Simon Property Group Employee Reviews

Don't Work Here
Guest Services Manager (Former Employee) –  Arlington, VASeptember 18, 2018
The guest services manager position is the worst job that you can get at the mall I worked for. It was a retail position masked as an outside B2B sales position. You never know if you are going to get your weekend off because someone always calls out. The general manager expects you to cover the shift even if it means you have to work throughout all the business hours 7 days a week straight. I worked overtime almost every week. This place does not respect work/life balance. You will get burned out. The most enjoyable part of the job were the customers but everything else such as management, workplace culture, and a typical day at work is so toxic that you could easily get stressed out. If you decide to apply and get the job my advice is to document everything that goes on during the day including recording messages on your phone for your job security. Try to transfer to another Simon Mall as soon as you can.
Pros
Simon is a prestigious name to have on a resume
Cons
Extremely toxic environment
Fabulous Work Environment with Potential for Growth
Sr. Administrative Marketing (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INSeptember 17, 2018
Great experience as a contractor while being included, respected, valued, and trusted. A great company to explore growth worldwide. Loved it. Highly recommend the company, apply today!
Pros
beautiful work environment, free ice, huge fridge for lunches, starbucks inside corporate building--yum!
Cons
park and walk two blocks down and one block over--piece of cake and good exercise, what's not to love!
Nice work environment
Sr. Utility Billing Analyst (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INSeptember 10, 2018
Simon limits who they want to advance and minorities are not high on their list. They keep minorities locked in positions that keep them out of management.
Pros
On site gym and Starbucks. Company funded events.
Cons
Racist
Good Solid Company to work for
Mall Manager (Current Employee) –  Napa County, CASeptember 10, 2018
Good Company and lots of opportunity for those motivated. You will go far if you are a self starter, positive and love to work with good people.
Recent wages have gone up and they are a great company to get a lot of experience.
Never any overtime. Some working holidays but very good at approving any time off.
I would really recommend this great company.
Pros
Recent Wages have gone up
Cons
Must be motivated, self starter
Great company
Information Technology Support Technician (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INAugust 30, 2018
Worked here through school and was able to stay after graduating. Eventually they outsourced our entire department so I had to move on but overall a good experience.
Pros
Pay
Cons
Contractor- no benefits
Chaotic culture
Senior Lease Analyst (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INAugust 22, 2018
I've not been there for several years so hopefully things have changed. At the time there was extreme employee turnover, chronically behind on work and really poor morale of coworkers.
Pros
Benefit Package
Cons
Corporate Culture
Worst VP I have ever worked for
Assistant Property Manager (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXAugust 22, 2018
No proper training. The accounting department run the operations with a different system. This was the worst experience I have had working for a management company. PTO was not given on time vacation kicks in after 180 days but says other wise on the offer letter. Very dishonest people.
Pros
Cons
everything
Relaxed Job
Guest Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Jersey City, NJAugust 21, 2018
Great customer service skills
great management
good pay
the most enjoyable part is getting to interact with people throughout the day
a typical day is pretty relaxed but can feel pretty slow
Great Place to work!
Technical Consultant PC Support II (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INAugust 18, 2018
Management is outstanding and the working environment is wonderful. Team building and communication is what this company is about. They take care of their employees.
Be prepared for major, major multi-tasking and no recognition
Office Administrator (Former Employee) –  Chandler, ArizonaAugust 16, 2018
Loved my job, hated the nonsense which eventually caused our separation. Multi tasking is required and fine unless you are pulled so thin that you can't complete required items. You make the management team succeed, while you are left on the sidelines. It is a pattern of exclusion and remember you are the only hourly person in the office so you are the one that can be left out, written up and badgered at will. And remember, no matter how someone treats you, whether another employee or a "guest", you must take the nonsense, and smile or you will be reprimanded. Also, there are no friends at Simon. Once you are gone, no one will call to see how you are. Every man for himself. A terrible way to work and live.Getting fired was a blessing in disguise. And there is no value for hard dedicated work - doesn't make a difference.
Pros
Close to home
Cons
Management Culture of exclusion for hourly employees, and when you are "let-go" your health benefits are terminated at midnight of the same day.
Extremely stressful.
Office Administrator (Former Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMAugust 3, 2018
I prefer not to give a review; however, in all my years of working, this was the worst job I have ever held. It was a very poor work environment. The last manager was in the job only for himself, gave no encouragement whatsoever and basically was a poor leader.
Good Place to work if you can take the stress
Operations Director and Shopping Center Manager (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MO; Alton, IL, Jensen Beach, FLJuly 30, 2018
Simon is a good place to work if you can take the stress and remain flexible. In my early years at Simon, before it became a NYSE stock company, things were more collaborative. By the time I retired from Simon, in July of 2017 things were mostly "top-down".
Lots of Work, but lots of FUN
Office Administrator I (Current Employee) –  Grand Prairie, TXJuly 25, 2018
A typical day, fact is there are no typical days in [FIELD]
retail shopping center management. That's what I love about working for Simon, each day brings on a different challenge and because we are in the PEOPLE business we get to ( or at least I do) interact with our customers and see our shopping from the inside out. I enjoy meeting with our lovely store managers and trouble shooting issues from trash to how to drive traffic. Working at Simon has been fun.
Pros
great deals all around
Cons
training
Long Hours Low Pay
Operations Director (Current Employee) –  Cypress, TXJuly 20, 2018
Simon has good benefits but is low in it's salary compensation at every position. Long hours are expected, working on days off and vacation from home.
Pros
Vacation
Cons
Low pay
Good company
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INJuly 19, 2018
Very nice place to work. The Simons cares about their employees and the community. There is lots of room for growth and promotions from within
I would highly recommend Simon Property Group
Pros
Just overall wonderful place to work
Cons
Honestly, i dont have any
You on your own
Part Time Guest Service (Former Employee) –  Livermore, CAJuly 18, 2018
The management team hardly come of of their office to help you when you really need help. But when thing go bad. we are get all the blame.
They take too serious about secret shopping without understand the situation.
Pros
Fun to meet and help a lot of customers
Cons
Not much support for a management team
I enjoy it
Guest Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Noblesville, INJuly 17, 2018
I come in, clock in, get my gift cards out, put them up, log into the computer, log into the point of sale, and log into system. I serve customers as they come in, answer the phone, and do what they ask of me.

