Simmons Foods Employee Reviews

Fun work place
Pallet Jack Operator (Former Employee) –  Southwest City, MOApril 3, 2018
I always looked forward to going to work and I was always on time and showed up everyday.All the bosses liked me and was always telling me how great a job I was always doing and they could always count on me to get my job done
Pros
Lunches were not paid
Cons
Short breaks
Pallet Jack Operator (Former Employee) –  Van Buren, ARMarch 23, 2018
Get the line ready and help maintain the progress of the line.Sometimes u help out with other departments if there is a issue with your line.good carrier opportunists
Pros
Good work good health care
Cons
Not much overtime
Plan to retire from Simmons
Manager (Current Employee) –  Siloam Springs, ARMarch 19, 2018
I started at Simmons right out of school. I have been given opportunities to develop skills and they helped me get a Masters degree. The culture has changed since I started here for the better and I hope to be part of that continued growth. I think they want to be the employer of choice and I can see them making efforts to become that. They are not perfect, and no company is. But what is different at Simmons is that they seem to want to do the right thing.
Pros
Health Care Benefits, Chaplain Services, 401k match, Culture
Fast paced none stop
Box Handler (Former Employee) –  Decatur, ARMarch 18, 2018
There are to many people complaining. There seems to be to many chiefs and not enough Indians. Work is fast, none stop line work. Complaince about performance without help to solve the problem.
Good place to work with good co workers
Fabricator/Welder (Former Employee) –  Van Buren, ARMarch 15, 2018
Overall good company to work for. 12 hour shifts not bad but I had to drive over an hour to work. I worked every other weekend which was ok for me. Was not a stressful job for me.
Productive work place
Quality assurance / haccp , machine operator (Current Employee) –  Siloam Springs, ARMarch 6, 2018
It is a productive place to work, the work is easy n the people are very friendly and ready to help you in any way possible. The place cold though, but it is sometimes fast paced.
Pros
Breaks on time, help when needed
Cons
Sometimes no breaks if get done early
Enjoy your life with a great company
QA Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Siloam Springs, ARFebruary 28, 2018
The work is not hard but is very rewarding. I don't mind going in everyday because not every day will be the same. The management style needs to change but overall it is a great place to work. The benefits are awesome.
benefits
Cons
n/a
day of simmons
proteine (Former Employee) –  Sothwest city MoFebruary 9, 2018
had to load out feed ingredients and then weigh and print out tickets. The environment with other workers was awesome. ...................................
Muy buena
Simmons (Former Employee) –  ArkansasFebruary 6, 2018
Muy bueno trabajar para ellos pero ay que estar dispuestos a trabajar en temperaturas bajas
accounting/ parts room supervisor/ maintenance buyer
Parts room supervisor and maintenance buyer (Former Employee) –  Siloam Springs, ARFebruary 5, 2018
I started out in the accounting office and from there went to parts room supervisor and maintenance buyer. I loved the job but had some serious heath issues and I was forced to leave.
Pros
great pay
i enjoyed the fast pace of my job and i enjoyed the closeness of my fellow workers. it was like working with family
palletizer (Former Employee) –  Fort Smith, ARFebruary 5, 2018
Simmons was an amazing place to work.
It wasn't as much the employment or the benefits as it was the relationship between fellow employees. I love a place where everyone is more than just another face in a smock.
Pros
$300 sign on bonus, family atmosphere, employee appreciation .benefits thrown by the companies we were supplying.
Cons
worked 6 days a week every week.
Cold but great food
DSI (Former Employee) –  Van Buren, ARFebruary 3, 2018
It was a cool place to work most of the time.The place is killer on the back.The people are really nice, its like you have non stop moms. Also, it is freezing.
Pros
Great food truck
Cons
very cold
Stressful, no training and lack of management
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Emporia, KSFebruary 1, 2018
no training or lack of training. The management is a joke for this position. co -workers created hostile work environment. would never recommend this job to anyone.
Pros
pay
Cons
the environment you had to work in
machine opperator
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Emporia, KSJanuary 29, 2018
Learned to operate unloader machine. worked 12 hour shifts. Lots of hours available. Pretty simple work the majority of time some times assembly line will break down and it does gets hectic.
Production Worker (Current Employee) –  Fort Smith, ARJanuary 25, 2018
The hours are good; meet new people from different cultures and they provide good medical insurance. The hardest part of the job is when the Machine is at a very high speed and it makes it harder to clean the nuggets.
Pros
enjoyable
Cons
Too Much Goopsip
good place to work
Quality Assurance Technician (Former Employee) –  Fort Smith, ARJanuary 19, 2018
good place to work and nice work environment, okay management, pay is good for the area, whish they had a better way of moving up in the company over all good place yo work
Good company to work for
Sanitation Manager (Former Employee) –  VAN BUREN ARJanuary 16, 2018
While working for simmons, they gave me opportunity to advance my career and allowed me time to spend with my family. They were good for helping me select the right candidates for the job.
Pros
Family oriented company with hands on approach
Cons
Not competitive enough to keep employees
Good place
Pallet Jack Operator/ yard check (Former Employee) –  Van Buren, ARJanuary 10, 2018
It’s a good place to it is extremely high paced but with the exception of once the in a blue moon it’s not really all that stressful unless you don’t have a good work ethic
Pros
Good benefits, semi set schedule
Cons
Lot of walking
Long boring hours
Product Checker (PC) (Current Employee) –  Siloam Springs, ARJanuary 6, 2018
I'm sure some people love this sort of work but I sure as heck don't. Extremely long (12hr) days with very dull robotic work.

I work as a Product Checker (PC) which basically means I measure the weights of random samples of chicken pieces for 12 hours, even though the entire job takes about 2hrs. For the remainder I stand around 'looking busy' for the other 10 after I finish my work. The leads will often try to get you to work on the line in downtime, but I am man over a foot taller than most of the hispanic women who work here - the lines are far too short for me and it really kills my back. Really bad, I'm serious. Many days I also am not even able to do my job requirements as my dept only needs 3 PCs and I am often the 4th of 5th there. In those cases I either have to work on the line or just go home if they request it.
It is VERY dull work. One of the most mundane, mind-numbing jobs I have ever done. I seriously have gotten to the point where I play tic-tac-toe with myself because I basically have 10 hours to kill. There is no creativity, no variety, and very picky & stubborn people you have to answer to. Take that how you will.
There is almost no one for me to talk to, as I don't speak spanish and most people that work hear speak it exclusively. For a spanish speaker I imagine this job is much more bearable.
The days are long (5am-4:30pm), but 4 days a week however the break days change every week on a cycle which can be a bit annoying for scheduling life apart from work. Do not expect to be able to do anything else than work on work days, there is no time especially
  more... with a commute. Do not expect to have any sort of night life during a work day.

DO NOT apply to work on (or a job near, because they will put you on it) the line if you 1) only speak english, and 2) are taller than 5'5". I'm serious on this. 90% of the people in this area speak little to no english (only spanish), and someone like me who only speaks english really has no one to talk to all day long. It's nobody's fault, but it is what it is. Also, I am 6'1" and my back absolutely kills me after working days here because everything (tables, machines, etc) is made for people around 5'2" (the height of most hispanic women who work here in abundance), and I am not exaggerating. Also do not apply if you expect anything other than dull, repetitive assembly line type work where you do the same thing all day every day with no variety or creative freedom whatsoever.
DO apply if you speak spanish, are under 5'5" (again, I'm dead serious - it's for your health), and enjoy very mundane robotic work. Some people love this and that is great. I'm not one of them.
Pros
Not anything worthy of note unless you like this type of work
Cons
Mediocre/depressing atmosphere, early mornings, long hours, cold temperature, dull, bizarre day-off schedule, bilingual preference
Great Starter
Production Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Siloam Springs, ARJanuary 2, 2018
Coming out of highschool or college opportunity to learn is great. Advancement opportunities if your a multi tasking employee. College degrees are known to climb faster then others.
Pros
Clinic
Cons
advancement

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Simmons Foods. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

InHerSight Score
1.3

0.0Personal Development

1.3Career Opportunities

0.0Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight