Sittercity Employee Reviews

Low paying jobs
Sitter/Caregiver (Current Employee) –  New MexicoMarch 19, 2018
I have been on sittercity for a year as a full time pet sitter and nanny. I have 6 years + paid experience as well as a degree in education and 2 years as a full time teacher. I noticed right away the lack of jobs on the site, and lack of responses. You can apply to over 15 jobs and maybe get one response back from a future employer. Or you receive an email stating they have been removed from the site. More than anything, the childcare pay they offer is ridiculous, as low as $7 an hour for full time child care including cooking, cleaning etc. I am not quite sure why these parents think thats acceptable pay, but its not, nor would I want someone who is obviously only qualified enough to make 7 bucks an hour watching my child. I understand that some parents don't have the option to pay more, but they need to find a cheaper local program then. The average range is 7-10 an hour for full time care and its just not worth it. I moved to care.com and it is 100% better. My minimum pay is 15 an hour and more then about 70% of families already have there pay option set to $15 an hour.
Pros
Pet sitting available
Cons
Low pay, lack of jobs
Different but not completely safe
Babysitter (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAFebruary 11, 2018
It's really great when you find a family who is real and background checked themselves because it's not fair to check the sitters but not check the families they involve themselves with.
Pros
Quick jobs
Cons
Fraudulent families
Fun Website
Caregiver (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCFebruary 1, 2018
I loved the kids I worked with. The jobs were in abundance so work was never hard to find. I had alot of great children I was able to work with and help the develope
Great for college students
Nanny (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJanuary 27, 2018
It's great for college students. If the right family/kids are chosen then great things can happen. Flexibility is key in order to stay and grow with the childs needs as well as the families.
Pros
Able to do homework
Cons
Minimal hours
work
Personal Assistant (Former Employee) –  Mill Valley, CAJanuary 20, 2018
great place to find employment. anybody looking for a job and needs payment fast is the place to go. great place to go to make extra money on the side
fun
Babysitting (Former Employee) –  Copperas Cove, TXDecember 26, 2017
very relaxed and comfortable. Hours based of your schedule. scheduling very easy, nice and entertaining atmosphere. Employers very nice and reasonable,
Productive work place
Nanny (Current Employee) –  Parker, COOctober 11, 2017
Fast paced working environment, with flexible hours. I love working with the kids, and I have learned how to become more patient through the couple of years working here.
Pros
I am more patient
Cons
Uses up a lot of energy
Terrible treatment of sitter by company
Sitter (Former Employee) –  NJSeptember 27, 2017
I had an issue come up with my driving record. After 18 years of clean driving, I got one minor traffic ticket for speeding, which the police reduced to "careless driving", a lesser charge. The company considers this grounds for expulsion from their site, because they won't research or acknowledge that it's a LESSER ticket than speeding. After a great employment history and references, years of teaching and successful babysitting, I was kicked off the site. AND They emailed every member to tell them I was removed from the site. Even after spending hours on the phone both with the company, the background check company, and a letter sent to my municipal court that is pending. The families I sit for already are very happy with me (one of them from sittercity). Too bad the company can't be fair in their judgements. Waste of time and energy.
Pros
Some families may find you
Cons
Most won't pay much, and the company is 👎🏼
Working with Sittercity
Child caregiver (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILSeptember 14, 2017
Working with children is great. Great opportunity to teach kids and watch them grow. Everyday is different. Each day they figure out something new and exciting to learn..
Pros
Free lunches
Just started working with sittercity
Nanny (Current Employee) –  New York, NYSeptember 1, 2017
I not too long ago started with sittercity but so far I enjoy working for the company. They strive to match each individual with the best families and vice versa to accommodate everyone's needs.
Lead Quality Assurance Engineer (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILJune 28, 2017
Sittercity is a great place to work. Management is great as well. Company may be moving in a direction is don't necessarily agree with though. Great technology and great people.
Pros
Unlimited PTO, great manager, free food
Cons
Lay offs
Creative environment with something new every day
Nanny (Former Employee) –  Naperville, ILJune 27, 2017
Learned to manage and communicate with children about their needs and wants. Managed home and activities in a hectic and sometimes challenging atmosphere with perseverance and accountability. Expected to be responsible, caring and firm while maintaining structure and security.
Pros
Fun and enjoyable atmosphere
Cons
No opportunity for growth
Choose when you work.
Nanny and Pet Sitter (Former Employee) –  Kalamazoo, MIMay 3, 2017
Being a nanny is a very fulfilling job, it is fast paced and educational for everyone involved. Pet sitting is more of the relaxed part of the job because I love all animals and enjoy taking care of them.
Pros
Flexible hours
babysitter
Babysitter (Current Employee) –  Miami, FLMarch 9, 2017
Babysitter/ SitterCity
Look after all ages of children
Help with homework/tutor
Prep meals
pick ups after school and to special events
build strong bonds and communicate effectively with families
Great Company
Chime Recruiter (Current Employee) –  Washington City, DCMarch 1, 2017
Great company with room to grow. Managers are very open to new ideas and innovations. Managers also empower employees to try things out and make suggestions.
No real salary
Babysitting/Nanny (Current Employee) –  Staten Island, NYJune 4, 2016
In the environment and the family I worked for, there were no real rules which I feel didn't benefit the child or family. It's not a job to keep forever.
Safe, reliable venue to find parents in need of a nanny.
Professional Nanny (Current Employee) –  Smyrna, GAMay 16, 2016
The most challenging part about nannying is that there are no co-workers to bond with (aside from the childrens' parents when they come home from work.) However, I've had great relationships with many of the moms and dads I've worked for through Sittercity because the site does a pretty good job of helping nannies sift through to find kind and caring parents.

Nannying requires a lot of patience, but it's also incredibly rewarding. I love working with children AND seniors, and I'm grateful that Sittercity has always provided safe and reliable means to communicate with and interview families.
Good Job
Sitter/Caregiver (Current Employee) –  Clarksville, TNJanuary 27, 2016
The site was definitely easy for me to navigate and it landed me a job that a greatly enjoy. I found a great family to Nanny for. This job has definitely benefitted me in multiple ways.
Pros
Found local nanny positions available
Cons
None that I can think of
Fake Accounts
nanny (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, ALNovember 20, 2015
I keep receiving requests from people All over the world with bogus accounts. It's so annoying. I'd like to receive a legitimate job offer.
Sittercity is an innovative company that is very good to anyone who works for them
Member Services Representative (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILSeptember 3, 2015
I learn something new everyday while working for this company. I enjoy my co-workers and my management team. They are always presenting us with new challenges and opportunities to grow and obtain a new skill set.
Pros
Team lunch, outings, and constant team building
Cons
not a lot of room to grow