SK Food Group Employee Reviews

Great Company
Senior Network Systems Administrator (Former Employee) –  Reno, NVSeptember 5, 2018
Awesome company to work for. They really take you in and train you to be the best at any position they hire you for. They are professional and push their employees toward advancement at all times.
It was great
Food Handler (Former Employee) –  Reno, NVAugust 12, 2018
The people where great but the work environment wasn't always the warmest. The amount of effort you put into the work isn't worth what the pay is. The end
productive in a fun enviorment
Manufacturing Associate (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZAugust 8, 2018
SK FOOD GROUP is a great place to work at in fun people by your side to help you when you feel lost but the first day I work there I caught on fast that week
Pros
Cons
30 min breaks
Good Job
Leadership Team Member (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJune 21, 2018
To be honest , it's a good place to work but it's very stressful and cold.
I am a woman and I can carry 50 pounds down, it is very tired for me.
Even though both my knees have been operated, I'm still strong and I can do my job well.
The people at Sk Food are very friendly, some people are not and they think they are very competitive.
Thanks to my effort, I am now a line manager although my English is not very good.
I am grateful for the things that Sk Food has done for me, it is a good company and very cooperative.
Pros
Good salary
Cons
No free lunches, very cold, a lot of physical strength
Great Place to work
Production Worker (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHMay 29, 2018
Working at SK food group was a very fun experience.The Staff was great and i would recommend to others. it's defiantly a great place to work.The pay raises was great as well,
Terrible work environment
Inventory Control/ Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Groveport, OHApril 8, 2018
This place has the most favoritism I have ever seen in a work place. Its not what you know its who you know is a staple in this company. Good pay depending on the area you work in. Any little thing can have you black balled and then they look for a reason to terminate you. Showing initiative is frowned upon. If a member of management does not suggest it then your ideas for improvement are stupid and irrelevant!!!
Pros
Pay for pit operators
Cons
Everything else
bad workplace environment
Lead (Former Employee) –  Groveport, OHApril 6, 2018
This place was absolutely horrible. No room for advancement. A lot of high school type drama going on. Not a job you can turn into a career. Terrible work environment.
Pros
Got to bring home food.
Cons
too much drama
lunch breaks are good
Kitting/Reach Truck Operator (Current Employee) –  Groveport, OHMarch 7, 2018
The pay here at this company is nice... If you like freezing temperatures. This Company is very diverse.. Its a clean/sanitized facility. The workers are friendly.
Warehouse Worker (Current Employee) –  Columbus, OHFebruary 27, 2018
It's a great job to work at just dress work because it's cold but other than that great. Nice break times and everything.Its also on the bus line so no problems getting to work.Monday through Friday and perfect schedules.
Nice place to work as an in-between job
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee) –  Groveport, OHFebruary 8, 2018
The management at this place wasn't the best, but it is a typical warehouse job. you get paid minimally, but the work is not that hard. Fun people to work with, but not much to advance. this is not a good career job, just a good in-between job when looking for other work.
Pros
Great health insurance, fun people to work with
Cons
management, pay is low
Fast paced environment
Production Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Reno, NVFebruary 5, 2018
SK Food Group is a very fast paced environment. You are working in a cold atmosphere which is not for everyone. Although it does have its benefits SK offers a lot of opportunities for advancement.
Pros
Great place to work. Lots of opportunities
Cons
Cold environment
A great place to be.
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee) –  Reno, NVJanuary 24, 2018
I learned to be a man and take leadership over a team and reach goals and pursue learning from others around me.We are a team and with that you help others.
Pros
Awesome Job
Cons
Work you to death and then spit you out
QA Technician (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHJanuary 9, 2018
Would rather treat people as disposable than train and move as needed. Poor management is an understatement. No one keeps their job here for long. High stress because production planners and sales make promises the production staff can't keep.
it was horrible
Production Worker (Former Employee) –  Canal Winchester, OHDecember 28, 2017
They treated workers unfairly. they also used molded products which they make starbucks product and also they cover up a lot of things just so that they wont get shut down. they aslo had birds in the building that was there for a week before it got put out
What a joke.
Employee (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZDecember 4, 2017
The management are all related somehow and play favoritism to the T. Also if they find out you are looking for another job they will call that place and give you a bad name. Too many upper management trying to run the production floor and tell you they have experience in everything but don't show it or try to belittle your experience. If you like to be micromamages then SK is the place for you. Don't expect to have a home life or any success unless you date a manager or above.
very poor
QA Technician (Former Employee) –  Reno, NVOctober 22, 2017
This company has a very high turn around rate and uses ,high percentage of temporary personnel. they pay temporary employees h igher than they do permanant employees. it has very low moral.
it was great working with other cultures
Production supervisor (Former Employee) –  Groveport, OHOctober 22, 2017
A good starter job for someone that needs some work experience. Or for someone who's new to this country and doesn't speak a lot of English. I may not agree with things but, over all it paid the bills.
Pros
will work
Cons
cold, culture barrier, pay rate
theres pros and cons of it
sanitaion (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZOctober 17, 2017
great job management just needs to increase there skills when dealing with employees. and also proper training in each positionis a must. other than that i worked wit a great group of hard workers
Productive place
Packaging Lead (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZAugust 27, 2017
Quick-pace job, packaging Food for starbucks, new company just opened two or 3 months ago, good pay rate, in a cold enviroment, work around positive people.
Executive Managers are not on the same page
Manager (Current Employee) –  Seattle, WAJuly 4, 2017
Culture is very passive aggressive. There are constant gossip corners that speak for an associates work rather than the work. It is difficult to trust anyone on any team since everyone spends time defending what they do instead of management trying to understand what we do.