Sinai Health System Pay & Benefits reviews

Ratings breakdown
convendient place to work
Medical Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Chicago, IL 60608September 13, 2017
I like working for Sinai however the pay is not good and being a single mother of 2 high school seniors I am really looking to get a better paying job or a part time job.
Sinai
Certified Medical Assistant/Surgery Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILSeptember 6, 2017
My first real job. Learned so much, much of these skills I still use today. I the salary was not competitive nor was it fair. I had went a year without any merit increases due to budgeting issues.
Loved my time with this organization.
Data Entry Specialist (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILMay 28, 2017
Great place to work with good benefits, great hours, excellent management team and plenty of work to you busy. Plenty of employee appreciation and recognition often giving awards for great performance.
Great mission, but poor execution
Caregiver (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILFebruary 15, 2017
Not a bad place to work. Great mission, fair compensation, and decent benefits. Sadly, it's a revolving door of employees. The good ones move on after seeing pain points aren't addressed. Management will need to improve in order to lead Sinai towards being a great organization that can continually deliver great service.
Great place from a technology perspective
Anonymus Employee (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILDecember 20, 2016
This place has troubles keeping it clean and correcting leaks that are occurring throughout the building. We have to put our garbage cans outside of our doors so that we can make sure that it is picked up in a timely manner.
Pros
Technology that you get to work with
Cons
Benefits are not the best, Not very clean
Lovely hospital
Medical Records Clerk (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDOctober 20, 2016
Nice Jewish hospital. had a lot of incentatives, benefits were great, had chance for advancement, staff friendly, Management was friendly and cared about staff.
Pros
Big hosptal
Cons
SInai Health System provides a great opportunity to learn many aspects of healthcare.
Pharmacy Intern (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILApril 29, 2015
Mount Sinai Hospital- Chicago is a Trauma level I, where you get many chances to observe interesting medical cases.
They provide parking and free mea for volunteers.
Pros
Free lunch, Free parking for volunteers, Flexible time
Cons
It's not in a safe neighborhood
Medical Assistant
Mt. Sinai hospital (Current Employee) –  chicago ilApril 3, 2015
I am very happy working in sinai fair pay and great advancement. Great place to experience and learn while climbing that latter to success.
Pros
good lunch time, fair pay
Cons
high volume clinic
Nepotism at its most vile. Holy Cross is sanai now.
facilities (Former Employee) –  holy cross ChicagoMay 29, 2014
Bad to begin with before sanai, now its just awful. Management is trained to lie and they are good. Lowest pay in the Chicagland area for a licensed stationary engineer, unless you're related to a boss. If so you can do whatever you want.Please dont be fooled by the fictitious reviews. If its more than a 1 star review for holy cross its fake. If you're so desperate that you're willing to do anything for money, apply. If you like overtime on zero notice, and working every holiday for regular pay, apply. If you don't mind paying $500 a week for horrible health insurance, apply. Mt sanai is union. Holy Cross is a sanai health system hospital but they are not union. This place is the reason unions exist.
Great organization to develop
Manager (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILNovember 24, 2013
Safety net organization with an admirable mission. Employees are mission driven about the patient population - underserved patients. Because of the poorer patients, the organization isn't as financially strong as other hospitals. Pay is generally competitive, but benefits are expensive.

Overall, the organization is very lean in structure - so the workload per person can be very high for a manager level and higher. However, this can also mean good opportunities for advancement and development.

The leaders live and breathe the mission, which helps with general job culture.
Pros
growth opportunities
benefits