Skanska Employee Reviews

Found 312 reviews matching the search See all 1,062 reviews
Enjoyed working around this company
Drywall Hanger (Former Employee) –  Gainesville, FLMarch 18, 2019
This company was very cool they treated everyone like family and fair. They put you around the best from every part of the field and bring you up on motivated you too learn a trade and progress in life
Pros
opportunity and growth
Collegiality and Cake
Assistant Office Administrator (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAMarch 10, 2019
The employees were very engaging and always interested in learning about the "intern", me. There were celebrations throughout the month to keep workers happy and connected. And there was always cake!
Pros
Free lunches!
Cons
Promoting Interns is not policy
Senior Management
Director of Payroll Services (Former Employee) –  East Elmhurst, NYMarch 5, 2019
Good company to work for - upper management needs improvement
Limited growth for some - good benefits but senior management has changed so many times in the last few years that it leaves concerns on how the company will move forward
great place to work
Construction Laborer/Foreman (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMarch 5, 2019
good people, good work, good pay. They are a company that shows that they care. They show respect to there employees and are safety driven. great company to work for
Fun Place to work for
Project Controls Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Waltham, MAFebruary 27, 2019
Very friendly staff and great trainers. I walked in not knowing much on what to do but they guided me through everything step by step to insure I would be a great addition to their company.
Pros
Lunch break was an hour, a lot of good places to eat near by
Cons
Stock options
Stressful workplace with good pay
Tampa - Project Engineer - intern (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLFebruary 25, 2019
Stressful workplace but they pay was good. Clock in early, leave late. 40 hours a week minimum. Often if you want to advance in this field you will have to put in extra time and make the right connections.
Productive and fun workplace
Cost Engineering Intern (Former Employee) –  New York, NYFebruary 21, 2019
Summer internship, great manager, great co-workers, productive environment with plenty of help. Tasks were well explained and easily done, and the work environment was always good.
Pros
Free friday lunches, good advancement program, great management
Cons
Sometimes work would get slow since the project was ending
Good Place to work, Great Co-Workers
Project Engineer (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WAFebruary 14, 2019
The tough part is the amount of meetings that are required. This can subtract from your ability to complete tasks daily. I learned a lot about the construction industry in general. Field personnel are generally very helpful and willing to help you learn about the work. Management can be difficult in construction. My first manager was great, but my last couple were not always available. Workplace culture is usually positive. I was lucky enough to work with great people as peers. We tended to support each other well. The hardest part can be waiting. Whether it is waiting for subcontractors, managers or the client. I really enjoyed working with the tram and watching the projects progress.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Lunches were usually short
Excellent Company
Human Resources Support Manager (Former Employee) –  New York, NYFebruary 14, 2019
Highly recommend working for Skanska. Excellent benefits. Inclusive and diverse culture. Leadership development and career opportunities. Relaxed atmosphere.
We built a tunnel
Foreman (Former Employee) –  Norfolk, VAFebruary 12, 2019
While at Skanska we built a tunnel from Portsmouth to Norfolk Va. It was a nice place to work. If you were craft personal you New when the job was completed you would be laid off.
Pros
Big team.
Cons
Big team.
Never a dull moment
Accounts Payable Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Cortez, COFebruary 11, 2019
My years at Skanska were full of learning opportunities. Workplace culture was very teamwork oriented. Tours of job sites were always exciting and educational.
Great Career
Environmental Coordinator (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAFebruary 7, 2019
Skanska is a great place to have a career. The benefits package is great and I had the opportunity to grow if you work really hard.If you are on a project (not in a corporate office) you are expected to work 10-14 hours a day and some weekends depending on what is happening, that is the only downfall. The pay is good, but not after you factor in how many hours you work a week.
Great people to be associated with!
Earth work general foreman (Former Employee) –  Tacoma, WAJanuary 26, 2019
Daily routine is important, attention to detail is paramount! Safety is the ultimate culture. Happy people, fun environment, well compensated. Mistakes are not tolerated, do your job well or move on!
laid back good work atmosphere
Welder fabricator (Current Employee) –  Evansville, INJanuary 19, 2019
Typical day consists of a saftey meeting in the morning work 8 hours on what ever there is to work occasional overtime when really swamped and overall good place to work.
Pros
laid back
Cons
some people are too laid back
ACE Mentor Program
ACE Mentor Program (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJanuary 5, 2019
Skanska's ACE Mentor Program was a great program that showed me the basis of a construction company. I attended the program in high school. I was shown the different processes for building the 7th Avenue subway line in Manhattan. This program sealed my interest in construction for my career.
Great Place to Work
IT Business Analyst (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCJanuary 2, 2019
I enjoy working at Skanska. My colleagues and I do what we can each day to support the business goals. Management isupports its employees efforts to further develop his/her jobs skills. Our office has a casual, fun vibe. There's a culture club that plans office activities and events that coincide with holidays or current events such as holiday parties, Super Bowl parties, birthday celebrations, etc. The hardest part of the job is getting the rest of the business to see IT as part of the organization.
Pros
Ability to work from home one day a week
Cons
Communication from management can sometimes be spotty or slow
Stressful environment with little or no help from management
Project Accountant (Former Employee) –  New York, NYDecember 22, 2018
If you’re looking to plug numbers, get pushed around by operations, and have your manager throw you under the bus then this is the right place for you.

This position is nothing more than a data entry position so be prepared to dumb yourself down.

Also don’t look for fair compensation because there is none because that Luxury is only bestowed upon their marginal clerks that they call Senior Accountants.

All in all a big company but a huge disappointment.
Benefits
Cons
Long hours, dealing with undeveloped PM’s and No one cares
Great place to work. Would go back today.
Senior Electrical Estimator (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WADecember 19, 2018
Great place to work. Would go back today. Loved the culture, the people I worked with, the office ascetics (beautiful LEED building), location in Seattle.
Pros
All the tools needed to do your job. Mentorship.
N/a
Journeyman Mechanic (Current Employee) –  Pensacola, FLDecember 4, 2018
I Loved the company but they have a lot of employees who have been working here since high school and well the bring and unprofessional culture to the work experience.
Pros
great benifits and pay
Cons
Bad Management
Skanska
EHS Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WANovember 27, 2018
Leading commercial construction company who believes that work/life balance is essential.

Generous compensation package.

Team culture and mentality with a Social and Diversity committee.

Ideal office location.

They need to improve job descriptions and standards and training process.
Pros
parking provided, great pay, company sponsored social events
Cons
lack of training process

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Skanska. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2

Ratings from women

3.1InHerSight Score

3.1Personal Development

2.9Career Opportunities

3.1Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight