Sittercity

Reviewer Recommended

Recommended Workplaces earn this badge by having an average star rating of 4.2 or higher in the last two years, and at least 10 reviews from Indeed users.

Sittercity Employee Reviews

You are a contractor and they will take advantage of that
Babysitter/Nanny (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILFebruary 5, 2019
I've seen signs of resentment if you do not have the full time to commit to the career and they flip the idea of creating your personally made schedule to be an inconvenience to them if you do not accept their newly made requirements. I was a top sitter while attending college and they wanted me to become a full-time worker with requirements that you work more on their schedule and you have to meet a minimum according to do. I could not accept this with the busy school/life schedule I had and I saw as a once great sitter that they lowered me in their priorities and almost tried to assign a punishment for that.
Cons
contractor
Baby sitter
Babysitter (Former Employee) –  Washington, PAJanuary 25, 2019
I love kids. im really good with them. and wish to have some some day. I want to help people like me that have problems. So i think working with kids will be a start.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
N\a
Home
Sales Executive (Former Employee) –  PakistanJanuary 21, 2019
I think we will meet and get together and we will share my experience and i will tell you what we should do andwhat will our next treatment and we should take care of our self and our babieshealth.
Pros
3 times morning breakfast, lunch and dinner
Cons
Tea and other something in fastfood
fun
Babysitting (Current Employee) –  Scotch Plains, NJJanuary 10, 2019
overall my experience was very well. The hours were very good due to me being a college student. I got to work with children, even special needs. I enjoyed it.
Work with your schedule
BABYSITTER (Former Employee) –  Columbia, MOJanuary 4, 2019
It was very exciting to work at SitterCity.com and it was easy to use. I could pick my own hours, and chose what worked best for myself. I also met kind, and nice parents that needed help taking care of their children, but sometimes it was on short notice. SitterCity.com connects you to specific families as well. During my time working here, I experienced very few issues overall. Working at SitterCity.com was very fulfilling, and was an entertaining job. But, since I worked part-time, most clients wouldn't respond back since they would rather have an nanny/babysitter to work full-time.
Pros
Flexibility, set your own prices, choose your own shifts
Cons
Inconsistency, need to constantly apply for jobs, minimum pay
online, work with your schedule
Babysitter (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXDecember 12, 2018
you choose what kids you want to take care of and when. a good way to get some easy cash if you have the qualifications. get fun easy activities with kids, know all allergies and dangers from parents immediately and know how to get kids to sleep fast
Pros
you choose your shifts
Cons
inconsistency
Bendable schedule and you pick your hours
Baby Sitter (Former Employee) –  Federal Way, WANovember 29, 2018
Very fun and you picked your hours and chose what was best for you! You get to meet very kind and nice parents that need help with taking care of their children, sometimes on short notice.
Super fun, well paying part time job
Childcare Provider (Current Employee) –  Omaha, NENovember 16, 2018
Sittercity connects you to specific families. I was a daily afterschool nanny, where I encountered very few issues overall. It was a fulfilling, entertaining job, although the hours were not flexible due to the nature of childcare.
Very Part Time Work, If Any
Nanny/Babysitter (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYOctober 19, 2018
So Sittercity provides a base in which you set up your own prices, put up pictures, and make a profile that stands out. The only downside is, most of the time you apply to potential clients, they don't respond back. I've been with Sittercity for about 8 years now, and have only gotten 1 full time nanny job and 1 part time babysitting job. As for pet care, I barely had one.
Pros
Flexibility; can set your own prices.
Cons
Not enough work; need to constantly apply to jobs.
Pet Sitting
Pet Sitter (Current Employee) –  Youngstown, OHOctober 18, 2018
One of the most wholesome, rewarding jobs I’ve ever had. Baby (the Pomeranian I watch over) have changed my whole entire perspective on special needs animal’s. I adore her.
Pros
Under the table pay, flexible schedules
Cons
Short shifts, not enough to make a living
Absolutely best job I've ever had
Nanny/Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Elmhurst, ILOctober 4, 2018
This family needed a caretaker for their 3 growing young boys, and instead of being just a nanny, I was immediently treated as one of the family. The bond that this family and I grew to have is indescribable. Years after I've stopped being their nanny, we are still very close, as they are now apart of my sons life. One of the most rewarding things I've done is he their nanny. I learned so many valuable lessons of responsibility respect and maturity through this family.
Great experience!
Full Time Nanny (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXAugust 22, 2018
I have always loved working with children, as I have 3 other siblings and a lot of cousins. I knew working as a nanny would be a good fit for me and I was correct! Aside from having to settle on the minimum amount of payment I would accept, the job was overall easy! The family I was placed with were the nicest people I'd ever met and their daughters were complete sweethearts. The oldest was a lot like me as a kid, talkative, vibrant and kind and just a little stubborn; which was cool with me because I love a challenge. The younger sister was a complete angel of a baby. Totally calm and easy to care for. Never had a problem with her during nap time, play time or anything. They were a joy to be around and made my first nannying experience a magnificent one.
Pros
friendly family, fun job
Cons
early hours, minimum pay
Stressful yet great experience
Babysitter (Former Employee) –  Tujunga, CAAugust 13, 2018
Being a babysitter for 2 kids under the age of 10 was stressful but definitely a learning experience and a substantial amount of responsibility. But I really did enjoy it because at the end of the day there was a great bond and they felt like family.
Pros
Flexible schedule
Great job search engine for hours that accommodated my school work schedule
Sales Representative/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Pound Ridge, NYAugust 7, 2018
Sitter City was a great temporary work website that allowed me to make my own hours and still be able to work and go to school at the same time. It's an overall great and well organized website.
Great fun environment
Babysitter/Nanny (Current Employee) –  Richmond, VAJuly 5, 2018
Great place to work for a college student who wants to pick there own schedule. It was a wonderful experience. You get to meet alot of different children from different backgrounds
Fun working n hardship
Babysitter (Former Employee) –  United StatesJune 11, 2018
it was hard day last week n i had sore feet n a sore back, i couldnt do any more cleaning n scrubbing the bathroom. i was planning on leaving there. i learned that its hard to communicate with people after you work a hard day. the most enjoyable part of my job was getting free lunches n taking long breaks.
Pros
free lunches
Cons
short breaks
Good
Nanny/Babysitter/Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLMay 29, 2018
Sittercity was great. i made connections I may not have had the opportunity to pursue had it not been for this site.

I met a lot of nice families that were very nice and accommodating with my work schedules.
Fun Work Place
Babysitter/Housekeeper (Current Employee) –  Laredo, TXMay 24, 2018
This was an amazing place to work for. I mean you make your own hours and you can work whenever you want. This was not a contract job or anything else, you would work when you wanted and didnt when you didnt want to.
The Best Babysitting Business.
Part Time Employee (Current Employee) –  Bradenton, FLMay 11, 2018
Sittercity allowed me to make my own schecdule,pick the families I desired to work for.
I learned about different way to says no and yes in professional ethics ways.
The hardest part of this field is having to say goodbye so soon, but, I’m praying for each family to be blessed.
The most enjoyable part was being able to be a part of a childs life and saw them happy.
Pros
Free Meals and Big Lesson
Cons
Isn’t benefits
Fun work place
Part-Time Sitter/Caregiver (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXMarch 28, 2018
I worked with awesome kids and parents, it was very relaxed and i enjoyed spending time with the kids. Honesly the hardest part of the job was if the parents had pets in there home, that was hard for me because I'm not much of a pet lover, I'm more on the scared side. Some times you had to cook for the kids and help with homework depending on if the parents wante you to or not.