Simmons First National Corporation Employee Reviews

Customer flow is varable
Customer Service II (Former Employee) –  North Little Rock, ARJanuary 31, 2019
Typical day opening branch, security checks, I felt I was not used to my full ability.
It was not a good fit at my location, and could not transfer or get training to relocated to better or other position
Pros
Na
Cons
Closed group of people
Job sounded like a golden opportunity, but opportunity for me was none.
Credit Analyst II, AVP (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKJanuary 29, 2019
My experience with Simmons (formerly Bank SNB) in Oklahoma City was rough from the start. Like most banks in OKC they are behind the curve in the area of cultural diversity. Within the first month of working there, I knew that opportunities for skill enhancement and routes for career advancement were based on what you are. The typical workday was nothing less than stressful. To name of few of my stressors, my projects were more scrutinized than projects completed by others, I was not engaged by lenders to go meet clients like others in my department were, and when I inquired about posted career advancement opportunity, I was told that there was not an actual position open and then the bank hired someone for the "not open" position. My advice to management would be to not make it so apparent that your egos were hurt after the buyout of Bank SNB by Simmons Bank and be fair. Simmons Bank (Oklahoma market) and the banking industry in Oklahoma are antiquated. It is absurd to believe that people of all walks of life don't want opportunities to succeed and then to deny them and make your beliefs evident by your hiring practices.
Pros
Paid twice a month
Cons
Not an equal opportunity employer for those who God gave more melanin.
Went from a smaller corporation to a large multiple state bank.
Vice President Investment Group (Former Employee) –  Little Rock, ARJanuary 26, 2019
SFNB underwent a dramatic change in company culture after a rash of acquisitions. My department was downsized as the vision was revamped. I enjoyed the people i worked with.
Pros
Good relationship with my immediate supervisor.
Cons
Very stressful under the new regime.
stressful
Personal Banker (Current Employee) –  White Hall, ARJanuary 19, 2019
Stressful and the rules aren't the same for everyone. Everyone is not a team player. Too many cliques. To hard to transfer for a lateral move even when you are willing to relocate and have 30 years of experience in the same job seeking.
Productive and good work environment
Assistant Vice President /Community Banker (Current Employee) –  Searcy, ARNovember 21, 2018
I love working for Simmons. They promote a culture of excellence through passion, growth, high performance, integrity and being better together. These are cultural cornerstones of the Simmons organization, and they live by them.
More strict than when Simmons was Metropolitan
Loan Assistant (Former Employee) –  Little Rock, ARNovember 13, 2018
The job titles given to upper management allow for a big ego, a lot of overtime is worked with no additional compensation, and benefits were okay. Management could use some training and more culture would help a stiff environment.
Simmons is a very rapidly growing company who takes good care of their employees
Loan Assistant II-Equipment Finance (Current Employee) –  Little Rock, ARNovember 7, 2018
Great company to work for but my department has no room for advancement. It’s hard to move wothin the bank. Once you in a department it’s hard to leave
Pros
Stable company
Cons
Locked in my department with no advance opportunity
Work/Mgmnt
Teller (Former Employee) –  Pine Bluff, AROctober 16, 2018
The work load is overbearing and management has little intention to correct problems. The raise is based solely on management and can sometimes be unfair.
Pros
Some of the people.
Cons
Some management needs training on listening.
Commercial Credit Analyst (Former Employee) –  Little Rock, ARSeptember 14, 2018
Welcome to the Good Ole boy system of hiring, advancement and retention. Some employees are treated different than others in the same department. Same rules do not apply.
Loved the job
Commercial Loan Assistant (Former Employee) –  Fayetteville, ARSeptember 4, 2018
I loves the job. I liked my supervisor who is no longer there. Training is lacking but that is common without banks. I didn’t like the drive but that’s normal because I live far out if Fayetteville.
Multiple transformation changes
IT Project Manager (Current Employee) –  Little Rock, ARAugust 26, 2018
Management changes direction often. Co-workers are great. Too many changes happening without a clear list of priorities and change of direction often. No real processes in place.
Fair
Indirect Auto Underwriting Manager (Former Employee) –  Jackson, TNAugust 23, 2018
Good benefit package, good working conditions, hardest part of my job was working to get the electronic information systems in place to compete for business in the indirect auto finance industry.
benefits
Cons
lack of a quality system
Wonderful Management, Terrible for for Personal Needs
Customer Call Center Specialist (Former Employee) –  Pine Bluff, ARAugust 15, 2018
I enjoyed working at Simmons Bank, as a matter of fact, if I didn't have to have surgery and if I didn't need to relocate, I would still be working there. The management was always wonderful, up until you get so sick you need surgery. Just before I left they brought me in to talk about 'excessive absences' when I was having gallbladder attacks. They're not so forgiving about any missed days, even when you're trying to get the problem fixed and provide doctors notes for all of your appointments. If you have PTO they'll also get onto you, even if you're using it.

Management was always helpful, especially my supervisor. She was much more understanding and down-to-earth than some of the other supervisors were. It was like she was forced, really, to talk to me about the absences.
Pros
Pto, Nice Management
Cons
Hard Absentee Policy
Compliance Specialist (Current Employee) –  Little Rock, ARAugust 3, 2018
Wonderful place to work. Great atmosphere. Plenty of opportunity for advancement. Company is growing and management is family friendly. Insurance plans need improving.
Solid Company
Branch Manager/ Bank Officer (Current Employee) –  Little Rock, ARJune 29, 2018
Daily Managerial Duties, Daily processing of customer transactions, weekly huddles to increase branch & individual production. I enjoy working with the public & interacting with them daily
Pros
Great Company
Cons
Nonr
Regional Controller (Former Employee) –  TennesseeJune 18, 2018
This is a good place to work. The work was always challenging and rewarding. As a member of management, I believe my contribution was valued and appreciated.
Pros
Challenging work
Cons
Lack of security
Executive management is lacking and short-sighted
Assistant (Former Employee) –  Little Rock, ARJune 4, 2018
There is a club for those to get ahead, good luck if you're not in it. Management is reactionary rather than pro-active. Process changes are always riddled with chaos.
Pros
The average associates are wonderful!
Cons
Executive management
Management is a joke
Teller (Current Employee) –  Springfield, MOMay 20, 2018
Turnover is outrageous and there is little to no training. They expect sales from everyone but the tellers have much more to worry about rather then just sales so they are in turn over worked and can't focus on they're transactions as much since they are focused on selling. This causes several simple mistakes to be made often.
Pros
Benefits, Pto
Cons
Management, advancement, training
Ok company to work for
Anonymous (Current Employee) –  AnonymousMay 10, 2018
I've worked for Simmons Bank for several years. I have been promoted multiples times and think that if you are able to work In a fast paced environment, it is an ok job/career.
Everyone is Entitled
Personal Banker (Former Employee) –  Springfield, MOMay 9, 2018
Maybe it was the branch I was at, but everyone was really entitled and felt that they were perfect and never did anything wrong. Everything is always about how much money the customer has, and the management was extremely inconsistent. Do not recommend.
Pros
Great hours and pay.
Cons
Customers, managers, culture

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Simmons First National Corporation. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.6InHerSight Score

2.8Personal Development

2.8Career Opportunities

2.5Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight