Sinai Health System Culture reviews

Good place, not so great neighborhood
Senior Integration Analyst (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILJune 19, 2018
Typical day at work is projects I am working on between our hospital sites and partners. What I learned most is the Cloverleaf HL7 integration system and was also certified. Management really needs to be updated they are fixated too much on old technology and too much politics except for the CIO who has also left the hospital. The culture is good, people are great. Nothing really hard about the job. The most enjoyable parts of the job was learning the Cloverleaf system and working with the various departments.
Pros
Cons
no parking
Family oriented and fun
Patient Registrar (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILJune 10, 2018
As trauma I hospital, which it could be a very overwhelming day but I learn how to work under pressure. I learn how to show empathy and sympathy to patients and families. My managers are the most understandable and easy going people I have ever work for. The most I like about Mount Sinai is the diversity of cultures that I work with, just to know where they come and from and where their going. The hardest part of the job is when families loss love ones, that can be heartbreaking. The most enjoyable is when we get recognized for out hard work done and appreciation is shown dearly.
Pros
Parties
Cons
Not enough money
Fun place to work, Co workers make this job.
Emergency Department RN (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILJune 1, 2018
Really enjoy working here. Staff are friendly and support one another. You will learn a lot very quickly if you are open minded with a positive attitude.
Decent place to work
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILApril 26, 2018
Staff are competent and friendly. Works as a healthcare team. The facility, however, is old and so is the eMAR they use. They need to get epic or powerchart.
Employee Relations Consultant (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILApril 15, 2018
i've been with Sinai for several years
a typical work day includes coaching managers
workplace culture is somewhat friendly
lots of leadership and staff changes
a typical work day
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILJanuary 22, 2018
ok place too work management is ok need bigger benefits, I have a great experience worked here for a long time, most enjoyable people to work with .Teamwork
Okay
Executive Assistant (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILJanuary 12, 2018
It's Okay, nice people.

If you like working in a fast pace office this is for you. The most enjoyable part is the people.

Management, Job Culture etc.
Cons
My co workers are my substitute family.
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILJanuary 9, 2018
my typical is motitvational ,
learned to strive to be the best at how I choose to live daily.
our management have to strive to obtain good patient outcomes .
the culture is laid back .
the hardest part is not having what you need to make tasks simple.
the most enjoyable part of the job is seeing our patients lives improve .
I enjoy working in the Medical Field
Clerk Admitting (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILJanuary 8, 2018
Very busy, Productive, I like my work hours,I learned to be humble the hardest part of the job is when the computer system goes down go paper the most enjoyable part of the job is when patients are satisfied of there visits and services...
Pros
1hr lunch
Cons
No O.T.
Productive and Supportive Place to grow
RESEARCH ASSOCIATE, CEDARS SINAI MEDICAL CENTER (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CADecember 11, 2017
Very friendly environment,
Supportive for growth,
A lot of educational programs,
Great incentives,
Flexible schedules,
Diverse Culture,
Helpful people.
Good work culture
ANIMAL HEALTH TECHNICIAN CEDARS (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CADecember 3, 2017
CSMC has a great work culture and I had awesome co-workers that made my time there fun and rewarding. The primary downside to this job is its location.
Progressive and Evolving
Control Substance Surveillance Technician III (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILNovember 13, 2017
My typical day at work is usually pretty fast day I run necessary reports for nursing and management. I make sure that i get to all questions and concerns in a timely manner. The culture here is one of great diversity enjoyable staff, staff care giver outings. Always offering a hand from the top down.
fun but unpredictable
Unit Secretary (Current Employee) –  Chicago,IllinoisOctober 6, 2017
A typical day on my unit is very unpredictable it can change at any moment because of the patient milieu, other than that I love the job, it can get stressful because I am the center person that respond to various people. I love my co workers, we work as a team and we have fun moments also to keep up the moral, The culture is mixed somtimes there are some miscommunication gaps but we try to solve them when it comes to team work and patient care.
Pros
Co workers, Good Food
Cons
Salary, Communication, Hard to transfer to other departments
Volunteer
Volunteer Intern (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILSeptember 21, 2017
Every day was a different day. It was enjoyable and I learned new skills from every department I worked. I met new people and learned from them.

I learned new systems, software and equipment.
Pros
everything
Extremely busy
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILSeptember 11, 2017
Oncology unit is a nice place to work, Great managment. Work culture is a team environment. Hardest part of job is keeping up with the fast pace. Mt. sinai offers good meals that reasonaby priced.
Sinai
Certified Medical Assistant/Surgery Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILSeptember 6, 2017
My first real job. Learned so much, much of these skills I still use today. I the salary was not competitive nor was it fair. I had went a year without any merit increases due to budgeting issues.
Sinai
Interim Emergency Department Consultant (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDAugust 14, 2017
The culture of this hospital does not include communicating well with the staff. There is a lot of favoritism in the organization. Competency and hard work should be rewarded.
Pros
Facility is nice
Cons
Ineffective Management and Favoritism
Leadership is not focused on actual improvement
Manager (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILAugust 2, 2017
The clinicians are very focused on delivering proper care to patients, the management is not focused on supporting the clinicians. The Revenue Cycle Office is ineffective.
Pros
Great People
Cons
Organization lacks focus
Constantly learn working and professional development courses.
Management Assistant II, Cedars (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAJuly 19, 2017
Poor planning, lack of communication, no consistency. Programs were implemented then abandoned too often as directors and managers would get let go. There does not seem to be a long-term plan it could be better with proper planning and communication by leadership.
Pros
Diverse community, competitive pay
Cons
Poor planning, lack of communication, no consistency.
Dedicated to teaching it student
Medical Student (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJune 29, 2017
A friendly enviroment to work in,especially with the nurses,they are alwys more than ready to answer your questions and my doctor was also very supportive .

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Sinai Health System. Our community is ready to answer.