Sizzling Platter, LLC Employee Reviews

fast pace work envorment
Little Caesars Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Corpus Christi, TXApril 27, 2019
A hard working place
Fast pace
Great mangers
Keeping up was hard
Great people
Good pizza
Fun place to work
lot of hard work goes a long way
Great management
Pros
great people
Cons
no breaks if any at all
bussing/ dishwasher
Dishwasher and Busser (Former Employee) –  Orem, UTApril 11, 2019
well the days where at times rought. I learned a lot honesty the most of it I did learn on my owe. I spray off dishes ran throw a washer. I had to change the washer about every 2 to 3 hours unless it got way busy.. bussing the table to me was a new thing but it wasn't to hard lots of lefting and whipping down table. At time it got pretty busy nun stop about every thing.
Pros
N/a
Cons
able short breaks when able too
Love it..
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Clinton, UTFebruary 20, 2019
I managed a little ceasars and I loved it. If I can go back I would- but I’d need to make a little more than I was when I left.excellent for a high school kid to learn some responsibility.
Sucked
Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Corpus Christi, TXFebruary 11, 2019
I worked for this company for a few months, work was ok and the staff was friendly. Just beware cause they will either give you a couple days working or none at all.
Productive but allot of favoritism
Cashier (Former Employee) –  El Paso, TXJanuary 21, 2019
A typical day of work was the general manager yelling at you if you were not fast enough. The kitchen employees who are older women also seemed to be everyone"s business. They would get angry if you made a mistake. If they did not like you they would lie on the survey to get you in trouble.
Pros
Good hours
Cons
no room for improvement unless you were liked.
Not a lot of opportunity
Assistant Manager, Sizzler Restaurant (Former Employee) –  West Jordan, UTNovember 19, 2018
Serving pays more than managing most of the time or at least it takes a while to make money as a manager. This acts as an active disincentive for advancement.
Pros
Serving was good money
Cons
Everything else
The people there are awesome.
Server/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Nampa, IDMarch 18, 2018
The people there are awesome, it’s a very unpredictable place though, you never know if someone is actually going to show up for their shift. The managers are great but the staff is all young so they don’t really respect the managers. People don’t tip well either, so making 3.35 an hour plus tips is not the way to go with this business
Previous Assistant/General Manager
Assistant Manager/ General Manager (Former Employee) –  Pinellas Park, FLFebruary 19, 2018
Overall I enjoyed my time working for Sizzling platter... I worked for this company for over 3 years.

Main complaint is the pay. However, in general I feel that jobs in fast food are not meant as careers (unless district manager and higher). They just don't pay enough.
Ok i guess
TEAM MEMBER - WING STOP RESTAURANT (Former Employee) –  Waldorf, MDDecember 16, 2017
Only good for part-time job seekers. Full-time is absolutely not an option. They require you to act like your job is a 5 star restaurant when actually its a slow food serving place. People mostly complain about the wait on their food.
Great career path
General Manager (Current Employee) –  Murray, UTNovember 20, 2017
This company really is brilliant.

Built from the ground up in Utah, this is a place you can be proud to work for.

It's the restaurant business, so you can expect long hours and sometimes stressful environments.

Insurance is good, pay could be better, job security is pretty strong as long as you do your job.
Stressfull work place
Kitchen Manager (Former Employee) –  Murray, UTOctober 3, 2017
Treat employees unfairly, don't provide meals, hard work, no benefits at all, boss to bipolar, management favoritism for some ones, too much work for pay received
Good place to be
General Manager Little Caesars Roy, UT (Current Employee) –  Murray, UTOctober 1, 2017
Spi is a friendly place with lots of caring people. Always fast paced and growing. It has its stresses like every job but as long as your doing the best you can you are respected
A good company to work for.
General Manager (GM) (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTJune 26, 2017
Overall I enjoyed my time with Sizzling Platter.
Once the company was purchased by a hedge fund things changed.
Sizzling Platter operates many different restaurant concepts.
They try to keep a good work life balance.
Pros
When it was privately owned the owners were awesome.
Cons
Room for advancement is not always there.
Progressive work environment
Human Resources Generalist (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTMarch 17, 2017
My favorite job to date. Would not have left if my husband had not been offered a job out of state.
I enjoyed being able to have an outline of what was expected of me, but having the freedom & empowerment to create procedures and processes.
Pros
Free lunches!
Good pay and flexible hours
Food Prep and Cashier (Current Employee) –  Provo, UTMarch 14, 2017
Good pay, flexible hours, but the work can be very stressful, as is the nature of most fast food. Make sure you know how to run a cash register and it will be easier to start out.
Pros
Free food
Cons
Stressful environment
Fun job, good working enviroment
Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMMarch 6, 2017
Overall, the job was very fun, and enjoyable. Some of the leaders would slack off, but the crew itself was amazing. Great for team building, and entry level jobs.
Pros
Free Pizza
Cons
Customers
Shift Manager (Current Employee) –  Tupelo, MSMarch 3, 2017
I learned how to work with people and to be out spoken... Its a fun place to work at....there is really not a hard part in the job since i been there since they opened up..
Cashier/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTFebruary 28, 2017
A typical day of work at sizzling platter, llc is always a great experience with a fun well organized team that works well together to making sure we meet guest satisfaction with each of there orders
Pros
Good management
Cons
No breaks
Not fun at all, tiring.
General Manager (Former Employee) –  TexasJanuary 26, 2017
Horrible management, and company over all. They don't actknowledge you, never get pay raises and you do to much work for what they actually pay you. Not a very fair company!
Pros
Cons
No break
Sizzling Platter was a great company to work for with a great culture that helped to develop my passion for the industry.
General Manager (Former Employee) –  Murray, UTSeptember 21, 2016
I enjoyed my 31 years with Sizzling Platter as it helped to develop my passion for the industry while allowing me to work with great leaders and mentors throughout my career. I learned about the importance of culture in the workplace and how to develop culture into a very positive attribute. I also learned great training skills and was able to use those in many roles.
Pros
Great training and culture.
Cons
Limited advancement opportunities for my location at the time.