Sirius XM Radio Employee Reviews

Nope
Office Administration Assistant (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCNovember 14, 2018
I don't even know where to being with this place. It was cool the staff was amazing, the management was very very unprofessional. A lot of crooked stuff.
Pros
Food, Staff
Cons
Decent pay and benefits. Very troubling practices.
Refresh Technician (Current Employee) –  Seattle, WANovember 6, 2018
The culture of the refresh team I am a part of is very disrespectful to auto dealers. Making unannounced visits, surreptitiously placing marketing material in autos, misrepresenting services due to contract cancellations. We've been asked to leave multiple dealerships, very embarrassing situations.

I am resigning as soon as possible.
This may not be the case in other locations around the country.
Pros
Pay.
Cons
Workplace culture.
Sirius XM Connected Vehicle Division
Principal Software Engineer (Former Employee) –  Irving, TXNovember 5, 2018
The environment is an open office floor plan with co-workers using speaker phones at the highest volume setting along with other development teams having spirited meetings at their desks. 50% or your time is spent in SCRUM meetings. Priorities are determined by management depending on the emergency happening at the moment.
Benefits
Cons
Management, Scrum, Agile
active environment
Security Supervisor, Manager, Director (Former Employee) –  New York, NYNovember 2, 2018
very active day to day content entertainment driven satellite radio company. numerous subscriber events throughout the united states. multiple locations in many states, highly qualified personnel in all departments.
Nice place for young people
Manager (Current Employee) –  New York, NYOctober 24, 2018
Sirius XM is a great place to work. No regrets but you are devoting a large portion of your life to your job. Management like that. This is a good job for the young who wants to make points and move onto bigger and better.
Pros
Pay and benefits
Cons
Time expectation of managers
Great company to work for
Manager, Critical Systems Engineering (Current Employee) –  New York, NY 10055October 22, 2018
SiriusXM offers a career where you quickly become part of the family. In my position there I interact with almost everyone in the company on a regular basis and I couldn't be happier with the work culture.
Pros
Creative nurturing place
Cons
It's in Manhattan
Easy but unsatisfactory
Sales Agent (Former Employee) –  Knoxville, TNSeptember 18, 2018
The work place was very laid back and relaxed but the pay and bennifits weren’t top notch. The hours were nice and flexible but the pay wasn’t quite what I was expecting from a sales position.
It was intense yet fun for anyone that wanted to learn and do something that had never been done before.
Director of IT (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCSeptember 12, 2018
I learned more on the job at XM Radio than I have ever learned anywhere else combined. I arrived there before the satellites were launched and before any radios had been produced.
Pros
Intense but fun
Cons
It got more political at the end of my time there.
Management Sucks
Producer (Current Employee) –  1221 Avenue of the AmericasSeptember 11, 2018
Management is more interested in 'keeping the peace' than dealing with lazy or erratic employees. Don't expect action from them, just lip service. Job is interesting, but no room to move.
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
Poor management, no upward mobility
SiriusXm does not take care of their employees
Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Thornton, COSeptember 1, 2018
They eliminated my shift and basically told me to have a nice life with zero notices. I work 9-3 and was hired for weekdays. In the short time I worked there they hanged my hours constantly. I have kids and they knew that but didn’t care. I was told I could no longer work before 12 Knowing I have to leave at 3 to pick up my son, then told me if I didn’t work a minimum of 30 hours I would be terminated. So I wouldn’t recommend anyone ever work her. Sorry
Pros
My coach ray was amazing
Cons
They are sneaky
Watch Your Back
Manager (Former Employee) –  New York, NYAugust 26, 2018
It is an unsettling place to work. The culture is cut throat and anti-collaborative. The squeaky wheels really get the most grease here. There are more meetings than time in the day and everyone needs to give their input, even if it means pushing work out for weeks and weeks.
good work environment
QA Tester (Former Employee) –  Lawrenceville, NJAugust 8, 2018
Friendly and enjoyable work environment. Catered and sponsored holiday events. The hardest and most appreciative part of the job is the learning curve. They entrust you with task assignments outside of your comfort zone with minimal instructions to test your assertiveness, critical thinking and ability to tackle unfamiliar task.
Good job
CUSTOMER SERVICE (Former Employee) –  Eagan, MNJuly 24, 2018
This is a really good job for someone just getting into the workforce. I meet a lot of good people working for this company if given an opportunity I would work back for them if the pay was better and benefits also.
On The Job
New York Beat Reporter (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJuly 23, 2018
Its a fun job, Being part history. Telling a Story. Interviewing News worthy people.. Looking for the best story possible. A typical. day would be. Getting to the site. Looking who witness the happing .. Go from their.
Pros
The job it self great Duties
Cons
Seems like management won't stick up for you
Nice job, too much drug usage.
SALES ASSOCIATE (Former Employee) –  Anderson, INJuly 19, 2018
This job was a nice, easy way to make money for those of us that were still in high school. They offered paid training to those of us who were new to the job. They did have a major drug problem that was ignored.
Pros
Easy Work.
Cons
Drugs.
Fun to work here
QA Analyst (Former Employee) –  5 Penn Plaza , NYJuly 19, 2018
Did not get much opportunity to learn much . The authoriry was not given for lot of things to perform . But loved to worked with the maintenance team which actually worked with a sprint of a week . very challenging and actively participated in all section of the testing .
Great place to work at.
Senior Finance Analyst (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJuly 2, 2018
Great company to work for
Call Center Representative (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OKJune 19, 2018
Sirius XM is a great company to work for. Lots of benefits, friendly and upbeat atmosphere. Opportunities for advancement. Full time with optional overtime.they have many company programs to enroll in.
Pros
Fun and friendly atmosphere, benefits, great schedule
Cons
They could increase their wages
Great Company
Sports Producer (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCJune 10, 2018
Great Company to work for! You are given a lot of freedom and flexibility and being creative and unique is welcomed at Sirius XM! They also have refreshing beverages and coffee for free to keep you energized. I love my DEW!
Great Company for Some Departments
Account Director (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJune 5, 2018
While SiriusXM is an incredibly profitable and well run company, the company values do not transcend all departments. Great team of intelligent, high level management and would love to have that resonate across all aspects of the company, not just programming and subscriber retention.
Pros
Events
Cons
Not Flexible, Old-School, Corporate Vibe

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Sirius XM Radio. Our community is ready to answer.

See reviews about

Ratings from women

2.6InHerSight Score

2.4Personal Development

2.9Career Opportunities

2.8Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight