Simon Property Group Employee Reviews

Opportunity for Growth and Balance
AVP, Omnichannel Marketing (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INMarch 22, 2019
I will always have immense gratitude for everyone I have worked with and all of my experiences at Simon Property Group. Leadership there is very smart and fair. Cultural challenges seem to come from being a large company and having siloed departments.
Overall, my experience was optimal - opportunity for growth and learning, flexible working environment, and supportive of a family first mentality.
Pros
Flexibility, working from home, opportunities for growth
Cons
Large scale of the organization resulted in lack of shared purpose amongst business units.
Great Company
Operations Supervisor/Director (Current Employee) –  Petaluma, CAMarch 20, 2019
Simon Property Group is the gold star of companies. Working for Simon has helped define the Director I am today.
Great Company.
Great wage.
Great atmosphere
Not a good company.
Guest Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLMarch 12, 2019
Simon is all about making money as their first and only priority. Employees are overworked and underpaid for the amount of work and expectations that they are given.
Good pay, bad timing
Custodian/Janitor (Former Employee) –  Johnson Creek, WIMarch 9, 2019
It’s as easy as it gets when it comes to cleaning and making the facility look good for customers. But I’m not a fan of individuals telling me about how bad of a job I’m doing or my performance needs improvement. I know what I’m worth and how much I get done. The work speaks for itself, just get off that office chair and go look for yourself. Along with that, if you enjoy getting harped in about the smallest things, this is perfect place for you. Make sure you absolutely have no life because the hours are back and forth. Was told it’s basically first shift but there are days where you had to work until dark and go back right away the next morning. Would recommend this to an old person who is retired or a young student looking to pay off school or bills.
Pros
Pay
Cons
Everything else
Like generally
Payroll Specialist (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INMarch 3, 2019
I get really flexible schedule, but not sure that is the case in every dept. PTO could be better. Their IT could also be better, use Lotus Notes and that is not good
Stuck in the past
HR (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INFebruary 13, 2019
The culture at Simon needs an overhaul. They are stuck in the past and have no plans on changing. This will cause them to lose great employees very quickly.
The business side of Simon is struggling with the many, many brick and mortar stores closing and filing for bankruptcy and Simon doesn't seem to have a handle on how to manage those losses.
Management does not try to coach up their employees and there are no employee training programs to learn new skills.
Pros
Gym on site
low pay, low hours management dont care
Guest Services Representative (Former Employee) –  FloridaFebruary 6, 2019
promised hours when you start, then actual hours are much fewer, position is looked down on by management, and they have no control over bad staff members
Pros
time off
Cons
no breaks, low pay
This is not a review
Guest Services Representative (Former Employee) –  Tyler, TXJanuary 13, 2019
I do not wish to discuss anything about this job, everyone has different experiences and preferences for the jobs they apply for and are entitled to their own opinion
Corporate Driven Field Organization
General Manager (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INDecember 22, 2018
Tough place to work in the field when all decisions are ultimately made at the corporate level and simply given to the field. No autonomy to make decisions about the business any longer.
Meh
Account Manager (Former Employee) –  IndianaDecember 20, 2018
No room for advancement or growth. Management unappreciative no matter what an employee does. Raises are standard but pay is still well below market.
Total Joke!
Operations Director (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLDecember 5, 2018
You will only advance at this company if your Regional allows it. Assistants get told they can advance to get them to agree to be used by others. No one wants to share information or help you. Its a sink or swim type of job. No bonus program for assistants even though you support other who get a bonus. In some cases, you have directly done the jobs of others who get a bonus for your work.
Pros
Its a job.
Cons
Hostile work environment, use and abuse policy towards assistants, slim ball regionals that lie, cheat, and steal to get a bonus on someone else effort.
Great Place to Work
Guest Services Representative (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCNovember 8, 2018
Simon - South Park Mall is a great place to work. Management is awesome and very flexible. My supervisor is great!! Its face pace during the Holiday season, and slower paced during the rest of the year. Friendly staff and a great place to work.
Pretty bad culture
Contract - Business Analyst (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INOctober 26, 2018
Everything at Simon was strange. The building is falling apart in the IT areas, but the executive offices are almost gold plated, there are full sized classic cars in Dave Simon's "office" (read the whole floor), and the other floors are dirty and falling apart.

