Simco Electronics Employee Reviews

Love simco
Technician (Current Employee) –  Santa Clara, CAAugust 3, 2018
This is by far the best company I have worked for. Management is invested in our growth and is constantly helping me develop my skill set. Everyone is very friendly and is easy to talk to.
Pros
Management, Environment, Growth & Pay
Cons
Company shut down in December
Quality took a back seat to production
Calibration Technician (Former Employee) –  Richardson, TXJuly 26, 2018
A typical day was producing as much as possible in as little time as possible.
I learned very little.
The lab manager was great, but the regional manager was shady
Nobody seemed to be happy
Pros
Cons
Production over quality
Good place to get grounded (Memphis Lab)
CALIBRATION TECHNICIAN C (Former Employee) –  Cordova, TNJuly 22, 2018
The particular branch I worked in was great. I loved every minute of it. We worked well as a team, and my schedule was flexible. I was sad to be dismissed.
Pros
Relaxed atmosphere (Memphis Team)
Cons
Can't think of any
Lick and stick
Calibration Technician D (Former Employee) –  Billerica MaJuly 20, 2018
No concern for quality, corporation seeks to screw over customers, and does not support the calibration process . You will not have what you need to do the job, but get sent in anyway.
Pros
Cons
Managment out to lunch.
I was left alone to my job (for the most part)
Calibration Technician (Former Employee) –  Chatsworth, CAApril 1, 2018
My manager was ok. My supervisor was not. I was permanently stationed at a different company (contract). The upper management for the contract company told upper management from Simco that I single handedly save a $1 million dollar contract. I got Kudos from Simco's world headquarters but I could still do nothing right from my supervisor's point of view
April 20, 2018

Thank you for sharing your experience with us. SIMCO is dedicated to recognizing employees for their hard work and dedication. We greatly appreciate you working for this customer directly and dealing with the different tasks that are involved with being on-site. We strive to make SIMCO the best work environment for all employees at every level and welcome the feedback for improvement. We wish you the best in your future endeavors.

No accountability for management
Metrology Technician Level C (Current Employee) –  Dulles, VAMarch 27, 2018
The management will make wrong decisions on resources then force the technicians to work continuously until it's fixed. They do not provide tools to perform the job. We are expected to buy our own
April 20, 2018

Thank you for taking the time to review SIMCO on Indeed. Technicians are able to work overtime in order to maintain turnaround time and meet customer needs. We GREATLY appreciate and can’t thank all enough who have put in extra time to satisfy our customers. If you have any concerns about the way anything is being handled, please reach out to HR at HR@simco.com

Good company going downhill
Computer Consultant (Former Employee) –  Santa Clara, CAMarch 15, 2018
They are not investing in their core business and are making mistakes in the direction of their IT staffing and development.
I developed their core systems and so they are golden if they stick with it, but they are trying to modernize it in the wrong way. It definitely could benefit from modernization done the correct way but they hired consultants who directed them in the wrong direction.
Pros
good commute, good pay for many years
Cons
management has made mistakes and don't take kindly to suggestions
April 24, 2018

Thank you for taking the time to post your comment. We wish you the best of luck in your future endeavors.

Room For Improvement
Calibration Technician (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCFebruary 27, 2018
SIMCO is one of the largest third party calibration labs in the continental United States who has many big customers. This is unique in a career field where they can be many small labs.
Pros
Flexible hours
Cons
management
April 26, 2018

Thank you for taking the time to review SIMCO. We take pride in the service we provide to our customers and promote career growth for our employees.

Excellent Teamwork, Great Management
Equipment Delivery/Technician/Purchasing (Former Employee) –  Santa Clara, CADecember 16, 2017
Started at the bottom right out of high school. Next position was night transportation driver. The third position was day driver. The fourth position was Purchasing Agent. Nice, consistent work flow with each position. Management was always there whenever you wanted/needed to talk. From the Supervisor all the way to VP and CEO. Every person there was willing to teach and wanted to help in any and every way possible. Whenever there was free time, learned mechanical equipment calibration as a Mechanical Technician Assistant (no official title). I miss working here and especially miss the coworkers/management.
Pros
Excellent Teamwork, Consistent Work
April 25, 2018

SIMCO greatly appreciates the time you took to review our company. We are dedicated to career growth within the organization and happily provide career guidance. It is wonderful to hear that you started in an entry level role and grew into a more mid-level role.

-SIMCO Electronics

Forced employees to cut corners
Electronics/Calibration/Repair Technician (Former Employee) –  Richardson, TXNovember 1, 2017
While I was with company they gave customers unrealistic expectations that the technicians would finish jobs a lot faster than it could be done. This forced employees to skip steps to complete jobs for fear they would be fired.
May 7, 2018

SIMCO would like to thank you for your review. We pride ourselves on our quality and accuracy when it comes to calibrating any of our customer’s equipment.

