Silvergate Bank Employee Reviews

Great Culture, but terrible balance.
Operations (Current Employee) –  La Jolla, CAMay 22, 2018
The company has a great culture, but there is no work/life balance. The amount of paid time off is not up to par with the current market (other financial institutions). This leads to a stressful work environment.
Pros
Snacks
Cons
Work Life Balance is lacking; not enough paid time off.
Positive experience
Loan Servicing Specialist (Former Employee) –  La Jolla, CAApril 6, 2018
I had a very good 2 year experience with Silvergate. The culture is nurturing and fast paced. I recommend! The only negative I had was the commute from north county was tough.
Pros
Na
Cons
Na
Great company always room for improvements
AVP, Compliance Analyst (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAMarch 29, 2018
Great company culture and comradery, advancement opportunities are slim since management brings in friends and does not post opportunities for current employees.
Great place to be employed
Sr. Loan Documentation (Former Employee) –  La Jolla, CAMarch 16, 2018
Great place to be employed. Overall, fantastic company to work for. Culture is amazing, Managers are fairly generous, great learning opportunities and fair workload. Only reason why I left this company was solely due to the lack of advancement at that time. Otherwise, easily could see myself there until I retired.

I highly recommend this Bank for employment.
Pros
Fair compensation, fair workload, learning opportunities and Company supplied food & beverages
Cons
If working in the Corporate Office, the UTC traffic is extremely busy.
Beware! Job descriptions are not accurate.
Corp office (Former Employee) –  La Jolla, CAMarch 4, 2018
Extreme stress and time constraints on understaffed job functions, corporate office. One employee doing the work of three. Extremely stressful. The department head is a nightmare as well. Steer clear!
Cons
No time for breaks due to understaffed department.
Limited interaction with any co workers
Commercial Credit Underwriter (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAJanuary 18, 2018
No interaction with others. Limited assistance. Multiple meetings, resulting in long turnover time to borrowers. Did provide a stocked kitchen of fresh fruit and juices.
Not for everyone
Bank Teller (Former Employee) –  La Mesa, CADecember 5, 2017
Cut throat work environment. Long hours. Not all employees encompass company culture. At times very disorganized. I appreciate that they tried but if feels like they are trying to be something they are not.
Excellent
Senior Vice President, Manager Correspondent (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAAugust 2, 2017
My work experience was excellent at Silvergate. The CEO was a good man to work for. I had to be laid off, but, the experience was excellent. I would recommend it highly.
Pros
The CEO
Excellent Benefits. But, not in a position to handle large transaction Companies, as of 2015.
Speciality Deposit Relationship Officer (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAOctober 4, 2016
Stable Community Bank. Very highly regarded Banking Executives on the Board of Directors. Privately owned. Worked directly with the CFO. Community Bank wanting to take market share of larger Banking Institutions. In regards to: Escrow/Title companies; Property Management. Silvergate Bank systems were unable to compete
Pros
Great Benefits for employees, Family oriented environment.
Cons
Operations not equal or competive with large scale clients.
N/a
CSR (Former Employee) –  Riverside, CAJune 21, 2016
Performing intermediate duties and support related to branch operational activities and financial services; processes all new account transactions; assisting customers in their selection of various accounts and financial services; cross-selling the Bank's products and services; opening, maintaining and closing of all account types; performing branch clerical duties; promoting business for the Bank by maintaining good customer relations and referring customers to appropriate staff for new services.
New Bank, fun experience
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  riverside, ca.June 9, 2015
It was a new location. We had the job of getting the word out in the community. It was fun while it lasted. short lived. they relocated quickly.
Pros
we got to take a lot of trips to the corporate office.
Cons
business was relatively slow. I prefer fast paced.
Great people to work with.
Senior Vice President, Operations (Former Employee) –  La Jolla, CAJuly 12, 2014
Company is a happy place to work as it is very pro employee. Excellent benefits and other employee perks. Lots of very nice people work there and great management team. Company went through a reorganization and downsize four months after I was hired and my position was impacted. I enjoyed my short tenure there.