Skagit Regional Health Employee Reviews

A public hospital system trying to do the best it can in IT
Systems Analyst and Deployment Specialist (Former Employee) –  Skagit County, WAAugust 6, 2018
Skagit Regional is working toward a goal of computerizing all its clinics and locations with hardware and software upgrades.

It can be chaotic but the Org is doing the best it can with limited resources.
Manager (Former Employee) –  Mount Vernon, WAJuly 18, 2018
A very difficult place to work as there seems to be no clear provider expectations, administrative leadership, or direction. There is a new CEO as of 11/2017, so hopefully things will start to change for the better.
co workers are great
Certifed Coder (Former Employee) –  Mount Vernon, WAJuly 15, 2018
I enjoyed my job and the co workers I worked with we were a team. Management changes often and puts in place new policies. The department is constantly understaffed and workers are required to do more to pick up the difference.
Pros
great co workers and good pay
Cons
over worked asked to do more
Collaborative and Motivating
Epic Application Analyst (Former Employee) –  Mount Vernon, WAMay 21, 2018
When I was at Skagit Regional Health I was give full reign to be creative, take on tasks by myself with the support of management to help me get the resources and education that I may have needed to accomplish the tasks at hand.
Pros
Management Support
Cons
Distance from where I lived. 66 miles north.
Small community medical system with poor leadership
Family Physician (Current Employee) –  Mount Vernon, WAMarch 4, 2018
Ingrained leadership with no future vision, no teamwork among staff or physicians, substandard care with little support from the community. I would not recommend working here. They, however, have hired a new CEO and CFO, which may bring fresh life, but it will be an uphill battle because there is little physician leadership or commitment to excellence. They pay well, largely because they overcharge whenever they can.
Great Benefits, stressful working environments
Server Engineer (Former Employee) –  Mount Vernon, WAFebruary 20, 2018
For FTE's the benefits are great. Projects with constant moving targets made the work environment is stressful to say the very least. The people I worked with made it worth while.
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
Stressfull, disorganized, constant moving targets for projects.
Great work environment
Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee) –  Mount Vernon, WAJanuary 29, 2018
I enjoyed working with the team at Skagit Valley Hospital.
I had the pleasure of performing most duties available to pharmacy technicians in an inpatient pharmacy. There are plenty of opportunities to advance internally if you are motivated.
I do not reccomend
Certified Medical Assistant (AAMA) (Former Employee) –  Mount Vernon, WAJanuary 26, 2018
I do not recommend working for this company. I have nothing positive to say in regards to the company, with the exception of my co-workers being exceptional people who all deserve better.
Horrible, miserable workplace
Business office/ insurance specialist (Former Employee) –  Mount Vernon, WANovember 28, 2017
Management was horrible. No training. Under staffed for the amount of work. (Business office/billing). No policy an procedures. Co workers were draining. Alot of turn over for the amount of time I was around for.
Pros
Pay was decent
Cons
No training, everyone was on a different page.
Patient Care and Safety are number one priorities.
Epic Credentialed Trainer (Current Employee) –  Arlington, WAOctober 19, 2017
Everything else revolves around these factors. They determine workflow, staffing, hours, etc. Skagit Valley Health has done a remarkable job of balancing these. A typical day for me involves assisting nurses, surgeons, anesthesia providers and management staff in charting patient progress as patients progress through all phases of surgery.
Pros
Wonderfully dedicated group of people.
Cons
It's healthcare. Expect long hours.
Change
Epic Willow Principle Trainer (Current Employee) –  Mount Vernon, WAAugust 24, 2017
I am thankful for the opportunity, but there is some issues with management. everyone seems to follow different rules. People are getting away with way to much and it makes it hard for those of us who actually care about the work we put into our jobs.
great coworkers/intimidating management
Cook (Former Employee) –  Mount Vernon, WAMarch 9, 2017
Do your homework and get it in writing lots of promises made few followed through management creates hostile work environment based on fear which is unfortunate because there are several wonderful employees
productive, professional and enjoyable environment to work in.
Certified Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Sedro-Woolley, WAJanuary 25, 2017
Professional and genuine doctors whom I had the pleasure working for. It greatly increased my knowledge as a Medical Assistant and gave me the confidence to expand my skills within the office.
Skagit Regional Health is a great place to work
Talent Acquisition Specialist (Current Employee) –  Mount Vernon, WADecember 8, 2016
Skagit Regional Health is an excellent employer. My experience is working with a great team and have a very supportive manager, who is encouraging and provides opportunities to grow and learn.

My coworkers are all dedicated to the same goal of providing help and support to fellow staff and managers, which makes each day a pleasure to be at work.

I am also very impressed with the CEO, and his approach and message. He seems very caring and responsive to the needs of the staff, management and community outreach.

I would recommend this employer!
Pros
Great coworkers and good benefits.
Great Career Opportunities!
Talent Acquisition Specialist (Current Employee) –  Mount Vernon, WAOctober 26, 2016
I recently started the next part of my career at Skagit Regional Health and love my new job!! My new position is challenging and rewarding, great co-workers and lots of opportunity for growth! I feel valued and love helping make a positive impact in the company and Skagit community. Lots of opportunities for growth in the company!
Pros
Opportunities for growth!
Great Work Environment
Talent Acquisition Specialist (Current Employee) –  Mount Vernon, WAOctober 6, 2016
I have been with the company for almost a year now and have enjoyed every day. My job is challenging yet SO rewarding! I have great leadership and supportive co-workers! I look forward to many more years to come!
Pros
Hours and pay!
Growing company
Charge Capture Specialist/Admin Asst/Biller (Current Employee) –  Mount Vernon, WASeptember 28, 2016
My job is always changing. I have the flexibility to change my responsibilities in order to benefit our department. I enjoyed being part of the team to implement our EHR and look forward to learn our new hospital EHR
Hostile environment
Registered Nurse (RN) (Current Employee) –  My VernonAugust 22, 2016
Poor management. The employees are bullied and treated poorly. Little to no education opportunities. Pay is mediocre and there are no advancement opportunities. Management dies not care that the primary caregivers are working short staffed and patient safety is comprised. Horrible health care benefits. No lunch breaks.
Pros
Great doctors and staff members
Cons
Short or no breaks, hostile environment, poor management
Horrible company to work for
Medical assistant (Former Employee) –  Mount Vernon waJune 16, 2016
Administration and management are bullies, would not reccomend this company! The doctors are great and care about their patients unfortunately all admin and managers see are money!!!!! They are always short staffed and don't care about saftey and you are not treated with respect! in the time that I worked there I had 5 managers and only 1 was good manager the rest were/are horrible!
Pros
Cons
Short staffed, over worked, bullies, extremely low pay, treated with no respect
Nightmare Management
Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee) –  WashingtonApril 21, 2016
Very hostile environment , unfair , no communication and no training.
If they don 't get new management in the pharmacy . I ADVISE you to stay away from this pharmacy .I'm sure there's better jobs at other hospitals.
Pros
Bad management
Cons
Helping others

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Skagit Regional Health. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9