Simmons First National Corporation Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Compliance Specialist (Current Employee) –  Little Rock, ARAugust 3, 2018
Wonderful place to work. Great atmosphere. Plenty of opportunity for advancement. Company is growing and management is family friendly. Insurance plans need improving.
Solid Company
Branch Manager/ Bank Officer (Current Employee) –  Little Rock, ARJune 29, 2018
Daily Managerial Duties, Daily processing of customer transactions, weekly huddles to increase branch & individual production. I enjoy working with the public & interacting with them daily
Pros
Great Company
Cons
Nonr
Regional Controller (Former Employee) –  TennesseeJune 18, 2018
This is a good place to work. The work was always challenging and rewarding. As a member of management, I believe my contribution was valued and appreciated.
Pros
Challenging work
Cons
Lack of security
Executive management is lacking and short-sighted
Assistant (Former Employee) –  Little Rock, ARJune 4, 2018
There is a club for those to get ahead, good luck if you're not in it. Management is reactionary rather than pro-active. Process changes are always riddled with chaos.
Pros
The average associates are wonderful!
Cons
Executive management
Management is a joke
Teller (Current Employee) –  Springfield, MOMay 20, 2018
Turnover is outrageous and there is little to no training. They expect sales from everyone but the tellers have much more to worry about rather then just sales so they are in turn over worked and can't focus on they're transactions as much since they are focused on selling. This causes several simple mistakes to be made often.
Pros
Benefits, Pto
Cons
Management, advancement, training
Ok company to work for
Anonymous (Current Employee) –  AnonymousMay 10, 2018
I've worked for Simmons Bank for several years. I have been promoted multiples times and think that if you are able to work In a fast paced environment, it is an ok job/career.
Everyone is Entitled
Personal Banker (Former Employee) –  Springfield, MOMay 9, 2018
Maybe it was the branch I was at, but everyone was really entitled and felt that they were perfect and never did anything wrong. Everything is always about how much money the customer has, and the management was extremely inconsistent. Do not recommend.
Pros
Great hours and pay.
Cons
Customers, managers, culture
Great place
Mortgage Assistant (Former Employee) –  Little Rock, ARApril 5, 2018
Great place to work, easy staff, great location, flexible with family, and pregnancy appts, friendly, great pay, great benefits. Quite environment. Would go back!
Terrible management
Bank Teller (Former Employee) –  Ozark, MOMarch 28, 2018
They do not care about employees. When you start there is a lot of positive feedback, but they do not discuss any negative feedback with you until your job is at risk.
Not so much structure
Commercial Lender (Current Employee) –  Greenfield, MOMarch 16, 2018
I still don't know who exactly is my boss aka manager. I'm a person, who when challenged, learns how to do something. The people on my team don't seem to care or have the desire to learn if someone else knows how to do it, so unfortunately in a way, a lot of extra work gets sent my way. There isn't proper training put into place to train the employees in their placed fields. Your just expected to know or find out and if not then oh well. I get sent Work that I'm not supposed to do but do anyway because I'm willing to learn and there is a lack of training to update those in their position. If I don't do what the company can offer, then it doesn't get done. I'm willing to learn from trial and error. The mentality seems to be if someone else picks up the slack, why should I? When new employees come on board there should be a training established specifically for their role. When credit policy changes there should be some foundation as to when it applies and to what loans, accounts. DO not tell your client that IF their credit score is below XYZ then not to apply. WE don't know what the credit looks like until we look.
Pros
Kind hearted and flexible with time off
Cons
No one else can pick up the slack but you
life at the bank
Collector 1 (Former Employee) –  Credit Card CollectionsMarch 14, 2018
Everything that made the job enjoyable was taken away in an overhaul of the department. SFNB used to give stock to employees based on longevity, but that was terminated. People in collections used to receive a bonus as it related to their performance. THAT too was terminated.

Nothing enjoyable about the job now.
Pros
nothing
Cons
cutthroat, competitive, jealousy
stressful place to work
Personal Banker (Current Employee) –  Little Rock, ARMarch 6, 2018
stressful place to work if you dont get your sales quota.if you dont get your sales quota then you don't get your bonus. and that is a lot of stress if you are not a sales oriented person
Pros
bank would buy lunch sometimes
Cons
sales
Small but good place to work
HEAD TELLER (Former Employee) –  Brownsville, TNMarch 1, 2018
The hardest part of the job is dealing with angry customers, but most of the time can get them satisfied before leaving the branch. Working at a bank is a busy day for the most part. You learn to remember things easily & you learn the customers.
Customer Service
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Pine Bluff, ARFebruary 20, 2018
Customer Service is the number one Command in the Banking Industry.
Assisting your Customer to the Best of your Ability is High Importanc in any Customer Service Job
Pros
He for lunch
Cons
No Cons
Productive and Enticing Workplace
Head Teller (Current Employee) –  Little Rock, ARFebruary 10, 2018
There is no typical day - every day is different. I have learned a lot as Simmons places a large value on learning. Each manager is different, so it can be hard to flow with each manager individually sometimes as they can each have their own rules. The most enjoyable part of the job would be all of the incentives for meeting sales goals.
Pros
Free lunches, learning opportunities
Cons
Each manager has their own rules
It’s been awhile since I have worked there, but it was a relaxed work environment at my location and we had a lot of great customers.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Dermott, ARJanuary 27, 2018
I had the good fortune to work with many great people and forge many relationships with co workers and customers. Upper management treated me well also.
Pros
Great people to work with
good place to work
Branch Manager; Collections Specialist (Current Employee) –  Brownsville, TNJanuary 25, 2018
hours are 8 per day , 5 days per week, good people to work with, very enjoyable. What I have learned with Simmons is a very good place to work, . have worked with my boss for over 25 years
Pros
boss
Cons
zero
Solid, growing bank with opprotunities for advancment.
NEW ACCOUNTS REPRESENTATIVE/TELLER II (Former Employee) –  Rogers, ARJanuary 24, 2018
When I worked for Simmons, over 18 years ago they were a good bank to work for. Compensation and Benefits were a little low but they offered lower level employees many opportunities for advancement.
Overall decent company to work for.
Personal Banker (Current Employee) –  Nixa, MOJanuary 11, 2018
Simmons Bank is a good company to work for but seems to have a lot of turnover. There is not a lot of room to advance in your career. They expect a lot from you but don’t want to compensate for the work you do. Simmons doesn’t provide a lot of coverage if you are shorthanded you get the short end of the stick. There isn’t anyone to cover for you.
Pros
Relaxed work environment.
Cons
Short breaks if allowed any.
Good job
Personal Banker III (Former Employee) –  Russellville, ARJanuary 10, 2018
Great hours and fair pay. Lots of paid time off and benefits like insurance and 410k. I felt pressure to find new clients but otherwise a good experience at this bank.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Simmons First National Corporation. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.6InHerSight Score

2.8Personal Development

2.8Career Opportunities

2.5Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight