Simmons First National Corporation
51Below average

Simmons First National Corporation Employee Reviews

United States168 reviews
Frequently work through lunches and am asked to cancel appointments, with absolutely no rewards system or any appreciation shown. No opportunity for advancement and lots of workplace drama. Beware.
It has been the worst place I’ve been employed by. From day 1 I realized I had made a mistake. They foster an environment that encourages employees to sabotage others in order to protect themselves daily. Poor on the job training, & expected to perform multiple jobs on top of your own with little pay. Management & above is all that is valued. Toxic work environment with illegal practices
Pros
Maybe the hours
Cons
Practice illegal refunding of fees, no support, poor training
I absolutely love the company I work for. If it wasn't for my husbands job relocating, I would retire there. They are very family oriented and take pride in their associates and customers.
Vacations, sick time, and other time off now has to be earned. No one that started there while I was there are gone. Don’t blame them for leaving. Better jobs
Cons
No lunch breaks for drive thru tellers or main line tellers
Not enough diversity in Top management. No on the job training opportunities.A lot of the managers need diversity training to understand other cultures and ethnicities.. There is not a lot of opportunities for growth within the company for people of color.
Pros
Holidays off
Cons
Job advancement is limited
Care to share?
Help people considering your employer. Share your experience.
When I started it was a place that valued employees and the experience they brought to the table. By the time I left it had become a place where top management expected only YES regardless of the damage to the company or customers. They fostered an environment that encouraged employees to sabotage others in order to protect themselves.
Chaotic everyone just kind of does their own thing. Training is terrible. Management is not great. No room for advancement. The only thing good is the hours.
New Upper Management keeps changing quarterly goals, in a case without notice.
HR is great and the team I work with but the chief of operations and the market manager do not care about the employees.
I have no more comments. If you choose to work there may it be a good experience for you. Many people leave because the bonus program does not reward you even if you work hard to earn your points. You are required to make phone calls and are scolded if you don't Very little encouragement. It's all about the mid to upper management.
Cash handling and basic computer techniques are required. Good customer service and professionalism.
Must be willing to work some Saturdays. Must be a go-getter.
I have worked for the company for 3 years now and I believe the job is what you make of it. Depending on what department you are in will determine how happy and satisfied you feel about your job
I really enjoy my position. It offered me the opportunity to work full-time while completing my degree, which I greatly appreciate. I work with a great group of individuals that I feel truly appreciate my contribution to team.
The most important part of my day is to satisfy every customer that comes into the branch. I feel accomplished when I see a happy customer walk about of the bank.
As a bank teller, the job was very slow paced and routine. Had good workplace culture. Hardest part about the job was training. Job included paid holidays.
The training is not the best or very hands on. They typically do not promote from within. Growth is not promoted and the pay is not the best. This bank does not practice Fair Lending, which could potentially pose legal issues later down the line. The bigger the bank, the less important the employees are, I suppose.
This is my second time working for Simmons after working here for 11 1/2 years previously. I left to work in a totally different career field. I decided to eventually come back to what I consider 'home.'
Pros
Free lunches, casual dress
I worked in bookkeeping which I don't think is there anymore, I was hired for the student loan depart and then when that job ended, I went to bookkeeping. It was very nice place to work and I learned a lot. This was back in the 80's. But they were great to work for back then.
Loved the atmosphere and for the most part, customers and most coworkers there. Did not care for the recruiting of individuals that liked to cause drama and not pull their weight, depending on others to make sales and give them credit so they could advance and feel superior. Not a very fair environment, Discriminated against older age individuals, jealous coworkers, inexperienced people lacking good customer service skills, micromanaged complaints about irrelevant issues.
Pros
Fast paced, wonderful appreciative customers, helpful coworkers
Cons
Low pay for experienced people, hired inexperienced young people with bad attitudes.
I changed jobs 3 times and I have no complaints about working there. I learned a lot and received some very good experience with each department. I was a teller the first 6 years. Then I went to Loan Administration for 7 years. Then I went back to the teller line where I became a Assistant Manager for 3 years. And lastly I worked in the Wire Transfer Dept for a year.
If you aren't a people person DO NOT apply to work here. You have to be open to talking to people and really interested in helping them learn more about banking and growing there money. You have to pay super close attention to details and ask a lot of questions. This job is not for people who are not people friendly. In a typical day you could do as many as 130 tranasctions for people and you have to make sure you are friendly and warm.
Working at Simmons bank was great! The culture was welcoming and I felt as if I had purpose. Being involved in the community was a huge part of the job and I loved that!
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Simmons First National Corporation. Our community is ready to answer.
Ratings from women
2.6
InHerSight Score
2.4Personal Development
3.1Career Opportunities
2.4Family Support
Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight