SiteOne Landscape Supply Employee Reviews

great place to work, family environment
Warehouse/Transport Assistant (Former Employee) –  Plymouth, MIJanuary 23, 2019
-typical day was fast paced at times, several down times
-learned about keeping inventory, operating forklift, maximizing warehouse space
-management was great, very understanding, family environment
-very laid back culture, entire crew very approachable
-not a lot of hard duties
-the people were the most enjoyable part of the company, loved working with the entire crew
Pros
great place to learn warehousing skills and duties
Cons
the pay wasn't great, hours not flexible
Like every corporate environment
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  ConnecticutJanuary 14, 2019
Every store has a corporate environment that is run like a small business. Very stressful and uncaring of employees. Store managers tend to be very caring and helpful. Average day is a sprint until closing time. Store managers are expected to work overtime even though they are salary. Personal life must always take a backseat even for the smallest sale. Tends to hire outside the company rather than promote within.
Pros
Decent benefits and fair payment
Cons
Demagogues in upper management.
Poor management and long hours
Agronomic Department Manager (Former Employee) –  Richfield, OHJanuary 4, 2019
Management puts too much pressure on getting things done which equates to lack of personal time balance because of long hours. The company is not following labor law standards. The company settled with me on my overtime case based on categorizing incorrectly exempt status on overtime.

There are many hard working employees and teamwork efforts with peers, however management doesn't care how it gets done, get it done or get reprimanded, so employees will work long hours to not lose their job.
Pros
Good employees
Cons
Poor management
Great company - understaffed
Branch Manager (Former Employee) –  KansasNovember 6, 2018
I enjoyed my time with SiteOne. One of the biggest issues was the understaffed team. You never felt like you could take time away without putting a stress on other employees. The benefits from SiteOne are great! Health insurance is priced very well and 401k is a benefit you do not often see in the green industry.
Pros
Benefits, schedule
Cons
understaffed
My supervisor
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Livermore, CAFebruary 20, 2019
My supervisor was a micro manager. He wanted me to know a job that he had been doing for 15 okus years in a matter of months. I didn't feel supported by him. He would call the office gland pretend to be a customer just to test me
Cons
Under staffed, skeleton crew, pretty much covered 2 positions.
Not a good place to work
CSR - Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  CaliforniaOctober 14, 2018
We used to be a family owned buisiness our store was making less sales and we had a 9 men/ woman crew. Now since we got bought out store sales got increased by 30% and we are only a 6 men/ woman crew. They expect us to work more and increase sales by 5% every year. They say that its not in the budget to get more people.
Pros
Closed on sundays
Cons
Poor pay
Productive, fun place to work with a fast pace environment.
Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Sacramento, CANovember 26, 2018
Great place to work, awesome people and always something new to learn daily. Not the place to expect to have a career unless you are planning to become store manager or higher.
Pros
Discount on irrigation supply’s plus plant material
Cons
Low pay, lack of opportunity’s
High Turnoever
CSSR (Current Employee) –  Olathe, KS 66062December 17, 2018
Large company that acquires private businesses to expand their footprint in the market. Upper management is typical with any corporation and only looks at numbers rather than listen to employees. Devoted employees are overlooked for potential to move up and hiring from within is seldom.
Enjoyed my job, and met great people.
Credit Analyst (Former Employee) –  Roswell, GASeptember 20, 2018
Job is pretty simple and can be fun however often responsible in covering several peers work load at once for minimum pay rate. Credit department was always under alot of pressure from CFO and sales, we backed up the sales team but never got much team work in exchange from them.
Fun outdoor environment
Yard Laborer (Former Employee) –  McDonough, GADecember 10, 2018
Very relaxed atmosphere great guys to be around to work with side by side day in and day out not much room for growth inside the company due to lack of business in the industry
Pros
Guaranteed lunch
Cons
Inclimate weather
Glorified CSR with No GLORY
Credit Analyst II (Former Employee) –  Alpharetta, GAJuly 25, 2018
Standard work , not difficult or challenging. The culture is very stressful and non rewarding considering the sacrifice , dedication and time given to management. The environment is oppressive from the head down to the managers . Unrewarding, unrecognized talent . Unappreciated efforts and self motivated , clickish environment . Where is not what you do but who likes you! Sad but true . High Turn Over both Ways !
Pros
Pay
Cons
Everything Else
horrible place
Forklift operator/ Yard associate (Former Employee) –  Farmersville, CAFebruary 17, 2019
terriable place to work, makes you feel unappreciated. made us work threw our lunch times, treated us like we didn't know how to do our jobs, the sales rep would talk bad about us to customers
Current management has negatively impacted company culture.
Regulatory Specialist (Current Employee) –  Cleveland, OHJuly 22, 2018
I have worked for this company for over 17 years in various full time hourly/supporting rules. Recent management changes have made it difficult to understand and execute some job expectations. Future growth opportunities with this company are limited.
Pros
Good medical and dental benefits, longevity, company is a leader in the turf care industry; competitive salary.
Cons
Limited growth opportunities, long commute job expectations not always clear, challenging management
Great environment
Accounts Payable Clerk (Former Employee) –  Troy, MINovember 10, 2018
Great place to work. Friendly people. Excellent culture. Really good place to work and gain knowledge and grow . Fun working environment. Team environment.
Pros
People
Cons
Pay and benefits are not competitive
ok
Customer Sales & Service Rep (Former Employee) –  Bixby, OKJanuary 7, 2019
nice coworkers i guess. too much work no direction filthy environment cheap cheap cheap dirt plants mud no christmas bonus no raises cheap dirty sad frustrating
Pros
no pros all amatuer
Cons
mud
Industry Leader and innovator
Customer Sales and Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Marietta, GAJuly 17, 2018
SiteOne Landscape Supply(Formerly John Deere Landscape) is
a wonderful place to work in the landscape supply business. The corporate philosophy of continuous employee education and improvement makes every employee aware of the commitment to
employee safety and complete customer satisfaction.
Pros
Industry Leader
Cons
Challenging pay scale
Very intense and fast paced work environment.
Fleet & Procurement Specialist (Former Employee) –  Roswell, GAJune 21, 2018
If you are looking for a company that offer a balanced work-life SiteOne is not the company for you. The salary employees in my department usual worked from 8-5 in the office and then went home and worked remotely until midnight. They also worked weekend. If you were not willing to put in the extra hours needed they would fire you for not meeting expectations. They do not have enough employees to make working there an enjoyable environment.
Pros
Can work from home.
Cons
They are understaffed but refuse to hire more employees due to budget.
Great place to work if you answer to the right manager and or area president.
Irrigation Consultant/ Sales (Former Employee) –  Jupiter, FLMay 30, 2018
I really loved this job my store manager was awesome. Unfortunately he suffered a career ending stoke and the area president intervened as temporary manager and denied me three opportunities for advancement in a different market. We had a personality conflict that he was not willing to work around even after I increased sales by 800%, very corporately political. I later found out that I was not his only victim and he was demoted, but that did not get me or the others reinstated.
Pros
Decent compensation, great benefits, overall good work environment
Cons
Corporate politics
Good workers and good people just a lack of people for the job
Warehouse Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Wichita, KSJune 27, 2018
I was there 4 years and learned a lot and did many different tasks for siteone landscaping I feel another hand at the store would best help them keep up to there weekly tasks they need to complete
Pros
Free lunches sometumes
Cons
30 min lunch no time really eat lumch
Yard Associate (Former Employee) –  Knoxville, TNNovember 8, 2018
Outside work, could be very hard work at times. Can be very fast paced at times. Very nice people. Provides a lot of equipment need for the job at hand.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at SiteOne Landscape Supply. Our community is ready to answer.

Women's ratings

3.0Fairygodboss Score

50%say women are treated fairly and equally to men

50%would recommend to other women

Fairygodboss provides free job reviews for women, by women.

Powered by Fairygodboss