Six Flags, Inc. Employee Reviews for Ride Attendant

Found 181 reviews matching the search See all 5,353 reviews
Most Important is committing and being on time able to get along with everyone
Ride Attendant (Former Employee) –  Valencia, CAJune 8, 2019
Six Flags is a big opportunity for me for my first job I would love to dedicate myself and be on point at all times working and helping others makes me happy
Teenage, workplace make friends and easy work
Ride Attendant (Former Employee) –  Austell, GAJune 6, 2019
Wasn’t the best place to work, the pay was horrible, they would send you home if there were too many people, and the intense heat wasn’t worth it. Also the higher ranking team members were way too bossy and needy
exhausting
Ride Operator/Attendant (Former Employee) –  Township of Jackson, NJJune 3, 2019
They constantly need all of your time. If you're available to work they expect you to. Rules are very strict and people are always watching to make sure you follow them.
great place
Ride Operator/Attendant (Former Employee) –  Gurnee, ILMay 28, 2019
It is the perfect summer job. I loved working there the staff is great. Keep in mind a lot of teens do work there so there can be some drama among staff but overall a fun place to work
Pros
staff nights
Cons
the weather
Fantastic temporary/first-time job
Ride Operator/Attendant (Former Employee) –  Arlington, TXMay 27, 2019
Typical day will be long, hot, and tiring (usually during the summer), but can be fun and rewarding.

It was my first job, so I learned too much to talk about.

Management trended towards good-natured and helpful.

Plenty of minor benefits for employees including free tickets on days off and an employee canteen.

Long, HOT days under the sun, could make some days particularly awful.

Happy customers and getting paid to goof off, and joke with them could make it all worth it.
Pros
Employee canteen, free tickets, long breaks
Cons
Bad weather, poor compensation (outside of on-call programs), poor company-employee communication
Fair Workplace
Ride Attendant (Current Employee) –  Springfield, MAMay 26, 2019
Six flags is a good place to get experience from for a teenager but it’s way too strict. Most customers are nice but there’s a few rude ones. Coworkers are easy to communicate with but can also cause unnecessary issues. Schedules could get mixed up a lot and you’ll get blamed for it. Leads are friendly enough. The job isn’t hard at all. Overall, it’s a decent job.
Pros
Benefits in the park.
Cons
Too strict.
Good Management hard customers
Ride Attendant (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXMay 23, 2019
The management is nice and tends to work around you schedule but it often gets overwhelming with the amount of customers that come through. The summer heat doesn"t help with it reaching over 100 degrees quite often during the summer while working outside.
Pros
Flexible schedule, Good management
Cons
Short breaks, Working outside, Alot of guests
Fun place to work at
Ride Attendant (Former Employee) –  Marietta, GAMay 20, 2019
Working at Six Flags White water was a great place to work at, especially for a first time job. Great cooperation between employees and managers and good interaction with customers.
Fun and safe environment to work there.
Ride Attendant (Former Employee) –  Arlington, TXApril 22, 2019
Six Flags provide a safe and fun environment for visitors. The security services is also great. It was also a great first job experience, super flexible hours and the management was understanding of my crazy summer schedule. Perfect for a first and summer job.
Pros
Great family atmosphere, really young work force, flexible schedule
Cons
Not great pay, various levels of dedication.
It was straight
Ride Attendant (Former Employee) –  Austell, GAApril 16, 2019
It was pretty okay. Weekly paychecks but not many hours. You work in teams so that's a plus. You meets LOTS of new people. You can move up pretty quickly if you do good at your job.
Rides Attendant (Former Employee) –  Agawam, MAApril 11, 2019
I really enjoyed the job it had its ups and down great job for high school, college students as well as retired elderly, I believe the lunch break should be longer given the fact an employee must clock out then walk to the café wait for their food, eat it walk back and clock back in, not enough time to eat.
Fun workplace and meet a lot of fun people
Ride Attendant/Operator (Current Employee) –  Arlington, TXMarch 19, 2019
The schedules are good give you enough hours that you ask for . Get 40% off everything in the park and you can even pick up more hours if wanted to . The pay is say is okay but could be bumped up more .
Productive and Positive work space
Ride Attendant (Former Employee) –  Arlington, TXMarch 15, 2019
A typical day at work is coming and and making sure everything is set up before the guest come in jobs such as making sure there is water, no trash on or near the ride and just making sure everything is presentable. The day goes by pretty smoothly and you just make sure there are no mishaps, talking to people is very important making sure that they have a good day and that they are enjoying themselves. The hardest part is just making sure you stay attentive because it is easy to lose focus but the most enjoyable part are the co workers and seeing people smile.
Pros
Discounted Meals and Perks throughout Park
Cons
Weather conditions
Fun workplace is your a social person and if you arent then it will help you become one.
Ride Operator/Attendant (Current Employee) –  Arlington, TXMarch 13, 2019
The place is great. I wouldnt advise you to work here if you live far unless you dont mind the drive. The employees there are pretty cool to guest. If you're a beginner just focus.
Fun exciting work place
Ride Attendant/Operator (Former Employee) –  Gurnee, ILMarch 11, 2019
Working at Six flags for my first job gave me more excitement and thrills for the summer than actually feeling like i was at work. It had many benefits with working at an amusement part but also very stern when it comes to customer policies.
very energetic, productive
Ride Attendant (Former Employee) –  Chicopee, MAFebruary 1, 2019
working at six flags I was challenged to accomplish tasks and work together as a team. in the ride department I had to make sure to ensure ALL of the guest safety. communication played an important part of the job nothing could get done if there was no communication within the team members. management always made themselves available for their team members if there was ever a big issue they couldn't resolve themseleves. the culture was all about the people. customer service as and will always be number one priority aside from assuring the employees did just as well.
Pros
you met new and wonderful people. became like a family.
Cons
the heat. no free lunches. the rude visitors.
Fun and interactive but could use improvement
Ride Attendant (Former Employee) –  Arlington, TXJanuary 31, 2019
Working at sixflags is different for everyone personally I didn’t have the best experience. I made a lot of great friends while working there but management and scheduling was a pain. There were some managers that would do the things they told you not to do. Schedules were always being redone and rewriting me on to scheduled times they knew I could do.
Pros
1hr lunch break free access into park
Cons
Hrs of heat no break except lunch
Great place
Rides Attendant (Former Employee) –  Agawam, MAJanuary 20, 2019
Great place and would recommend it to friends. I learned how to work with guests and improve there day and put a smile on there face while keeping them safe.
Fun place to work and learned the responsibilities of how an amusement park works!
Ride Operator/Attendant (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDDecember 24, 2018
Very fun place to work.I really love amusement parks and roller coasters so I choose Six Flags America as a starting point.It was a temporary summer job.
Pros
Free Admission to park as one of our perks!
Cons
Sometimes lack of communication on the team.
A fun learning work place
Ride Attendant. (Former Employee) –  Township of Jackson, NJDecember 20, 2018
Working at sixflags was a very good learning place definitely if you work more with rides but not only that it was a very enjoyable time period and you get to meet a lot of people
Pros
Discount
Cons
Short break