Simpson Strong-Tie Pay & Benefits reviews

Nothing good to say
Dealer Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHApril 16, 2019
Pay was good benefits were top notch but that's all that was good arrogant attitude toward rest of the world was not for me if you let you political feelings be known and they weren't in line with the company you got black balled
Pros
Freedom
Cons
Most everything
Great Company
Support Specialist II (Former Employee) –  Boulder, COJuly 21, 2018
Benefits are amazing
They care for employees
Good sound business
They care about customers
Some management could use work most are good though
Good working culture
Professional and rewarding
Outside Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  CA, AZ,N.M., HI. Las VegasMarch 27, 2018
The best job I ever had. I learned about sales and the Building Industry. Simpson gave me all the tools I needed to have a successful career.
I was the happiest when I was walking jobsites and helping end-users understand the products.
You can not go wrong with this company.
Pros
Training, teamwork, pay and benefits
Cons
Went public and the culture changed
Productive workplace
Administrative Support (Former Employee) –  Stockton, CAMarch 7, 2018
Simpson is a very fast paced work environment with great management . They have a great culture and great benefits . Working with Simpson I learned a lot of the manufacturing industries
Pros
Great Benefits, and Flexibility
Cons
Pay, Healthcare
Great place, depending on the department
Purchasing Clerk (Former Employee) –  Hilliard, OHJanuary 23, 2018
I would highly recommend anyone work there, but I would avoid the purchasing department. The sales team is especially nice, as are everyone, really. And there's lots of free coffee.
Excellent employer
R&D Engineer (Former Employee) –  West Chicago, ILNovember 8, 2017
Top-tier benefits, excellent work-life balance. Base compensation was low but bonuses could be very large to make up. Limited advancement opportunities.
Amazing Culture and Endless Opportunities
Sales (Current Employee) –  Riverside, CASeptember 13, 2017
Being at Simpson Strong-Tie for over 14 years, I can easily say that there are endless opportunities for anyone who wants it. Regardless of where you start or what skills and experience you may have there are always chances for advancement and development. Internal training and mentorship is a constant and external training is always open to anyone. There is a teamwork atmosphere like mine I've experienced at any other company. Everyone has a common goal of exceeding customers expectations and a servant mentality. With the common goal, everyone across departments and even across branches around the world are excited to help with whatever is necessary to make it happen. Management is in a constant state of development and growth; always trying to learn. Succession planning is a focus and performance management helps give management and employees the tools to grow. The culture is fun and inclusive regardless or title or department. Many employees hang out often and have become great friends outside of work. Many customers and employees have become great friends also. Incredible benefits include vacation and sick pay, tuition reimbursement, AMAZING medical, dental, vision, chiropractic programs, wellness program where positive health and lifestyle choices are encouraged, discounts, great work/life balance, and so much more. People rarely leave the company because of the culture and ever-changing possibilities. I can't recommend Simpson enough for anyone who wants to be excited to go to work each day, make great products, and have fun in your career.
Pros
No Equal Culture, Great Benefits, Company Profit Sharing, Learning is encourages, Creativity, Wellness Program, Gym, Fun Family Atmosphere, Endless Development Opportunities, Coffee Bar
Cons
Sometimes change can be hard for some but welcome for others, sometimes there is too much free food
Pays awesome, but management is inexperienced and unreasonable
Training Administrator (Former Employee) –  Riverside, CASeptember 10, 2017
Best thing I ever did was quit last month. Manager was new to their job, didn't know how to support their team total of 1 employee. Position was understaffed. Highly-stressful position. Don't do it!!!! Loved the company itself but stay away from the Literature/Training Department. You'll save yourself blood, sweat and tears.
Pros
Good pay & benefits
Cons
Understaffed, terrible management
Official response from Simpson Strong-Tie
September 25, 2017

Thank you for the candid feedback. We appreciate you affirming our great pay, benefits and company.

On your comments regarding the department manager and workload – we are always looking for ways to improve. We will certainly look into this to see if there is an opportunity for us to provide more support and come alongside the manager to help make the workload more balanced. Leadership is an area we’ve been giving a lot of focus as a company. Demonstrating leadership can be challenging, at times, especially when we try so hard to meet our customers’ needs. Both are important, nonetheless.

Thanks again for your feedback. You’re welcome to reach out to any of our leaders or human resources team members if you’d like to provide more specific information or any other feedback.

-Simpson Strong-Tie Representative

Good Company
Shipping and Receiving Clerk (Former Employee) –  Stockton, CAJuly 25, 2017
This is a Great Company..
Union company. Great employees. Everyone pulls together in order to get the job done. Overtime is encouraged. Paid medical, dental, vacations. Union really works to take care of employees.
Pros
Hard Work
Cons
Pay is too low when starting.
Poor Management
Associate (Former Employee) –  OhioJune 12, 2017
One Particular Manager has no people skills. He will talk to you in a demeaning way if you let him, If you stand up to him he will retaliate against you. Management always takes up for him
Pros
4 day work. Cheap Health Insurance.pay should be more. profit Sharing
Cons
Management(one in particular) Standing for long periods of time. Favoritism
Massive potential for growth stunted by horrible management
Quality Assurance Technician (Current Employee) –  Addison, ILJune 3, 2017
Simpson Strong-Tie is a great company with great benefits and great pay. However, management from the branch head down are oblivious to cGMP and repeatedly throw away opportunity for growth and profitability. No advancement opportunities either - if you succeed in your role, you will be held there due to your success. There is so much profitability wasted here by horrendously bad management with little to no chemical experience.
Pros
Great benefits, above average pay
Cons
Horrible management, stunted growth
Productive and fast pace environment
Inventory Clerk/forklift operater (Former Employee) –  Stockton, CAMay 25, 2017
Excellent place too work, the people there are just some much fun to be around fells like home. Family
friendly environment and always exciting times with management plus there's also a ping pong table.
Pros
Incentive pay every 3 months, free lunch, willing too pay for your education if wanting too attend school
Cons
No cons at all...
Good work environment
Utility Welder (Current Employee) –  Stockton, CAMay 22, 2017
People are really nice and helpful.
Work environment is safe.
The way work order are managed are understanding.
Leads are really helpful.
Nice having benefits.
Personal help you being on top of everything.
The company was good as a overall towards its employees
Fiberglass Technician (Former Employee) –  3100 falls cliff road , Baltimore,MarylandMarch 8, 2017
Good company but at times not because they had to problems from other branch higher ups getting involved with our branch and our day to day activities which then made it a stressful environment along with the branch moving to another state when they stressed that they was just going to relocate to a county in Maryland because it was a lot of space to use to get a building built
Pros
Bonuses and raises
Cons
Other management and the rotating rules and no handbook
Good work place
Material Handler (Current Employee) –  Columbus, OHJuly 26, 2016
Have been working for this company almost a year as a temp, Have seen others come and go. Would like to get hired by this company.
Pros
Four day work week
Cons
Don't have any benefits as a temp
Good benefits but watch your back
Sales (Current Employee) –  Riverside, CAJuly 7, 2016
Been there for a while and have seen the culture devolve from when I started. Can't speak for the other branches but the Riverside branch is full of nepotism and cronyism (old boys network). Not for women at all! Borderline sexism.
Benefits
Cons
Old boys network
decent company
Fabricator (Former Employee) –  Chandler, AZFebruary 13, 2016
I got sick for a few months and placed on medical leave then let go, otherwise decent company.

I learned tons here, i have a great skill set now for manufacturing, and leading.
Great company to work for. People are professional and smart! Fun place to work!
Plant Accountant (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MDNovember 18, 2015
Fun work place with supportive management. Not all about the numbers but how you personally grow and develop. It's important to them that you like what you do. They don't want unhappy employees. Very generous in every way! Unfortunately, my branch will be moving to West Chicago in approximately one year. I am not sure what my future holds so I need to keep my options open.
Pros
Great benefits!
Cons
Moving to West Chicago!
Good enironment, if you're in IT
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Pleasanton, CAAugust 17, 2015
Great place to work if you have the right managers. IT dpt seems very happy. Other dpts are keeping very negative, unproductive people around for way too long.
Pros
benefits, bonus, team spirited, not uptight.
Cons
select dpt get more budget $, certain managers are there way after their expiration date.
Management needs inprovement
Material Handler and Forklift Operator (Current Employee) –  Stockton, CAFebruary 18, 2015
Warehouse logistics are 20 plus years old.
Management (supervisors on floor) need training on industry standards.
Fallen behind on technology advantages.
Pros
fair benefits package
Cons
short breaks

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Simpson Strong-Tie. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

3.8InHerSight Score

3.5Personal Development

4.3Career Opportunities

3.7Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight