Six Flags, Inc. Employee Reviews

Working at six flags
Rides Operator (Former Employee) –  Agawam, MASeptember 17, 2018
When I first worked here I was very excited and thought it would be very fun and enjoyable, however as time went on my managers asked me to be less of myself and more of a “robot” so to speak. I was told many things like “you can smile more,” or “you can do this better.” Now I’m all for improving myself, that’s not the issue, the issue was that no matter how hard I tried to be the employee they wanted me to be, I never could be. That’s when I realized they didn’t want me to be myself so I stopped being me, and that’s when the corrections stopped. I talked very little and I only spoke to a few friends when they spoke to me. Overall the people there are pretty nice however the management needs work.
Pros
Discounts and free park entry
Cons
Forced to take long breaks and forced to take them in certain areas
Friendly work associates.
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Gurnee, ILSeptember 16, 2018
Super fast paced work environment you deal with a lot of rude customers which makes it harder for you to do your job because of the harsh working conditions you have to put up with.
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
You have to pay for your lunch, No discounts.
Fun fast paced work environment
Warehouse Supervisor Seasonal (Current Employee) –  Bowie, MDSeptember 16, 2018
Six Flags America is a fun place to work, it will have it's challenges and it's rough days. I work with an excellent team in the warehouse and together we perform our tasks, and help make the best daily visit to the park for customers.
Fun but under paid
Ride Operator (Former Employee) –  Valencia, CASeptember 16, 2018
Loved that i got to meet new people everyday. Everyday was a different day. Since i met so many people everyday, different situations happen everyday. So each day you learn something new.
Good place to work as a first job with opportunities to advance.
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXSeptember 16, 2018
While a good place to gain work experience, pay is sub-par and seasonal employees are forced to go through a rehire process every year, meaning there are benefits for working several years are unavailable to seasonal employees because they are technicly fired, then re-hired each year.
Pros
Fun environment
Cons
Low hours, little opportunity for overtime
fun place
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Agawam, MASeptember 15, 2018
Its a fun place to visit a lot of benefit. I worked there my first year it was amazing but second time working there It was okay and not as fun or fair as the first year I worked there.
Pros
benifits
Cons
payt rate
fun place to work
Human Resources Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXSeptember 15, 2018
i loved working there. employees were nice and when a tragedy happens to one of their team members others would support no matter what. employee parties, it was a family
Great place to work if you are a teenager
Cashier (Former Employee) –  MarylandSeptember 14, 2018
This is a great first job for teenagers, the pay is below minimum wage because it is and amusement park but it has a great energy. There are plenty of guests so it can be very fast pace
Work at your own risk
Entertainer (Former Employee) –  Valencia, CASeptember 14, 2018
People say Magic Mountain's Fright Fest is fun but that wasn't the case with me. It actually got very stressful for me and my co-workers weren't very friendly. Management really cracks down on negative behavior which is a good thing. But the main reason why I left was because the fog blowing around was getting into my lungs and affecting my breathing.
Pros
Good pay, easy work
Cons
toxic environment
Six flags
Ride Attendant (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCSeptember 14, 2018
six Flags can be very overwhelming and it’s also a great experience it can also be stressful but it’s worth the experience. Six flags is another way to interact with people that come from all over the world.
Pros
Breakers / coolers
Cons
Short breskx
Fun place to work
Seasonal Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Eureka, MOSeptember 13, 2018
Not great pay. A fun place to work. Great place to meet new people. Great place for advancement. You can easily advance here with this company. Really need better pay.
Manger (Current Employee) –  Cobb County, GASeptember 13, 2018
Working for Six Flags has been very enriching, although seen to be a summer job, has shown to provide me more than I expected. The management and departments create a lively atmosphere. Guest interaction and team building has always been a huge focus in all aspects of the job. I've learned so much about myself in the 6 years that I've worked for the company. The games department has shown me how to be creative with the resources given to us, and to remember that every interaction is different whether it is with a member of our team or a guest in the park. I am grateful for all the lessons I've learned from working as a front line team member, to my role as a seasonal supervisor.
Pros
No comment
Cons
No comment
poverty level pay
Park cleaning services (Former Employee) –  Arlington, TXSeptember 13, 2018
the pay is VERY low for this place which is surprising since they make millions per year. they dont care about their employees. they give you hardly any hours and they dont bother to train you.
Pros
fun place
Cons
poor pay and hours
Depends what Position
Fright Fest Performer (Former Employee) –  Agawam, MASeptember 12, 2018
I worked Fright Fest and loved it but worked Games and the department was awful. Games department was competitive and dehumanizing. Bad with making sure employees get out on time, and mostly causes them to stay later.
Productive, but Demanding
RETAIL ASSOCIATE/CARTS LEAD (Former Employee) –  Arlington, TXSeptember 12, 2018
Six Flags is a great place for high school students looking for a summertime job. It is not one I would personally want to be in for more than two years.
Pros
Free park entry, Discounts on food
fun place to work
operations clean up (Former Employee) –  euricaSeptember 12, 2018
fun park sweep grounds sweep bathrooms trash mopping cleaning sinks trash in bathrooms I even traned a girl one time for the bathrooms cleaned toilets
Pros
discounts on food and merchandise like shirts jackets stuffed animals
Cons
2 15 minret breaks 30 for lunch
Fun and exciting
Lifeguard (Seasonal) (Former Employee) –  Gurnee, ILSeptember 11, 2018
There are a lot of job opportunities at Six Flags and the company is very flexible in hours. The environment is so much fun and the people hired are always friendly.
Fun place to work
Crew (Former Employee) –  Largo, MDSeptember 11, 2018
I had an overall great experience very social type of work however I did not take advantage of the socializing I only spoke when necessary to either find out information or figure out what my next task was.
Fun and friendly work place
Cashier/Cook (Current Employee) –  Bowie, MDSeptember 11, 2018
Pay she be better, long hours with little no pay. Your receive discounts on food but I feel it should be free for employees. You get free drinks while at work to keep you hydrated
Seasonal job
Customer Service Representative/ Rides Operator (Former Employee) –  Arlington, TXSeptember 11, 2018
Alot of favoritism they worked with you job is mainly for teenagers you get hour lunches they send you to break very early you have to remind supervisor that you have important matters to take care of

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Six Flags, Inc.. Our community is ready to answer.

51.4K

2.7

2.7Personal Development

3.1Career Opportunities

2.2Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight