simon contractors Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Good
Accounts Payable Administrator (Former Employee) –  Cheyenne, WYJune 18, 2018
A good place to work. Management was good. Work place was friendly. Co-workers were friendly. Work place was good. Breaks was 15 minutes and lunch half hours.
great place to work
Laborer (Current Employee) –  North Platte, NEMarch 14, 2018
friendly people to work with. learned how to work with asphalt. hardest part of the job was the times we had worked 70 hrs weekly. show up to the plant at designated time usually 6 am go through the daily safety meeting explaining what was going on that day. most enjoyable part of the job was the jobs. got to see different places
Laborer (Former Employee) –  Cheyenne, WYNovember 2, 2017
For a hard worker, this work environment is a good place to work. home every night and most weekends. Gets cold at times and get laid off in winter time. Can not be afraid to work.
Pros
Most weekends off and home every night.
Cons
Gets cold and get laid off in winter time
Once they grew they lost there values. It turned into everbody for themselves no more team...
Plant Worker (Former Employee) –  Gillette, WYMarch 12, 2016
Was good was a good team. They grew then it went to everybody for them selves no more team. Downhill in the management. Going to work worried about your job isnt a good. The purchases of companies and new management took the simons that i enjoyed and made them the type of company i was glad to get away from.
loved being outdoors
Survey Crew (Former Employee) –  Scottsbluff, NEDecember 10, 2014
worked a long time for this company and love being outdoors and traveling
asphalt and concrete material production and jobsite delivery
driver (Current Employee) –  Laramie, WYAugust 9, 2014
I arrive when requested and perform whatever tasks that are required of me . I learn new and valuable insights each and every day pertaining to the transportation industry thru trial and experience as each situation arises and I am responsible for onsight problem resolution , in field customer coordination as well as equipment maintenance. I work with and support all management decisions and work closely with all supervisory personnel involved with the safe and timely completion of company objectives and responsibilities while increasing company productivity. Hardest part of the job is the unpredictable nature of demand and coordination with personal finances depending on the reliability of obsolete and unsafe equipment.being an intricate part of the maintenance, growth and progress of the city I live in for myself and future generations to come.
Pros
financial potential
Cons
financial and seasonal work instability
Decent work environment
Equipment operator (Former Employee) –  North Platte, NEFebruary 28, 2014
Daily work would start at different times, it was very unorganized. Management was not trained well, which could not train us properly. I did learn how to operated multiple pieces of equiptment. The hardest part of the job was creating easier ways to do things, but was not allowed. The most enjoyable part of the job was working outdoors.
Pros
Outdoor work environment
Cons
Never Home
Co-workers and management all around friendly. All around team players.
Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Cheyenne, WYJuly 29, 2013
Daily tasks where very challenging, along with round the clock services to incoming equipment. Team play was one of this companies best and most valued asset. Lay offs where to long as they worked according to the season.
Pros
Company always has the best Holiday feast for their employees and families.
Cons
To many days off due to the cold season, which at times prolonged into weeks without pay. To much snow, and very cold which made it hard to work in general.