Sixt Rent a Car Pay & Benefits reviews

Recently separated
Fleet Planner and Customer Service Agent (Former Employee) –  Denver, COAugust 28, 2019
The company of Sixt is a great company to work with. However, the newer Denver branch is lacking in many areas. I recently was separated due to supposedly being in violation of company policy. The real reason is that management is sketchy and unprofessional. I made a report to HR about harrassment and was fired within two weeks. Defending myself put a target on my back. Unless you're always a "yes man" and suck up to management, you won't last long. And dont expect a social life, they'll schedule you however they want. Any other, more established branch would be a much better job than the Denver one.
Pros
Good pay. Decent benefits
Cons
Management. Scheduling. No job security.
Supposed to be great, but lacking!!!!
Rental Sales Agent fmr Customer Service Agent (Current Employee) –  Miami, FLAugust 11, 2019
Sixt would be ok, depending on where you live. The commission structure sucks, benefits are ok for a European company. Career advancement can be taken away in an instant because of changes. Some of the managers are inefficient and makes you wonder how they got that position.You grow by who you know. I think I would of enjoyed my time here a lot more if there was a lot more consistency.
Great Culture to Move Towards Big Companies
Customer Service Agent (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CAAugust 8, 2019
Sixt Rent a Car is a big company in Europe. Definitely still brand new here in the US. Working as a CSA, was a fun and sometimes stressful department to work in.
It’s a good job not too hard , not too easy good pay & a good environment
Detailer (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAAugust 3, 2019
Working at this job is good they have friendly co-workers & it’s a good experience have also their pay are good , paid every week & you can choose to do overtime at anytime.
Productive and fun work place
Rental Sales Agent (Former Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLJune 3, 2019
I’ve had a lot of great experiences here. You get to drive all types of fancy cars. You do work based on commission also which was the downfall. Let’s say you sold all the packages to one customer that had a car for five days and then you get another customer that took nothing for seven days basically you would lose a bigger portion of your commission then if you were to keep you commission. Basically they would encourage you not to cheat but if you want to succeed you have to lie to the customers to be able to make any type of commission. You would never get a raise because you would be making commission. So your hourly is what always stay the same. But other than that I would recommend the job because it is a great experience and it also looks good on your resume.
Not Worth It
Benefits Manager, People Programs (Former Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLMay 29, 2019
Working at Sixt Rent a Car was probably the most stressed out I had ever been in my life. Beginning with the recruitment of poor management whom clearly have zero knowledge of the industry or overall department standards and heavily rely on the work on their subordinates who are severely under-paid was the main reason I left the company. Not only was there a lack of management at Sixt but as well as a clear culture of favoritism. No matter how much work you out in there if you are not one of the managers favorites there is no advancement for you nor salary increases even if you worked tirelessly and performed well in your role. I was pushed into a new position within the company that I did not want and for a year I pleaded for the opportunity to move out of the position into a new role (even open positions I was qualified for) but was always shot down only because I performed well in the Benefits role and they did not want me to leave. The only "pro" of the company was the coworkers and life long friendships I made there. But the unfair treatment of management and poor compensation and benefits was enough to make me leave after over two years.
Cons
Stay away from working on this company!!!
Claims Specialist (Former Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLMay 29, 2019
Terrible management skills very bad communication with employees too many people leave the company too quick. dislike managers how they treat unfair and not equally every employee. Stressful environment!! They do not want to pay you enough and manager would not let you grow and would do anything to keep you in the same position with the same little money. Benefits are horrible as well because the company only pays half of the premium and it is extremely expensive. Between all the deductions and the amount of money the employee has to pay for benefits, your check is nothing. No work life balance either. You do not have private life at all! Coworkers, team leads and management are super rude too.
Pros
Decent PTO
Cons
Everything else
Hectic
RSA/CSA/SCA (Former Employee) –  Inglewood, CAApril 23, 2019
Not much to say other than it was really hard to try to move up and get raises here. Management takes frequent vacations and leaves the workforce to fend for themselves.
Pros
Higher pay then neighboring cities
Cons
No room for advancement/ pay increases
Run do not apply
Retail Sales Agent (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAFebruary 21, 2019
I read this and it is true, this job is intended for young folks with no kids and responsibilities. I was hired under the impression I will make enough commission to forget about the poor hourly pay. I was so wrong. I could work a less stressful job with less responsibilities for the same pay. Commission has been based off of uncontrollable factors. For example, cars not being cleaned properly or just not available. Commission SUCKS for the airport so all you have is the hourly to fall back on, which is what I will get paid working in a fast food restaurant. The worst part besides the pay is the verbal abuse encountered everyday. And the best part management does nothing about it. This is the worst environment I have ever worked. It is so hostile, you already expect the customer to be irate. There is always a wait on vehicles, which causes a bad experience, in which we get bad surveys, which leads to less/ no commission pay out. For an adult with rent and extra responsibilities, there is no way you can survive working at Sixt. A lot of work, stress, sales goals, and little pay. They overwork you and underpay you. The schedule is ridiculous. You can't have a second job, because airport is 24hrs. All you can do is suck it up until a new opportunity arises. I should have never agreed to a job paying a low hourly, regardless of commission. I have worked in commission based environments with some amazing hourly. When employees are not being paid, moral goes down. Sixt USED to pay 15/hr now you will be lucky even making 25k a year. Good luck. This place sucks.
Pros
Meeting new people
Cons
pay, no break possible at airport, hostile and verbal abuse EVERY DAY
Exciting upbeat place to work
Customer Service Agent (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAFebruary 19, 2019
I enjoyed working for sixt rent a car. The pay is good, the people I met were pretty cool. Management is chill they aren't on your back as long as your doing your job.
Pros
Flexible schedule and good pay
Cons
standing outside when its cold or hot
Insane Work Load and bad hours
Fleet Planner (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLDecember 29, 2018
I regularly work 11-12 hour days with no breaks. I end up staying passed my scheduled time almost every day. Management has added more and more duties and work load to my position without any raise or hiring anymore staff to help. I routinely have to act as a manager for customer complaints because there is not usually one around to deal with anything. All customer phone calls get routed to my phone now, meaning I have to deal with that as well. My duties are only suppose to include the planning of vehicle movements between lots.
Pros
Forced Overtime
Cons
Lack of management, Horrible hours, Lack of staff
good
Maintained cars (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CADecember 5, 2018
good job itss really easy to work withh the boss is understatning and the job is easy its not hard anybody can work here witha reasonable resume of course
Demanding Job
CUSTOMER SERVICE/ RENTAL SALES (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLNovember 12, 2018
Sixt rental car is a very demanding and stressful job, but the working environment is like no other. If you are very driven you are very likely to succeed in this company
Benefits
Cons
Overworked, complicated policies
Pays wells
Rental Sales Agent (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLOctober 3, 2018
You can make a lot on commission but work life balance is not great. For some who has an open schedule and does not mind stress it can be a great job.
Pros
Money
Cons
Short brakes
It's ok but it's definitely not for everyone
Reservations Agent (Former Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLMay 9, 2018
Basic call center job. You clock in and have to get on the phones right away. You work for 4 hours straight, on the phone, with little to no opportunities for breaks most days. You have a 30 minute break to do whatever you please, and then 4 more hours of the same. Its fine the first few months but as the days pass by, it starts to become a little miserable (at least for me it did). The company culture is outstanding but I wish I got to know my coworkers more before I left the company. Their training is great! When you're first hired, they train you for 2 weeks and you learn absolutely everything there is to know. No complaints there. Management is... subpar. For a company to work, there needs to be communication. Management only communicates with it's employees regarding numbers and percentages: when the group is meeting it's goal or when it's not.Questions are okay in the beginning, but you can tell management doesn't tolerate it after a certain point. In order to work at Sixt as a reservation's agent, you can't mind sitting in a chair for 8 hours each day and doing the same thing over and over again.
Pros
Paid training, great benefits
Cons
lack of communication
Rental Agent
Rental Agent (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVMay 8, 2018
Worked as a rental agent M-F. I learned a lot of things while working with as a rental agent. I had the responsibilty in the morning shifts take me sure everything was okay in the morning and everything was ready. Also did Customer service while I worked a Sixt rental Car. I worked 9 to 10 hour shifts. I loved my Co workers and management but did not like the Owners at the time.
Pros
Worked a lot of hours
Cons
Never full-time did not promote me and no benefits
Claims Specialist/Claims Processor
Claims Specialist (Former Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLApril 1, 2018
Sixt Fort Lauderdale only difference in their Claims Specialist and Processor is that one is salary and the other is hourly. Both positions do the same work, which has nothing to do with claims work but COLLECTIONS. IF YOU ARE LOOKING FOR A COLLECTION JOB THIS OPPORTUNITY IS FOR YOU.

No claims work just collecting money from renters that may or may not have done damage to their vehicle. You will be collecting on damages/repairs that are never done for the most part.

If you are a person of integrity and have values this company isn't for you.
Pros
It's a job
Cons
Healthcare, pay, management, confidentially, advancement within the company and difference in treatment based on your department.
Sixt Summary
Lead Rental Sales Agent (Former Employee) –  Santa Clara, CAMarch 29, 2018
While working at Sixt rent a car, I was able to fine turn my sales skills as this was a commission based job. This job had its ups and down as it was busy one day and slow the next. one issue we constantly had on a weekly basis was not having the stock of rentals for all our clients. More than likely running out of cars for appointments and having to come up with plans to navigate around issues.
Pros
commission based incentives
Cons
early and late hours. Very high Stress
Fast paced, challenging, fun job,
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  West Palm Beach, FLFebruary 19, 2018
Co-workers all have each other backs. Fun place to work at. Great if you are a student. You are your own manager most of the time. They are very cultural.
Benefits
Cons
The system they had when it came to selling and the percentage you get back.
tough job but decent pay
Rental Sales Agent (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJanuary 24, 2018
you deal with a tough crowd working at the airport but you are trained adequately and know how to respond. flexible hours, decent pay but very stressful environment

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Sixt Rent a Car. Our community is ready to answer.