Sixt Rent a Car Employee Reviews

Trabajo sin ningun veneficio, ni agua para tomar
Hiker (Current Employee) –  Aguadilla, PRAugust 16, 2018
Rompiendo noche sin seguridad, trabajo sólo y materiales de trabajo rotos o en mal estado
Pros
N/a
Cons
No almuerso ni veneficios
Fun workplace
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLAugust 15, 2018
check in cars and help customers with the instructions of the car, taking customers to the airport. Making sure the cars are up to date. Take the cars to the car wash and bring them back.
Pros
Get tips
Cons
Short breaks
franchise owner is a tyrant
Car rental agent (Former Employee) –  West Haven, CTAugust 2, 2018
a typical day at work was nothing less than stressful poor leadership with way too many unwritten rules hard to understand the employee role..franchise owner berates employees
Pros
short drive to work
Cons
alot
Money Maker
Rental Sales Agent (Former Employee) –  Miami International Airport, FLJuly 23, 2018
you can make alot of money if you are good at selling. its fast paced. always helping guest to cars, sometimes not having their cars and finding solutions
Pros
growing company
Cons
customers
Job description
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJuly 8, 2018
Daily duties fit job description
No room or encouragement for growth
Summers are tough
Management is not on the same page
Easy job overall
Expect customers to be difficult
No scheduled breaks, if any
Very fast-paced
RENTAL AGENT (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CAJune 27, 2018
Very fast-paced environment. Hectic at times but all in all everyone worked hard to help each other out. When I worked here we were in the process of moving into a new location. Prior to the new location our customers would be so unsatisfied before they would make it to our counters due to the confusion on how to make it to our location. Being a rental agent you are the first person they see so it ends up being your job to appease them or deal with their irate attitudes.
Pros
transportation
1 of the best
Customer Service & Collections (Former Employee) –  Venice, CAJune 22, 2018
Sixt is 1 of the best companies that I've had the pleasure working for and I would still be there if the paid and/or career advancement was a little better because it was a joy to work with my co-workers at Sixt and great discounts on the rental cars as well.
Pros
Great Co-workers and Managers + Discounts on Rentals
Cons
Low wages and slow career advancement
I would have loved to stay if better management and better pay
Branch Manager (Former Employee) –  United StatesJune 19, 2018
One of the best companies I worked for but the management is bad. Only contact you if you do something wrong or they want something. No appraisal whatsoever.
Pros
Great Team
Cons
Managament and pay
fun place to work
Sr. Rental Sales Agent (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TX 75254June 13, 2018
commission based job which is good if you learn and understand the products that you are selling. be prepared for more work at a downtown location then at a airport because there is more downtime. overall i would recommend the job as it is a good place to work.
Branch Manager (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAMay 15, 2018
Not that great.

Pay stays upward.

Hard work does not get rewarded.

No clear promotional path.

No consistency in promotional path.

Company vision in the US is not clear to employees.
Pros
Vehicles
Cons
3rd party vendor
It's ok but it's definitely not for everyone
Reservations Agent (Former Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLMay 9, 2018
Basic call center job. You clock in and have to get on the phones right away. You work for 4 hours straight, on the phone, with little to no opportunities for breaks most days. You have a 30 minute break to do whatever you please, and then 4 more hours of the same. Its fine the first few months but as the days pass by, it starts to become a little miserable (at least for me it did). The company culture is outstanding but I wish I got to know my coworkers more before I left the company. Their training is great! When you're first hired, they train you for 2 weeks and you learn absolutely everything there is to know. No complaints there. Management is... subpar. For a company to work, there needs to be communication. Management only communicates with it's employees regarding numbers and percentages: when the group is meeting it's goal or when it's not.Questions are okay in the beginning, but you can tell management doesn't tolerate it after a certain point. In order to work at Sixt as a reservation's agent, you can't mind sitting in a chair for 8 hours each day and doing the same thing over and over again.
Pros
Paid training, great benefits
Cons
lack of communication
Rental Agent
Rental Agent (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVMay 8, 2018
Worked as a rental agent M-F. I learned a lot of things while working with as a rental agent. I had the responsibilty in the morning shifts take me sure everything was okay in the morning and everything was ready. Also did Customer service while I worked a Sixt rental Car. I worked 9 to 10 hour shifts. I loved my Co workers and management but did not like the Owners at the time.
Pros
Worked a lot of hours
Cons
Never full-time did not promote me and no benefits
Worst place to work
Rental Agent (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVApril 23, 2018
No advancement. Managers treat you like you're nothing and are always breathing down your neck. If you get harassed HR and managers don't do anything about it. Embarrassing. Also you're FORCED to take your break if not you get in trouble!
Pros
Coworkers
Cons
Everything else.
Claims Specialist/Claims Processor
Claims Specialist (Former Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLApril 1, 2018
Sixt Fort Lauderdale only difference in their Claims Specialist and Processor is that one is salary and the other is hourly. Both positions do the same work, which has nothing to do with claims work but COLLECTIONS. IF YOU ARE LOOKING FOR A COLLECTION JOB THIS OPPORTUNITY IS FOR YOU.

No claims work just collecting money from renters that may or may not have done damage to their vehicle. You will be collecting on damages/repairs that are never done for the most part.

If you are a person of integrity and have values this company isn't for you.
Pros
It's a job
Cons
Healthcare, pay, management, confidentially, advancement within the company and difference in treatment based on your department.
Sixt Summary
Lead Rental Sales Agent (Former Employee) –  Santa Clara, CAMarch 29, 2018
While working at Sixt rent a car, I was able to fine turn my sales skills as this was a commission based job. This job had its ups and down as it was busy one day and slow the next. one issue we constantly had on a weekly basis was not having the stock of rentals for all our clients. More than likely running out of cars for appointments and having to come up with plans to navigate around issues.
Pros
commission based incentives
Cons
early and late hours. Very high Stress
Great place to work!
Regional Manager (Current Employee) –  New JerseyMarch 27, 2018
Sixt was a good place to work at. Even though there were a couple situation that were stressful but in this business it is expected.
Management were great they were easy to come to with any issues.
Fast Paced Environment
Customer Service Agent (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZMarch 22, 2018
Constantly working with team so satisfy customers. Two positions available, in the garage and working with rentals. Rental agents work behind a desk, garage workers assist customers in the cars, check in customers returning
Pros
open workspace, corporate experience
Cons
no set breaks, little advancement
Good opportunity
Senior Rental Sales Agent (Current Employee) –  SeaTac, WAMarch 12, 2018
This job is a great opportunity for those seeking employment right out of college. However, it is not for the faint of heart. Working at the sales counter makes you the most money, but it is also the most stressful position to have.
Career springboard
Senior Manager US Car Control (Former Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLMarch 11, 2018
It's what you make of it. There is much to be learned and contribute. At the same time, there are too many manual processes and heavy reliance on parent company control. IT support and systems are lacking.
A typical day
Customer Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WAMarch 1, 2018
I wish they had Sixt near my current home now because this was by far the best employment opportunity I had ever had. I worked the night shift and rented and returned cars to people from all over the world while working in Seattle Wa.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Sixt Rent a Car. Our community is ready to answer.