I have learned how to manage my time more wisely and to stay on track. I have really had to work on how to talk on the phone and be able to think on my feet.

The hardest part is being nice all the time.

The most enjoyable part of the job, is the time to breathe. Between customers, most of the time anyway, I can do what I want within reason. I can read a book, write, or work on homework for school.
Pros
Awesome OA, let you take days off when necessary
Cons
They give you jobs that aren't technically yours to do, so then it creates more problems sometimes
Loved that company
Executive Assistant to Executive Vice President (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INJuly 16, 2018
Management team is excellent and leads the way for all to be successful. I retired in 2016 because I wanted to start my own business. Simon is very face paced.
Retail establishment
Operations Director (Former Employee) –  Hagerstown, MDJuly 3, 2018
Simon Property Group was the owner of the Premium Outlet. Ops Director position was the face of the Facility as I was onsite, out every day in the Facility.
Pros
Good working hours, Able to make positive changes, Opened other Outlet centers within in the United states and in other countries
Cons
Retail in general is a challange these days, with the internet shopping being so easy to use, I did all I could to keep the small "Mom and Pop" shops thriving in the challanging world of retail
LITIGATION PARALEGAL (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INJune 30, 2018
I worked at HQ as a Litigation Paralegal, and learned a lot. Paralegals work closely with their attorneys, and the team of paralegals are always willing to assist each other.
Pros
Many

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Simon Property Group. Our community is ready to answer.

See reviews about

Women's ratings

3.0Fairygodboss Score

0%say women are treated fairly and equally to men

0%would recommend to other women

Fairygodboss provides free job reviews for women, by women.

Powered by Fairygodboss