SimpliSafe Employee Reviews

Management/unsafe environment
Representative (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAApril 15, 2019
Im really nice very goofy n do not like problems . There was an incident that had happened with a female and I and the situations expanded. Constantly been threatened by the females friends and spoke to management about it every time and I ended up getting fired .. asked for all my incident reports and they sent me a message saying they can’t send it to me until they talk to higher up .. but before I left he told me he was going to send it to me !! Told them I felt unsafe told them I’m scared n they told me to ignore it but me ignoring it cost me my job! They sat me right next to someone that I felt unsafe around ... the day they fired me was the day they changed seats !
SimpliSafe
Customer Loyalty Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Boston, MAMarch 31, 2019
SimpliSafe is a great company to work for, but as all companies do, it has its pros and cons. SimpliSafe does it's best to create a relaxed and enjoyable work environment, but I do believe that their hiring process is too lenient. SimpliSafe promotes within, which is awesome. I believe that the hardest part of the job would be that the schedule is not consistent, it changes either every 2 weeks or every month. This allows us to make appointments and such when we have weekdays off, but a consistent schedule would be more ideal in my case. The most enjoyable part of the job would be most of the people who work here. Most people at SimpliSafe are very easy-going and friendly, which creates a great dynamic in the office, but at times I do still disagree with some of the people who have been chosen to work here in the past.
Great lunch benefits
Fulfillment Associate (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAMarch 29, 2019
There was no room for growth and less time spent on production. No advancement options just long days and the warehouse had poor insulation so working in the summer was really tough.
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Growth options were limited high temp employee turnover
Call Center Representative (Current Employee) –  tech supportMarch 22, 2019
its a great pl ace to work and start a career.
I think the tech its the best department. you help people with their alarm systems.

