Simmons College Employee Reviews

my review of simmons
Cashier/Cook (Former Employee) –  Roxbury, MAMay 31, 2018
decent and busy. not recommended. it wasnt to bad but can be much better than what it was due to mismanagement. i wouldnt work there again and wouldnt suggest.
The future of learning
Adjunct Instructor (Current Employee) –  Boston, MAMay 31, 2018
Teaching online and learning online is the future. In the beginning there were kinks because it is a new program but it was nice to work according to what may fit your schedule.
productive and room for growth
Pediatric Clinical Instructor (Current Employee) –  Boston, MAJanuary 23, 2018
started on the unit with my students getting report from the nurses.
Then had pre conference. Started our day with vital signs and patient care. Ended our day with pre conference.
Pros
nurses were nice
Cons
not enough time on units
Learning
Adjunct Clinical Instructor (Current Employee) –  Boston, MADecember 31, 2017
Teaching at Simmons assisted with solidifying knowledge base as Nurse Practitioner. It is an enjoyable experience and is a great way to pay it forward.
Different activites for people to do throughout the day
Camp Counselor (Seasonal) (Former Employee) –  YMCA - Nashville TNDecember 9, 2017
I didnt work at Simmons College of Kentucky. Simmons College of Kentucky is the school that I attended. I was working at the YMCA in Nashville,TN. That should have been included.
Good Entry Level
Media Support/Service Desk Technician (Current Employee) –  Boston, MAOctober 27, 2017
Good chance to get started in tech support. You will have the chance to learn about technology and operations. However, it is definitely just a start.
Nursing Instructor
Clinical Instructor (Current Employee) –  Boston, MAOctober 15, 2017
Great Place to work and good satisfaction knowing you are contributing to developing future nurses. Good support from administration. Good that it works with my schedule.
College good for starting out in Co-op
Sr. IT Support Specialist (Current Employee) –  Boston, MAOctober 4, 2017
If you need something part time or for Co-op it might be good for you.. Chances are you will make under $17 per hour. Training needs to be better and work with a full timer until you are comfortable to go alone.
Supportive and Enjoyable
Adjunct Faculty (Current Employee) –  Boston, MAJuly 20, 2017
I have only worked there briefly, and only per diem, but I have enjoyed the students and faculty as well as feel very supported. I work with seminar groups and assessment labs.
Attorney Diana Gondek (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAJuly 16, 2017
This is a small school just outside of Boston. It provides good opportunities for both faculty and students to progress. I made a strong connection with one of my professors and worked as an intern.
Great Place to Work!!!
Technology Assistant (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAJune 26, 2017
The co-workers make you feel welcome on your first day and every other day after that. Excellent place to start and build a career. I loved the job very much.
Pros
people, education, advancment
Cons
parking
Great
Projects Assistant for Executive Education (Current Employee) –  Boston, MASeptember 15, 2016
This is a very friendly environment. You will learn your job in a fast paced place and learn a lot from others. Others will always voluntarily help you whenever you have questions.
good place to work with supportive colleagues
Director of Dotson Clinical Simulation Lab (Current Employee) –  Boston, MAAugust 9, 2016
Simmons College School of Nursing and Health Sciences is a great learning and supportive environment. The Dean is supportive of her Faculties and is very approachable. It is a nice working environment with great colleagues and wonderful students who love to learn.
Productive Workplace
Technician (Current Employee) –  Boston, MAJune 28, 2016
Great place to work. Management is very nice and understanding, and the environment can be relaxing. The job can be either really slow or nonstop, but both situations are still quite manageable.
Good college job
Phone Caller (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAJune 5, 2016
The Phonathon program has a great atmosphere, and it is a good way to start getting work experience while still in college.
Mentorship is the way to go
Student Assistant (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAMay 25, 2016
Having worked in the library, as a research assistant, and as an exam proctor, there's a trend I've noticed across the departments. People encourage you to grow. There are so many good thing I could say about the departments I've worked with, I don't know where to start.
Pros
Free food after events, sponsored lunches, mentorship
Cons
student positions, part-time, no benefits
wonderful
Section instructor (Current Employee) –  Boston, MAMay 9, 2016
.It has been a great place to work for . The faculty and tech support are always there when you need them. I will continue to adjunct for the college .
always overtime
Public Safety Officer (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAJanuary 30, 2016
management was not the best, but there is options if you wanted to advance in the department, I haven't been employed with them for about 3 years so things could have changed, but there is still a very high turn over rate, which proves otherwise.
Productive environment,
Support (Former Employee) –  Boston, MASeptember 11, 2015
Worked for over 10 years. Had a positive experience but when through many changes including, institution-wide layoffs, reorganization, outsourcing, etc. But many people stick around. Good community of people. Closed during winter break. Hardest part was being on-call for my position.
Pros
Good people
Cons
Being on-call 24/7
Good environment
Undergraduate Researcher (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAJuly 25, 2015
A very good environment. There is a definite good support from the professors. A very open and good relationship between student:student and student:professor

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Simmons College. Our community is ready to answer.

Women's ratings

Powered by Fairygodboss

4.0Fairygodboss Score

100%say women are treated fairly and equally to men

100%would recommend to other women

Fairygodboss provides free job reviews for women, by women.

Simmons College Reviews by Location