Sixt Rent a Car Employee Reviews

New coo
Analyst I (Former Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLNovember 16, 2018
Not valuable for the company, this company is suffering from a high volume of turnover. The work culture is very gloomy, does not reflect a high spirit workplace.
Demanding Job
CUSTOMER SERVICE/ RENTAL SALES (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLNovember 12, 2018
Sixt rental car is a very demanding and stressful job, but the working environment is like no other. If you are very driven you are very likely to succeed in this company
Benefits
Cons
Overworked, complicated policies
n/a
Overnight Sales Representative Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLOctober 24, 2018
good, management Educate customers regarding optional products and additional services related to their needs, exhibit excellent customer service in a courteous and competent manner. Serve as overnight supervisor, and complete additional tasks as requested to meet team and company goals.
sixt rental scheme
Fleet Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLOctober 15, 2018
I believe the company is loose when it comes to proffesionalism.They mostly sell on appearance and a mandatory uniform is part of the job.The uniform itself is meant to sexualize the women who are the car rental sales employees.The slit on the skirt in the front instead of in the back where it should be.When yous it down your skirt will slit down open up between the front of your legs.Promotion is more based on who you befriend and if you are good seller.Thee managers for the locations are mostly foreign individuals with a visa who worked for sixt in europe who mostly had a completely different background in the company.When they arrive to the car rental location has to be trained by a rental agent who has the most knowledge with program and understands fleet.Bit ofcourse you are not paid more for this and there is no incentive unless you are the cuthroat rental agent who wlil do anything or say anything to upsell a customer Even if that means charging the customer for unknown vehicle protection or upselling them a bit more for the same car they had reserved online.I handled the phone calls that where made and i constantly received calls from customers who after leaving the rental center realized the upsell charges and vehicle protection they had been charged of and where not aware. At the end it was too late because the customer had signed to the rental agreement.And the rental agent was a sharl who wanted to make comission so bad and be number one that they didnt are if they ate into the travelers vacation budget.
Claims Specialist
CLAIMS SPECIALIST (Former Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLOctober 12, 2018
Great company, but MGMT can become to personal. Loved the environment, but some managers were more focused on personal relationships that being actual managers or supervisors .
Pays wells
Rental Sales Agent (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLOctober 3, 2018
You can make a lot on commission but work life balance is not great. For some who has an open schedule and does not mind stress it can be a great job.
Pros
Money
Cons
Short brakes
Overall god company to work for.
Administrator (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLAugust 24, 2018
Good company to work for.
Need better management at the branch , more transparency and better training for certain positions.
Branch also needs work on structural level, bad AC in a very hot state, as well as outside appearance Neds work.
Health insurance was way too expensive with high deductibles and ended up paying out of pocket for every doctor visit. FSA never set up from corporate making it even more difficult for employees to manage cost of dr visits.
Pros
Good advancement opportunities
Cons
health insurance choices don't have the best of the employees interests
Trabajo sin ningun veneficio, ni agua para tomar
Hiker (Current Employee) –  Aguadilla, PRAugust 16, 2018
Rompiendo noche sin seguridad, trabajo sólo y materiales de trabajo rotos o en mal estado
Pros
N/a
Cons
No almuerso ni veneficios
Fun workplace
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLAugust 15, 2018
check in cars and help customers with the instructions of the car, taking customers to the airport. Making sure the cars are up to date. Take the cars to the car wash and bring them back.
Pros
Get tips
Cons
Short breaks
franchise owner is a tyrant
Car rental agent (Former Employee) –  West Haven, CTAugust 2, 2018
a typical day at work was nothing less than stressful poor leadership with way too many unwritten rules hard to understand the employee role..franchise owner berates employees
Pros
short drive to work
Cons
alot
Money Maker
Rental Sales Agent (Former Employee) –  Miami International Airport, FLJuly 23, 2018
you can make alot of money if you are good at selling. its fast paced. always helping guest to cars, sometimes not having their cars and finding solutions
Pros
growing company
Cons
customers
Job description
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJuly 8, 2018
Daily duties fit job description
No room or encouragement for growth
Summers are tough
Management is not on the same page
Easy job overall
Expect customers to be difficult
No scheduled breaks, if any
Very fast-paced
RENTAL AGENT (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CAJune 27, 2018
Very fast-paced environment. Hectic at times but all in all everyone worked hard to help each other out. When I worked here we were in the process of moving into a new location. Prior to the new location our customers would be so unsatisfied before they would make it to our counters due to the confusion on how to make it to our location. Being a rental agent you are the first person they see so it ends up being your job to appease them or deal with their irate attitudes.
Pros
transportation
1 of the best
Customer Service & Collections (Former Employee) –  Venice, CAJune 22, 2018
Sixt is 1 of the best companies that I've had the pleasure working for and I would still be there if the paid and/or career advancement was a little better because it was a joy to work with my co-workers at Sixt and great discounts on the rental cars as well.
Pros
Great Co-workers and Managers + Discounts on Rentals
Cons
Low wages and slow career advancement
I would have loved to stay if better management and better pay
Branch Manager (Former Employee) –  United StatesJune 19, 2018
One of the best companies I worked for but the management is bad. Only contact you if you do something wrong or they want something. No appraisal whatsoever.
Pros
Great Team
Cons
Managament and pay
fun place to work
Sr. Rental Sales Agent (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TX 75254June 13, 2018
commission based job which is good if you learn and understand the products that you are selling. be prepared for more work at a downtown location then at a airport because there is more downtime. overall i would recommend the job as it is a good place to work.
Branch Manager (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAMay 15, 2018
Not that great.

Pay stays upward.

Hard work does not get rewarded.

No clear promotional path.

No consistency in promotional path.

Company vision in the US is not clear to employees.
Pros
Vehicles
Cons
3rd party vendor
It's ok but it's definitely not for everyone
Reservations Agent (Former Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLMay 9, 2018
Basic call center job. You clock in and have to get on the phones right away. You work for 4 hours straight, on the phone, with little to no opportunities for breaks most days. You have a 30 minute break to do whatever you please, and then 4 more hours of the same. Its fine the first few months but as the days pass by, it starts to become a little miserable (at least for me it did). The company culture is outstanding but I wish I got to know my coworkers more before I left the company. Their training is great! When you're first hired, they train you for 2 weeks and you learn absolutely everything there is to know. No complaints there. Management is... subpar. For a company to work, there needs to be communication. Management only communicates with it's employees regarding numbers and percentages: when the group is meeting it's goal or when it's not.Questions are okay in the beginning, but you can tell management doesn't tolerate it after a certain point. In order to work at Sixt as a reservation's agent, you can't mind sitting in a chair for 8 hours each day and doing the same thing over and over again.
Pros
Paid training, great benefits
Cons
lack of communication
Rental Agent
Rental Agent (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVMay 8, 2018
Worked as a rental agent M-F. I learned a lot of things while working with as a rental agent. I had the responsibilty in the morning shifts take me sure everything was okay in the morning and everything was ready. Also did Customer service while I worked a Sixt rental Car. I worked 9 to 10 hour shifts. I loved my Co workers and management but did not like the Owners at the time.
Pros
Worked a lot of hours
Cons
Never full-time did not promote me and no benefits
Worst place to work
Rental Agent (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVApril 23, 2018
No advancement. Managers treat you like you're nothing and are always breathing down your neck. If you get harassed HR and managers don't do anything about it. Embarrassing. Also you're FORCED to take your break if not you get in trouble!
Pros
Coworkers
Cons
Everything else.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Sixt Rent a Car. Our community is ready to answer.