SiteOne Landscape Supply Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Family owned until sale to Site One
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAMay 12, 2018
I have worked with Hydro Scape Products for 25 years and enjoyed the fact it was family owned. Site One is a very large company and things will change. I really did like working at the company and it was very difficult for me to have to move on.
Customer Satisfaction
Branch Manager (Former Employee) –  Fresno, CAMay 4, 2018
I never worked for Site One Landscape. The company John Deere Landscapes got bought out by Site one. Therefore I really cant say how things changed after the buy out.
Pros
Discounts on items. Good benefit package w/ JD
Cons
Salary not sufficient for the amount of hours required.
Not a great place to work
Credit & Collections Analyst II (Former Employee) –  Alpharetta, GAApril 24, 2018
Worked there when it was John Deere Landscapes. Treated everybody as a child instead of an Adult. Would have been different is work was not getting done.
Busy at times overall a decent place
Equipment Operator (Current Employee) –  Rocky Mount, VAApril 13, 2018
Always changing adapt or you wont like it much you will work multiple jobs and you will be expected to do anything they ask even if you've never done it before
Pros
Paid Time off
Cons
To many rules
Stay Away!
Store/Nursery Manager (Former Employee) –  New JerseyApril 12, 2018
Horrible business practices. More concerned about their margins so there is a LOT of waste. Will hire you as a manager, promise you the world, but you're just labor because they don't hire enough yard workers. You'll offload trucks all day and don't expect help. No team players found here. Watch your back! HR nightmare!
Pros
Not many. Good pay but doing twice the work
Cons
Too many to list
productive workplace
Logistics Operator/Certified Forklift Driver (Former Employee) –  San Jose, CAApril 12, 2018
productive workplace, great people, the management was fair with everyone, we were busy all day which makes it great because time goes very fast and I had a great team, we helped each other.
Pros
great benefits
Cons
no cons
Accounting Associate/ Acquisition Specialist (Former Employee) –  Troy, MIApril 6, 2018
Progressive company that is cutting edge. Great leadership and very team oriented. Lot's of opportunities to pursue within the organization.

Every company has opportunity for improvement and this company is no exception. The culture is to embrace the things that need improving and then lay out a plan and execute the plan to get better,
work work
Worker (Former Employee) –  MIMarch 25, 2018
A typical day at work. What you learned. Management and workplace culture. The hardest part of the job. The most enjoyable part of the job. Your company.
Branch Manager (Current Employee) –  Boston, MAFebruary 26, 2018
You are in control of your destiny. You can work your butt off and move up a little bit or you can just be status quo and stay employed there. The company has great health insurance. They don't really understand the seasonality of our business in cold climates and react to it as if it is our fault. The company is growing by acquisition through some huge deals and buying out the competition.
Pros
Great if your a people person
Cons
becoming very corporate
Great career starter, that is it.
Employee (Current Employee) –  Troy, MIFebruary 23, 2018
Great place to work when you're just starting in a particular field. Not somewhere to work if you are looking for advancement. There is absolutely no room to grow within this company.
under staffed
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Livermore, CAFebruary 15, 2018
branched i worked at was under staffed. it was hard to complete tasks and get work done. Branch manager was amazing. Same with the co-workers. But the team was a skeleton crew
Pros
worked with great people
Cons
unstaffed
the review
Sales/Driver/Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Daphne, ALFebruary 14, 2018
It was a great place to work. I unloaded and loaded trucks and mainly used the forklift. I also opened and closed the store at certain times and drove deliveries to different parts of the city and surrounding areas.
Pros
healthcare benefits
Cons
pay?
Am fortunate to have great bosses to work for.
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Aston, PAFebruary 11, 2018
When it's full bore busy, everybody pulls together, we work as a team and get the job done.
When it slowes a little, we can take a brake and have a cup of coffee together.

Hardest part of the job is when we are busy with customers and have 4 delivery trucks in line to be unloaded!

The most enjoyable part of the job is interacting with the different customers.
Fun workplace
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Largo, FLJanuary 24, 2018
It's a great place to work and good. you just have to worry about corporate bringing people in and then going behind management back and get me fired
Pros
Great atmosphere to work in great people great benefits
Cons
Sneaks
Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Nashville-Davidson, TNJanuary 24, 2018
I'm not allowed to speak of my job unless it's in a positive manner. I signed a contract that I could bad mouth the company. It was a good job at first. I just think the company figured it would be better to firer me instead of hold on to me as an employ
Great Place! Good Management!
E-Marketing Manager (Former Employee) –  Troy, MIDecember 14, 2017
SiteOne gives you the opportunity to succeed and gives you challenging and enjoyable projects to extend your career.

I would recommend SiteOne to anyone applying.
Great Employer
Analyst (Current Employee) –  Roswell, GANovember 15, 2017
SiteOne Landscape Supply is a great place to work! The leadership of this company is excellent and the growth to come is exciting! Definitely, a world-class leader in their industry!
wonderful
Purchasing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Troy, MINovember 10, 2017
I work on a computer daily, sitting in a cube. the company is great but a lot of the people are had to get along with. there is a lack of communication and that causes stress. Looking to do something new, tired of office work.
Great place to work, got too big, poorly managed
Irrigation Manager (Former Employee) –  North Kansas City, MONovember 7, 2017
I worked at John Deere Landscapes for six years. The first five I had great success increasing sales. The last year I had no idea who was in charge. Management started pushing brands that gave them the best deal. I sold irrigation products to contractors regardless of what brand THEY preferred. I will not play politics with management or customers. I sell what customers want, not what upper Management see's as more beneficial. Too big for their britches. Note the name change.
Benefits
Fast paid sales job
Branch Manager (Former Employee) –  Brunswick, OHNovember 6, 2017
Enjoyed working with fellow employees and customs. Spring , Summer and Fall are fast paced and enjoyable. Winter is slow and can make you stir crazy.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at SiteOne Landscape Supply. Our community is ready to answer.

Women's ratings

3.0Fairygodboss Score

50%say women are treated fairly and equally to men

50%would recommend to other women

Fairygodboss provides free job reviews for women, by women.

Powered by Fairygodboss