Sixt Rent a Car Employee Reviews

Branch Manager (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAMay 15, 2018
Not that great.

Pay stays upward.

Hard work does not get rewarded.

No clear promotional path.

No consistency in promotional path.

Company vision in the US is not clear to employees.
Pros
Vehicles
Cons
3rd party vendor
Rental Agent
Rental Agent (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVMay 8, 2018
Worked as a rental agent M-F. I learned a lot of things while working with as a rental agent. I had the responsibilty in the morning shifts take me sure everything was okay in the morning and everything was ready. Also did Customer service while I worked a Sixt rental Car. I worked 9 to 10 hour shifts. I loved my Co workers and management but did not like the Owners at the time.
Pros
Worked a lot of hours
Cons
Never full-time did not promote me and no benefits
Worst place to work
Rental Agent (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVApril 23, 2018
No advancement. Managers treat you like you're nothing and are always breathing down your neck. If you get harassed HR and managers don't do anything about it. Embarrassing. Also you're FORCED to take your break if not you get in trouble!
Pros
Coworkers
Cons
Everything else.
Claims Specialist/Claims Processor
Claims Specialist (Former Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLApril 1, 2018
Sixt Fort Lauderdale only difference in their Claims Specialist and Processor is that one is salary and the other is hourly. Both positions do the same work, which has nothing to do with claims work but COLLECTIONS. IF YOU ARE LOOKING FOR A COLLECTION JOB THIS OPPORTUNITY IS FOR YOU.

No claims work just collecting money from renters that may or may not have done damage to their vehicle. You will be collecting on damages/repairs that are never done for the most part.

If you are a person of integrity and have values this company isn't for you.
Pros
It's a job
Cons
Healthcare, pay, management, confidentially, advancement within the company and difference in treatment based on your department.
Sixt Summary
Lead Rental Sales Agent (Former Employee) –  Santa Clara, CAMarch 29, 2018
While working at Sixt rent a car, I was able to fine turn my sales skills as this was a commission based job. This job had its ups and down as it was busy one day and slow the next. one issue we constantly had on a weekly basis was not having the stock of rentals for all our clients. More than likely running out of cars for appointments and having to come up with plans to navigate around issues.
Pros
commission based incentives
Cons
early and late hours. Very high Stress
Great place to work!
Regional Manager (Current Employee) –  New JerseyMarch 27, 2018
Sixt was a good place to work at. Even though there were a couple situation that were stressful but in this business it is expected.
Management were great they were easy to come to with any issues.
Fast Paced Environment
Customer Service Agent (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZMarch 22, 2018
Constantly working with team so satisfy customers. Two positions available, in the garage and working with rentals. Rental agents work behind a desk, garage workers assist customers in the cars, check in customers returning
Pros
open workspace, corporate experience
Cons
no set breaks, little advancement
Good opportunity
Senior Rental Sales Agent (Current Employee) –  SeaTac, WAMarch 12, 2018
This job is a great opportunity for those seeking employment right out of college. However, it is not for the faint of heart. Working at the sales counter makes you the most money, but it is also the most stressful position to have.
Career springboard
Senior Manager US Car Control (Former Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLMarch 11, 2018
It's what you make of it. There is much to be learned and contribute. At the same time, there are too many manual processes and heavy reliance on parent company control. IT support and systems are lacking.
A typical day
Customer Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WAMarch 1, 2018
I wish they had Sixt near my current home now because this was by far the best employment opportunity I had ever had. I worked the night shift and rented and returned cars to people from all over the world while working in Seattle Wa.
Fast paced, challenging, fun job,
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  West Palm Beach, FLFebruary 19, 2018
Co-workers all have each other backs. Fun place to work at. Great if you are a student. You are your own manager most of the time. They are very cultural.
Benefits
Cons
The system they had when it came to selling and the percentage you get back.
Very fast paced environment, but fun to meet so many international customers
General Manager (Former Employee) –  St. George, Grenada. CaribbeanFebruary 13, 2018
A typical day would be so busy you wouldn't even have time for lunch. As the Manager I was responsible for all finances, including financial entries in the QuickBooks accounting software. Managing a fleet of over 30 vehicles, solving customer service issues and supervising staff and vehicle maintenance schedules.
Pros
Flexible hours
Cons
no healthcare
Fun and Professional
Account Receivables Clerk (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLJanuary 24, 2018
a no stress 9-6 job
very flexible and no micromanaging
25-50 age group
possibility of travel
not much room to grow
raises were not annually but perhaps it has changed
Pros
event for employees, fun environment, possible travel opportunities
Cons
not much room to grow and favoritism
Great
Rental Sales Agent (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAJanuary 18, 2018
Smaller branches have less reservations but do have more responsibility which is good to have for job experience. Workplace is professional. There are difficult customer's at times but that comes with the customer service field. Manager is professional and looks out for their employees. Gain rapport with different people
LATAM & Caribbean Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLJanuary 17, 2018
Very good environment with 5 years in USA' car rental industry with a lot of career growing opportunities

Challenging position, a lot of travel involve.
Fun coworkers, competitive standards.
Customer Service Agent (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WAJanuary 12, 2018
Management is very friendly and listens to our needs always. If ever in an uncomfortable situation with a customer, the employees well being is always put first. Always fun getting a chance to drive around the fancy cars.
Uncoordinated place
Fleet (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJanuary 11, 2018
I was transferred to the Atl airport branch & it was honestly stressful due to the chaos (losing cars, unqualified managers). I could tell not much was done before my arrival. Management confuses each other then blames the employees. It seems as though the company protects its managers very well so complaining to HR wouldn't make any difference. They literally stick random, unqualified, pompous people in high positions for them to "fix" things. When honestly they just make it more difficult to work. Me & my coworker made the number of damaged vehicles go down (which was our job) but were always told we didn't do enough. They really expect you to make this place your life. & honestly if you're doing what is required, you will. NEVER relocate with them!
Pros
Health benefits, Pay, Christmas party
Cons
Short breaks, Unqualified (disrespectful) managers
This is a SALES Job
Rental Sales Agent (RSA) (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GADecember 29, 2017
Lack of management at times, employee retention rate low, if you are not a people person or get discouraged by not meeting sales goals this job is recommended. Sales are puts over everything with this company even with at times insufficient resources.
Pros
consistent hours
Cons
unsympathetic management
Buen ambiente de trabajo
Driver (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLDecember 19, 2017
Era un trabajo muy bueno, trabajaba con una compañía junta a sixt Y la era todo excelente la verdad y solo lo dejé porque cambié de estado
Good for anyone coursing through college.
Rental Sales Agent (Current Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLDecember 15, 2017
Sixt is a company in which no one will hold your hand. You have to be a self-driven individual in order to stay at this company. That said, management is not the greatest. There is a lack of communication in all areas of the company. Hardest part of the job is staying motivated, as management will not motivate you in any sort of way. Pay is decent, and you also get a bonus based on your monthly performance.
Pros
Flexible schedule
Cons
Lack of communication/Management

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Sixt Rent a Car. Our community is ready to answer.