Six Flags, Inc. Employee Reviews for Host/Hostess

Found 373 reviews matching the search See all 5,353 reviews
Nice job for teens and college kids
Host (Former Employee) –  Bowie, MDMay 25, 2019
Six Flags is a great company with some quirks but easily can be sorted out. Fun work environment with parties and contests. Never a completely dull day.
Fun and relaxed workplace, although fast-paced at times.
Retail Host (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXMay 20, 2019
A typical day at work includes a lot of interaction with customers and meeting their needs. I learned a lot about how I should address the customers and be patient with those that aren't exactly having much of a good day or give you attitude. I would say that the hardest part of the job is those types of customers, especially when they are persistent in having things their way after we've already explained how things are.
Great
Host (Former Employee) –  Eureka, MOApril 20, 2019
One of the best jobs i have had. I was 16 when i started so it was super fun and i got to meet a bunch of great people. It was a bit off a rip off with the bus transit though but thats really my only complaint.
Messy management
Admissions Host (Current Employee) –  Vallejo, CAApril 17, 2019
The supervisor for the admissions department doesn't know how to handle situations at all and this place is full of favoritism. If you plan to work her be careful on who you trust because the gossip everywhere.
Pros
Free entrance for you and a friend and 40% discount on food and retail
Cons
Strict on appearance, over work you
Perfect First Job
Host (Former Employee) –  Gurnee, ILMarch 26, 2019
Many of the skills I learned at this job I still use even though it was almost a decade ago. They had great advancement opportunities and the workplace was always stress free but busy, which made the workdays go by fast. And co-workers and management were always there to help when things got challenging or when you didnt know something.
Pros
Free Admission, Cafeteria for Lunch, Great Advancement Opportunities
Cons
Long Workdays, Challenging, Unfriendly Guests, Uniforms
great place
Hostess (Former Employee) –  Valencia, CAMarch 17, 2019
i never had a complaint while working for them. i loved the people i worked with and my management. i would have stayed longer if i could. plus they have great rewards
Pros
great people
Cons
long walk
Game hosts is not the area you want to be in
Game Hostess (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXMarch 8, 2019
I loved working at six flags honestly. The biggest problem was that the game hosts weren't treated great. When I worked there in 2016 the game hosts were some of the last employees to leave the park, meaning you may get an extra 2 hours tacked on because customers refused to leave. This happened to me an hour or 2 extra every time I worked a closing shift. They tell you that the supervisors will provide you water but they are often times busy with other things. So some shifts you will spend 8 hours in the Texas heat with one glass of water from the supervisor and another one you grabbed from lunch. If you forgot to bring a water bottle and weren't lucky enough to be put in a game with ready access to water you were screwed. Lunches were 45 minutes long and paid. That was nice. The music was repetitive but It was far from the worst music I have ever heard.
fast paced
Games Host (Former Employee) –  Vallejo, CAFebruary 20, 2019
Very quick paced work atmosphere. There is room for improvement in management, but the overall work environment was mostly enjoyable. My favorite thing was that you could do different jobs within your department.
Great company
Hostess (Former Employee) –  Austell, GAFebruary 20, 2019
Six Flags Over Georgia was the best jobs I ever had. I met a lot of people, noticed unknown talents. The coworkers was more like a family than just regular people.
Pros
Free lunch, paid breaks, free makeup
Cons
Not enough hours
Interesting workplace
Hostess (Former Employee) –  Gurnee, ILFebruary 10, 2019
Six flags has many people visit the park on a daily basis. it is a fast paced working environment. it can be stressful but fun at the same time. everyone is very nice and get along very well.
Fun , fast paced, busy, long hours, great management
Hostess (Former Employee) –  Corfu, NYFebruary 9, 2019
I loved working there, loved my manager, fast paced, busy, long hours, great food. Made excellent money, just had a blast working there. I would recommend this job to anyone. It was awesome to eat great food, walk around the park on breaks, go shopping on breaks, hear bands play. We made great tips.
Pros
Great food, long hours, busy, more money
Cons
Worked with lazy people that didnt do there jobs
I loved it
Hostess (Former Employee) –  Queensbury, NYJanuary 30, 2019
I loved working here. I met new people from all over the country, I was introduced to different cultures and traditions. It was basically like getting paid to hang out with friends most days.
Pros
Lunch was cheap, get into the park for free, discounts on everything
Rides Department
Host (Former Employee) –  Decatur, GAJanuary 29, 2019
Being said that i was working during the winter i felt as if we were to get a boost on hour pay because of the harsh winter we had. So that being said they should have either let us take off or provided us better pay.
It feels like I'm back in highschool
Games Host (Former Employee) –  Vallejo, CAJanuary 20, 2019
This job is perfect for someone who's in highschool during the school season and looking for just a little bit of money to make on the side but its not at all practical for a college student who has to support themselves through school. The manager aren't that engaging, they don't care about any of your issues. It's all business, no friends, no warmth, just work.
Pros
Cheap lunches
Cons
Rude coworkers, childish work environment
fun in the sun
Games Host (Former Employee) –  Valencia, CAJanuary 16, 2019
I workeed this job for two summers and it was a fun first job. I loved working with the games team and learning each games tricks. I think the company takes care of us pretty good butit did not have alot of benefits to where it oculd be a career.
Pros
long lunches, games tricks, team members
Cons
no benefits
Fast paced and great
Host (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJanuary 4, 2019
It was a really faced paced job. Never really was there a slow day. Paid good once you turned 16 to 9.25 and when you became shift lead 10.25 and up. I started at 15 and earned 8.25 and it was decent money especially once I earned 9.25 and could’ve been 10.25 if I reapplied at the end of the season
Cons
Over work
Fun workplace
Host (Former Employee) –  Arlington, TXDecember 24, 2018
Fun environment and fast paced. Could be at a big ride such as The Texas Giant, 100 degrees with clear skies, and a really long line but still found yourself having fun.
Hostess
Food Services Hostess (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, NJDecember 4, 2018
Oversee 10 employees. I open and close restaurant and prepare for the next days food count. Oversee cleaning for audit. Open and close register. Hardest part is knowing this is only seasonal.
Pros
Free rides
Cons
Seasonal and Salary
Fun Work Place enviroment
Hostess (Former Employee) –  Mitchellville, MDNovember 15, 2018
A good place to work for young teens to start out as a first job, to learn and gain the customer service experience, people skills, working on cashier, operator, and learning many more learning experiences
Pros
good job for young teens
Cons
Low pay
Environment
Hostess/Food Services (Former Employee) –  Vallejo, CAOctober 15, 2018
Six Flags was a great and fun place to work. I really enjoyed my boss and coworker; very fast pace. This was a great summer job before I had to relocate to Sacramento for Undergraduate Schooling. I would highly recommend Six Flags, even if someone was looking for a career,because person could have a satisfying career in management there.
Pros
Environment
Cons
Summer pay