Sisters Of Charity Hospital Employee Reviews

busy fast paced work with an rewording ending
Food Service Worker (Former Employee) –  Buffalo, NYNovember 8, 2018
i typical day for an food attended is very trying and can be a hand full fist i have to dress up shirt n tie tucked in hair nets beard nets and gloves and somtimes gowns depending on what floor i had to cover i will start by running to each room on my list check inn and seeing who is up and ready to place and ticket for meals then ill collect all my rooms and they orders and get them down to be cooked i will do about 10 trays per cart and then ill place my tickets once thats done and ill move on too my next 10 or so all togather ill say about 51 rooms per day and ill make about five trips following all hospital diets and code laws for as clear fluids only solid food low fat restrictons
Pros
lunch tickets when rewords are given
Cons
strict time and attendance no smokein or drugs place
Good company to work for
Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Buffalo, NYOctober 9, 2018
I enjoy working for this company. They have a valued compassion for the community that they serve. They recognize their employees for outstanding commitment.
They are a okay place to work
Transport (Former Employee) –  Buffalo, NYSeptember 28, 2018
Gets the bills paid and help poeple

Help people through tough times

Make it easier for staff to save lives

They try to help you through any problems
Great place to work for
Nurse Assistant (Former Employee) –  Cheektowaga, NYJune 29, 2018
It's a great place to work for. You get the feeling of accomplishment after helping out a patient. I worked in the ambulatory/surgery section and the patients were really nice. Some were easy to calm down if they were nervous about surgery.
Pros
Discounted meals in the cafeteria, not in one place all the time
Cons
Time would sometimes be slow depending on how many surgeries were scheduled
Striving to compete in healthcare - caring workers
RN Perioperative Nurse (Former Employee) –  Cheektowaga, NYJune 21, 2018
i loved working in The Operating Room and especially loved my fellow employees. We worked hard together. Our patient was always the most important person in the room!
Pros
Easy commute
Cons
A lot of changes in management in the OR
great atmosphere, very friendly staff.
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Buffalo, NYApril 23, 2018
Sisters was a fantastic place to work. The friendly, caring, compassionate staff made it a great place to work. Patient care is above the rest. I would reccomend Sisters to anyone seeking medical care or employment.
Volunteering experience
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Buffalo, NYApril 22, 2018
I had a very good experience volunteering with this hospital. I mostly interacted with elderly and talked to them and kept them company. Everyone was very nice and friendly and a pleasure to work with.
Nice people and nice places
INTERNSHIP (Former Employee) –  Buffalo, NYMarch 12, 2018
I am a person who is eager to help others, but sometime I was afraid to talk. In the place, the nurses teach me that I should try to talk with patients and understand them. Fortunately, either nurses or patients are all nice and friendly. Patients are likely to talk themselves and I would like to be their listener. Patience is my advantage which makes patients like to talk with me. Staying with these people are my most enjoyable part of the job.
Pros
patient, listener, organized
Cons
lack of energy
volunteer
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Buffalo, NYFebruary 1, 2018
great experience, learned a lot about the politics in the healthcare field, nurses, aide were bit rude at times, the hospital is decent..............
Pros
free lunch
great place to learn
Cook (Current Employee) –  Buffalo, NYJanuary 16, 2018
Fast pace work place.There is know hard part to the job when you love what your doing . You can learn a lot of different things from batch cooking to line cooking that's what I love about it just trying to earn a higher pay.
Family atmosphere
RN Staff Nurse Float/ OR/ CCU (Former Employee) –  Buffalo, NYJanuary 15, 2018
This job required me to float throughout the hospital which allowed my experience to become vast and proficient. Each area of the hospital was welcoming and enthusiastic. This hospital provides a learning environment to their employees to encourage best practices.
Pros
Each day was a new challenge
Cons
Each day was a new challenge
Nice hospital, good money
Registered Nurse 3W (Current Employee) –  Buffalo, NYNovember 5, 2017
Love the workplace, great doctors and nurses to work with, plenty of really solid management leaders.Good with giving a decent schedule and getting the time off necessary.
N/a
Tim Hortons (Former Employee) –  Buffalo, NYOctober 20, 2017
I work in sister hospital for Tim Hortons it was a fast pace job it was a exciting place to work I think the best part of the job was helping others and helping customers management was always great but I always worked around it and made sure my job was done but for the most part it was enjoyable
Cons
a very hostile environment for male workers.
Exercise Physiologist (Former Employee) –  Buffalo, NYOctober 17, 2017
it's a total girl's club that operates on who you know, who you suck up to and who you give gifts to. the pay is on the low end of vocation scale, but the healthcare benefits are top notch.
Internship Experience at Cardiac Rehab Team
Internship (Former Employee) –  Buffalo, NYOctober 15, 2017
Had an excellent patient EP ratio, first ever internship experience in US. Excellent teaching place with great staff, willing to help in every aspect of the internship.
Pros
Free lunch meal every day
Cons
n/a
Temporaty
Student Nurse / Clinical Rotations (Former Employee) –  Buffalo, NYOctober 3, 2017
I did my clinical rotation in the mother/baby unit and labor and delivery. I learned a lot from the nurse I shadowed. All the workers on the units seemed genuinely happy being there.
nice place to work but poor management
Maintenance Worker (Current Employee) –  Buffalo, NYAugust 30, 2017
poor management, hard to advance. great co-workers and benefits. most of the work place culture is positive and up beat. They are doing a lot there to improve the appearance of the hospital
volunteer
Volunteer (Dietary Assistant) (Former Employee) –  Buffalo, NY 14214August 3, 2017
this was a good place to volunteer... they provide you with free lunch and the hours are very flexible. you are able to meet interesting people in the unit
See below
LPN Staff Nurse (Current Employee) –  LTCJune 7, 2017
I love my residents and most staff. Management is very cunning and likes to work their staff with the bare minimum They also lack personal compassion.
Pros
Union based contract
Cons
Short staffing.Management not hearing staffs needs
Nurse Assistant (Former Employee) –  Buffalo, NYMay 18, 2017
I loved my position as a nurse aide at SOCH. The staff is very friendly and the hospital is clean. Everyone worked together as a team from hospitality and environmental services all the way up through the nursing staff.
Pros
great co-workers, good benefit package
Cons
hard to say