Sinai Hospital of Baltimore Employee Reviews

very nice workplace, staff is respectful and friendly
PATIENT CARE ASSOCIATE (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MDMarch 22, 2018
The most enjoyable part of the job consist on caring for my patients, getting to know what they want and meet their needs. Some patients might want to talk a little about their life and it is always a pleasure to listen to them and provide comfort if necessary or encouragement. At work I take vital signs, I perform EKG's when necessary.
Topical Day at Sinai Hospital of Baltimore
Rehabilitation Practice Associate (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MDMarch 6, 2018
My typical day at work is addressing checking patient's insurance benefits for O/P Rehab Services such as Physical, Occupational, and Speech Therapy. This information is transferred from a "benefit sheet" to our computer software Cener. For our billing department to see what the benefit rundown is. Scheduling appointments for the above services, and helping resolve any upcoming patient relations issues my co-workers, supervisor or third party departments may have with O/P Rehab Services.
Pros
We do receive a discount from the cafe and gift shop
Cons
30 hour breaks we should maybe have a longer break
dont
Registered Nurse, PACU (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MDMarch 2, 2018
toxic environment. No team work. obvious racism. this is not a place to grow. the old nurses feeling like mini gods and bullying younger nurses. High turn over of staff
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDFebruary 21, 2018
Great place to work. I worked on an oncology unit and loved every minute of it. All the staff are hardworking and honest. Management is very supportive.
Professional and relaxed place to work.
Administrative Associate (Current Employee) –  Sinai Hospital of BaltimoreFebruary 1, 2018
I currently work in the pediatrics department and its a joy to see how the nurses tend to the kids and make sure its a fun and safe environment for them, I don't have direct contact with them but I do get to know them on another level as well as the parents, and of course the hardest part is the death of one of my patients.
n/a
Operating Room Assistant Specialist (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDJanuary 15, 2018
The management sucks and there is no chance of change. I AM LOOKING TO CHANGE JOBS FAST For better opportunity and career advancement. Sinai does not offer that
Fast paced work environment
Patient Transporter (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDNovember 30, 2017
Sinai's transportation department was hard working and demanding environment. We had to get patients from rooms in timely fashion and it required team work.
Excellent Work Culture
Team Leader - Patient Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDNovember 24, 2017
I learned all of my registration and medical insurance work skills from this job.The emergency room is a fast paced enviroment where diversity in patient care is daily
Pros
Jobs always available
Cons
More pto hours earned
stressfull work place with no breaks and no pay for lost breaks.
Critical Care Nurse (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MDNovember 21, 2017
IMC is stressful . High acquity patients with minimal assistance from the patient techs and management is aware but does nothing about it. High patient to nurse rations is the norm 3-5 pts.
Pros
Encouraging teamwork from fellow nurses
Cons
Minimal care from the techs with unimaginable patient ratios.
Best Place to work
Research Program Manager (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDNovember 13, 2017
Team oriented, friendly environment
Always busy with Administrative, Clinical. and Regulatory Affairs
Learned that conducting a study is like a maestro in an orchestra,
In my opinion, the hardest part of the job is dealing with Drug Companies
The most enjoyable and rewarding part of the job is dealing with patients.
Pros
Excellent benefits, competitive salary, teamwork
Cons
N/a
Great Experience
Data Communication Triage Technician (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDOctober 9, 2017
I started at Sinai as a temporary employee & quickly fell in love with the staff, environment and the job. I quickly accepted a position once offered.
Pros
Unlimited Hours, Stocked Cafeteria, Benefits, Jewish Holidays
Cons
Communication from Management could have been better.
HR Coordinator/Recruiter-Human Resources (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MD 21215September 15, 2017
Friendly, clean and safe environment. The staff and workers are there with the same goal. To care for the clients. This is indeed a relaxed place to work as long as the work is done.
Workplace Culture
Occupational, Speech and Psycho Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MDSeptember 5, 2017
This organiztion is still living in time where they would rather give awards out for baking a cake and remember the staffs birthdays than those who work hard, train other employees, go out of their way to make sure that the right is corrected, tries to encourage those who are not doing so well at work or at home. The department that I service in doesn't belevie in promoting African American males or women to positions such as directors or even having more than one African American manager at a time. It takes its employees work, ideas and time to be non-importaant or as if we aren't doing the job and should know how to make it better.
Pros
The End of the day
Cons
Coming in each day
Health Management Clerk
Health Management Clerk (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDAugust 15, 2017
Recorded and filed patient data and medical records. Carefully reviewed
medical records for accuracy and completion as required by insurance
companies.
Opportunities if you can get them.
Quality/Patient Safety Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MDAugust 13, 2017
There are multiple opportunities at this hospital, if you can work with HR to get an interview. There have been some recent, needed changes under the new President which is a very positive and encouraging thing.
Okay place to work
Financial Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MDAugust 8, 2017
Day to day is great when everyone is working together as a team. My motivation/enjoyable part of my day is insuring that I have all information/authorization required for patient to be seen.
Pros
Sshow appreciation with luncheons/ small bonus yearly
Cons
Healthcare benefits
Dietary is a cool job
Dietary Aide (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDJuly 24, 2017
I prep the food , prepared the trays , and clean the tray which wasn't bad . It's a easy job to do because you really not doing to much in the kitchen but the same stuff everyday .
Pros
Nice people that work there
Cons
N/a
Outstanding
Physician (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDJuly 22, 2017
I learned more in my short time here than I did in all my rotations as a student. Attending is always available to teach and provide guidance. If you are willing to learn, this is an outstanding place to be.
Good Hospital
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MDJuly 8, 2017
Family centered care that is truly interested in the happiness of their staff. Even during difficult times, teamwork is always represented which makes the day a lot smoother.
Pros
Parking
Cons
overall great place to work
A positive day in the work place
Medical Practice REP-SPP (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MDJuly 7, 2017
During my work experience at life bridge health I was fortunate enough to have experienced firsthand and learned, many different sides of what goes into a project, the general process
of how a my day starts...... first I log onto my personal computer.. sign in 4-5 different systems that (The Krieger Eye Institute) uses. I'm usually first one to be in the office and the last one to leave the office of the work day. I check all my emails from mangers before scheduled patients start walking in the office.I best part about the day is making my patients laugh. The worst feeling I have is seeing patients come in the office in pain. The the most I do is try to put an smile on their face and make the check in process go fast and smooth.