Simon Property Group Employee Reviews

80/20 goals, no change for sake of change
IS ANALYST (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, indianaApril 16, 2018
Only adapts newer tech if needed. If it aint broke, dont fix it.

80% of the goal can be reached with 20% of the effort, good enough. anything important will surface later or be baby-step implemented if time allows.

very silo'd...you can work for years and not know many people or what is going on outside your area.

great flex hours

parking provided

adapt to their culture or you will get flushed, but as long as you show signs of adapting to 'the simon way' you'll likely be around unless budget cuts are needed.
Pros
flex time, onsite workout facility, paid parking
Cons
very mediocre raises and little chance to move around or advance
mall security
Public Safety Officer (Former Employee) –  Port Richey, FLApril 15, 2018
i did foot patrol of all areas and all hall ways and also did detex at check point throught out the inside of the mall and also did outside patrol cheks of all parking lots and parking structures .
Demeaning attitude towards eemployees
Customer Service Manager/Merchant Liaison (Former Employee) –  Orange Park, FLApril 12, 2018
The company had no real positive aspects for it's entry level employees. They offered no reason to incent it's employees to work harder and try to advance.
Pros
Cons
Ruthless slavelike management.
Local property makes or breaks it. Corporate needs to connect more.
Marketing Administrator (Current Employee) –  Unknown, AnonymousApril 2, 2018
Simon Property Group will toughen you up in ways you couldn't imagine, so for that I'm grateful. However, nepotism is everywhere and although the local property determines your everyday (completely depends on the mall manager and this changes the dynamic of the office completely; luckily, mine was good), corporate will trickle down and that's where most of the toxicity lies. For anyone under the age of 35, if you're looking for creativity, you won't find it here. However, if you wish for stability and managerial growth, give it a shot. Corporate also makes decisions for the local level that aren't always applicable for the property itself so there is a disconnect. Also, if you're a POC.. your experience may be different. I won't go into it more than that.
Easy job, but low pay
Guest Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Nashua, NHMarch 28, 2018
I worked for Simon as a Guest Service Representative for 2 years at one mall, then the position was pretty much dissolved overnight, the customer service booth was taken down, and I was jobless without warning. I was pretty upset with the company. When I was asked to return seasonally at another Simon mall I hesitantly accepted the position (just to make some extra cash around the holidays). It’s an easy job, slow paced environment except at Christmastime then the workload increases as it does with any retail job. The pay is minimum wage with very little room for advancement so most people only work as a GSR as a second job to make extra cash, it’s not a career you can live off of unfortunately.
Pros
Short shifts, relaxed atmosphere, meet people
Cons
Rarely get breaks, no room for advancement, minimum wage
Great People
Office Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKMarch 19, 2018
The people I have had the privilege of working with at Simon Property Group have been nothing short of outstanding.
The work, even though I have taken on extra outside my own specific duties, is tedious but not challenging.
I would recommend this position to someone comfortable in their own day to day duties.
Pros
Happy Environment.
Cons
Lack of challenges and performances raises.
Well established company, great benefits
Assistant Property Manager (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILMarch 4, 2018
Retail-focused management firm of higher-end assets; owner-managed assets. Great benefits, solid expectations of employees. Would seek employment with firm again if more focused on office portfolio.
Business environmenet only.
AREA OPERATIONS DIRECTOR (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAFebruary 27, 2018
All business all day. Tenants call, meeting, and lots problem solving. Always looking for ways to improve bottom line. Dynamic place to work with no day alike.
Pros
You will learn a lot
Cons
All business all the time.
Productive and fun environment to work in.
Guest Services Representative (Former Employee) –  Cabazon, CAFebruary 25, 2018
Always busy with shoppers asking questions, tour groups checking in. On my feet, everyday was something new to learn or promote. Overall a good place to work in.
Administrative Assistant
Administrative Assistant III (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAFebruary 21, 2018
Working at Simon Property Group was a good experience; Administrative Assistant at a receptionist desk, Customer Service Trainer. Learned about mall management.

Want to know more about Simon Property Group?

Ask a question
Good place to work.
Marketing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Kennesaw, GAFebruary 20, 2018
Very competitive, but they do hire from within. Benefits were excellent. We had weekly meetings which were great and kept everyone on the same page. Management was not afraid to also do hard work. I learned a lot with Simon Property including event set up, and administrative functions. I worked there until May of 2014.
Wonderful place to work
General Manager (Current Employee) –  Garland, TXJanuary 27, 2018
SPG is a wonderful place to work. They treat their employees great and the benefits are spectacular. The only reason I'm looking to relocate is my spouse is unhappy and our home is on the East Coast.
Enjoyable
Director, Marketing & Business Development (Former Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLJanuary 23, 2018
Good corporate management team. Fun place to work. Collaborative team environment. Workplace culture is family oriented with good employee benefits package.
Great job to get experience within the business field
Representative- Guest Services (Former Employee) –  Salem, NHJanuary 20, 2018
Working for a mall corporate company as a representative will help you get the experience you are looking for regarding being either a secretary an assistant or in office relation. It is a quick - paced environment where you need to keep up to the pace and busy and all times engaging and helping people find satisfactory needs.
Work Environment
Manager (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INJanuary 19, 2018
The culture and environment at Simon is fast paced, competitive, and stressful with very little work/life balance. Time Off benefits are not competitive.
Good real estate experience
Paralegal/Legal Assistant (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INJanuary 19, 2018
Competitive atmosphere, real estate experience, leasing, marketing, demanding, aggressive business and office atmosphere, good first job learning experience, average employee lasts about 2 years
Job with Industry leader
Managing Attorney (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INJanuary 15, 2018
A typical day in the life of a Simon employee is to be able to juggle multiple tasks, keep up with the fast paced environment and demands from management. There is a cohesive team environment which helps with meeting the job demands.
Pros
Competive health care, free gym access and parking
Cons
Low work-life balance
Very stressful environment
General Manager (Former Employee) –  Ashwaubenon, WIJanuary 10, 2018
The corporate culture was very challenging. As a team, we achieved many great things. It was enjoyable to work with the team along with community leaders.
Great Company
Security Director (Current Employee) –  Grand Prairie, TXJanuary 10, 2018
Simon Property Group is one of the best companies I have worked for. They have no lack of cooperation between coporate and the needs of their employees.
Good Place
GSR Representative (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAJanuary 2, 2018
It is a good place to work. You meet a lot of people from different Countries. It is nice to be helpful. The hardest part of the job are the upset customers you may encounter in a day. But I always do my best to have a great day at work.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Simon Property Group. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

InHerSight Score
2.3

2.1Personal Development

2.8Career Opportunities

2.2Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight