Sitel Employee Reviews

Found 4,440 reviews matching the search See all 7,884 reviews
Good starter job for a student
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Las Cruces, NMOctober 15, 2018
Unfortunately, the location I used to work at is no longer there, but it was a fun place to work. I mostly enjoyed the job, with the benefits and bonuses. I do recommend this job if you're looking for something flexible
Started out awesome then the company sold out to overseas management and it became an absolute nightmare
CAMBRIA ELITE TEAM REAERVATION AGENT/SME (Former Employee) –  Work at HomeOctober 14, 2018
Only do what you are paid to do in this company going the extra mile or trying to be the stand out gets you nowhere but overworked and underpaid would be my number one tip for anyone working in this campaign. Second tip would be to trust no one especially management they are the last resort in this place. In my experience I worked for this campaign for 3 years and I absolutely adored my job when it came to the duties and my teammates however when the campaign completely went to nothing but overseas management it became a nightmare for everyone. There was truly some bad stuff happening here. I finally got myself and some others out and so glad I did. It was like a million pounds of stress was lifted from me that I really didn’t realize I had been carrying. From what I understand this particular campaign is recently closed however the company has many more to offer. I for one will not be an applicant there but if you are just be wise and stand up for yourself. After working at this company and realizing that working at home is legitimate I now know the ropes. Sitel is one of the lowest paying work at home companies out there so check your options. Yes working at home is legit with real work real pay and real benefits but find a good place to establish yourself cause there’s lots of opportunities. I didn’t realize this when I accepted my job at Sitel. I accepted the job with them because I was in the mindset of is it too good to be true and they supply the equipment. Well it is true and most all places supply your equipment for a lot better wages bonuses and benefits. If you do  more... go with Sitel I know not all their campaigns are bad so good luck to you. However my experience would keep me from giving this company a recommendation to anyone.  less
Pros
Best office in the world, awesome dress code, I kept The one that made it all worth it, no gas bill, made some lifelong friends, top notch feedback, nap at lunch lol, loved the work itself, loved my customers, loved the hotels I worked with
Cons
Management is horrible insufficient and uneducated, communication gap between employees and management, constant tech issues, bonuses and prizes not paid, unethical managers, hours can change while you are working your shift, favoritism is horrible, coaches that do nothing
My Sitel Experience
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Lake City, FLOctober 14, 2018
Overall i enjoyed working at sitel. The environment was relaxed ant the management were nice people to work with along with the wage and work hours being a good amount for such job.
Happy employee
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Pompano Beach, FLOctober 13, 2018
I had a great experience working for Sitel! The managers were nice. The hours were flexible. The people they chose to hire was not a good choice. Overall I was happy being there
Okay
Call Center Representative (Seasonal) (Former Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMOctober 13, 2018
It was hectic and busy it was a bit hard to get a hold of anyone. You are constantly being reviewed after calls which would caise pressure and some stress.
worst company ever
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  North CarolinaOctober 12, 2018
this job is a scam this company is a scam. they pay you less than 9$ to start and then your first 5 checks are for around 6.50 an hr. they lie waste your time. have you working 60+ hrs a week for a 100$ pay check after taxes. dont do it!!!! should be illegal what this company does.
Pros
Cons
everything
Was a good company to work for.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Milford, DEOctober 12, 2018
sitel was a good company to work for and had great managers. enjoyed working at thd company and till it started loosing customers and eventually went out of business.
This was a very stressful place to work.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Painted Post, NY 14870October 12, 2018
Opened your computer and scripts, signed not all your programs and started taking calls. It's hard to keep everyone happy when it come to products. Management is usually to busy to help so you count on team leaders. The hardest part was dealing with irate customers. Ad the most enjoyable part was when you could take care of an issue and the customer was ecstatic and gave you a kudos!!
Pros
We got to work extra hours on the weekends giving us overtime pay.
Cons
There wasn't enough people on the floor to help you and they had attitude when you did ask for help.
Very Fast Paced and Stressful
Inbound Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Milford, DEOctober 11, 2018
I was an Inbound Customer Service Representative that took calls effectively and efficiently for Starbucks. Until my health failed I was there every time I was scheduled and several shifts I was not.
Pros
Good Benefits
Cons
very Stressful
I loved it!
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Ocala, FLOctober 11, 2018
When I was there the people were great and if I didn't have to move I would have stayed. They did everything they could to work with you if needed. If you needed help someone was there to assist. Management wanted everyone to succeed. If you are looking for a good job environment and decent pay. I highly recommend.

Want to know more about Sitel?

Ask a question
Place of business
Customer Service Professional (Former Employee) –  San Angelo, TXOctober 10, 2018
Wonderful place to work. They really work on making sure you can enjoy your work life as much as your home life. They dont expect you to give your whole life to sitel. They really work with you on schedules and if you have a medical problem
Cut throat phone answering
Call Center Representative (Former Employee) –  Oak Ridge, TNOctober 10, 2018
Not a place for a long term job. The training is sub standard and to short. They will put you on the floor after 1 week of training and then drop you to the wolves.
Nonr
Teacher assistant (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVOctober 9, 2018
It was fun working there . I’ll do it all again if I can . Just wasn’t paying enough . I need something better for me and my family . Great work environment
Sitel summary
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMOctober 9, 2018
It's a call center and you would have to be tech savvy to get this job. They due demand mandatory overtime hours depending on the campaign you are on and try to run a tight ship. The only thing is sometimes they won't be able to help you because the mass amount of calls you are getting.
Pros
Discounts on different software and services.
Cons
Short breaks and must handle your time well.
Good people to work around and great customers.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Oak Ridge, TNOctober 9, 2018
Was a great place to help out with the military and make sure that there needs was taken car of. I took insurance claims and helped getting cars into shops. I answered questions on open claims or transferred to adjuster.
Pros
Great work environment.
Cons
Poor management
A straightforward job with decent benefits, very soul draining.
Pay was good, but work is not rewarding and it can get very stressful because of how busy it can be.
You will take call for 5 hours, take a lunch for an hour, take calls for another 5 hours.
There is virtually no difference from day to day and can get very tiring.
Pros
Great pay and benefits
Cons
Not enjoyable in any way, causes lots of stress
na
Customer Services Representative (Current Employee) –  Starkville, MSOctober 8, 2018
Sitel is okay job. The pay is okay. You do get paid based on your performs. Management could be a little better. Need to do better with the hiring feels very overstaff.
Call center rep
Call Center Agent (Former Employee) –  Augusta, GAOctober 8, 2018
So my expierence working with Sitel was bitter sweet. Because I loved working with the customers over the phone and assisting them but the actually work place environment is horrible. The mananging staff is unprofessional and they do not care for their employees. Would not recommend to anyone.
AT&T Call Center
Customer Service Agent - Call Center (Former Employee) –  Ocala, FLOctober 8, 2018
I enjoyed taking the many phone calls they had coming in as it made the nights go by quickly. I enjoyed the people I worked with and around. I enjoyed assisting customers with their needs with their phones and international ways to use their phones.

It was fun working there until AT&T pulled their business from them and we lost our jobs. We were given a couple of weeks notice there.
Pros
Speaking with and helping customers with their phoe needs and international care
Cons
AT&T pulling out of the call center
Opportunities to Advance!!!
HR RECRUITING COORDINATOR (Former Employee) –  Glasgow, KYOctober 8, 2018
Great place to work if you want a career and not just a job!
They donate to many different charities in our community.
They participate in the Learn & Earn program-WKU.
Pros
Fun & Friendly Enviroment
Cons
Pay

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Sitel. Our community is ready to answer.

52.1K
42.2K
32K

Diversity score

72out of 100

The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at Sitel.

Powered by Comparably