Culture is very strange as well. Nothing moves fast. NOTHING. Simple decisions take months to make. Writing a 1 page document takes months to get approved with 100s of rewrites.

They still use Lotus Notes 3.1 because Dave Simon runs a report once or twice a year that only works on 3.1, on a 486 PC (this was around Pentium 3 era) in his office. The whole company has to stay on that and never upgrade as a result.
Pros
Some really knowledgeable staff in IT. Some great people.
Cons
Really bad and strange culture.
Amiable work environment
Specialty Leasing Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  King of Prussia, PAOctober 25, 2018
There was nothing to atypical in reference to working for this company. Would recommend someone to apply for employment with Simon Property Group, as long as they don't mind working long hour work weeks.
Pros
Job Security
Cons
Long working hours demanded
The job is fun; the management is awful
Guest Services Representative (Former Employee) –  Lake Grove, NYOctober 24, 2018
The office of 15 people management did not interact with the customer service representatives. We are out on the sales floor as the face of the company but literally the managers would ignore us as they walked past our customer service booth. This is the procedure throughout Simon.
Pros
Interacting with the public
Cons
Low pay horrible management
Great Place to Launch Your Career
LEASE ACCOUNTANT (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INOctober 15, 2018
This is a great place to launch your career & build your resume. There are other companies that are willing to pay more & give better benefits -- work from home, pay, etc. Most companies appreciate seeing SPG on your resume though & you learn valuable skills for the real estate industry.
Awesome place to work where I learned a considerate amount about Networking and Computers.
Information Systems Operations Analyst (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INOctober 12, 2018
Started here as an intern doing desktop support where I didn't know much about computers. As an intern for two years, I learned a lot about computers, how they work, and how to fix them anywhere from hardware to software. After two years and graduating college, I was promoted to an IS Operations Analyst where I work with maintaining over 175 Cisco and Meraki properties.
Was fun to work at one time
Management staff (Former Employee) –  Chandler, AZOctober 7, 2018
I worked at Phoenix Premium Outlet Mall full time, terrible, terrible management. I was allowed to see all sides of this company, there is no opportunity to grow especially to minorities, theres also a lot of micromanagement, they want you to work for them not for the company, on any typical day, staff had drama, salary employees would come as they pleased, not to mention that some of them would show up for a few hours and left . There wasnt an even and consistent time for the entire management office which was poorly managed, and the work environment is TOXIC. Overall working with
Simon provides jobs without growth and very poorly managed internally.
Pros
Benefits, short drive from home
Cons
No loyalty to employees
productive and interesting environment
customer service rep.-Security Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNSeptember 21, 2018
i love everything about this job, it started off in house and finally contracted out i was promoted from csr to security supervisor after 6months there was always room for advancement and growth
Pros
oportunities
Cons
decided to do away with the security dept due to to high of management requuest
Don't Work Here
Guest Services Manager (Former Employee) –  Arlington, VASeptember 18, 2018
The guest services manager position is the worst job that you can get at the mall I worked for. It was a retail position masked as an outside B2B sales position. You never know if you are going to get your weekend off because someone always calls out. The general manager expects you to cover the shift even if it means you have to work throughout all the business hours 7 days a week straight. I worked overtime almost every week. This place does not respect work/life balance. You will get burned out. The most enjoyable part of the job were the customers but everything else such as management, workplace culture, and a typical day at work is so toxic that you could easily get stressed out. If you decide to apply and get the job my advice is to document everything that goes on during the day including recording messages on your phone for your job security. Try to transfer to another Simon Mall as soon as you can.
Pros
Simon is a prestigious name to have on a resume
Cons
Extremely toxic environment

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Simon Property Group. Our community is ready to answer.

Women's ratings

3.0Fairygodboss Score

0%say women are treated fairly and equally to men

0%would recommend to other women

Fairygodboss provides free job reviews for women, by women.

Powered by Fairygodboss