Sinai Health System Employee Reviews

Csmc
SLP (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAApril 19, 2018
Good benefits, great department staff members, diverse patient population. Management not an SLP; difficult to promote practice growth due to productivity expectations.
Hospital to avoid
HIM Specialist (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILNovember 1, 2018
I completely agree with what the community has to say about Mt Sinai and Holy Cross Hospital. Lack of care towards patients! If you don't agree with my opinion do yourself the favor and search for their patient satisfaction report online. Stressful work environment to work at, lack of management over departments. A handful of employees truly know what they are doing.. For those who do decide to stay, best believe you will be overworked day in/day out.
Generally SINAI is a good hospital.
Sterile Processing Technician (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDOctober 16, 2018
First of all I love my profession - Sterile Processing Tech.and CIS. I got a great experience working in this hospital. The hardest part of the job is decontamination. The most enjoyable part of the job and my favorite is assembling of all kinds of instruments.
Pros
gives a good work experience
the hardest part of the job
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILSeptember 5, 2018
was my manager. She did not help out the MA's even tho she was lead MA and was very forgetful. The MA's who have been there the longest felt they were the mini mangers and didnt want to do much and never offered to help and expected others to be at their feet.
Pros
having a helpful coworker/friend
Cons
manager/long time coworkers
Bad
EVS Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILOctober 16, 2018
I worked there for 14 years I did my job the union sucked
The director even more so it was favoritism in the EVS department .. becareful In that area
LIS ANALYST (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILAugust 17, 2018
The best thing about working at Sinai Health Systems is the people! I have always enjoyed coming to work knowing that the people I encounter always have a terrific attitude and committment for the patient population we serve.
Great organization to develop
Manager (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILNovember 24, 2013
Safety net organization with an admirable mission. Employees are mission driven about the patient population - underserved patients. Because of the poorer patients, the organization isn't as financially strong as other hospitals. Pay is generally competitive, but benefits are expensive.

Overall, the organization is very lean in structure - so the workload per person can be very high for a manager level and higher. However, this can also mean good opportunities for advancement and development.

The leaders live and breathe the mission, which helps with general job culture.
Pros
growth opportunities
benefits
C~S Review
Senior Architect (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CA 90048June 16, 2018
C~S Health System is a great place to work. There is an understanding of work /life balance and the group of co-workers enjoy working with others. The potential for growth is there and leadership is striving to improve the teams to benefit the future of the healthcare environment and build better buildings and patient care settings
Sinai
Certified Medical Assistant/Surgery Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILSeptember 6, 2017
My first real job. Learned so much, much of these skills I still use today. I the salary was not competitive nor was it fair. I had went a year without any merit increases due to budgeting issues.
fast past
Health Information Management Technician (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDMay 24, 2018
Always work to be done. Management positions were given to most popular and the hard workers are overlooked a lot. Fast past so the days go by quickly.
Pros
1hr lunches.
Cons
Parking
Good Place to Work
SYSTEM DIRECTOR PROGRAM MANAGEMENT OFFICE (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILApril 10, 2018
A lot of focus on the community. There is a lot of exciting change on the horizon from an IT perspective. Management does need improvement, but they are working on that actively.
Pros
Lot of Exciting Change Coming
Cons
Loved my time with this organization.
Data Entry Specialist (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILMay 28, 2017
Great place to work with good benefits, great hours, excellent management team and plenty of work to you busy. Plenty of employee appreciation and recognition often giving awards for great performance.
Great mission, but poor execution
Caregiver (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILFebruary 15, 2017
Not a bad place to work. Great mission, fair compensation, and decent benefits. Sadly, it's a revolving door of employees. The good ones move on after seeing pain points aren't addressed. Management will need to improve in order to lead Sinai towards being a great organization that can continually deliver great service.
One of the few Stand Alone Hospitals left
Network Analyst II/CITRIX Administrator (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILApril 9, 2018
Hospitals are inherently good places to work due to the fact that most everyone's role is helping others, which makes for a good disposition! Can be stressful if your system is having issues because it can affect a lot of units. Overall, very fulfilling when your work empowers others and performs as intended.
Pros
Lots of food
Cons
Lots of food
Please don't ruin your career
System Director (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILApril 11, 2018
Promises not kept, one day you are wonderful and the next you are blamed for someone else's mistakes. Please stay where you are. It truly isn't worth it...
Pros
Cons
Unstable executive team
Sinai
Employee Relations Consultant (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILApril 15, 2018
i've been with Sinai for several years
a typical work day includes coaching managers
workplace culture is somewhat friendly
lots of leadership and staff changes
Challenging and rewarding work
System Director of Health Information Management (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILApril 5, 2018
Working in a Critical Access Hospital with little resources is a challenging environment to work in. However, my investment was to the community. I was committed to working in the communities that Sinai Health serves and this provided a rewarding environment.
Great place from a technology perspective
Anonymus Employee (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILDecember 20, 2016
This place has troubles keeping it clean and correcting leaks that are occurring throughout the building. We have to put our garbage cans outside of our doors so that we can make sure that it is picked up in a timely manner.
Pros
Technology that you get to work with
Cons
Benefits are not the best, Not very clean
Lovely hospital
Medical Records Clerk (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDOctober 20, 2016
Nice Jewish hospital. had a lot of incentatives, benefits were great, had chance for advancement, staff friendly, Management was friendly and cared about staff.
Pros
Big hosptal
Junior High Level Mentality
Psychiatric Social Worker (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILJanuary 13, 2018
I have worked here for over a year. There is a lot of unprofessional behavior amongst my co-workers that goes unnoticed or ignored. Accountability is inconsistent from management. There is no loyalty from management for your effort. Facility is dirty. Proper English is replaced by slang to excess.
Pros
Flexible scheduling
Cons
Rough neighborhood.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Sinai Health System. Our community is ready to answer.