Sinai Health System
58Below average

Sinai Health System Employee Reviews

United States253 reviews
I was encouraged to learn, get involved and participate in a multi-disiplinary team. Never a dull day! I was exposed to a large variety of patient populations, and floated at least once a month.
This is one of the worst organizations for which I've ever worked. For being a non profit, leadership is paid at LEAST for profit wages, if not higher. Non leadership roles are low even for non profits! We are made to feel as though we are completely disposable, with no appreciation for our efforts, knowledge nor experience. They seem to hire nothing but imbeciles from the top down.
Not happy while working there. Some departments could be fine but they should improve employee satisfaction in all departments. Not a lot of support from my supervisor.
Good place to learn what you don’t want for yourself. Pay was low and stress levels were a constant high. The doctors and patients were my only joy. Felt nice to assist people within my community and doctors were for the most part helpful and respect. The managers however, not so much. Too many individuals wearing the boss hat with little to no support.
Sinai Health Systems has a commitment to the community it serves. It is a diverse work force. Senior management does not reflect the workers or the communities it serves. The folks with "boots on the ground" are the diverse face of the hospital. The system is struggling financially as are other safety net hospitals.
Would you rate your company five stars?
Rate your employer to help people make better career decisions.
It ok but sometimes management can be so crazy they work there good workers to hard and let the slackers slack not fair to some need a whole team if i had my way i would put the ones who i know work and make a great team
Typical day at work is highly productive and hectic. I have learned effective time management by multi-tasking the multiple assignments and projects. Management is highly professional and effective. Workplace culture is world-class and professional. The most enjoyable part of the job is knowing that I am contributing a positive difference to a world-class institution in the field of medicine and advancement in scientific research
This is a small hospital that is expanding, so there are more job opportunities. A typical day at work would be talking to patients, family members, physicians, nurses, and clinical staff. Attention to detail is very important as patient information is very critical. Getting used to insurances is definitely important as well.
Management is careless, and all work is forced on lower level employees. Compensation is poor and noncompetitive. The best thing to gain from working here is being able to include healthcare experience on a resume - there is little to no growth for advancement and very unwelcoming environment littered with careless gossiping employees from doctors to janitors.
Managers are not equipped to deal with staff and they play favorites with the lazy workers. Medical assistants are not up to the standard of maintaining professional work space they are rude to patients and staff. The staff will make a patient wait so they can finish a conversation. They dont report bed bugs or roaches. Medical assistants look up patient info they shouldn't be managers have family and friends in the work area listening to patient info which is a VIOLATION. All in all this place is horrible to work if u need the experience that's ok but LEAVE ASAP
Pros
Get experience
Cons
Everything and everyone
Productive environment, great place to learn. Management is engaged. Patient centered environment. Safety net community hospital always looking to serve the community.
Great place to work and lots of opportunities for growth. Tuition Reimbursement with room for upward mobility. Management encourages continuing education.
The culture is rude, in your face, and unprofessional. Managers look over the current situation and/or reward the behaviors. Worst of the worst get promoted, patients are at risk due to poor staffing & nurse turnover is the worst I've seen. RUN.. RUN FAST if you ever get a call to work at this facility. DO NOT APPLY & waste your time...you'll be sorry. The perioperative department is horrible!!
Despite the bad, Sinai is really a great place to work and because it’s a great place to work it helps you deal with the things you feel maybe stressful. You will come to Sinai only knowing a few things, but I garuantee that you will leave knowing plenty.
Sinai has always been a great place to work. The community that is serves is very diverse and challenging.
I see the vision and glad im a part of it.
Cedars-Sinai is such a great place to work. Unfortunately, due to restructuring and management changes my workload became unbearable. I was sad to leave.
I've been a member of the sinai family for seven years. I've learned so much over the years. My department is more like a family. Sinai is a really nice place to work
I’ve been in the healthcare system for over 20 years and I’ve never seen a place ran so poorly. Leadership and the morale is the worst. It’s a huge disconnect between management and the employees. Upper leadership are clueless. The system is in a disarray when it comes to the financial side of the house. At the current rate the hospital doors will close in a few years.
Pros
Diversity
Cons
Poor leadership
Sinai Health System was excellent place to work for. The company care about the employee and had top talk once month.The communication is very important part of any position which I upheld.

Pros
Salary
Cons
Bonuses
This medical facility is a very busy place to work. You will definitely hone your nursing skills. With that said, I learned a lot. The pay was average but at times I felt as though I was making a difference in my patients lives.
Pros
Coworkers, tuition reimbursement
Cons
Turnover is consistently high, especially in management roles, to the point where many internal initiatives lose traction and must be restarted repeatedly because of lost institutional and project knowledge. While the organization's mission is good, working there is risky because layoffs are very frequent (pretty much every quarter).
Pros
Good mission
Cons
Financial problems; incessant & ongoing staff reductions
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Sinai Health System. Our community is ready to answer.