Sinclair Community College Employee Reviews

Sinclair Community College
Instructor (Current Employee) –  Dayton, OHDecember 13, 2018
I was a part-time instructor for 12 years. It was a great experience for me.They provided an excellent culture for me to instruct in. The support was great from the staff
student worker
Student Worker (Former Employee) –  Dayton, OHNovember 29, 2018
I was pleased on the working environment and people here are very nice and understanding. I would recommend high school student to apply for student work positions here at Sinclair.
Teaching at its finest
Lecturer II General Sociology (Former Employee) –  Dayton, OHNovember 16, 2018
Sinclair Community College is one of the finest community colleges in the nation. The faculty has the full support of the Department Chairs and Deans.
awesome work environment
Lifeguard (Former Employee) –  Dayton, OHNovember 11, 2018
loved working at Sinclair community college as a lifeguard. hours were flexible, the pay was great and the boss was awesome!! only downfall was that you had to work by yourself and it was hot in the pool area.
Pros
paid well, flexible hours
Cons
hot in pool area
i didnt work here i was a student but it wont let me not do this
Student (Former Employee) –  Dayton, OHNovember 4, 2018
i never worked here i graduated from this school. i have a degree of applied science through them
i enjoyed being a student there for the most part so i guess maybe its a good place to work?
Relaxed environment but heavy responsibility.
Language Lab Associate (Former Employee) –  Dayton, OHSeptember 27, 2018
I enjoyed the work, which included answering questions, checking excel tables, and creating translations for many forms of media, but there were copious amounts of downtime. The responsibility was somewhat overwhelming. Because the staff was small (two coworkers and one supervisor), the division of labor was nonexistent. That meant that even if a small task was overlooked or forgotten, it would unravel the system and there were heavy consequences. I wouldn't work in my department again, but for someone who can adapt to an ever shifting calm-busy work environment, and likes double and triple checking their work, it is a rewarding job.
Pros
Can eat on the job, relaxed environment
Cons
High responsibility, low tolerance for mistakes
Great Jobs
Secretary/Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Dayton, OHSeptember 17, 2018
I worked in a few departments at Sinclair as a part-time Admin. Asst. While there, I was treated with respect and given opportunities to continue learning. It was a fantastic, entry-level job.
Many benefits for F/T employees
Administrator, Test Center (Former Employee) –  Dayton, OHAugust 29, 2018
I enjoyed my employment here, but I was part time and a full time student (and this was "just a job"), so all the different benefits and perks were really lost on me.
Great Place for Work Study
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Dayton, OHAugust 10, 2018
It is nice to work on campus as a full time student because there is no additional travel required from school to work. I only wish work study payed more. Staff and job is great though. People really care about what they do here.
Pros
Get to work on campus so no extra travel for classes
Cons
No benefits
Was not great
Tutor in various Subjects for various age groups (Former Employee) –  Dayton, OHAugust 9, 2018
You are paid minimum wage and are expected to work alot of hours. I was a tutor and half the time my students were not involved or tried to get better grades. They expected me to do the work.
Fun place to work with great people
IT Lab Assistant (Current Employee) –  Dayton, OHJuly 31, 2018
I love to work at Sinclair. People are very nice & cooperate. I learn so many things since I am working there. Flexible work schedule, great boss and co-workers
Entertainment News Journalist (Former Employee) –  Dayton, OHJuly 19, 2018
The Clarion is a fun great place to work and start your journalism career! The workers are friendly, they let you explore your taste in journalism, The editors are always willing to help make your work better or even give you great ideas to build on.
Pros
Open minded environment
Cons
I had trouble getting paid
Wonderful work environment
Music Adjunct Professor (Current Employee) –  Dayton, OHJune 24, 2018
Great environment, wonderful people, and pride in your job. Plenty of activities, good scholastics, easy parking. Great job but not enough hours, unfortunately.
Pros
Environment, people
Cons
Not enough hours
An okay place to work
FINANCIAL AID STUDENT ASSISTANT (Current Employee) –  Dayton, OHJune 21, 2018
It's an okay place to work if you aren't concerned about how much money you make. They only pay student workers minimum wage, and cap our hours at twenty hours per week, so you are never allowed to work more than twenty hours a week.
Internship at Sinclair Help Desk
SERVICE TECH ANALIST (Former Employee) –  444 W. Third Street; Dayton, Ohio 45402-1460June 11, 2018
Wonderful group of People to work with.
I worked the 1st. shift in the Sinclair Help Desk, underground.
we each had our own cubical, sound proof.
Sign-In to system and answer all phone calls Analyzing Client need and then either transferring to appropriate Tech or Unlock Clients access or issuing a new password.
I always love working with Clients, no matter what their first Hello, angry or sweet, all calms down when a fix is found.
There were no positions open at the end of my Internship or I would have asked to stay.

The hardest part was having to leave my position.
The most enjoyable part was the team of people I worked with.
Pros
Positive Working Environment
Cons
Positions rarely available.
Very political place to work
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Dayton, OHJune 11, 2018
Certain Departments will blackball you if they feel that you don't fit into their buddy system. There is no training for the job and they are willing to let you go after the first mistake even if you weren't responsible for it. Supervisor is never around when you actually need her, yet tends to find fault in you when things go wrong. I can only speak for the department that I worked in but I did hear while I was there that it is like that almost campus wide. HR simply doesn't care or doesn't know exactly how to do their jobs. BUYER BEWARE!
Pros
Nice pay
Cons
Backstabbing at its best
Well run Organization
Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Dayton, OHApril 30, 2018
No advancement opportunities if you are on "soft" money. Can be very political. Management advanced favorites. Some evaluations were arbitrary. College does do a good job of leveraging resources.
Pros
Good pay and benefits
Cons
No opportunities for advancement
Student Grounds Keeper
Student Grounds Keeper (Former Employee) –  Dayton, OHApril 15, 2018
Working as a student Grounds Keeper allowed Sinclair to help pay for my tuition and book costs, which lowered the amount of loans that I had used in financial aid for my classes. I enjoyed moving about on campus and exploring new places that I had never seen before at Sinclair Community College.
Pros
Easy. Simple
Cons
Slow, and Boring
Terrible place to work. They will cut your job of many years
Financial Aid Intake Technician (Former Employee) –  Dayton, OHApril 14, 2018
After over 10 years of service, they just eliminated positions without offering other positions in different areas. If you are over 40, beware, they will get rid of you.
Pros
Holiday time off
Cons
Horrible management and horrible Human Reaources Department.
A very busy day.
Student / Temporary Worker (Former Employee) –  Located at Telamon off of Springfield St.April 5, 2018
This is a school. I did not work here. I just worked and went to school here.I said I didn't work here I went to school here part time while I worked part time through the temp services. The job location was located off of Springfield St, the place is called Telamon.
Pros
The teachers work very well with the students.
Cons
To bad they dont have escalators. To many steps to climb.