Sirius XM Radio Employee Reviews

It was intense yet fun for anyone that wanted to learn and do something that had never been done before.
Director of IT (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCSeptember 12, 2018
I learned more on the job at XM Radio than I have ever learned anywhere else combined. I arrived there before the satellites were launched and before any radios had been produced.
Pros
Intense but fun
Cons
It got more political at the end of my time there.
Management Sucks
Producer (Current Employee) –  1221 Avenue of the AmericasSeptember 11, 2018
Management is more interested in 'keeping the peace' than dealing with lazy or erratic employees. Don't expect action from them, just lip service. Job is interesting, but no room to move.
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
Poor management, no upward mobility
SiriusXm does not take care of their employees
Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Thornton, COSeptember 1, 2018
They eliminated my shift and basically told me to have a nice life with zero notices. I work 9-3 and was hired for weekdays. In the short time I worked there they hanged my hours constantly. I have kids and they knew that but didn’t care. I was told I could no longer work before 12 Knowing I have to leave at 3 to pick up my son, then told me if I didn’t work a minimum of 30 hours I would be terminated. So I wouldn’t recommend anyone ever work her. Sorry
Pros
My coach ray was amazing
Cons
They are sneaky
Watch Your Back
Manager (Former Employee) –  New York, NYAugust 26, 2018
It is an unsettling place to work. The culture is cut throat and anti-collaborative. The squeaky wheels really get the most grease here. There are more meetings than time in the day and everyone needs to give their input, even if it means pushing work out for weeks and weeks.
good work environment
QA Tester (Former Employee) –  Lawrenceville, NJAugust 8, 2018
Friendly and enjoyable work environment. Catered and sponsored holiday events. The hardest and most appreciative part of the job is the learning curve. They entrust you with task assignments outside of your comfort zone with minimal instructions to test your assertiveness, critical thinking and ability to tackle unfamiliar task.
Good job
CUSTOMER SERVICE (Former Employee) –  Eagan, MNJuly 24, 2018
This is a really good job for someone just getting into the workforce. I meet a lot of good people working for this company if given an opportunity I would work back for them if the pay was better and benefits also.
On The Job
New York Beat Reporter (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJuly 23, 2018
Its a fun job, Being part history. Telling a Story. Interviewing News worthy people.. Looking for the best story possible. A typical. day would be. Getting to the site. Looking who witness the happing .. Go from their.
Pros
The job it self great Duties
Cons
Seems like management won't stick up for you
Nice job, too much drug usage.
SALES ASSOCIATE (Former Employee) –  Anderson, INJuly 19, 2018
This job was a nice, easy way to make money for those of us that were still in high school. They offered paid training to those of us who were new to the job. They did have a major drug problem that was ignored.
Pros
Easy Work.
Cons
Drugs.
Fun to work here
QA Analyst (Former Employee) –  5 Penn Plaza , NYJuly 19, 2018
Did not get much opportunity to learn much . The authoriry was not given for lot of things to perform . But loved to worked with the maintenance team which actually worked with a sprint of a week . very challenging and actively participated in all section of the testing .
Great place to work at.
Senior Finance Analyst (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJuly 2, 2018
Great company to work for
Call Center Representative (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OKJune 19, 2018
Sirius XM is a great company to work for. Lots of benefits, friendly and upbeat atmosphere. Opportunities for advancement. Full time with optional overtime.they have many company programs to enroll in.
Pros
Fun and friendly atmosphere, benefits, great schedule
Cons
They could increase their wages
Great Company
Sports Producer (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCJune 10, 2018
Great Company to work for! You are given a lot of freedom and flexibility and being creative and unique is welcomed at Sirius XM! They also have refreshing beverages and coffee for free to keep you energized. I love my DEW!
Great Company for Some Departments
Account Director (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJune 5, 2018
While SiriusXM is an incredibly profitable and well run company, the company values do not transcend all departments. Great team of intelligent, high level management and would love to have that resonate across all aspects of the company, not just programming and subscriber retention.
Pros
Events
Cons
Not Flexible, Old-School, Corporate Vibe
Great
Content Marketing Intern (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMay 18, 2018
I had a great experience as an intern and learned a lot about the team and the company! Every day varied, but there was always something to do and something to work on.
Great place to work if they paid more
Dispatcher (Former Employee) –  Irving, TXMay 17, 2018
The work was easy and fast paced. The hourly wage is not worth all the work you do. Management is ok but sometimes the women act childish. They do offer free drinks though.
Great work environment
Digital Content Intern (Current Employee) –  New York, NYApril 30, 2018
Everyone on my team was supportive, collaborative, and overall pleasant to be with. I gained a lot of experience and met some very interesting people during my time there.
Sirius xm radio
Emergency Response agent (Current Employee) –  Irving, TXApril 25, 2018
A Typical day at work, is when were getting back to back calls. The person next to you isn't really getting any calls. Your over there busy , while your co workers are chatting around you. I just dont like the fact that we dont get paid for everything new we learn.
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
Pay, no room to move up.
Fast-paced, fun, and creative work environment
Associate Producer (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCMarch 26, 2018
No matter channel you are associated with, SiriusXM is a great place to work. Very nice people, nice facility, and overall a great experience. I would highly suggest applying to this company.
Worst Management Ever!
QlikSense/ QlikView Architect Administration (Current Employee) –  New York, NYMarch 22, 2018
It should not be called as an organization. Feels like some project of some high school kids. No process no hierarchy. There is no official evaluation process for contractors.
Pros
Cons
It should not be called as an organization.
Fun workplace
CELEBRITY SECURITY CONSULTANT (Current Employee) –  New York, NYMarch 18, 2018
SiriusXm is a company that has many beneficial positions available from college students to individuals moving foward in their life's journey. This company is continually growing to improve its product for the masses.
Pros
Cons
Still growing

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Sirius XM Radio. Our community is ready to answer.

See reviews about

Diversity score

61out of 100

The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at Sirius XM Radio.

Powered by Comparably