Simon Property Group Management reviews

Simon
Sr. Legal Collections Paralegal (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INApril 1, 2019
I enjoyed the work I did in this position. However, the company overall was terrible to work for. There is a lot of turnover due to how badly they treat their employees. It is all about the money with this company and they don't care about you or your family life. The worst place ever to work. I could not take time off to attend sporting or school events with my children. You are not allowed to speak with your co-workers for any reason. It is all WORK WORK WORK, to bring in money for the CEO's pocket. Selfish and greedy company.
Not a good company.
Guest Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLMarch 12, 2019
Simon is all about making money as their first and only priority. Employees are overworked and underpaid for the amount of work and expectations that they are given.
Stuck in the past
HR (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INFebruary 13, 2019
The culture at Simon needs an overhaul. They are stuck in the past and have no plans on changing. This will cause them to lose great employees very quickly.
The business side of Simon is struggling with the many, many brick and mortar stores closing and filing for bankruptcy and Simon doesn't seem to have a handle on how to manage those losses.
Management does not try to coach up their employees and there are no employee training programs to learn new skills.
Pros
Gym on site
low pay, low hours management dont care
Guest Services Representative (Former Employee) –  FloridaFebruary 6, 2019
promised hours when you start, then actual hours are much fewer, position is looked down on by management, and they have no control over bad staff members
Pros
time off
Cons
no breaks, low pay
Total Joke!
Operations Director (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLDecember 5, 2018
You will only advance at this company if your Regional allows it. Assistants get told they can advance to get them to agree to be used by others. No one wants to share information or help you. Its a sink or swim type of job. No bonus program for assistants even though you support other who get a bonus. In some cases, you have directly done the jobs of others who get a bonus for your work.
Pros
Its a job.
Cons
Hostile work environment, use and abuse policy towards assistants, slim ball regionals that lie, cheat, and steal to get a bonus on someone else effort.
Great Place to Work
Guest Services Representative (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCNovember 8, 2018
Simon - South Park Mall is a great place to work. Management is awesome and very flexible. My supervisor is great!! Its face pace during the Holiday season, and slower paced during the rest of the year. Friendly staff and a great place to work.
Pretty bad culture
Contract - Business Analyst (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INOctober 26, 2018
Everything at Simon was strange. The building is falling apart in the IT areas, but the executive offices are almost gold plated, there are full sized classic cars in Dave Simon's "office" (read the whole floor), and the other floors are dirty and falling apart.

Culture is very strange as well. Nothing moves fast. NOTHING. Simple decisions take months to make. Writing a 1 page document takes months to get approved with 100s of rewrites.

