Six Flags, Inc. Employee Reviews

Found 4,034 reviews matching the search See all 4,232 reviews
Fun workplace
Food Hostess/Cashier (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJuly 14, 2018
It has both negative and positive sides. It is kind of a fun workplace at least it supposed to be. You can make lots of friends but small amount of money and without money it is not fun at all.
It was a nice place to meet new people, and learn.
Games Team Member (Former Employee) –  Agawam, MAJuly 13, 2018
Six Flags allow you to meet new people, interact with children, and people of all ages. I learned how to have more patience, work with money, and kids
Fun bunch to work with
International Finance Clerk (Former Employee) –  Grand Prairie, TXJuly 13, 2018
A lot to take on. I learned a lot about the international parks and all it takes to start them. Management is awesome and down to earth. The work place is so fun and enjoyable to be around.
Fun but stressful
Food Service Worker (Former Employee) –  Valencia, CAJuly 13, 2018
Six Flags is a fun place to work there is different job titles all over the park. I worked in the kitchen (food service) and it was super fun meeting customers and ensuring they were having a good day and yummy meals. Typical day would be arriving to work 20 minutes early to find parking, going through security, then clocking in. While working it was very hectic during certain seasons such as halloween or summer but you do get overtime if its short staffed. I learned a lot about food handling and how to properly prep and display food for the customer. Management was super nice always there to help and assist. I would say the hardest part of working is during the summer when its super hot and the ovens and fryers are going, it gets pretty hot in the kitchen but its somewhat better then being outside and staying on top of peoples orders when you have a huge crowd. But the most enjoyable part is seeing my customer happy and making friends.
Pros
1.00 lunch only if you work in food service
Cons
short breaks, reasonable lunch, bathroom breaks are tough when you have a full line
First Job
Rides Operator (Former Employee) –  Gurnee, ILJuly 12, 2018
Six flags was not a bad first job. not many hours and easy to out side of school on the weekend. And the little benefits the did offer were not too bad.
very fast paced
Games operator/Ride operator (Former Employee) –  Arlington, TXJuly 12, 2018
it was fast paced and I loved it it was fun and always had a good day at work my job at six flags would be fast and fun me. my job was awesome I got to talk to people that wherer there to spend time with there families and have fun and I got to make there days better and it made me happy
Rides Training Lead (Current Employee) –  Austell, GAJuly 12, 2018
A day in the life is pretty okay. the only bad thing is working under intensive heat all day but its still fun because you are working with your friends.
Pros
n/a
Cons
n/a
Fun Environment to Work In
LIGHTING TECHNICIAN (Former Employee) –  Arlington, TXJuly 12, 2018
The work environment was very joyful and the people are friendly on a daily basis.The work space for this job although was not the biggest space it was a very interesting experience because everyone was treated like family rather than strangers when you first start working.
Pros
Discounted Food, Sometimes free food, Friendly Staff
Cons
Depends on where you live that it can be hassle for commuting.
kk
upper marlboro, md (Former Employee) –  Upper Marlboro, MDJuly 12, 2018
i did not like this job atball they keep you if your shift replacemtn does not show up they do not pay you enoughnfor the work that you do and its to hot
Great first job
Ride Operator (Former Employee) –  Township of Jackson, NJJuly 12, 2018
This is a great first job but it's a dead end job. No advancement at all. Guests are often rude and management doesn't care about its employees. Easily can get replaced
Pros
Discounts
Cons
Poor management
Your co-workers make your job worth it in all honesty.
Ride Operator (Current Employee) –  Arlington, TXJuly 12, 2018
Six Flags is a great place to start working as a first job. It teaches you communication skills, and you break out of your shell. You also build friendships that you never expected.
Cons
No flash pass, no free food, not a lot of benefits, etc.
typical day going to work
Ride Operator (Former Employee) –  Upper Marlboro, MDJuly 12, 2018
at the entrance before any guests get there, there is a shuttle for everyone that rides the bus to work. ride the shuttle back to HR. walk back to your designated place(depending on your department you work in) and wait to clock in at 9:30. clock in and wait to be assigned the ride you'll be at until they switch you out because they need you at another ride or its the next shift and your leaving at 3.get to your ride do the morning check list making sure the ride is running properly and everything is clean.call base for the hourly guest check to see how many guests are in the park riding that ride. clock out for your break. come back from break continue working. when closing comes you close your line but for anyone left in the line you serve them and let them ride because they have been waiting. after all guest leave you do the evening checklist and clean up any trash.when the lead comes to collect paper work you can clock out and go home.
Pros
Co-workers become like a second family, the friendly guests, the thrill the guests before during and after they get off your ride, the cold water they provide(hot coco runs in the winter sometimes), the discount in the park
Cons
The heat, standing for too long periods of time, slow with training on rides, short breaks
Fun Place to work
Security Officer/Parking Lot Lead (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJuly 11, 2018
Fun place to work if management knows what they are doing. For the most part it's an enjoyable atmosphere and some of the people are fun to work with.
I loved it
Ride Operations Lead (Current Employee) –  Gurnee, ILJuly 11, 2018
Six Flags was my favorite summer job and probably always will be. I genuinely enjoyed working in the rides department and the people who I worked with. Six Flags offers flexible hours and as long as you do your job, everyone is willing to help you succeed. I have made some life long friends there and have always been excited to go to work.
six flags
IH-10 West - Lifeguard (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJuly 11, 2018
I felt like i didnt get paid enough for the amount of hard work i was doing as a life guard. and in the job we all worked very hard and there were never any discounts and if there were it would be on days that no on can even go to the park cause we are working
I loved working at Six Flags it was very different.
Cashier/Food Services (Former Employee) –  Township of Jackson, NJJuly 11, 2018
I worked in food services and i would either handle cash or be serving food. My day would always start of great because the environment was easy going.
Pros
na
Cons
na
Fun job
Character supervisor (Former Employee) –  Township of Jackson, NJJuly 10, 2018
I work there for years and it was fun, it's a fun fast paced environment and it's very nice to work there, aside from internal promoting of family members that costs me my job
Keeps you busy
Ride attendant (Former Employee) –  Agawam, MAJuly 10, 2018
And ok job wasn’t really too bad , but some conditions such as paying and breaks and making sure everyone was treated fairly could have been better there.
Pros
Discounts
Cons
Short break or none
Six Flags is only a fun place to visit, not a great place to work.
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJuly 9, 2018
Working at six flags has caused me to be dehydrated in multiple occasions because of great and the lack of water I wad giving alsoI would sometimes be left in a spot for hours. Once I was supposed be off at six and I got sent to one area until almost 11pm and this was around the end of December 2017 where it was below 20°F.
Pros
Free visits with 1 guest of yoyr choice, 30% discount on ecerything in the park
Cons
12 hour shifts with only one 1 hour break
very fun workplace
Games Hostess (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJuly 9, 2018
a typical working day there was being outside all day getting a 45 minute break. i definitely came out of my comfort zone and became more comfortable talking to people. the workplace culture was so fun and everyone was nice and they made sure to be there if you needed help. the hardest part of the job for me would be trying to sell play passes especially if it was early in the morning. the most enjoyable part was meeting new people and creating new friend relationships.
Pros
discounts

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Six Flags, Inc.. Our community is ready to answer.

51.4K
41.4K

Ratings from women

2.7InHerSight Score

2.7Personal Development

3.1Career Opportunities

2.2Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight