Sistar Mortgage

Working at Sistar Mortgage: 12 Reviews

United States12 reviews

Lots of learning, new ideas welcome!

Sistar is a company to work with if you are looking for immense learning opportunities. Ideas are always welcome and appreciated. I have seen a lot of positive changes in the recent past which makes me feel proud to be working with an employer who is not resistant to change.

Women-owned mortgage company with room for advancement and career development.

I truly enjoy my role and I'm excited to see what each day brings. We are constantly growing and changing. I love that we are mostly remote and have the ability to obtain a work-life balance. My team is supportive and we have weekly trainings via "MSTeams." My direct manager is always available when I call and the pay is the best I've had in a while!

Oversell underdeliver

MLOs look elsewhere. The onboarding and training are not even close to other companies. You can find comparable Bps and better marketing and management.

Worst Job

Sistar Mortgage is the worst place to work. They give you no training. I worked for them for 5 months as Underwriter I have had 2 occasions where Processor have litterally Cleared a Loan for closing. I been a Underwriter for 3 years almost 4 and never have I ever witness Processors actually approving loans but at Sistar its okay no big deal they say. Sistar is very poorAnyone can litterally clear a loan to close without the loan being underwritten. Sistar is a joke and if you have a different offer take it.

Pros

Good pay

Cons

To many to name just dont do it.

ok place to work

could be better...needs structure and direction. overall its ok..would suggest friends to work here. Typical company with minimal process and procedure

Pros

pay check

Cons

to many to list

Not happy

No support to staff and can’t talk to no one to tell when u need help very unorganized and get no loan close and to much distance with good Cordinators

Pros

Cons

Lots

I can honestly say I love it here at Sistar great hours, benefits and an awesome work environment . I couldn't ask for a better team, very helpful and always teaching. Love that the company is always growing and we are kept busy.

Pros

Always room for advancement, always compensated for good work

Cons

not any I can think of

RUN! Do not believe the good reviews! They are not realistic and written by management.

RUN! Absolutely WORST company to work for! Owners and manager treat you like one of their indentured servants, very unprofessional, they lie, very back-stabbing, pointing fingers environmebt. Very hostile and untrustworthy. The list goes on. Very high turnover. People walk out without notice. Says a lot about how terrible the owners and managers are. They fire people without reason or cause. They play favorites and make it known. The pay is sub par. RUN!!

Pros

Cons

Too many to list!

Great Place To Work

Its a competitive industry and Sistar goes the extra mile for their borrowers as well as their team! They have expanded their corporate team and continue to open new branches across the nation. Watching the company grow has really been an amazing thing to witness and be a part of. We all work extremely hard to give our borrowers the best mortgage experience whether its refinancing or a first time buyer! Sistar is only getting better!!

Production Manager

Great team to work with. Timings are flexible. It is the focus of Sistar Mortgage to Serve the customers in best possible way. Management listens and implements all suitable ideas.

Pros

Flexibility, Everyone's opinion counts.

Very challenging work environment

It was average company to work with. I realized that it is typical mom and pop shop soon after joining them. Every decision on pricing, approval had to go through specific group of people. That was really scary situation as it was delaying the process and you could not make decisions while you are in business meetings with clients, independently.

N/a

Small Company with great opportunities ahead. The culture is very family oriented and the environment is friendly and welcoming. Ownership goes above and beyond for their clientele.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Sistar Mortgage. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.4 out of 5 stars for Compensation/Benefits