Its a simple and straight forward job as long as you pay attention
Pros
you can pick up OT if its available and make 22.50
Cons
to many sudden changes
Not bad at all
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Boston, MAFebruary 17, 2019
Im currently employed their I've been at SimpliSafe almost 4 months now and I can't really complain. The only thing that is wrong with the job is the pay rate you can't really live off the pay and would have to get another job to at least pay the 2400 a month rent here in the city.
Pros
Co workers, friendly people
Cons
Pay rate
Unprofessional and chaotic workplace
Team Lead (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAFebruary 14, 2019
The place is sort of a meat grinder. They appeared to being firing people at a greater rate than they were able to fill those positions. As a result the quality of the hires was typically sub par. Training left a lot to be desired and disciplinary progression was vague and confusing. The physical workspace was not conducive toward productivity. Open and overstaffed, it was often loud and chaotic.
Pros
easy job, little stress
Cons
loud, overcrowded, high replacement rate, unclear disciplinary process
A Little Too Lax
Management (Current Employee) –  Boston, MAFebruary 12, 2019
Fast growing company that has a lot of structure to build to become successful. Nice laid back environment, but doesn't have any screening for new hires. They'l hire anyone with a pulse, resulting in theft, physical altercations, and drug use in the office. Lots of potential though.
Pros
Chill work enviroment
Cons
Lack of structure in various areas (no dress code, smells like marijuana everywhere, etc)
Would be a great place to work if they changed their 30 day trail period policies.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAFebruary 12, 2019
I enjoyed working at Simplisafe. It's a relaxed environment. Ok starting pay. Co-workers, Leads, Supervisors & HR where helpful and definitely made it easier for me to do the job. Unfortunately this company is a revolving door. Always hiring because their constantly firing. And the main reason why they are always hiring & firing is because of their 30 day trail period policies. Which are ridiculous. I called out 4 days. 2 days due to my kids having the flu. And 2 because I had Strep throat. I had Dr's notes for all these days. When I came back from being out 2 days, I ended up clocking in late because I went to talk to HR right away. I have seen other Coworkers work a few hours get called off the floor and never come back. So, I wanted to be sure that that wasn't going to happen to me. They let me clock in and work 4 more full days then on the 5th day, I was let go due to the callouts. I felt that with my skill set, I was definitely an asset to their company. I have never been fired from a job previously. I Especially never thought I would be fired for having sick children and for being sick myself. I do not recommend working for this company unless your a psychic and can foretell the future. Cause God Forbid you or your children get sick, you'll be out of a job. And no Dr's note is going to save you from that. This Company doesn't take into consideration the fact that things beyond your control could happen and are very insensitive to those possibilities. They are letting people go for dumb reasons and spending mad money to replace them. Don't set yourself up to fail.  more... Don't even waist your time applying.  less
Pros
Relaxed Work Culture, Awesome Coworkers and Supervisors, Beer and Wine Friday's, Fair hourly start up pay, Free Coffee.
Cons
Horrible 30 day trial period policies. Revolving door as a result of those policies.
Worst management
Technical Support Representative (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAFebruary 11, 2019
They are removing night shift email team. Due to the work place lack of ability to hire stable respresentaive. There is no communication between departments you will find out information late. Such as when the app crashes you won’t know unless the que is at 255 and customers are yelling at the representative due to management fault not communicating with there customers or representative. You only get promoted if you are friends with someone in HR
Pros
Cons
Management sucks
Machine Operator (Current Employee) –  Braintree, MAFebruary 2, 2019
Was a generally nice sized warehouse, that turned into two. I felt that I wouldn't be able to advance and promoted in the specific work environment. There are nice people that work there, and the work is pretty repetitive.
Fun workplace but challenging hours
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAJanuary 5, 2019
I worked at simplisafe for about 2 months or so. It’s a great place to work, the hours sometimes can be difficult (9-6 or 3-12) with rotating schedules, meaning some weeks you have Thursday Friday off and other weeks, having the weekends off. My team was amazing and so was my lead, who should have been promoted to a supervisor after being with the company for a few years. The work is ok, I worked in sales and as long as you inform the customer of everything offered you’re in the clear. Would’ve loved to stay if part time was offered unfortunately it’s not.
Pros
Free pizza on occasion, company Christmas party + bonus, free beer/ wine on Friday, free system after 30 days
Cons
No part time employment, days can be long, customers can get on your nerves
Young company with major growth opportunities
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Boston, MA 02108January 3, 2019
Great place, love the environment and the people. I've learned a lot about patience and thinking quick on your feet. There is so much growth opportunities here and I am happy to have grown with the company to discover the many different hats I could try on and be a leader in; from a rep on the phone to an engineer or marketing supervisor, possibilities are endless.
Pros
beer friday
Cons
PCI restrictions
Poor management and lack of encouragement
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Boston, MADecember 22, 2018
They’re interviews are stupid they lack positive attitudes, no type of encouragement nor support, the supervisors are rude. They need to improve on how to hire people.
very great workplace
Customer Service/Sales Agent (Current Employee) –  Boston, MAOctober 15, 2018
the people are helpful, very caring, the work environment and culture itself is very comfortable. Co workers are polite, the Management is very organized. Easy Commute
Good work environment
TECH SUPPORT (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAOctober 9, 2018
Great company to work for!

Smart staff and positive vibes at the company and high integrity.

Great product and service provided by everyone.

It is a good place to work.
Horrible place to work
Call Center Representative (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAOctober 3, 2018
Rotating schedule drives you crazy. The job gets redundant you always repeat yourself all day and they also have a issue with bed bugs that’s not safe
Not a good place to work.
Technical Support (N. Shift 3pm-12am) (Former Employee) –  Boston, MASeptember 20, 2018
The management was terrible. It’s a popularity contest to get promoted. They promote people who are undeserving and micromanage like crazy. The make broken promises.
Pros
2 20 min breaks and 1 hour lunch
Good place to work.
Customer Service/Tech Support (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAJuly 25, 2018
Good place to work and gain exceptional customer service skills. Positive work environment, decent pay, room for advancement. Supervisors are supportive, and know their job. There are a variety of shifts available, and many useful resources to help you do your job.
Well Place
Customer Service Representative (Contract) (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAJuly 5, 2018
The working environment was okay along with being fast paced but interesting at the same time. The people were nice and the group I was in was fun too.
Relaxed Call Center
Sales & Customer Support Representative (Current Employee) –  Boston, MAJune 8, 2018
Relaxed workplace culture (start-up type of scene), hardest part is that it can become very repetitive, otherwise, very simple job. Very well managed with straight forward business structure.