SINGH Employee Reviews

Great company to work for
Executive Director (Current Employee) –  Novi, MIJanuary 5, 2018
Senior management is involved at all locations and is very supportive. The company culture encourages growth and development of all associates. Family owned and they truly care about the people who live in the communities.
Pros
Great pay, benefits and management
Very fast pace
Mainenance Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Rochester Hills, MIDecember 26, 2017
At first great place to work with great people, then upper management started changing everything and it went down from there. Property manager was great but upper management not. Hired unqualified people to do jobs they couldn't handle and it made it hard to do your job.
Pros
Good Manager
Cons
unqualified help
Great Company but be careful!
Maintenance Technician (Current Employee) –  West Bloomfield Township, MIOctober 4, 2017
Great Company, But dont work at NorthRidge!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Trust me! All in All i have worked at many of the Singh properties. All are wonderful except one! Micro Management to the fullest extent and No regard for Fair Housing. To learn the rules is a joke and a hoop dream because they change everyday.
Take you loved ones elsewhere
Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Canton, MIMay 11, 2017
Its all about money....care is least important. They tell you want you want to hear, but its completely different when these people are moved in. They hire the worst, lazy people. What kind of of people do you think you are going to get for 10.00 an hour, you get what you pay for.
Pros
brick building
Cons
management
Worst place
Wellness Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Novi, MIMarch 28, 2017
The state needs to investigate residents are being abused, this is horrible I believe families should care more.the caregivers are horrible the chefs don't care clients are always at the hospital because they don't care
Pros
Residents
Bad management
Groundskeeper (Former Employee) –  Canton, MIFebruary 13, 2017
Used to be groundskeeper for singh the only good thing i can say about this place is maintenance staff was nice. This company will move you from location to location without warning. Management showed favoritism to certain employees at EVERY property. Messed up paychecks commonly I would avoid this place
Pros
Pay, maintenance staff
Cons
Good company in general, racist supervisor
Server (Former Employee) –  Sterling Heights, MIMay 26, 2016
I thought it was great job at first. I was a full time student still living at home so it was really just extra money for me. Then about a year of working there my supervisor tells me that my hair was nappy and that I needed to comb through it. I wear my hair natural but it's washed, brushed and styled every day. Then I told him that was racist and he said Mexican people and black people have the same hair. Idk folks.
Pros
Lots of breaks and down time, free leftovers
Worse management team ever
Server (Former Employee) –  Cary, NCMay 23, 2016
They messed up every pay check that I received. Favoritism was noticeable between management and co-workers. No one wanted to pull together when short handed. I was assaulted by a co-worker and it was brushed under the rug.
Pros
The residents and the facility are great
Cons
Unauthorized time sheet changes and NO RESPECT
Challenging, productive and always a compition.
Leasing Agent (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXApril 13, 2016
There was plenty to do as we had to multi-task, between the office, showing apartments, over seeing maintenance/housekeeping, parts control and making sure work was done properly.
Enjoyed working with all my co-workers, managers, supervisors, and bosses, etc...
Locking residents out of there apartment home.
Satisfying the customer with a new home and giving them a place to live.
New MANGEMENT think she is to good to help
caregiver (Former Employee) –  Canton, MINovember 29, 2015
While I was there are WC and ED left the company. The new WC always preached she would help where needed. Most days all shifts are short. Not once would the new WC stepped in and helped. 4:57 pm she was out the door. Still know people that work there and they say WC has never walk the walk. Just all talk. Miss betty is wonderful and activities director for AL and NC are the best they always go above and beyond. If it wasn't for the lies and down grades from WC I would still work there. I enjoined my Co workers and loved the residents.
Pros
Good team work from care givers and med techs
Cons
Wellness coordinator is fake as ever
Horrible place to work
Caregiver mentor (Current Employee) –  Rochester Hills, MINovember 8, 2015
Worst job I've ever had. Management is rude, racist, and uncaring to bother the employees and the residents. Undrepaid, not enough staff based on state regulations.
Pros
Non
Cons
Resident treatment, racial discrimination, constant harrasament
not a nice place to work
housekeeper (Current Employee) –  novi, miOctober 22, 2015
The managers show favoritism to certain employees. The maintenance staff is sorry. They will hire anybody. I feel sorry for the residents.
Pros
Cons
sorry health plan
"Horrible place to work"
med tech/caregiver (Former Employee) –  CherryHill, Canton, MIMay 30, 2015
RUN, I repeat RUN to the nearest exit. Most of the caregivers there are very caring but they had a few bad apples in the bunch. A lot of back stabbing going on and favoritism. Very unprofessional management team. Nurse Betty was the only ray of sunshine there. I just loved her!!
Pros
Caring workers, clean environment
Cons
Caregivers and other non management staff unappreciated. Constantly short staffed, pay lousy.
Fun in the workplace toward an environment-behavior framwork relating employee creativety and job satisfaction
Renovation supervisor (Current Employee) –  Novi MichiganMarch 29, 2015
My day normally starts off at work where I see all the contractors starting to work and it makes me happy the hardest part of the job when some contractors don't show up, the most enjoyable part of the job when I see the job is completed on time.
Pros
some times I offer a free lunch to the workers to make them happy
Cons
Coffee break is important to have a littel break.
Good company
Billing and Client Scheduling Coordinator (Former Employee) –  West Bloomfield Township, MIDecember 15, 2014
I have enjoyed working for them but am looking for more growth.
Pros
hours
Cons
pay
Cool Place
Leasing agent, Michigan (Former Employee) –  west bloomfield, MINovember 29, 2014
It was great to meet Different people looking for Apartments.
Outstanding Culture
Waltonwood Senior Living (Former Employee) –  West Bloomfield Township, MIOctober 20, 2014
Waltonwood Senior Living is in my opinion among one of the best organizations I have had the pleasure of being a part of. What attracted me to the Singh/Waltonwood Family was the Philosophy and Mission Statement which is much more than elegantly crafted words. The care and quality of services residents receive from the associates at the community level to the corporate level is a testament of the Grewal families commitment of the Quality of Life Promise made to the residents and families we have the pleasure of serving.
Through engagement, training and recognition of excellence in service, the Waltonwood Senior Living Brand has created a culture of TEAM, respect for residents, resident families and associates alike which has been instrumental in building associate retention and quality of life for team members. I highly recommend Waltonwood Senior Living as a career path to all those looking for a fulfilling professional life serving our community.
Pros
Engaging, Caring and Professional Organization
Cons
Opportunities in comprehensive standards in policy and procedures
The worst place to work at
Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Novi miOctober 12, 2014
The worst job I've ever worked at the community manager doesn't know how to talk to people . Your are over worked under staff you get called off your break I feel if this company would replace management it would be a much better place to work
Pros
Have to bring your own lunch
Cons
Get called off your lunch early and they still take it out of your check
Waltonwood Senior Community (Former Employee) –  Novi, MIOctober 8, 2014
Resident focused
Small company focused on resident satisfaction
Nice facility
A Daily routine Work
Accountant (Former Employee) –  Houston, TexasJuly 23, 2014
Great Great Great
what you learned
management
your co-workers
the hardest part of the job
the most enjoyable part of the job
Pros
N/a
Cons
N/a

Ask a question about working or interviewing at SINGH. Our community is ready to answer.