They still use Lotus Notes 3.1 because Dave Simon runs a report once or twice a year that only works on 3.1, on a 486 PC (this was around Pentium 3 era) in his office. The whole company has to stay on that and never upgrade as a result.
Pros
Some really knowledgeable staff in IT. Some great people.
Cons
Really bad and strange culture.
The job is fun; the management is awful
Guest Services Representative (Former Employee) –  Lake Grove, NYOctober 24, 2018
The office of 15 people management did not interact with the customer service representatives. We are out on the sales floor as the face of the company but literally the managers would ignore us as they walked past our customer service booth. This is the procedure throughout Simon.
Pros
Interacting with the public
Cons
Low pay horrible management
Was fun to work at one time
Management staff (Former Employee) –  Chandler, AZOctober 7, 2018
I worked at Phoenix Premium Outlet Mall full time, terrible, terrible management. I was allowed to see all sides of this company, there is no opportunity to grow especially to minorities, theres also a lot of micromanagement, they want you to work for them not for the company, on any typical day, staff had drama, salary employees would come as they pleased, not to mention that some of them would show up for a few hours and left . There wasnt an even and consistent time for the entire management office which was poorly managed, and the work environment is TOXIC. Overall working with
Simon provides jobs without growth and very poorly managed internally.
Pros
Benefits, short drive from home
Cons
No loyalty to employees
productive and interesting environment
customer service rep.-Security Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNSeptember 21, 2018
i love everything about this job, it started off in house and finally contracted out i was promoted from csr to security supervisor after 6months there was always room for advancement and growth
Pros
oportunities
Cons
decided to do away with the security dept due to to high of management requuest
Don't Work Here
Guest Services Manager (Former Employee) –  Arlington, VASeptember 18, 2018
The guest services manager position is the worst job that you can get at the mall I worked for. It was a retail position masked as an outside B2B sales position. You never know if you are going to get your weekend off because someone always calls out. The general manager expects you to cover the shift even if it means you have to work throughout all the business hours 7 days a week straight. I worked overtime almost every week. This place does not respect work/life balance. You will get burned out. The most enjoyable part of the job were the customers but everything else such as management, workplace culture, and a typical day at work is so toxic that you could easily get stressed out. If you decide to apply and get the job my advice is to document everything that goes on during the day including recording messages on your phone for your job security. Try to transfer to another Simon Mall as soon as you can.
Pros
Simon is a prestigious name to have on a resume
Cons
Extremely toxic environment
Nice work environment
Sr. Utility Billing Analyst (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INSeptember 10, 2018
Simon limits who they want to advance and minorities are not high on their list. They keep minorities locked in positions that keep them out of management.
Pros
On site gym and Starbucks. Company funded events.
Cons
Racist
Chaotic culture
Senior Lease Analyst (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INAugust 22, 2018
I've not been there for several years so hopefully things have changed. At the time there was extreme employee turnover, chronically behind on work and really poor morale of coworkers.
Pros
Benefit Package
Cons
Corporate Culture
Worst VP I have ever worked for
Assistant Property Manager (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXAugust 22, 2018
No proper training. The accounting department run the operations with a different system. This was the worst experience I have had working for a management company. PTO was not given on time vacation kicks in after 180 days but says other wise on the offer letter. Very dishonest people.
Pros
Cons
everything
Relaxed Job
Guest Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Jersey City, NJAugust 21, 2018
Great customer service skills
great management
good pay
the most enjoyable part is getting to interact with people throughout the day
a typical day is pretty relaxed but can feel pretty slow
Great Place to work!
Technical Consultant PC Support II (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INAugust 18, 2018
Management is outstanding and the working environment is wonderful. Team building and communication is what this company is about. They take care of their employees.
Be prepared for major, major multi-tasking and no recognition
Office Administrator (Former Employee) –  Chandler, ArizonaAugust 16, 2018
Loved my job, hated the nonsense which eventually caused our separation. Multi tasking is required and fine unless you are pulled so thin that you can't complete required items. You make the management team succeed, while you are left on the sidelines. It is a pattern of exclusion and remember you are the only hourly person in the office so you are the one that can be left out, written up and badgered at will. And remember, no matter how someone treats you, whether another employee or a "guest", you must take the nonsense, and smile or you will be reprimanded. Also, there are no friends at Simon. Once you are gone, no one will call to see how you are. Every man for himself. A terrible way to work and live.Getting fired was a blessing in disguise. And there is no value for hard dedicated work - doesn't make a difference.
Pros
Close to home
Cons
Management Culture of exclusion for hourly employees, and when you are "let-go" your health benefits are terminated at midnight of the same day.
Extremely stressful.
Office Administrator (Former Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMAugust 3, 2018
I prefer not to give a review; however, in all my years of working, this was the worst job I have ever held. It was a very poor work environment. The last manager was in the job only for himself, gave no encouragement whatsoever and basically was a poor leader.
Lots of Work, but lots of FUN
Office Administrator I (Current Employee) –  Grand Prairie, TXJuly 25, 2018
A typical day, fact is there are no typical days in [FIELD]
retail shopping center management. That's what I love about working for Simon, each day brings on a different challenge and because we are in the PEOPLE business we get to ( or at least I do) interact with our customers and see our shopping from the inside out. I enjoy meeting with our lovely store managers and trouble shooting issues from trash to how to drive traffic. Working at Simon has been fun.
Pros
great deals all around
Cons
training
You on your own
Part Time Guest Service (Former Employee) –  Livermore, CAJuly 18, 2018
The management team hardly come of of their office to help you when you really need help. But when thing go bad. we are get all the blame.
They take too serious about secret shopping without understand the situation.
Pros
Fun to meet and help a lot of customers
Cons
Not much support for a management team

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Simon Property Group. Our community is ready to answer.

Women's ratings

3.0Fairygodboss Score

0%say women are treated fairly and equally to men

0%would recommend to other women

Fairygodboss provides free job reviews for women, by women.

Powered by Fairygodboss