Simply Crepes Employee Reviews

fine place to work but not for long term, management is hit or miss
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NCMarch 13, 2018
The staff is usually great and are willing to help one another. In my experience, management has been hit or miss. Some of the company executives are unwilling to consider critiques of their work or the company's progression, and are unwilling to look within the infrastructure of the company to locate problems.
No hours, bad management
Line Cook (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NCJanuary 6, 2018
Every single day I came to work there would be some manager complaining about "high labor". They increasingly cut my hours even though I was already working under 20 hours a week. The GM has no idea what he is doing, the managers would come in to work late and leave early every day. AND to remain "unnoticed" they would go into the computer and manually change their clock in/out times. They set a very bad example. This is the only restaurant I have ever worked at that the staff would often be left without a manager. Hourly employees opened the shop everyday as the managers came in 2 hours later with a new excuse daily. The managers themselves never got along and would often pull hourly employees into their drama. This restaurant needs some serious management help.
Pros
Free food
Cons
No breaks, no increase in hours
Simply Crepes
Line cook (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NCJanuary 4, 2018
All management since I worked there has been fired and replaced. I have no knowledge of current management. During the time of my employment, the kitchen manager would often come in late and/or hung over. The front of house manger did not care about the safety of her female employees. 12+ hour shifts were normal.
Great Place to work for 3 years and going!
Manager (Current Employee) –  Pittsford, NYNovember 27, 2017
Love this company! Family run business looking to grow. Lots of opportunity! I have worked here for 3 years and have moved up the ladder. It can be a competitive company to work for but it keeps you on your toes every day.
Totally Repulsive and Appalling Management
Employee (Former Employee) –  Pittsford, NYJuly 10, 2017
The Management treats the employees horribly!
This one manager screamed & yelled consistently, threaten and bullied ALL the employees!
Everyone knew how this manager's behavior was and yet nothing was done!
HR said never heard this before; REALLY? Read the previous reviews!
It sickening how completely unprofessional this manager is and that this unacceptable behavior continues.
Shame on you all for allowing this one deplorable nasty manager to treat people so terribly!
You lost our business and many others!
DO NOT WORK THERE!!!
Cons
Worst Management Ever!
Ok for the first 8 years.
Cook/Prep (Former Employee) –  Pittsford, NYApril 24, 2017
I really loved this environment for almost 10 years. It was a really fun place and very creative all the food was very well prepared.But my overall review is that every one should be treated the same and after 8 years thing's changed but it was a wonderful work place.
Pros
2.50 price for staff for food
Cons
Short breaks
Horrible Management
Dish Washer (Former Employee) –  Pittsford, NYOctober 5, 2016
Dishwashing and cleaning including on ladders over hot and in operation stoves, learned how to handle overbearing management, co-workers were friendly, management fired employees for missing work during family emergencies and was completely inflexible in emergency situations, employment was not enjoyable what-so-ever
Pros
cheap drinks
Cons
horrible management, water costs money
Great place to work!
Manager (Current Employee) –  Raleigh, NCMay 28, 2016
I'm really enjoying working at Simply Crepes. It's a very unique concept nestled in a really cool location. Employees and managers are fun and great to work with. I would recommend working here to anyone looking for full or part time work.
Pros
Atmosphere and staff are amazing
Unorganized and Poorly Managed
Front of House Manager (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NCFebruary 12, 2016
I worked for this place for over a year. The General Manager was a scowling, hard faced, unapproachable individual. The Kitchen Manager always came in drunk. The GM worked approximately 25 hours a week at best. The GM was working on opening her own business so she had checked out long ago. Do not apply here.
Pros
Free Food
Cons
Bad Management
Great staff who made you feel at home.
Pantry cook, line Cook (Former Employee) –  Canandaigua, NYJuly 1, 2015
opprotunety to try new things, work with great food, and amazing people.

schedule was unpredictable and less then desirable. management was difficult to approach with issues.

Staff was like a family, people you could depend on and who made you feel at home.
Pros
good food. good staff.
Cons
no benefits, irraatic schedule, no OT.
home made business
Cook (Current Employee) –  Pittsford,NYJune 2, 2015
they don't know what there doing at this place. Management sucks, servers suck, cooks suck the whole restaurant doesn't know how to do there job
Pros
nothing
Cons
no breaks
Simply Crepes
Server / Shift Manager (Current Employee) –  Raleigh, NCNovember 17, 2014
I am currently employed at Simply Crepes. This job has been a good experience and I get a long with my co-workers. It has a fast pasted environment. The staff and management team is friendly and always willing to help.
Pros
Fun and friendly co-workers
Cons
service industry and no health care
Good service and friendly staff
Pantry (Dessert) Chef (Former Employee) –  Pittsford, NYNovember 13, 2014
The food was always sent out in a timely manner and the workers were all very friendly and cheerful.
great place to eat with the feel of a family
pantry (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NCApril 24, 2012
making crepes and fixing the orders when thay come in. i have learned that crepes can be used for anything. the management was great and fair also my co-workers were funny made the job easy. the hardest part was when it was slow and the most enjoyable part was working with the staff and talking to the customers
Fun, Serene, Busy atmosphere.
AM Lead Line Cook (Current Employee) –  Raleigh, NCMarch 29, 2012
Family oriented, classical, fun, cozy, and more... Quality food, fast and dedicated service. I love to work here everyone is like family.
Pros
discounts for self, family, & friends
Cons
no t.v.