SiteOne Landscape Supply
Happiness rating is 57 out of 100

SiteOne Landscape Supply Employee Reviews

United States250 reviews

Repetitive work for minimal pay in a miserable ambiance

The company in general is great. However, the environment is unprofessional. One coworker is loud, obnoxious and inappropriate while the former manager-turned-coworker does nothing but support this child-like behavior.The other coworker is pessimistic. Everything is a complaint - life, job, tasks, etc.. When manager, they gave negative feedback/comments.There are no barriers or cubicles to separate. Also, very little to no growth in this department.As a first salary job, this was great. The work is easy and passes the time. If there were any other options, though, I would take it.

Pros

paycheck every week, flexible hours, overtime on occasion, casual/semi casual wear

Cons

coworkers, manager

Family oriented atmosphere

I enjoyed my time at John Deere Landscapes. Their was a family atmosphere which allowed each employee do his job.

Pros

Duties were outlined.

Cons

Hours were long sometimes.

SiteOne Landscape Supply insights

Areas for improvement
  • Sense of belonging
  • Trust in colleagues
  • Overall satisfaction

its a great place to work for

the workers are great i ve learned alot about this company. i like working with customers.

Pros

working with customer one on one

Cons

n/a

very good company with great integrity

JDL was a great company to work for and the people there are great.The management was some of the best I ever encountered.the economy was what put an end to the nursery side of the company.

Pros

benefits / management expertise

Cons

n/a

Outstanding

Loved working for this comapany, the were very uniform, and motivation towards a common goal as well as personal goals for future.

Pros

strong skills in mentoring

enjoyable

working with the many vendors to get payment.working with good people

Pros

free lunches

Great place to work with an awesome management team!

No 2 days were the same. The job was challenging but enjoyable. I had a great relationship with management. The department, as a whole, was a close group.

Fun work place

Day starts off with all hands on deck, busiest time of the day. Mostly would be loading businesses trucks with supplies and unloading supply trucks, Operating a forklift and moving pallets around and just keeping the warehouse clean. Management was great to work with. My co workers were awesome great guys with alot of stories to tell. the hardest part of the whole job was having to hand unload two or three full pallets of fertilizer each weighting 50 lbs in a matter of 30 mins. Driving and meeting other co workers at other stores and being able to driver all over for deliveries and pick ups.

Pros

good pay

Cons

no benefits, no paid holidays, no paid vacation, no paid sick days as ft seasonal

John Deere Landscapes was a great place of employment, I especially valued the employee relationships

A typical work day included: managed the policy and procedures for a multi-million dollar company, Coaching 17 employees with day to day business activities,approving new credit accounts, reviewing credit lines for increases or decreases. reporting, using credit bureau reports, manage collection calls daily.I learned about UCC-1 filings.We had the best management team in the industry from top to the bottom. My direct boss was very fair and you knew what the expectations of the job was. He was a very quite man, but very funny.I think the hardest part of the job was personnel's personal/family problems, that is more draining than the job itself.I really enjoyed the working relationships with the employees and the relationship with the customers.

Pros

heavily depended on with my industry experience, great mgmt team, i had a great group of employees

Cons

had to move back to texas

Fun and Uplifting but detail oriented.

This company was wonderful to work with which I learned alot of bookkeeping in the process. The co-workers and manager were all willing to add advice and help to further my training. Im sad it as only a temporary position.

Pros

working in the dirt

Cons

everyone was very friendly

Ask a question about working or interviewing at SiteOne Landscape Supply. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.3 out of 5 stars for Compensation/Benefits

Women's ratings

3.0Fairygodboss Score

50%say women are treated fairly and equally to men

50%would recommend to other women

Fairygodboss provides free job reviews for women, by women.

Powered by  Fairygodboss