SimonMed Imaging Employee Reviews

Professional work place
Receptionist (Current Employee) –  San Francisco, CAFebruary 19, 2019
its a great place to gain communication skills and learn how the health care system works. Its extremly productive, and will teach you how to deal with high stress situations
Pros
good pay
Cons
its difficult to move up in the comapny
Job Security Is Non Resistant
Call Center Representative (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLFebruary 11, 2019
This company is by far the worse I have ever worked for when it comes to caring for their employees. There are no raises no matter how long a person has worked for the facility, no other compensation at all. Employees get paid the least amount possible with no hope for job advancement and even if your were to advance you have to fight to get any kind of raise. Working for this company showed me how much a company will truly chew you up and throw you away like a worthless piece of trash. Even the health benefits are terrible and we work at a medical facility.
Pros
PTO and Sick Time
Cons
Everything else
It was a good job until people were placed in the wrong management.
Front Desk (Former Employee) –  Sun Lakes, AZFebruary 8, 2019
I had a great time working at SimonMed i loved helping people and doing my job right in every way. I also loved learning something new everyday from meeting patients or learning something new within the system or company. I worked at SimonMed for about 8 months and within that time period I noticed drastic change with management and how us as "Front Desk" were being treated by higher authorities. I felt it was becoming an unhealthy environment to work in and I removed myself from the work field.
Pros
Great Benefits, Okay Pay, Meeting New People
Cons
No pay raises unless you move up. No bonuses. Lack of care for employees.
Great place to get experience and build patience, not to focus on having a career.
Radiologic Technologist (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLFebruary 8, 2019
SimonMed imaging is an excellent, fast paced work environment to get the experience required to move forward in the radiology field. The company however lacks communication, decent management, fair treatment of employees, benefits, equal distribution of work & good business practices. Often the company management on the lower level make up policies on the fly as well as snap choices literally at the last second. The company however is not all doom and gloom. They do not believe in giving raises or fair employee evaluations. These issues listed above makes the company the perfect place to get the experience required to work in the radiology field as well as build patience and tolerance for incompetent management, unjust business practices, lack of communication and lack of support. You will not advance in the radiology field if you stay with this company, however you will get the experience required to move on from the company.
Pros
Giving days off in advance if asked in good time
Cons
short breaks, high work load, lack of uniformity, communication, management, advancement
Horrible, shady, disorganized, greedy, immoral
N/A (Former Employee) –  Mesa, AZJanuary 26, 2019
Terrible management, high turnover rate in every department including corporate, nobody is on the same page, extremely disorganized. Company buys out other imaging companies in a monopoly but then lays off employees due to the new centers not being busy. Management and HR last 6 months and either quit or get fired. The company has no morals and is extremely shady. They double and triple book the schedules and make patients wait an hour or more for their exams causing the front office to get very hostile. Company only cares about numbers. They have the front desk collect patients deductibles for exams, often being $100 or more and it turns out the patient wasn’t actually supposed to pay anything then has to fight over a year for a refund. Techs get overworked and are told to go faster but the schedule continuously gets double and triple booked, but OT is not allowed or you will be written up. Horrible company! Company is ran by a man who has no idea how to run a business.
Pros
Pay
Cons
Everything! Terrible company! Nobody should work here or come here as a patient.
Needs better mgmt
Labeler (Former Employee) –  Glendale, AZJanuary 17, 2019
People are very keen to do what they want there. I respect that they don't allow family members to work together but they allow friends to be managers and lovers to be leads.
Don't waste your time.
Radiologic Technologist (Former Employee) –  FloridaJanuary 15, 2019
When I tell people that I worked here, I'm met with winces and apologies. I was warned by numerous people in the field to not work for them, but decided to give it a chance, tempted by the pay.

They're all about numbers. Cattle herding patients in numbers higher than the techs can handle, long wait times (up to 2-3 hours) for the patients as a result, and guess who they'll be yelling at. They also will prioritize patients by connections rather than medical urgency.
Doctors that work here are not the nicest and play hot potato with STAT images, as they don't want to be bothered with it, meanwhile you have angry patients waiting to be told if they can go home. There is a particular doctor who is infamous for being verbally abusive and difficult to work with, but will not be apprehended because he has the numbers this company cares oh so much for. You won't have an easy time here unless you're good friends with the right people. Even so, if you actually care about patients, this isn't the place for you.

Simonmed is a machine that cares about being the best in the imaging field (which they have the worst reputation, btw). You are nothing but a piece on the assembly line.
Pros
pay
Cons
everything else
Poor Upper management
Site Manager (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJanuary 8, 2019
Very stressful place to work at, does not value their employees, poor upper management , do not pay employees for overtime, you are asked to stay late if needed then shed hours when possible, focus mostly on volume and less on customer service, does not offer pay raises, stopped giving bonuses, no holiday parties, no employee appreciation, currently did a mass lay off, punishes employees for their mistakes by moving them to a location that is inconvenient for them, expect staff to work multi modalities, techs working as a receptionist, etc.
Pros
High starting pay
Cons
see my review
The wiorst płace to work , Laid off all its employees because of a stupid reason of not making prophet
Ultrasound Technologist (Former Employee) –  CaliforniaJanuary 8, 2019
The worst place to work with in my life. They hired me after looking so bad for employees and I’m a experienced tech lost my other job cuz of this job and soon after 3 months they laid off all the employees for modalities which was slow at first place their poor management why hires people when they are not doing good. Never work for this company , n never take risk of being laid off.
Pros
Good coworkers
Cons
Worst company that doesn’t have job security.
Something new everyday
Technologist Assistant (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJanuary 7, 2019
I really do love the company, but it is a mess and it needs to be organized, I think the company should participate more in the community, we did not even do anything for breast cancer awareness month and its weird because we are people who tell patients you have breast cancer. What is that?
Poor managment / stressful
Front Desk Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Oviedo, FLDecember 18, 2018
Simonmed could be a fun work place if your working with the right crew! Been with the company little over than a year , and ever since upper management has changed EVERYTHING has changed! on top of working front desk, answering phone calls verifying worksheets, double checking orders/auth, dealing with anger patients because our SCHEDULERS cant do there own job the correct way , not only do we have to fix their mistakes but deal with the patients as well .WHERE IS THE RAISE ?!? And do you think management cares on how patients treat us NOPE!. I LOVE THE PEOPLE I WORK AND THATS ABOUT IT! All management does it point fingers at the wrong things instead of worrying about the important things , its not always about NUMBERS OR REVIEWS, if they care so much about reviews they should read these and care about the important thing.. theiremployees without us they would have no numbers !
Pros
Love my team
Cons
pay, Upper management, Schedulers
Fast-paced
Front Desk Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Ocoee, FLDecember 18, 2018
The pay is ok but the stress is not worth it. People getting fired every other day. No job stability. Waiting times are ridiculous (1-2 hours for each patient even with an appointment)
Pros
Pay is ok
Cons
Management, no overtime allowed
Poor Management
Scheduler (Current Employee) –  Ocoee, FLDecember 12, 2018
Very competitive. Poor communication between supervisors and workers. Supervisors would disappear at times. The only good thing there were the people you would sit next to. They were fun and they would make you smile every single day.
stressful place to work
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZDecember 11, 2018
I learned a lot, but communication could have been better. Employee moral is low and turnover is high. There are no training processes in place for new hires.
Incompetent Management
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  FloridaDecember 7, 2018
SimonMed has grown so quickly over the last 10 years that they continually had to promote from within to keep up. The result? Managers in positions lacking the knowledge to be there. Then when someone is hired under them with more knowledge, they fire them to protect themselves. I was only there a year and truly only met maybe 3 people who deserved the management position they were in. Communication and collaboration between departments is non-existent because everyone is doing their best to protect their job. They can’t collaborate because they have zero knowledge and it would become evident. Therefore, so many mistakes are made and so many things fall through the cracks because everyone is afraid of taking accountability.
Pros
Free imaging
Cons
Health insurance is awful, if you have knowledge you will be let go
It's all about the $$$
Site Lead (Current Employee) –  Florida State, FLDecember 2, 2018
Middle management continually ignores pleas from employees that they need more training or that equipment keeps shutting down or not working properly. We are told to pack the schedules as heavily as we can and if there's not enough people to do the exams, we are told to re-schedule. It's all about $$$ -
Pros
Cons
Insurance is inadequate, no perks to the job
Hectic and exhausting.
Front Desk Receptionist/Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  FloridaNovember 13, 2018
working here is mentally, emotionally, and physically draining. In regards to patients, upper management only cares about money and numbers! They have no consideration for the patients themselves or even their own staff. Also, be ready to be cussed out and or yelled at constantly by customers. Certain sites are worse than others however, the hectic atmosphere never changes. Be ready to work your butt off and if you stay for many years don’t expect a raise, they don’t give those. Site management at every site is amazing however, upper management tends to run them ragged and treats them in an unjust manner. Overall, my coworkers, managers, and technicians are like family regardless of the site. However, the job itself, the pay, getting constantly yelled at or cursed at, having to multitask to the extreme, and seeing everyone you care about being run into the ground isn’t worth it.
Pros
Potlucks
Cons
Overworked, no raises, all about numbers not patients
Just Don't
MRI Technologist (Former Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZNovember 12, 2018
This place is an embarrassment. If you enjoy being yelled at by narcissistic Radiologists while being overworked daily and dealing with incompetent people they just pull off the street to call office managers, then this is the place for you.
Pros
pay
Cons
doctors, office staff, schedulers, them not paying the bills on their service contracts
Well.
Front Desk Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Mesa, AZSeptember 25, 2018
I got a job at SimonMed cause I was sick of my old job. But I guess the grass isn’t always greener in the other side. Management was terrible. I could never get the days off I needed. No one cares about the employees
Pros
Non
Cons
A lot
Stressful and very demanding of time
Front Office Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Prescott Valley, AZSeptember 13, 2018
Every day is different and some days are more stressful than others. The processes are the same though. Call patients to schedule or confirm appointments, check in patients that are there for their exams, take payments if necessary and complete medical record requests. Some patients come in for billing inquiries and some come in with just questions. We are constantly understaffed. It all adds up and makes the day long and stressful. It can be a good place to work, but just expect high demand with sometimes low payout.
Pros
One of the previous managers was great but they left when it got to be too much
Cons
The job demands a lot of your time and most days employees go home late

Ask a question about working or interviewing at SimonMed Imaging. Our community is ready to answer.

2.6