Singapore Airlines

Singapore Airlines Employee Reviews

Work-life balance
- SIA promotes work life balance, however the hardest part of the job is the advancement. Many of the employees at SIA are still doing the same job with no expectation of advancing up the career ladder.
Be yourself
Presentable, friendly and approachable
Be a good team player, be humble

Always have eye contact with others

Do not be nervous, just be yourself answer as per normal
Easy job as long you don't go against them
These people have been working here for 12+ years so they are stuck in their ways and hate changes. As long as you stay on their good side and do everything they ask, work can be easy and fun. But if you are the outcast of the group, they will do whatever it take to make work very unpleasant. You'll be walking on eggshells everyday because every little mistake will be reported. Several people have quit due to the hostile work environment. And you can forget going to the manager his on their side.
The work environment is the best
They train you to give the best service that's why they maintain to be the best airlines year in year out, They personalize the services they gave to passengers.
Great place to work but pay is low
Working at Singapore airlines has been great, the employees are great and it's more of a family than a team. It's a great place to grow and advance in your career but the pay is not enough. Literally everyone makes more than you.
Pros
Flight benefits, health benefits
Cons
No zedfare, minimum wage
Care to share?
Help people considering your employer. Share your experience.
fun environment
It is a typical 8-5 office job where we have to ensure the movement of materials and equipment runs smoothly and tend to any queries from stations around the world.

There are various skills that i learned from the experience but the skill that i believe the most useful is being meticulous in what we do. Working in a team ensures that we understand the responsibility of our roles as our actions affects the whole team.

I believe the hardest part of the job is to tend to overseas stations queries due to the language barrier and cultural differences. However, it is also something I enjoy as it allows me to interact and learn more about people.
Pros
friendly environment
Cons
stationary job
Training at Singapore
The only thing was the training in Singapore the country. They payed everything. The bonus was great. The employees were great to work with . Little respect
Time locked with terrible night shift hours
As far as customer service jobs go, working as a customer service agent for an airline is by far the worst position. There are too many things that are out of your and your supervisors' control. Nice people to work with, just terrible hours and the limited availability of an aircraft makes working with customers extra difficult. Limited window seats and such. Generally speaking though, supervisors are very helpful with assisting coworkers to please the customers and attempt to at the very least meet in the middle with their demands. Good job for experience with high pace environments, but terrible night shifts that end at approximately 1:40AM.
Productive and fun place to work
Diverse workplace with an international clientele with a local field. Singapore Airlines training is stellar training organization that equips you with the tools and skillset necessary to thrive in an environment of rapid growth.
Bad corporate culture
No office culture at all. Very top-down with little interaction between leadership and staff. Punitive environment despite no orientation or training .
Not a place for a career
Don't recommend at all - turn over rate is high - typical Asian work culture - low pay - very limited flight benefits - terrible workload - very odd hours
Work
Traffic and parking is very difficult. I learned that the airport is filled with lost people that have a hard time navigating around. The hardest part was when people missed their flights. I like everything about my job there.
Pros
experience
Great company, temporary stress, fast pace.
There are always daily duties. Usually revolved around daily payments, ticket purchases from travel agents, charge back cases, and internal account management.
Pros
Paid sick leave and quiet workplace.
Cons
Pay for parking on a monthly basis, (105 & 405 fwy) traffic for commuters is stressful.
A Typical day at work
The multicultural work environment at the workplace. The hardest part of the job is when the flight delay. Employees must be willing to work long hours and adapt to work schedule change when it requires.
Pros
Stock options and bonus at the end of the year base on our job performance.
Cons
Travel benefit is not the same as other airlines, Company policy does no allow travel pass exchange with other airlines
Exciting and fun work environment
Facing people from different walks of life each day at the airport is fun and exciting, it never gets bored. Making people happy throughout their experience at the airport and on their journey is rewarding. Other than that, work is very exhausting yet employees are not well compensated. Management is NOT pro-employees and nobody stays. They keep training and replacing people. So you always have to be patient with new agents for making mistakes all the time. It sucks coz you're adjusting all the time and only few knows what they're doing. Work sucks the life out of you yet you're still broke and longing. Other than the fun interaction with clientele, there's really nothing much but constant training new people all the time. Leads are not even compensated when they train new agents. It's just sad no one stays other than the horrible management!

Singapore Airlines in general though is very reputable and classy airline. They're just too cheap to compensate for their people and third party employees.
Pros
fun work environment
Cons
standing the whole time at work (while on your 2 inches work shoes (high heels), no breaks except when you really need to go.
Oppotunity to travel and broaden one's horizon
A flying career which has enabled me to meet and handle people from all walks of life and honing my man management skills not forgetting the opportunity to travel around the world.
booked cargo for export
Singapore Airlines Cargo was a wonderful experience. A typical day consisted of heavy call volume from freight forwarders to book cargo for air export.
Great Teamwork
Although its a small airline working under the cargo leading company of Swissport, it's a fantastic work environment. They have the best team and a great demeanor to them. Kinda tough to sustain at times in terms of work load, but very easy to prosper in the airline industry field.
Workplace filled with support and understanding.
A typical work day contained many challenges that were overcame with listening to the customer or working with teammates. Further fortified my abilities in customer service. Co-workers were ready to assist when needed and taught me a lot. The hardest part was definitely the patience required for the more stressful days. When the customers leave completely satisfied then I'm satisfied.
Cons
only working part-time
Quiet Workplace
Most days working for this company were really boring. There was absolutely nothing to do unless a customer called to set a booking. What I learned at this job was how to do accounting work, as well as setting booking for flights. I also learned how certain freights can load and unload on a plane. My co workers were really nice and very generous. They helped out as much as possible. The hardest part of my job was explaining to the customers why their freight was either placed on hold, left behind and/or rejected. The most enjoyable part of my job was talking to the customers and building a repor with them. Sometimes we had dinner meetings with our customers. Not only did we go out with the customers. Anytime there was a birthday or holiday, our office will go out to a very fancy restaurant. We will talk and laugh and have a great time.
Pros
lunch meetings, birthday and holiday parties/dinners
Cons
bad management, no work sometimes, no raises
great place to work
nice and secure place to work. very strong company and really fun with customer and family environment. encouraging places and fun places.
Pros
air travel
Cons
salary
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Singapore Airlines. Our community is ready to answer.