SJ Transportation Co., Inc. Employee Reviews

See reviews about:
Ok job. Not great or the worse
Truck Driver Class A (Former Employee) –  Woodstown, NJJuly 22, 2018
Job is OK. Pay is low for the type of work and materials being hauled. I liked it until I was kept out through weekends and not getting home for a reset. Twice this happened and I was done. Company might be better now with Elogs. But when on paper they ran you hard. Too hard. I would have to be very desperate to work there again. My pay was almost always wrong. I got it the next week but always had to keep on top of it. Very frustrating
Pros
Peterbuilt trucks
Cons
Low pay. Not enough hometime
Official response from SJ Transportation Co., Inc.
August 10, 2018

Thanks for your feedback, it’s greatly appreciated. We are continuously trying to improve and always welcome suggestions. In reviewing your comments specifically related to E-Logs it would suggest you worked here prior to December 2017. I’m happy to share that in January 2018 we rewarded our great driver force with the largest increase in our history as well as offering a healthcare package that is both affordable to buy and limits out of pocket expenses. As a rule our pay is accurate but your comment has prompted us to make sure we spend more time during orientation/training to better explain so that everyone’s well in communicating work performed to assure accuracy in pay. Thanks again for the review and stay safe out there.

Great company for new and experienced drivers.
Hazmat Tanker Driver (Current Employee) –  Woodstown, NJSeptember 7, 2017
It's a fast paced work environment with knowlageable professionals at the helm, and experienced drivers on the road. SJ has a family oriented atmosphere and I've always felt that the company has my best interest in hand. SJ Transportation has a solid reputation for being an outstanding trucking company. They have cultivated long standing relationships with both clients and driver.s I would recommend anyone with a serious desire to persue a career as a Commercial Hazmat Transporter, to seriously consider becoming part of the SJ Transportation family.
Pros
Great pay, people and opportunity
Honest people to work for, treated fairly
Driver OTR (Current Employee) –  Woodstown, NJAugust 30, 2017
Growing company hauling hazmat in vans, tankers or roll-offs, you get pick your type of work but I did all so earning power was better.
The owner is straight up and used to drive here so he gets it. May sound corny but working here is like being part of a family. They advertise average driver pay is $65000 a year but I did better, just need to be willing to work. Nice trucks, Petes and Macks that pull. All good I plan to retire from here.
Pros
Good people, good money, good equipment, good hometime usually every weekend
Cons
Not much local work available
Official response from SJ Transportation Co., Inc.
January 16, 2018

New pay and benefits package putting SJ drivers in the top pay scale for trucking.

Good people to work with, family atmoshpere
Middle management (Current Employee) –  Woodstown, NJJune 22, 2017
Everyone here is treated with respect, one team pulling together for a common goal, owner has worked every job here so understands what his folks do for a living.
Pros
SJ cares about their people, drivers can earn a good living plus ample home time, weekends off.
Cons
Hard to think of any
Fun and inspirational
OTR Driver (Former Employee) –  Woodstown, NJApril 27, 2017
I loved working with this company. They are the kind of company that allows a driver to be diversified. You are able to be local, dedicated, regional, or OTR.
Pros
Excellent home time without losing pay.
Cons
Alot of hazwaste.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at SJ Transportation Co., Inc.. Our community is ready to answer.

4.3