Play YouTube video button

Sitel Employee Reviews

Found 4,674 reviews matching the search See all 8,396 reviews
Featured review
Sitel selected this as a representative review
A place where you will receive the development needed to take your career to the next level.
Learning & Development Specialist (Former Employee) –  Starkville, MSJanuary 15, 2012
SITEL Corporation is a wonderful company to work for. The company is built on a firm foundation. You will receive both personal and professional development. You are given a learning plan for success that will allow you to build on your skills and knowledge. You are empowered through the company's vision, passion, and purpose. While working for SITEL Corporation, I found my vision- Helping Others, my passion- Training and Developing Associates, and Purpose- To help others in coming to terms with their individual greatness.
Avoid at any and all costs.
Member Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Amarillo, TXMarch 19, 2019
You would be better off working at Swift or Tyson, or anywhere else for that matter.
People frequently leave here to go work fast food, for more money and better working conditions.
Upper management has blatant favorites. Coaches rarely do anything except Facebook and refuse to take escalated calls. Spending excessive amounts of time out on the smoke deck. Good luck getting your weekly evaluation.
This is a MISERABLE place to get stuck at.
Best of luck actually getting to use your accumulated paid time off. That process is a slap in the face and an insult.

The base pay is the lowest out of all call centers in Amarillo. The opportunity for actually getting your " pay for performance" has been totally eliminated in the last year. You can not afford to work here.
Pros
Health insurance is offered
Cons
Too many to list
Great company
HR (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNMarch 19, 2019
I loved my time at SItel. Great leadership and coworkers were like family. I worked many long hours but our department and coworkers made it enjoyable.
Very productive hardworking competitive work place
Costumer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  MississippiMarch 18, 2019
Enjoyed the different atmosphere when assisting costumers an helping them with there issues I enjoyed the benefits as long as you keep to your self an do your work you are good to go
Pros
Enjoyed the different feel
Cons
Keep to your self an focus on your job
Fast paced
Agent/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Starkville, MSMarch 18, 2019
A typical day at sitel consisted of me clocking in, logging in to my computer and phone, Logging onto many applications, and beginning my daily operations of answering calls from disgruntled customers with little time in between.
Cons
Being required to pitch a sell to angry customers.
Favoritism// Unfair and Biased
Call Center Coach (Former Employee) –  Pompano Beach, FLMarch 18, 2019
This company is by far waste of time. A typical work day is a drag and very boring. The Agents are more fun to interact with than the Management. Also it is Ghetto as they allow color weaves, piercings, slides, flip flops etc. They only say something about it if they feel like it
Pros
1 hour lunch
Cons
Parking is across the street
Good Salary, Poor Worklife-balance, Extremely political
Vice President (Former Employee) –  MiamiMarch 18, 2019
There is very frequent cost-cutting related job reductions and eliminations. The work environments is extremely political with frequent finger-pointing and totally non-collaborative.

The only reason people stick around is the pay.
Terrible company.
anonymous (Former Employee) –  Knoxville, TNMarch 17, 2019
If it was possible to give less than 1 star, I would have. This company does not want anyone innovative, they want robots. You are not permitted to think outside the box, and growth is stunted. The site director is a joke who treats his friends better than everyone else. The whole place is a joke.
Cons
Poor management, very unorganized, very dishonest leadership.
team work
citizen (Former Employee) –  Knoxville, TNMarch 15, 2019
I was a online banking tech so I help people with their bank accounts and their needs with online banking it was a great place to work for if you need help they was there to help you had a lot of training for your job and on hand help as well
Pros
healthcare team work
Nice employees
Customer Service Agent - Call Center (Former Employee) –  Knoxville, TNMarch 13, 2019
I didn't care for their training classes. After the 3rd week of class, you're thrown into the call center and have to log onto about 8 to 10 programs in a 10 minute span on an antiquated computer, which could be done if the computer didn't freeze up so often or kept kicking you out of the systems.
Pros
Not far from my home
Cons
Poor training
csr
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Norman, OKMarch 13, 2019
This place was my 1st call center experience
I had worked there several years and really enjoyed some of the enviroment, management then changed and became a little more difficult to enjoy the job but loved serving the customers
Some days were more stressful than others but if you knew what you were doing it was pretty fun.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Norman, OKMarch 13, 2019
The job isn't for everybody. Some people don't like sitting in a chair all day and some people get real upset by customers who are upset or even rude. Those things did not bother me. I enjoyed helping people and working with my coworkers.
Pros
Working with great people.
Cons
It could be stressful. Especially when customers call you stupid or things of that nature.
Production
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Andalusia, ALMarch 13, 2019
Sitel is a fun friendly environment.its a quick paste environment, your able to advance and move up in positions .you're schedule is flexible sometimes. But management is not all that great.
Pros
Pto, 401k, vacationing
Cons
Short lunch
Online customer service representative
Online Customer Service representative (Former Employee) –  San Angelo, TXMarch 12, 2019
Assisted with online capital one accounts. Very busy, can be stressful but keeps you on your toes. You learn how to multi-task and have patients with people who are extremely frustrated. you learn key words to help calm the situation
Productive and challenging
Billing Specialist (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVMarch 11, 2019
I found Working At Sitel a challenge in that I'm one who enjoys finding reasonable solutions to customers problems. My personal goal was to ensure the customer left with everything they needed to move forward.
Pros
Excellent work Environment
Cons
Had to travel to far from my desk to take a break.
Productive fun work place
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Bogalusa, LAMarch 9, 2019
I enjoyed booking cruises. Loved being able to help people go one dream vacations. Enjoyed working for gateway helping people is always fun. Great starter job.
Pros
Steady work
Cons
No able to pick sechdule
Call center fun environement
Coach (Former Employee) –  Painted Post, NYMarch 9, 2019
Horrible place to work. Untrained management and complete chaos. Lack of training for every staff from and agent to management. Everyone just seems to kind of be winging it.
Fun, relaxed, kind of stressful.
Representative (Former Employee) –  Ocala, FLMarch 7, 2019
Working with multiple people a day with their computers was fun. It's easy to get along with everyone and the clients. For the most part. I learned how to deescalate people from being angry. It was nice to help those who didn't understand. But some days were better than others.
Pros
Breaks!
Cons
Steady paced, sometimes boring
call center
Technical Support (Former Employee) –  Augusta, GAMarch 4, 2019
this I my first call center job and I really learned a lot about being in a call center. I would say that if you like to talk and people and solve issues this is the job for you
not the best company to work for
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Pompano Beach, FLMarch 4, 2019
8 hours of dealing with rude/unsatisfied customers. unprofessional workplace, no flexibility with scheduling. dead end job, save yourself the time and do not apply.
Pros
2 paid breaks
Cons
no flexiblility with scheduling, no paid sick days
Was a great job
Customer Service Rep/ Sales (Former Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMMarch 4, 2019
this was a great company to work for everyone treats you like a team member. they care about your needs and they always lend a helping hand! you will be surrounded by amazing people.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Sitel. Our community is ready to answer.

52.3K

Comparably
Diversity Score
TOP20%
In the Top 20% of similar size companies

The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at Sitel.

Powered by Comparably