Skanska Employee Reviews

great company in different states
CONSTRUCTION SUPERINTENDENT (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXSeptember 24, 2018
Company is great in other states, not a lot of work in Houston.
people get complacent, lazy. Lack of communication throughout teams and upper management.
benefits
Cons
lack of communication from team members
N/a
Project Engineer (Current Employee) –  Hillsboro, ORSeptember 6, 2018
Management: Good
Workplace Culture: Good
Typical Day at Work: Good
This is a good place to work.
The most enjoyable part of the job: working with the team.
It was ok
Shuttle Driver (Former Employee) –  Queens, NYSeptember 5, 2018
Job was ok. The executives I drove within the airport were really nice. Management was lacking at times but overall not too bad. Some supervisors lacked leadership or involvement with some of the workers.
Fun work place
CAD Design Engineer (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCSeptember 5, 2018
It was a great opportunity and great team at First Street tunnel project. I learned many new things during my two years with Skanska there. they gave me the good lead to success, very good management team. I was proud to be a part of Skanska.
Leadman/Operator (Former Employee) –  Pensacola, FLAugust 26, 2018
I really enjoyed working for Skanska. I moved up very fast with the company, but went a different way with things. I went to get my NCCCO certs and the company supported me through all of it. When I got done there was no seats open so I had to leave them to follow my passion. Hopefully one day I will be able to return to skanska and get back to work with the great friends I made there.
fun yet focused work place
Superintendent (Current Employee) –  New York, NYAugust 24, 2018
Fun and energetic vibe. Strong leadership with focus on development of its employees. Safety first culture always striving zero accidents/incidents. .
Pros
free lunches
Cons
work and life balance
Good place to work.
CAD Tech II Lead (Former Employee) –  Evansville, INAugust 17, 2018
Great Benefits, Good Salary. Clean Healthy Environment. Education assistance was available. Somewhat flexible hours. I just wish they had taught me more electrical engineering instead of just drawing electrical schematics. Transfer to another department was not an option.
Can be difficult or rewarding to work for
Assistant Superintendent (Former Employee) –  New York, NYAugust 13, 2018
I learned many things but felt i could've learned a lot more if i had a better manager. Theres a lot of personal politics and people throwing each other under the bus on the larger projects. Days were extremely long sometimes but that is normal for this industry.
Pros
very good benefits, have some talented people working for them
Cons
work life balance, middle management can be awful
Fast paced rewarding work
Project Accountant (Former Employee) –  Miami and Fort LauderdaleAugust 4, 2018
On site helping the project managers to stay on schedule by facilitating payments and ensuring work completion matched cash flow needs. Very supporting teams and great mentorship from management. Finishing the high school and watching the excitement on the kid's faces was very rewarding. Staying on schedule given subcontractor hurdles was the most challenging.
Pros
Flexible Hours
Cons
Site changes once projects were substantially complete
Very professional intense atmosphere
Coordinator/Superintendent (Former Employee) –  NYCAugust 2, 2018
Skanska was very intense workplace. They demanded a lot from there employees. I work for them for short time and had to leave do to knee injury. But I can tell you from my experience, if you know and do your job, you can be very successful at Skanska
Depends on the job you're at.
Superintendent (Current Employee) –  Portsmouth, VAJuly 31, 2018
Skanska promotes "care for life" on all of its jobs. It really depends where you go, and who you work for with this company. I've had great managers, and really terrible managers. You will get a great work experience with Skanska, the projects are massive.
Pros
Great work experience .
Cons
You will work a lot!
Great Family Culture If You're Included in the Family
Project Engineer (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNJuly 13, 2018
Unfortunately, I was not included in the "family." I was the only minority who wasn't a receptionist or working "in the field." Even then, I was one of four. The office I worked for had anywhere between 50 and 100 employees, at any given moment. This was my first job after undergrad and I assumed that this was the Corporate America Way. Never hire too many minorities. I didn't understand, at that time, the effect that would have on my job performance and my social skills within the company. Oddly enough, their Atlanta office, at the same time, was the complete opposite. I remember going to a training there once and longing to move and work at that office.
Cut throat
Preconstruction Coordinator for Florida (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLJuly 6, 2018
Too many people that don't deserve it are getting promotions. The ones who do all the work get no credit. It's all about who you know and not so much about what you know.
Lack of advancement.
Shipping, Receiving, Forklift operator (Current Employee) –  Pensacola, FLJune 25, 2018
If you are a woman in this company, they don't want to advance you or give you a pay raise, even after long days with no breaks or lunch, and working for this company for over several months. Upper management doesn't want you there, because they think women are weak, and they would rather have men who don't complain or don't report their injuries. If you ask about a raise you are told NO. I was hurt on the job and went to my own doctor and now they don't want to give me workmen's comp or allow me work in the office until I'm better and back on my feet again.
Cons
No breaks or lunch, no pay raise.
LaGuardia Redevelopment Project - Queens, NY
Procurement Contract Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Queens, NYMay 28, 2018
Worked with supervisor who has poor management skills; supervisor very condescending. Did not want to explain processes to me during the first week of my employment. Self depricating supervisor very hard to work with.
Pros
Nice company
Cons
Supervisor(s) need diversity & ethics training.
Productive and fun workplace
Legal Assistant (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMay 20, 2018
Excellent work environment with caring people and a clear path for advancement. Collaboration between partner companies provides employees with a unique learning opportunity.
Great Company
Project EHS Manager (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMay 19, 2018
Skanska is one the largest General Contractors in the World. They have world class systems in place to support daily operations. This is a great company to work for if you're looking to get an insight on how great companies operate on the large scale.
Productive and fun work place
Oiler/Operator (Former Employee) –  Queens, NYMay 18, 2018
Was a temporary job through the union with this company . Atmosphere was great working environment hoping to go back once work picks back up. Was treated fairly and my union wages / benefits paid in full
Great company, transitioning leadership
Project Engineer (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLApril 17, 2018
Good opportunity to develop in a particular project that presented challenges with owner, trades and design team. I learned a lot on healthcare construction in a short time but the lack of leadership and proper training slowed the team and insight for career development.
Great people and team to work with!
Pros
Good team/people, work environment
Cons
work life balance, career development, compensation
Great company to work for and great bosses
Laborer (Former Employee) –  Elmhurst, NYApril 15, 2018
I was a very hard worker for them as long as you did that there was never a rush and everybody there was easy to get along with there. I loved the work they had me do
Pros
Great company
Cons
N/a

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Skanska. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2

Women's ratings

Powered by Fairygodboss

3.5Fairygodboss Score

50%say women are treated fairly and equally to men

50%would recommend to other women

Fairygodboss provides free job reviews for women, by women.