SiteOne Landscape Supply Employee Reviews

best job ever
Delivery Driver, S&R, Load & Unload (Former Employee) –  Englewood, COAugust 5, 2018
I wish I could still work here, but I had to move out of state. There were no job openings at the location in the state where I moved to. Very nice managers, very nice co workers, very good pay and benefits. Fun place to work.
Great job
Customer Service Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Aston, PAJuly 30, 2018
I loved working at siteone. It honestly was the best job I’ve had and it was enjoyable to go to work every day. From the crew I worked with to the manager we had our team was a family.
Glorified CSR with No GLORY
Credit Analyst II (Former Employee) –  Alpharetta, GAJuly 25, 2018
Standard work , not difficult or challenging. The culture is very stressful and non rewarding considering the sacrifice , dedication and time given to management. The environment is oppressive from the head down to the managers . Unrewarding, unrecognized talent . Unappreciated efforts and self motivated , clickish environment . Where is not what you do but who likes you! Sad but true . High Turn Over both Ways !
Pros
Pay
Cons
Everything Else
Current management has negatively impacted company culture.
Regulatory Specialist (Current Employee) –  Cleveland, OHJuly 22, 2018
I have worked for this company for over 17 years in various full time hourly/supporting rules. Recent management changes have made it difficult to understand and execute some job expectations. Future growth opportunities with this company are limited.
Pros
Good medical and dental benefits, longevity, company is a leader in the turf care industry; competitive salary.
Cons
Limited growth opportunities, long commute job expectations not always clear, challenging management
Good workers and good people just a lack of people for the job
Warehouse Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Wichita, KSJune 27, 2018
I was there 4 years and learned a lot and did many different tasks for siteone landscaping I feel another hand at the store would best help them keep up to there weekly tasks they need to complete
Pros
Free lunches sometumes
Cons
30 min lunch no time really eat lumch
Very intense and fast paced work environment.
Fleet & Procurement Specialist (Former Employee) –  Roswell, GAJune 21, 2018
If you are looking for a company that offer a balanced work-life SiteOne is not the company for you. The salary employees in my department usual worked from 8-5 in the office and then went home and worked remotely until midnight. They also worked weekend. If you were not willing to put in the extra hours needed they would fire you for not meeting expectations. They do not have enough employees to make working there an enjoyable environment.
Pros
Can work from home.
Cons
They are understaffed but refuse to hire more employees due to budget.
Great place to work if you answer to the right manager and or area president.
Irrigation Consultant/ Sales (Former Employee) –  Jupiter, FLMay 30, 2018
I really loved this job my store manager was awesome. Unfortunately he suffered a career ending stoke and the area president intervened as temporary manager and denied me three opportunities for advancement in a different market. We had a personality conflict that he was not willing to work around even after I increased sales by 800%, very corporately political. I later found out that I was not his only victim and he was demoted, but that did not get me or the others reinstated.
Pros
Decent compensation, great benefits, overall good work environment
Cons
Corporate politics
Way to top heavy!! All about the shareholders!
Shipper/Receiver (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAMay 29, 2018
Cut the corporate bloat!! Understaffed, building to small, no delivery truck, no way to grow business in the branch! Stop buying up every smaller company and start putting money into what you have already!
Family owned until sale to Site One
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAMay 12, 2018
I have worked with Hydro Scape Products for 25 years and enjoyed the fact it was family owned. Site One is a very large company and things will change. I really did like working at the company and it was very difficult for me to have to move on.
Customer Satisfaction
Branch Manager (Former Employee) –  Fresno, CAMay 4, 2018
I never worked for Site One Landscape. The company John Deere Landscapes got bought out by Site one. Therefore I really cant say how things changed after the buy out.
Pros
Discounts on items. Good benefit package w/ JD
Cons
Salary not sufficient for the amount of hours required.
Not a great place to work
Credit & Collections Analyst II (Former Employee) –  Alpharetta, GAApril 24, 2018
Worked there when it was John Deere Landscapes. Treated everybody as a child instead of an Adult. Would have been different is work was not getting done.
Busy at times overall a decent place
Equipment Operator (Current Employee) –  Rocky Mount, VAApril 13, 2018
Always changing adapt or you wont like it much you will work multiple jobs and you will be expected to do anything they ask even if you've never done it before
Pros
Paid Time off
Cons
To many rules
Stay Away!
Store/Nursery Manager (Former Employee) –  New JerseyApril 12, 2018
Horrible business practices. More concerned about their margins so there is a LOT of waste. Will hire you as a manager, promise you the world, but you're just labor because they don't hire enough yard workers. You'll offload trucks all day and don't expect help. No team players found here. Watch your back! HR nightmare!
Pros
Not many. Good pay but doing twice the work
Cons
Too many to list
productive workplace
Logistics Operator/Certified Forklift Driver (Former Employee) –  San Jose, CAApril 12, 2018
productive workplace, great people, the management was fair with everyone, we were busy all day which makes it great because time goes very fast and I had a great team, we helped each other.
Pros
great benefits
Cons
no cons
Accounting Associate/ Acquisition Specialist (Former Employee) –  Troy, MIApril 6, 2018
Progressive company that is cutting edge. Great leadership and very team oriented. Lot's of opportunities to pursue within the organization.

Every company has opportunity for improvement and this company is no exception. The culture is to embrace the things that need improving and then lay out a plan and execute the plan to get better,
work work
Worker (Former Employee) –  MIMarch 25, 2018
A typical day at work. What you learned. Management and workplace culture. The hardest part of the job. The most enjoyable part of the job. Your company.
Branch Manager (Current Employee) –  Boston, MAFebruary 26, 2018
You are in control of your destiny. You can work your butt off and move up a little bit or you can just be status quo and stay employed there. The company has great health insurance. They don't really understand the seasonality of our business in cold climates and react to it as if it is our fault. The company is growing by acquisition through some huge deals and buying out the competition.
Pros
Great if your a people person
Cons
becoming very corporate
Great career starter, that is it.
Employee (Current Employee) –  Troy, MIFebruary 23, 2018
Great place to work when you're just starting in a particular field. Not somewhere to work if you are looking for advancement. There is absolutely no room to grow within this company.
under staffed
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Livermore, CAFebruary 15, 2018
branched i worked at was under staffed. it was hard to complete tasks and get work done. Branch manager was amazing. Same with the co-workers. But the team was a skeleton crew
Pros
worked with great people
Cons
unstaffed
the review
Sales/Driver/Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Daphne, ALFebruary 14, 2018
It was a great place to work. I unloaded and loaded trucks and mainly used the forklift. I also opened and closed the store at certain times and drove deliveries to different parts of the city and surrounding areas.
Pros
healthcare benefits
Cons
pay?

Ask a question about working or interviewing at SiteOne Landscape Supply. Our community is ready to answer.

Women's ratings

3.0Fairygodboss Score

50%say women are treated fairly and equally to men

50%would recommend to other women

Fairygodboss provides free job reviews for women, by women.

Powered by Fairygodboss