Simon Property Group Employee Reviews

Extremely stressful.
Office Administrator (Former Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMAugust 3, 2018
I prefer not to give a review; however, in all my years of working, this was the worst job I have ever held. It was a very poor work environment. The last manager was in the job only for himself, gave no encouragement whatsoever and basically was a poor leader.
Good Place to work if you can take the stress
Operations Director and Shopping Center Manager (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MO; Alton, IL, Jensen Beach, FLJuly 30, 2018
Simon is a good place to work if you can take the stress and remain flexible. In my early years at Simon, before it became a NYSE stock company, things were more collaborative. By the time I retired from Simon, in July of 2017 things were mostly "top-down".
Lots of Work, but lots of FUN
Office Administrator I (Current Employee) –  Grand Prairie, TXJuly 25, 2018
A typical day, fact is there are no typical days in [FIELD]
retail shopping center management. That's what I love about working for Simon, each day brings on a different challenge and because we are in the PEOPLE business we get to ( or at least I do) interact with our customers and see our shopping from the inside out. I enjoy meeting with our lovely store managers and trouble shooting issues from trash to how to drive traffic. Working at Simon has been fun.
Pros
great deals all around
Cons
training
Long Hours Low Pay
Operations Director (Current Employee) –  Cypress, TXJuly 20, 2018
Simon has good benefits but is low in it's salary compensation at every position. Long hours are expected, working on days off and vacation from home.
Pros
Vacation
Cons
Low pay
Good company
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INJuly 19, 2018
Very nice place to work. The Simons cares about their employees and the community. There is lots of room for growth and promotions from within
I would highly recommend Simon Property Group
Pros
Just overall wonderful place to work
Cons
Honestly, i dont have any
You on your own
Part Time Guest Service (Former Employee) –  Livermore, CAJuly 18, 2018
The management team hardly come of of their office to help you when you really need help. But when thing go bad. we are get all the blame.
They take too serious about secret shopping without understand the situation.
Pros
Fun to meet and help a lot of customers
Cons
Not much support for a management team
I enjoy it
Guest Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Noblesville, INJuly 17, 2018
I come in, clock in, get my gift cards out, put them up, log into the computer, log into the point of sale, and log into system. I serve customers as they come in, answer the phone, and do what they ask of me.

I have learned how to manage my time more wisely and to stay on track. I have really had to work on how to talk on the phone and be able to think on my feet.

The hardest part is being nice all the time.

The most enjoyable part of the job, is the time to breathe. Between customers, most of the time anyway, I can do what I want within reason. I can read a book, write, or work on homework for school.
Pros
Awesome OA, let you take days off when necessary
Cons
They give you jobs that aren't technically yours to do, so then it creates more problems sometimes
Loved that company
Executive Assistant to Executive Vice President (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INJuly 16, 2018
Management team is excellent and leads the way for all to be successful. I retired in 2016 because I wanted to start my own business. Simon is very face paced.
Retail establishment
Operations Director (Former Employee) –  Hagerstown, MDJuly 3, 2018
Simon Property Group was the owner of the Premium Outlet. Ops Director position was the face of the Facility as I was onsite, out every day in the Facility.
Pros
Good working hours, Able to make positive changes, Opened other Outlet centers within in the United states and in other countries
Cons
Retail in general is a challange these days, with the internet shopping being so easy to use, I did all I could to keep the small "Mom and Pop" shops thriving in the challanging world of retail
LITIGATION PARALEGAL (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INJune 30, 2018
I worked at HQ as a Litigation Paralegal, and learned a lot. Paralegals work closely with their attorneys, and the team of paralegals are always willing to assist each other.
Pros
Many
Cash Specialist (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INJune 24, 2018
Great place to work. The work kept me busy and challenging throughout the day. Great building and location. Was not really fond of the parking being offsite.
Just ok.
Local Leasing Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Tempe, AZJune 11, 2018
Simon Property Group is just an ok company. They dont really show any appreciation to their underpaid overworked employees and honestly felt like I was just a seat warmer who could be replaced for someone they could bring in and pay less.
Worst Job Ever
Operations Director (Former Employee) –  Round Rock, TXMay 30, 2018
This was literally the worst company i ever worked for. The work culture was hostile and you never received help from upper management or Human Resources.
80/20 goals, no change for sake of change
IS ANALYST (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, indianaApril 16, 2018
Only adapts newer tech if needed. If it aint broke, dont fix it.

80% of the goal can be reached with 20% of the effort, good enough. anything important will surface later or be baby-step implemented if time allows.

very silo'd...you can work for years and not know many people or what is going on outside your area.

great flex hours

parking provided

adapt to their culture or you will get flushed, but as long as you show signs of adapting to 'the simon way' you'll likely be around unless budget cuts are needed.
Pros
flex time, onsite workout facility, paid parking
Cons
very mediocre raises and little chance to move around or advance
mall security
Public Safety Officer (Former Employee) –  Port Richey, FLApril 15, 2018
i did foot patrol of all areas and all hall ways and also did detex at check point throught out the inside of the mall and also did outside patrol cheks of all parking lots and parking structures .
Demeaning attitude towards eemployees
Customer Service Manager/Merchant Liaison (Former Employee) –  Orange Park, FLApril 12, 2018
The company had no real positive aspects for it's entry level employees. They offered no reason to incent it's employees to work harder and try to advance.
Pros
Cons
Ruthless slavelike management.
Local property makes or breaks it. Corporate needs to connect more.
Marketing Administrator (Current Employee) –  Unknown, AnonymousApril 2, 2018
Simon Property Group will toughen you up in ways you couldn't imagine, so for that I'm grateful. However, nepotism is everywhere and although the local property determines your everyday (completely depends on the mall manager and this changes the dynamic of the office completely; luckily, mine was good), corporate will trickle down and that's where most of the toxicity lies. For anyone under the age of 35, if you're looking for creativity, you won't find it here. However, if you wish for stability and managerial growth, give it a shot. Corporate also makes decisions for the local level that aren't always applicable for the property itself so there is a disconnect. Also, if you're a POC.. your experience may be different. I won't go into it more than that.
Easy job, but low pay
Guest Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Nashua, NHMarch 28, 2018
I worked for Simon as a Guest Service Representative for 2 years at one mall, then the position was pretty much dissolved overnight, the customer service booth was taken down, and I was jobless without warning. I was pretty upset with the company. When I was asked to return seasonally at another Simon mall I hesitantly accepted the position (just to make some extra cash around the holidays). It’s an easy job, slow paced environment except at Christmastime then the workload increases as it does with any retail job. The pay is minimum wage with very little room for advancement so most people only work as a GSR as a second job to make extra cash, it’s not a career you can live off of unfortunately.
Pros
Short shifts, relaxed atmosphere, meet people
Cons
Rarely get breaks, no room for advancement, minimum wage
Great People
Office Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKMarch 19, 2018
The people I have had the privilege of working with at Simon Property Group have been nothing short of outstanding.
The work, even though I have taken on extra outside my own specific duties, is tedious but not challenging.
I would recommend this position to someone comfortable in their own day to day duties.
Pros
Happy Environment.
Cons
Lack of challenges and performances raises.
Well established company, great benefits
Assistant Property Manager (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILMarch 4, 2018
Retail-focused management firm of higher-end assets; owner-managed assets. Great benefits, solid expectations of employees. Would seek employment with firm again if more focused on office portfolio.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Simon Property Group. Our community is ready to answer.

Women's ratings

3.0Fairygodboss Score

0%say women are treated fairly and equally to men

0%would recommend to other women

Fairygodboss provides free job reviews for women, by women.

Powered by Fairygodboss