Sinclair Wyoming Refining Company Employee Reviews

Poor upper management
Operator (Current Employee) –  Sinclair, WYMarch 12, 2019
The pay and benefits are great. The place has a significant problem with nepotism. Most of the upper management are drawn from the small communities of Rawlins and Saratoga Wyoming. Promotions are typically given to those with the right last name. The refinery managers office is a swinging door and comical case of musical chairs, as there have been 3 different managers in the last 6 years. Each time a new manager steps in the entire hierarchy within the refinery is shaken up, as each new manager wants to put his stamp on things. The work life balance isn’t always the greatest. Though the schedule is 4 on 4 off 12 hour rotating shifts, operations is perpetually understaffed, leading to exorbitant overtime. There is also a nasty undercurrent of racism and bigotry, which is a microcosm of the Wyoming culture at large. Overall, Sinclair is a good job with great benefits and pay, IF you can get past the management and culture.
Pros
Wages
Cons
Management, culture
Great Place to work
Lead Tech/Foreman Step-up (Current Employee) –  Sinclair, WYJuly 15, 2018
I work in refinery operations which requires 12 hour rotating shifts. My schedule is 4 on 4 off. which gives me a lot of time off. The pay is also above average.
Pros
Pay, Schedule
Cons
Limited advancement
Professionals all the way around
Process Engineer (Former Employee) –  Sinclair, WYApril 7, 2017
I had a great experience here. The engineers I worked with were top notch. My supervisor was also one of the best. I would have liked to work longer with them but I had to leave to be with family.
Productive and well diversified career
Operations Trainer and step up Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Sinclair, WYFebruary 13, 2017
Always new things to do to keep a person from being frustrated with their job. Working in the environment is toughest part of job.
Excellent pay less than desirable work envirnment
Senior Draftsperson (Former Employee) –  Sinclair, WYAugust 21, 2015
Found myself in a less than desirable work environment. The culture was one that did not mentor or promote individual success.
Pros
Excellent pay
Cons
Working conditions less than desirable