SIXT

• Trust in colleagues
  • Sense of belonging
  • Overall satisfaction

Great work environment

Fun place to work. They have a great work environment. It's just the fact that the managers have a issue with each other and use the employees to battle one another.

Buen trabajo para gente joven

Fue mi primer trabajo y guardo un buen recuerdo. Había mucho compañerismo y colaboración entre todos los miembros del equipo.

Pros

Fácil entrar, buen trabajo en equipo

Cons

El horario, noches, fines de semana, festivos...salario muy bajo sin comisiones

Great pay

Only downside was sudden travel to LA for training in which you have to put your own cards down for everything. Also it seems no place took cash so that was frustrating for deposits.

Pros

Cons

Out of state training

Great Staff,Training , Management and Co Workers

I recently started at Sixt Tampa Airport as a RSA and I think it is a great concept in car rental with the best fleet around. The Co Workers are very nice and helpful in so many ways. The Management is made up of 3 women who are very enthusiastic, knowledgeable and focused on this business and strive to give a top notch rental experience.The job can be stressful for reasons outside of your control and requires some forward thinking but the training preps you for all of that.

Pros

Good Co Workers, Good Bonus Structure, Company Culture

Cons

Some clients can be very rude or try to deceive you, Changing Shift Times

Learned great sale skills and great company.

Great training and benefits. As well as opportunities to grow and move up in the company. The best car rental and customer experience. Amazing cars and management as well as team effort.

Pros

Benefits, skills, and bonuses.

Cons

Understaffed.

Do you enjoy working at your company?

Help people considering your employer make a good choice.

Great training and team that focus on individual success.

The management are very understanding and will do whatever they can to help support the company and the team. We constantly are positively reinforce and offered more opportunities to improve ourselves in different areas of the job, hours are easy to get if you want and schedules are flexible to a point. Higher leadership comes to the branch semi consistently and they have a great open door policy to let them know if you have any issues or concerns. They are very easy to talk to and open to criticism of policies that are problematic. I'm proud to work for a company that has a long history and take pride in helping people.

Pros

Bonuses, leadership, hours.

Cons

Uniform is kinda stiff.

Trash

Working in the CS department was nothing short of a nightmare! No one is on the same page and the micromanaging is worst! The pay doesn’t match up to the level of stress. Company policies change as they see fit. Training consists of reading and shadowing someone else for 6 weeks and throw you on the phone. Be careful!

Pros

Monthly Bonus

Cons

Short Breaks, Micromanaging and no flexibility

It an be fine at times.

For this particular position, the pay was not enough for what is required of you. You do the work of 3 different departments but yet you are paid less. The headaches of customers calling in about their rentals breaking down on them was not worth it.

Pros

Bonus if you make any, certain insentives, schedules

Cons

Managers suck, to much work for little pay.

Very busy all the time, with little to no help. The pay is good if you are willing to work hard for sales, good hourly too. If you don’t like working under stress, it might not be the job for you!

Waste of time

What a terrible place to work, felt like working for a bunch of high school kids who were running a company! What a joke! If you are not playing along with the euro trash your not in

Pros

Some good people

Cons

Everything else especially the pay

Check in cars as they come in and help customers with whatever they need.

Pretty simple job. Just check in cars as they come. Hardest part is the push to find damages on as many cars as possible and then bring it up to the customer.But overall the better you do in every area the higher your monthly bonus is. Direct reward for working hard.

Pros

Compensation for hard work.

Cons

Awkward conversations with customers about damages.

Decent place to work

This is a decent place to work, the company is trying to put its best foot forward. However, in many cases, the sales agents will take home more than a manager once you factor in commission.

Pros

discounts

Cons

Short breaks, low pay, stressful work environment

Unorganized and mismanaged mess

Pretty good pay and great benefits, which is a shame that it’s not worth it due to how unorganized and mismanaged this place is. Absolutely no communication between departments makes the job frustrating, and makes you feel ineffective. Managers are mostly failures, who fail to organize any kind of cooperation between different departments. Then cry when the branch is not running efficiently.Only work here if you’re pressed against the wall

Pros

Good pay and benefits

Cons

Ghetto offices, management, lack of any sort of communication, unreasonable demands and workload

Don't waste time on Sixt

Keep looking!!! Do not work at sixt.Over worked, No care for employee at all, No pay raise, Over stressed.People are leaving this company on a monthly base.

Pros

Pto

Cons

No pay raise, Over worked

Fun place to work and meet interesting people

It was a fun job and my coworkers were great. They were going through management change when I was there but the new manager was nice although a bit more strict.

Pros

Driving around customers and talking to them about their trip

Cons

Washing cars outside

Great place if you want to be stressed out.

I just want to say that my manager was really great at providing me with the tools I needed for the most part and the staff I worked with was great. The company itself, sucks beyond belief. Everyday there were multiple things that we as agents stressed about. Are we going to have enough cars for reservations today? Are my numbers going to stay up so I don't get written up and earn my commission? How many other locations do we have to contact to see i we can get cars? And the list goes in and on. Oh, here's a fun thing Sixt does as well, they let customers book cars that we don't even have on the lot. I'm. Dead. Serious. The system will show the fleet throughout all the locations, even if that specific car is booked for that location. And you would think you could just call the person and tell them we don't have it. NOPE. You can get written up for that. You have to find a way as an agent to make them satisfied, but how could you when they're no cars on the lot? Too bad, you have to figure it out. And you guessed it, Customers would yell at you for it. Seriously I would go into work already stressing out to the max because I knew we would have no cars. So, let's move on to commission. If you have satisfied customer reviews that rate you all five stars, you get commission, but it can't be a recurring customer or a customer that rated you on the past, it has to be a new customer and it's kind of hard if you don't have any cars to satisfy the custom with. So you get screwed both ways. Also, the more days in a reservation, the more your commission goes down. You could have the best -

Pros

Sometimes manager and fellow employees

Cons

Everything else.

No room for growth

It’s a good company if you’re looking for something while in school but don’t try to make it into a career. Sixt will allow you to make all the money you can for the company and reward you with peanuts and a decent work schedule. The really upsetting thing about this company is they will make train your supervisors and managers while getting rental agent pay.

Pros

Great schedule

Cons

Commission structure, no room for growth, pay

Really productive work, very fast paced

Job is very family oriented , moral is great amongst co workers , work is very fun even through hectic hours , leaders are very understandable when it comes to family urgencies or situations

Pros

Moral

Cons

Short breaks, time under tension upon work

Not pro-employee

You can work night or day shift, not fixed schedule. Management care about their own things, makes empty promises. They treat their customers and employees however they see fit. Let reservation system get over sold and expect you to make a miracle with 3 cars and 20 reservations. Since it’s a small office you have to work something without supervisor and make supervisor decision without being paid like one, but getting scolded if you make mistakes.Some days you will have to pick up customers at the airport, clean cars, do car reservations and inspection all by yourself.

Pros

Small operation, sometimes customers tips

Cons

Have to cut lunch short if there’s a customer, no security, no benefits at all

Health benefits, PTO, uniforms

Advancement is difficult unless management personally like you. It’s not about time with the company or work ethic or any of your strengths. Compensation is poor. No raises. I’ve heard working in the German/European market is much better, you’re treated better. The American side not so much, because nothing is ever good enough.

Pros

Some benefits, uniforms

Cons

Advancement, pay, culture.

Company has amazing

They do a great job at training you and giving you the tools and support you need to learn new skills. I really love the company culture. There is no job security at all. The management team in NY is run by uneducated women who make there own rules! The HQ has no idea how poorly the brand is being represented. I would definitely think twice about wasting your time with this company.

Pros

Dry cleaning of uniforms is you get it back.

Cons

No job security, no respect

Ask a question about working or interviewing at SIXT. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

Ratings from women

2.3
InHerSight Score
2.2Personal Development
2.9Career Opportunities
1.9Family Support
Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight
Powered byInHerSight