Sirius XM Radio Employee Reviews

Competitive place and you get to have fun and listen to tunes all day.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Knoxville, TNFebruary 15, 2019
It is a great place. Very competitive, fun and just overall a great time. Very large outdoor area that is shaded. Close to many convenient stores for lunch.
Pros
Free music subscriptions
Cons
Hourly pay.
Great place to be
Director (Current Employee) –  New York, NYFebruary 8, 2019
The people and opportunities are great. I am challenged daily and rewarded for my contributions. They respect my work life balance and I've learned so much.
Great people
Senior Automation Engineer (Current Employee) –  Lawrenceville, NJFebruary 7, 2019
I hade awesome team, enjoyed working with them. Being a contractor it's never fun. Looking forward to getting hired, but the process is kind of slow..
Afraid to change
Customer Retention Marketing Intern (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJanuary 10, 2019
Great people work for the company but overall the departments seem unwilling to change in order to keep up with trends within the industry. It seems some managers are not open to suggestions from those in lower positions.
Fun! Great for part time or supplementing income
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Fort Collins, CODecember 18, 2018
I really enjoyed my time at Sirius! Great boss, great location and they really tried to make it work. The money was awful. 25 cent raises are no way to keep the crowd around. Designed for the college kids but actually ran by the over 50 group. Sad to leave to more money elsewhere
Pros
Great boss!
Cons
Terrible money
workplace culture
Project Manager, Enterprise Data Management (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCNovember 19, 2018
Unfortunately how well you do, how much you advance in your career depends on your manager. There is a clear differentiation still between employees from legacy XM vs legacy Sirius.
Pros
Great coworkers
Cons
vacation
Nope
Office Administration Assistant (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCNovember 14, 2018
I don't even know where to being with this place. It was cool the staff was amazing, the management was very very unprofessional. A lot of crooked stuff.
Pros
Food, Staff
Cons
Decent pay and benefits. Very troubling practices.
Refresh Technician (Current Employee) –  Seattle, WANovember 6, 2018
The culture of the refresh team I am a part of is very disrespectful to auto dealers. Making unannounced visits, surreptitiously placing marketing material in autos, misrepresenting services due to contract cancellations. We've been asked to leave multiple dealerships, very embarrassing situations.

I am resigning as soon as possible.
This may not be the case in other locations around the country.
Pros
Pay.
Cons
Workplace culture.
Sirius XM Connected Vehicle Division
Principal Software Engineer (Former Employee) –  Irving, TXNovember 5, 2018
The environment is an open office floor plan with co-workers using speaker phones at the highest volume setting along with other development teams having spirited meetings at their desks. 50% or your time is spent in SCRUM meetings. Priorities are determined by management depending on the emergency happening at the moment.
Benefits
Cons
Management, Scrum, Agile
active environment
Security Supervisor, Manager, Director (Former Employee) –  New York, NYNovember 2, 2018
very active day to day content entertainment driven satellite radio company. numerous subscriber events throughout the united states. multiple locations in many states, highly qualified personnel in all departments.
Nice place for young people
Manager (Current Employee) –  New York, NYOctober 24, 2018
Sirius XM is a great place to work. No regrets but you are devoting a large portion of your life to your job. Management like that. This is a good job for the young who wants to make points and move onto bigger and better.
Pros
Pay and benefits
Cons
Time expectation of managers
Great company to work for
Manager, Critical Systems Engineering (Current Employee) –  New York, NY 10055October 22, 2018
SiriusXM offers a career where you quickly become part of the family. In my position there I interact with almost everyone in the company on a regular basis and I couldn't be happier with the work culture.
Pros
Creative nurturing place
Cons
It's in Manhattan
Easy but unsatisfactory
Sales Agent (Former Employee) –  Knoxville, TNSeptember 18, 2018
The work place was very laid back and relaxed but the pay and bennifits weren’t top notch. The hours were nice and flexible but the pay wasn’t quite what I was expecting from a sales position.
It was intense yet fun for anyone that wanted to learn and do something that had never been done before.
Director of IT (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCSeptember 12, 2018
I learned more on the job at XM Radio than I have ever learned anywhere else combined. I arrived there before the satellites were launched and before any radios had been produced.
Pros
Intense but fun
Cons
It got more political at the end of my time there.
Management Sucks
Producer (Current Employee) –  1221 Avenue of the AmericasSeptember 11, 2018
Management is more interested in 'keeping the peace' than dealing with lazy or erratic employees. Don't expect action from them, just lip service. Job is interesting, but no room to move.
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
Poor management, no upward mobility
SiriusXm does not take care of their employees
Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Thornton, COSeptember 1, 2018
They eliminated my shift and basically told me to have a nice life with zero notices. I work 9-3 and was hired for weekdays. In the short time I worked there they hanged my hours constantly. I have kids and they knew that but didn’t care. I was told I could no longer work before 12 Knowing I have to leave at 3 to pick up my son, then told me if I didn’t work a minimum of 30 hours I would be terminated. So I wouldn’t recommend anyone ever work her. Sorry
Pros
My coach ray was amazing
Cons
They are sneaky
Watch Your Back
Manager (Former Employee) –  New York, NYAugust 26, 2018
It is an unsettling place to work. The culture is cut throat and anti-collaborative. The squeaky wheels really get the most grease here. There are more meetings than time in the day and everyone needs to give their input, even if it means pushing work out for weeks and weeks.
good work environment
QA Tester (Former Employee) –  Lawrenceville, NJAugust 8, 2018
Friendly and enjoyable work environment. Catered and sponsored holiday events. The hardest and most appreciative part of the job is the learning curve. They entrust you with task assignments outside of your comfort zone with minimal instructions to test your assertiveness, critical thinking and ability to tackle unfamiliar task.
Good job
CUSTOMER SERVICE (Former Employee) –  Eagan, MNJuly 24, 2018
This is a really good job for someone just getting into the workforce. I meet a lot of good people working for this company if given an opportunity I would work back for them if the pay was better and benefits also.
On The Job
New York Beat Reporter (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJuly 23, 2018
Its a fun job, Being part history. Telling a Story. Interviewing News worthy people.. Looking for the best story possible. A typical. day would be. Getting to the site. Looking who witness the happing .. Go from their.
Pros
The job it self great Duties
Cons
Seems like management won't stick up for you

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Sirius XM Radio. Our community is ready to answer.

Diversity score

Comparably
Diversity Score

The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at Sirius XM Radio.

Powered by Comparably