Six Flags, Inc. Employee Reviews

Found 4,523 reviews matching the search See all 4,730 reviews
Fun Work Place enviroment
Hostess (Former Employee) –  Mitchellville, MDNovember 15, 2018
A good place to work for young teens to start out as a first job, to learn and gain the customer service experience, people skills, working on cashier, operator, and learning many more learning experiences
Pros
good job for young teens
Cons
Low pay
Fast Paced, Fun lunch breaks
Hostess/Cashier (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXNovember 15, 2018
I met many new people here and lifelong friends. My manager was great but when it comes down to being less than 5 mins late you get in trouble, and I couldn't even call in when I had a medical emergency.
Pros
Fun Lunch, Meet new people
Cons
Clocking in and Medical emergencies
Productive and fun
Employee (Former Employee) –  Arlington, TXNovember 14, 2018
Working at Six Flags wasn't the hardest but it was really hot. a typical day would start with restocking the building and cleaning. then it would move onto opening and throughout the day you can drink water. the place that I worked didn't have AC so it was really hot and the fan they had put in there had broken so it felt as if I was standing in a desert for up to 6 hours a day with a 45-minute break
Pros
cheap lunch
Cons
short breaks
Fast paste work
Food Service Worker (Former Employee) –  Santa Clarita, CANovember 14, 2018
Had fun at this job and walked in with a smile on my face everyday I worked. The hard part was cleaning at a fast rate but I know I can do the job. I enjoyed working for the costumers.
Pros
Discount meals
Cons
Work fast
Stressful, odd hour shifts. Team Leaders were irresponsible.
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Gurnee, ILNovember 14, 2018
Given shift days and hours less than a week in advance. Team Leaders did not take responsible for any of their own screws up and instead blamed Team Members.
Pros
Discounts on merchandise, free park access.
Cons
Short breaks, long standing hours, often rude customers.
Good
Lead (Former Employee) –  Largo, MDNovember 14, 2018
Working at six flags i had a great time as team member you get to have fun with the guest when working the rides i was in the rides department and i loved it
n/a
SEASONAL RETAIL CASHIER (Former Employee) –  Arlington, TXNovember 14, 2018
I didn't love my experience the hours was not good enough most of the time you get sent home early 3 or 4 hours before you have to leave to go home. If I had more hour the job would be okay.
fun pplace to work
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Agawam, MANovember 14, 2018
it is a fun place to work if you are just coming out of high school and a first job,but the pay is low and it can get very hectic at times and customers can be very rude.
Fun and beneficial workplace
Gift Shop Cashier (Seasonal) (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MONovember 14, 2018
Great company to work for with flexible hours, lots of benefits and weekly pay. Hardest part of the job is it can get very busy and overwhelming at times. Overall you get to meet a lot of new people while working, as coworkers and guests
Overall a decent job to have just not good management,very hypocritical people.
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Arlington, TXNovember 13, 2018
The enjoyable part of the job was making new friends from different countries, because there are a lot of internationals that work at Six flags. You get to learn about their culture and life style.
Pros
Discounts, ride the rides for free
Cons
Poor management
A place you can really improve your social skills and make lots of friends
Ride Attendant (Current Employee) –  Santa Clarita, CANovember 13, 2018
A typical day at work during the summer was good very busy but I think thats a good thing. because the more busy it was at work the more hours you got.but it started to get slow later on because of the weather and then on top of that school was starting back for students, and that means less hours for you. So I highly recommend applying for this job in the summer its a easy hire and its a good pay!
Temp Job
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Township of Jackson, NJNovember 13, 2018
I only worked for Six Flag for a month so I have no opinion on this job at all. It was a small summer job for when I was still to high school so I could get some money.
Pros
Discount Entry
productive, good workplace
Cashier and Cook (Former Employee) –  Valencia, CANovember 13, 2018
well everyday at worked I would learn something new. that job has taught me to be very independent. the only issue was the management some were not fair at times and some were just lazy and wouldn't do there jobs.
Pros
cheep lunches
Cons
always packed and long lines
Work plus fun equals success.
Information Systems Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Gurnee, ILNovember 11, 2018
I worked for Six Flags Great America for three years and some change, but it truly felt like half a year. The workplace culture here is unbeatable. Everyone is helpful, prompt, and understanding. Management is superb. You can ask them absolutely anything and they will always get an answer to you one way or another. If you ever needed help, you could ask anyone in uniform and they would drop what they were doing to assist you. As with most jobs, the hardest part was dealing with customers. Often times, I was in the field to fix a machine that had kept a customer from going about their day, which they always loved to remind me about.
Pros
Great management, friendly coworkers, top-notch environment, CEO visits.
Cons
Large crowds, disorganized park priorities.
Fun job if you are willing to learn.
Supervisor/Manager (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TexasNovember 10, 2018
I still currently work at Six Flags Fiesta Texas as an Admissions Supervisor and it is a fun job if you are willing to put the work in. Many times you feel underpaid when the park reaches high attendance days as it is a lot of work trying to manage your team while assisting multiple guest with various issues. Taking a leadership role with any company is a big responsibility but with Fiesta Texas we try to satisfy all guest as we want them to come enjoy the park again but that sometimes isn’t always the case, just be prepared to handle many unusual (first time) issues.
Pros
Endless opportunities, Friendships, Experience to learn new departments
Cons
Low wages, Irate guests, Strict management
I would not suggest working here , everything is just bad !
Retail Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MONovember 10, 2018
If you are a teenager and planning on working at six flags I would not recommend you do . They have transportation but if you are taking the transportation they provide that is about $70-$80 out of your check every week !! Which isn’t leaving you with much because you will barely be making $280 on top of that you have to pay for your uniform jacket$17 ,hat $7-$10, shirt $13 , pants $15. The leads there are very unprofessional and disrespectful. Also after paying for the bus you must pay for the food you eat and you can only eat at one place which is a workers break place which service the same food so that’s takes another $30-$50 dollars out your check every week and the environment over all is just very hostile
it was an awesome and fun job
Admissions (Former Employee) –  Agawam, MANovember 10, 2018
you work in a new place a lot and there is lots of helpful leaders. very stress free places. you can be promoted very easily. it is managed very good and it makes for a fun day everyday you work.
Pros
fun and good pay
Cons
working in different climates
six flags over Georgia
Food Service Worker (Former Employee) –  Austell, GANovember 10, 2018
face-pace and easy but the team members and supervisors are horrible alot of unfairness between the new employees and the experienced previous employees, and supervisors were careless.
Cons
short breaks, lots of walking, tenses environment
Great for first job
Human Resource Clerk (Current Employee) –  Valencia, CANovember 9, 2018
I've worked for this company for almost five years and had a great time! I was once very shy and to myself, but now I feel like i'm open to start a conversation. This was my first job and would choose this job again if I had to go back in time and choose my first job.
Amazing place
Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Agawam, MANovember 8, 2018
Had a lot of fun six flags taught me a lot that I eventually used for my next job and made me excel at it wonderfully. I hope six flags get some good workers bc that’s a very fun place
Pros
A lot of pros
Cons
A little bit of cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Six Flags, Inc.. Our community is ready to answer.

51.5K
41.5K
31.1K

Diversity score

Comparably
Diversity Score
TOP5%
In the Top 5% of similar size companies

The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at Six Flags, Inc..

Powered by Comparably