Six Flags, Inc. Employee Reviews

Found 4,782 reviews matching the search See all 5,001 reviews
Fun Place to work. Great Comrodery among co-workers
Landscaper (Current Employee) –  Gurnee, ILJanuary 7, 2019
We conduct routine maintenence on trees, shrubs, lawn areas, and flowers. We also take care of plants in our greenhouse. Through the years I have gained a solid work ethic, developed more efficiant ways of accomplishing various tasks, and an eye for gardening composition. My Imediate manager, overall, has been very involved in our work. However, Management on the Coorperate level can be greatly removed. In a park industry like six flags, there are many spontanious marketing promotions. It can be a great challange when the news of these promotions come too late. Despite these challanges, I have thoroughly enjoyed the comrodery and the privalage of making an amusmant park visually appealing.
Pros
comrodery, work is varied, consistant schedule
Cons
Employee benefits not adequate
Great first job for teens and young adults.
Security Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Township of Jackson, NJOctober 29, 2018
I was hired here at 14 and spent more than 10 years working there on and off work in 3 different departments, park services, rides, and security. it was a great first job learning about responsibilities and getting into the working force. However as a place designed for this it does become a temporary job not a career. No benefits offered, extremely low pay and very few job advancement opportunities. One major area of dislike is that they don not pay time and a half for hours worked past 40 hours, they found a loophole in the laws that says they don't have to not can't. That really leaves a bad taste in the mouth.
Pros
Good job for teens and young adults
Cons
pay and no benefits, does not pay time and a half for hours worked past 40
It has it's moments
Toll Plaza Team Member/Cashier (Current Employee) –  Valencia, CANovember 7, 2018
Although Six Flags has been a great place to work at, I must say that it is not the place to be if you are trying to make a career out of it. To start off, the hours you get in a day at rubbish, you are lucky of they give you a lunch, meaning, if you don't get a lunch, expect to just work 4.5 hours at most. Then you are sent home.
A lot of people do go to work and take pride in the park, but most of the hires are teenagers and young adults who are only there to make a few bucks and go home. So its very difficult to actually have a good balance in job morale when some put in more effort than others, but yet all make the same hourly rate.
Pros
Discounts, 401K
Cons
No paid vacation
Fun place to work!
Food's Team Member (Former Employee) –  Township of Jackson, NJFebruary 7, 2019
Six Flags was good in not making people stay after their given time to leave. If I needed a day off there was an app that made things easy to request off or even look at the days you were to work. There were many different races there. The best part about Six Flags were the benefits. If you were good at up-selling, which I was, then you got a reward. If you were on time and there everyday you would get a reward. However, one thing I personally did not like was that it would get hot so if you were not in the air and the sun was out, you will be hot and sweaty.
Pros
Discounted food, Decent pay, Flexible hours, Free tickets after working certain hours
Cons
No set place to put belongings
A Great Place To Work
Culinary Services (Former Employee) –  Concord, CADecember 26, 2018
I got a job at Six Flags Hurricane Harbor over the summer, and it was great! I really enjoyed my job, and I was able to form friendships with my coworkers and supervisors. In fact, when one of my friends saw that I was working at Hurricane Harbor, his mom signed him up to work there as well.

As for the job itself, I really enjoyed it. Any time I requested time off, I got time off. Any time I needed help with something, I got help. The jobs I was given were easy for me to do. Sure, it got hot in the kitchen, but cups of water were free for us employees. And whenever I just needed a break, my supervisors were willing to let me take one.

Oh, and the other benefits. On days that employees aren't working, they are granted free access into the park and can bring one friend/family member. My family went to Hurricane Harbor for my brother's birthday, and since I had that day off, I was able to give myself and my brother a free pass. My mom appreciated this.

Overall, I would definitely recommend working at Hurricane Harbor!
Great place to work if you like to work hard
Team Lead (Former Employee) –  Vallejo, CAJanuary 11, 2019
I worked in park services and it was a great atmosphere and I loved the people I worked with. I loved getting to interact with guests and I even moved up into lead fairly quickly. It definitely does have cons however.
Pros
Free meals, company parties, opportunity for advancement, discounts, free park entry
Cons
Loose management, no benefits, long hours, low pay
Fun workplace with many benefits
Ride Operator (Seasonal) (Former Employee) –  Arlington, TXJanuary 31, 2019
I liked working at Six Flags because of the fun environment, but I didn't work many hours because I was never scheduled often, probably because I was still kinda new. In the month that I worked there, I learned to operate 2 different rides which opens more opportunities to work if you stay long enough. I had to quit because I went on vacation, but Six Flags is still a great place to work, especially for teens looking for their first job or a summer job.
Pros
Free park admission and more benefits
Cons
Work long, hot hours in the summer
Very fun and unique
Ride Operator (Seasonal) (Former Employee) –  Gurnee, ILNovember 26, 2018
The salary here SUCKS! I really do wish it payed more considering all the work that one does. Other than the salary, everything else is great! You get to meet a lot of cool and fun people. You also learn some skills and get to know some of the rides better. I love working here as a part time job. If the salary was wayyyy better, I’d definitely go full time.
Pros
Free park access, buddy pass, discounts, free parking, special events for employees
Cons
Salary sucks, hours, management
It was a fun place to work in a friendly environment
Buyer (Former Employee) –  Valencia, CANovember 18, 2018
Six Flags was a fun and family friendly place to work with great benefits but low wage structure. Management was friendly, accessible and approachable. The work place culture is very family oriented and friendly, and was a fun place to work. The hardest part of my time with Six Flags was working there right after the Northridge earthquake meeting very tight schedules.
Pros
fun, friendly and exciting
Cons
low wages
More of a family than a job
Rides Maintenance Controls Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Darien Center, NYJanuary 9, 2019
Work with a great bunch of guys who bring their own strengths while teaching others to overcome their weaknesses. Management has always had an open door policy. Sometimes the job would require more hours during operating, but those of us who "have it in our blood" would do what it takes to get the jobs done
Pros
Full time, good benefits
Cons
excessive hours required at times
Fast paced, easy to advance.
TEAM MEMBER (Former Employee) –  Austell, GADecember 29, 2018
A typical work day depends on the department you work in. There are different tasks for the departments and their employees. Every team member of the park also has a duty to help guests that visit and to make sure they get the best experience the park can offer.
Pros
50% off all purchases in the park, plus free entree
Cons
low starting salary and long hours in the elements
Best Time At Six Flags
Retail Team Lead (Former Employee) –  Eureka, MOJanuary 22, 2019
Working at Six Flags was an amazing time for me. A typical work day for me meant coming into work and taking pictures at the front of the park. I did this while also having fun with my coworkers. I love the management, everyone's so nice. I've learned leadership and responsibility skills while at Six Flags.
Pros
Flexible work schedule and amazing employee benefits.
Cons
Pay
Fun work place for yonger people.
Ride Operator (Former Employee) –  Valencia, CA 91355November 7, 2018
Learned new things and ride operations. Its great to be able to ride the rides before the guest to test the in working conditions. If they had benefits and better working hours and pay. Job would be great. Its fun working with others and kids. Need more job advancements and other opportunities.
Pros
Great job for teens, or part time work for students.
Cons
Not enough job advancements for employees and no benefits.
Fast paced yet productive environment
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  Austell, GAFebruary 20, 2019
Six Flags over Georgia was over all a well rounded company to work for. The job was tedious, however it teaches you good work ethic and adaptability. Over all the experience was one that improved how I view a fast work pace environment which made my time there enjoyable.
Pros
Benefits, Good Management
Cons
Very strict grooming policies
It is a fun place to work, especially for young people.
Metal Detection Team Member (Former Employee) –  Eureka, MOOctober 20, 2018
It is a great place to get started until you find a better place to work, or if you're retired or in school. Management is good. There are some perks.
Pros
Free tickets or season passes, free events, fun entertainment
Cons
Low salary, raises are contingent on revenue for the corporation, not many benefits, only seasonal for most workers
Good for teenagers
Corporate Alliances team member (Current Employee) –  Austell, GAOctober 21, 2018
If you’re in your 20s like myself, this isn’t the job for you. You don’t get enough hours to make a decent amount to live off of. Not to mention the fact that you have to pay for everything here and the lack of benefits for your regular non corporate employees. If you’re a teenager however or fresh out of high school, this is a great part time job to make a little extra money for the things you want.
Pros
Weekly Pay
Cons
Borderline unsafe working environment, poor communication, verbal abuse from customers
Summer Job. Nothing More.
Warehouse Lead (Current Employee) –  Gurnee, ILDecember 13, 2018
This is not a place where you can expect to progress in your career. There are not too many positives besides they will give you your hours in the summer. Benefits are terrible. Certain departments will do very sketchy things and people are frequently treated poorly in said departments.
Pros
Lots of hours in summer
Benefits
Summer job and beyond
Games and Attractions Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Vallejo, CAJuly 24, 2018
Working for Six Flags has been very enriching, although seen to be a summer job, has shown to provide me more than I expected. The management and departments create a lively atmosphere. Guest interaction and team building has always been a huge focus in all aspects of the job. I've learned so much about myself in the 6 years that I've worked for the company. The games department has shown me how to be creative with the resources given to us, and to remember that every interaction is different whether it is with a member of our team or a guest in the park. I am grateful for all the lessons I've learned from working as a front line team member, to my role as a seasonal supervisor.
Pros
Leadership and employees
Cons
Compensation and parking
fun in the sun
Games Host (Former Employee) –  Valencia, CAJanuary 16, 2019
I workeed this job for two summers and it was a fun first job. I loved working with the games team and learning each games tricks. I think the company takes care of us pretty good butit did not have alot of benefits to where it oculd be a career.
Pros
long lunches, games tricks, team members
Cons
no benefits
I work here because I enjoy working here.
Operations Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Gurnee, ILFebruary 11, 2019
I work at the park because I genuinely enjoy working there. The compensation in pay for work is low, but it is not about the pay, it’s about the fun with co-workers, and creating incredible guest moments. I wouldn’t work here if I didn’t love coming into work every day.
Pros
Great people, Fun environment
Cons
Short Breaks, Little benefits

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Six Flags, Inc.. Our community is ready to answer.

51.6K
41.6K
31.2K

Diversity score

Comparably
Diversity Score
TOP5%
In the Top 5% of similar size companies

The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at Six Flags, Inc..

Powered by Comparably