Singapore Airlines

Singapore Airlines Employee Reviews

Management was THE BEST. The company really and truly cared about their employees unlike phony American companies. Management was down to earth and treated everyone with respect. We got many bonuses throughout. The company ALWAYS shared their profits with the employees.
Pros
Training in Singapore
Cons
18 hour non stop flights to Singapore
You are always at risk of getting retrenched being the most junior staff. Always have a back up plan before joining the company. Otherwise everything else is fine.
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
Risk of losing job
Great workers to work with. Real worked as a team/family. Loved working there learned alot had great opportunities to travel. Friendly environment to work in.
Overall , my working experience at Singapore airlines was positive with ups and downs , but overall it was good. the pay was good and my coworkers were nice to me.
- SIA promotes work life balance, however the hardest part of the job is the advancement. Many of the employees at SIA are still doing the same job with no expectation of advancing up the career ladder.
Do you enjoy working at your company?
Every work experience is unique. Tell us about yours. Rate your employer.
Presentable, friendly and approachable Be a good team player, be humble Always have eye contact with others Do not be nervous, just be yourself answer as per normal
These people have been working here for 12+ years so they are stuck in their ways and hate changes. As long as you stay on their good side and do everything they ask, work can be easy and fun. But if you are the outcast of the group, they will do whatever it take to make work very unpleasant. You'll be walking on eggshells everyday because every little mistake will be reported. Several people have quit due to the hostile work environment. And you can forget going to the manager his on their side.
They train you to give the best service that's why they maintain to be the best airlines year in year out, They personalize the services they gave to passengers.
Working at Singapore airlines has been great, the employees are great and it's more of a family than a team. It's a great place to grow and advance in your career but the pay is not enough. Literally everyone makes more than you.
Pros
Flight benefits, health benefits
Cons
No zedfare, minimum wage
It is a typical 8-5 office job where we have to ensure the movement of materials and equipment runs smoothly and tend to any queries from stations around the world. There are various skills that i learned from the experience but the skill that i believe the most useful is being meticulous in what we do. Working in a team ensures that we understand the responsibility of our roles as our actions affects the whole team. I believe the hardest part of the job is to tend to overseas stations queries due to the language barrier and cultural differences. However, it is also something I enjoy as it allows me to interact and learn more about people.
Pros
friendly environment
Cons
stationary job
The only thing was the training in Singapore the country. They payed everything. The bonus was great. The employees were great to work with . Little respect
As far as customer service jobs go, working as a customer service agent for an airline is by far the worst position. There are too many things that are out of your and your supervisors' control. Nice people to work with, just terrible hours and the limited availability of an aircraft makes working with customers extra difficult. Limited window seats and such. Generally speaking though, supervisors are very helpful with assisting coworkers to please the customers and attempt to at the very least meet in the middle with their demands. Good job for experience with high pace environments, but terrible night shifts that end at approximately 1:40AM.
Diverse workplace with an international clientele with a local field. Singapore Airlines training is stellar training organization that equips you with the tools and skillset necessary to thrive in an environment of rapid growth.
No office culture at all. Very top-down with little interaction between leadership and staff. Punitive environment despite no orientation or training .
Don't recommend at all - turn over rate is high - typical Asian work culture - low pay - very limited flight benefits - terrible workload - very odd hours
Traffic and parking is very difficult. I learned that the airport is filled with lost people that have a hard time navigating around. The hardest part was when people missed their flights. I like everything about my job there.
Pros
experience
There are always daily duties. Usually revolved around daily payments, ticket purchases from travel agents, charge back cases, and internal account management.
Pros
Paid sick leave and quiet workplace.
Cons
Pay for parking on a monthly basis, (105 & 405 fwy) traffic for commuters is stressful.
The multicultural work environment at the workplace. The hardest part of the job is when the flight delay. Employees must be willing to work long hours and adapt to work schedule change when it requires.
Pros
Stock options and bonus at the end of the year base on our job performance.
Cons
Travel benefit is not the same as other airlines, Company policy does no allow travel pass exchange with other airlines
Facing people from different walks of life each day at the airport is fun and exciting, it never gets bored. Making people happy throughout their experience at the airport and on their journey is rewarding. Other than that, work is very exhausting yet employees are not well compensated. Management is NOT pro-employees and nobody stays. They keep training and replacing people. So you always have to be patient with new agents for making mistakes all the time. It sucks coz you're adjusting all the time and only few knows what they're doing. Work sucks the life out of you yet you're still broke and longing. Other than the fun interaction with clientele, there's really nothing much but constant training new people all the time. Leads are not even compensated when they train new agents. It's just sad no one stays other than the horrible management! Singapore Airlines in general though is very reputable and classy airline. They're just too cheap to compensate for their people and third party employees.
Pros
fun work environment
Cons
standing the whole time at work (while on your 2 inches work shoes (high heels), no breaks except when you really need to go.
A flying career which has enabled me to meet and handle people from all walks of life and honing my man management skills not forgetting the opportunity to travel around the world.
Singapore Airlines Cargo was a wonderful experience. A typical day consisted of heavy call volume from freight forwarders to book cargo for air export.
  1. Employee Reviews