A good place to work
Lead Technician, Primary Quality Representative (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXSeptember 17, 2017
Employees are treated well and fairly, pay is good and the benefits are also good, but the health insurance is on the expensive side, raises are minimal but there are good opportunities for advancement and promotion, mostly due to the high employee turnover
April 26, 2018

Thank you for reviewing SIMCO. Our employees are our greatest asset and we pride ourselves in offering competitive compensation and benefit packages. We are constantly looking to improve our working environment to insure a great workforce which leads to outstanding customer service.

Simco
Calibration Technician (Current Employee) –  Santa Clara, CASeptember 12, 2017
Really enjoy the team I work for. Management in my department is some of the best. Everyone works together well and is willing to go the extra mile to get the job done.
May 7, 2018

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. We are happy to hear that you love your job with SIMCO. Keep up the good work!

Would not hire on with SIMCO electronics
Calibration Technician (Former Employee) –  Santa Clara, CAJuly 7, 2017
Hostile work environment, lab supervisor lacked the abilities to lead a team of experienced technician. Management and human resources knew about the situation and turned a blind eye to the problem. They hire and dismiss technician aa the budget allows. The company's policy is to have technician's to work past there 8 hours shift without paying overtime
The lab lacks necessary standards and equipment needed to perform the job correctly.
Technicians are required to purchase their own tools and accessories needed.
The company also does a poor job of customer relations and continually produces a poor product.
Pros
Cons
leadership of the calibration lab
April 26, 2018

SIMCO strives to provide our employees with a positive and satisfying work environment. We encourage continuing feedback from our employees. We appreciate you taking the time to express your concerns and wish you the best in your career.

Productive place to work, allows for flexible schedules
Procedure Development Manager (Former Employee) –  Greensboro, NCMay 30, 2017
Started as a technician, advanced to lead technician to Lab manager to Procedure Development Manager.

As with most commercial cal labs, focus is more on production and turn time over quality.
May 7, 2018

Thank you for reviewing SIMCO. We take pride in developing our employees and encourage career development and growth. It is wonderful to hear that you were able to move into management within the company.

Simco
Calibration Technician (Current Employee) –  Santa Clara, CAMarch 31, 2017
I really enjoy working for SIMCO because of my co workers, flexibility in my work schedule and the ability to grow in my position. SIMCO has a good benefit packet and vacation policy.
Pros
Management, on the job training, Growth Advancement
May 7, 2018

Thanks for taking the time to review SIMCO. We are happy to see you enjoy working at SIMCO. We continually strive to provide growth paths for our employees and are grateful to you for your hard work! Please feel free to reach out to your manager or HR at any time for assistance in developing your skills. We look forward to watching your success within SIMCO!

Poor culture
Sr. Key Account Manager (Current Employee) –  Newport News, VAMarch 23, 2017
Not interested in writing a review, however I could not proceed until doing so. Here is a short summary of really nothing. Hope this meets the criteria to proceed.
May 7, 2018

Thank you for rating SIMCO. We wish you the best in your future endeavors.

Calibration Technician
Calibration Technician C (Former Employee) –  Springboro, OHJanuary 21, 2017
Generally, 8a - 5p work day. Ability to learn new and challenging test equipment. Management is professional and understanding. Good coworkers. Overnight travel required a lot.
April 26, 2018

Thank you for reviewing SIMCO. Our goal is to provide growth opportunities for our employees with the ability to expand their jobs knowledge and skill set

Workplace was unorganized.
Metrology Calibration Technician (Former Employee) –  Warsaw, INJuly 28, 2016
Working for Simco was a challenge. There never were enough work stations or standards for the needed calibration.
With the help of my co-workers I learned to use many new standards and procedures need for calibration. They were very knowledgeable and willing to take the time to teach.
There seemed to be a lack of communication between management and workers, especially on the off shifts.
The hardest thing to accept was the fact that there were "to many Chiefs and not enough Indians".
I enjoyed being able to work at my own pace and being able to
ask for assistance when needed.
April 26, 2018

Thank you for your review. SIMCO takes pride in our employees and encourages cross training and communications. Our goal is to create a great working environment. We wish you the best in your career.

Great People
SIMCO CALIBRATION LABORATORY SUPPORT TECHNICIAN (Current Employee) –  Warsaw, INMay 31, 2016
The people here are great. Very friendly and always willing to help. There are always opportunities to learn new things that could help in the future.
Pros
Healthcare
April 25, 2018

Thank you for taking the time to review SIMCO. We are happy to see that you had a positive experience with us. Our employees truly make our culture and our mission possible.

Needs better management and organization, no advancement
Field Service Technician C (Current Employee) –  Santa Clara, CAApril 17, 2016
Until they learn how to manage personnel and stop hiring people they find a Home Depot street corner, I wouldn't go back to working for them. There is never room for advancement because they would rather hire someone new to fill any position instead of promoting within.
Pros
work experience
Cons
management, racist, hostile work enviroment
April 26, 2018

SIMCO takes pride in hiring, developing and promoting employees within the company. We provide many opportunities for career advancement as well as relocation within locations in the SIMCO network.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Simco Electronics. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

InHerSight Score
1.6

1.4Personal Development

1.0Career Opportunities

2.7Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight