Sinclair Broadcast Group
53Below average

Sinclair Broadcast Group Employee Reviews

You’re seeing reviews close to Ashburn, VA based on your current location
Not your desired location?
Choose a different one
Ashburn, VA7 reviews
indoor sales
On the fly MANDATORY meetings, indoor sales organization. A typical work day would consist of 5 meetings (indoors), paperwork and management check in. No REAL coaching and tons of gossip and favoritism.

The most enjoyable part of the job was leaving everyday. No real sales person would take this job seriously.Very Intelligent General Manager, smart gentleman , however he is hiring the wrong management just to keep cost low. Worst station in the market.
Pros
Pay is ok
Cons
No life Balance and Poor Management
Run!
I started working for a Sinclair station after coming off a long-term layoff. They severely lowballed me on my salary despite my education and experience and would not negotiate despite being located in one of the most expensive metropolitan areas in the United States. Very low morale and a sinking ship due to uber-Conservative "Trump-like" leanings. Upper management has NO IDEA what they are doing and it shows by how many of their stations are failing. I would never work for another Sinclair station ever again. RUN!
Pros
Some of the people are cool
Cons
Everything but the people (not in management)
Toxic Work Environment
Got the position directly out of college. I was very excited to start work at SBG. From day one, I got a very bad vibe from nearly every employee that worked there. I personally like to stay open and neutral on politics. That attitude will NOT suffice at SBG. You have to adopt the morals of upper management or you will be run over. Females and individuals of color deserve respect and rights as well.
Pros
Going home
Cons
Management and coworkers are genuinely terrible people.
Complicated Company
Sinclair is a fast-paced company that is growing quickly. Many low-level employees find it difficult to progress if they disagree with the political values of the upper management.
Stay clear from this place !!!!
Take heed and read these warnings before you ever decide to work with these people ! You will be wasting your career and time . ALready they have been trying to find a replacement for my job after i quit ( i resigned twice !!! ) and its been 6 months so far with no luck for them to find anyone ! This is a sign for you to defintely look elsewhere ! WORST WORK ENVIRONMENT EVER !!!!
Pros
free coffee ?!? cant think of anything else ??
Cons
EVerything !
terrible place - no advancement and hostile environment
management is horrible.
no advancement whatsoever .

last review i read here was correct. there is workplace bullying.

pay is horrible. Sinclair is the worst , too stingy .

stay away from this place unless you are desperate for a job.
Pros
not sure what the pros are really
Cons
management, pay, career advancement
It is a good job. Employers encourage professional development.
It is a high paced news environment. I have fulfilled my purpose in this position and I am grateful.