Skanska Management reviews

Found 105 reviews matching the search See all 1,066 reviews
I liked working there.
Welder/fitter (Former Employee) –  Evansville, INApril 8, 2019
I should've never quit to travel on nurse jobs with my wife. My wife and I tried a different way of life and it didn't work out for us. I was working for Skanska and quit to go on travel nurse jobs with my wife. I made a mistake that I now pay for by quitting skanska.
Skanska Sucks
Project Engineer (Former Employee) –  New York, NYApril 3, 2019
Don't work here unless you like being treated as if you're in jail. I was on the job site where my direct boss sat 10 feet away from me watching my every move. I even had to report to him when I had to go to the bathroom. This company sucks!!
Senior Management
Director of Payroll Services (Former Employee) –  East Elmhurst, NYMarch 5, 2019
Good company to work for - upper management needs improvement
Limited growth for some - good benefits but senior management has changed so many times in the last few years that it leaves concerns on how the company will move forward
Productive and fun workplace
Cost Engineering Intern (Former Employee) –  New York, NYFebruary 21, 2019
Summer internship, great manager, great co-workers, productive environment with plenty of help. Tasks were well explained and easily done, and the work environment was always good.
Pros
Free friday lunches, good advancement program, great management
Cons
Sometimes work would get slow since the project was ending
Good Place to work, Great Co-Workers
Project Engineer (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WAFebruary 14, 2019
The tough part is the amount of meetings that are required. This can subtract from your ability to complete tasks daily. I learned a lot about the construction industry in general. Field personnel are generally very helpful and willing to help you learn about the work. Management can be difficult in construction. My first manager was great, but my last couple were not always available. Workplace culture is usually positive. I was lucky enough to work with great people as peers. We tended to support each other well. The hardest part can be waiting. Whether it is waiting for subcontractors, managers or the client. I really enjoyed working with the tram and watching the projects progress.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Lunches were usually short
Great Place to Work
IT Business Analyst (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCJanuary 2, 2019
I enjoy working at Skanska. My colleagues and I do what we can each day to support the business goals. Management isupports its employees efforts to further develop his/her jobs skills. Our office has a casual, fun vibe. There's a culture club that plans office activities and events that coincide with holidays or current events such as holiday parties, Super Bowl parties, birthday celebrations, etc. The hardest part of the job is getting the rest of the business to see IT as part of the organization.
Pros
Ability to work from home one day a week
Cons
Communication from management can sometimes be spotty or slow
Stressful environment with little or no help from management
Project Accountant (Former Employee) –  New York, NYDecember 22, 2018
If you’re looking to plug numbers, get pushed around by operations, and have your manager throw you under the bus then this is the right place for you.

This position is nothing more than a data entry position so be prepared to dumb yourself down.

Also don’t look for fair compensation because there is none because that Luxury is only bestowed upon their marginal clerks that they call Senior Accountants.

All in all a big company but a huge disappointment.
Benefits
Cons
Long hours, dealing with undeveloped PM’s and No one cares
N/a
Journeyman Mechanic (Current Employee) –  Pensacola, FLDecember 4, 2018
I Loved the company but they have a lot of employees who have been working here since high school and well the bring and unprofessional culture to the work experience.
Pros
great benifits and pay
Cons
Bad Management
Great people
Art Director/Senior Graphic Artist (Current Employee) –  Queens, NYNovember 15, 2018
Skanska is a great place to work emphasized by the amazing people it employ's. The company itself isn't the best, and although it preaches diversity and inclusion, it doesn't seem to live up to it's own standard. No real opportunity for advancement or growth unless you're apart of the "club". Overall not a bad place, and management tries to take care of the employees.
Pros
Great benefits package, phenomenal colleges, great mission and projects.
Cons
No growth opportunities, office location is terrible.
Beautiful office
Accounts Payables Clerk (Former Employee) –  Parsippany, NJNovember 11, 2018
I din't not work there long enough to form an opinion. Beautiful office and wonderful colleagues. Professional and friendly job culture.
Great management team.
Informative
Project Manager & Building Contractor Intern (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCNovember 3, 2018
I learned a lot about project management and what it means to be one at the level of competence that Skanska expects. I had to put on many hats as only intern in terms of tech savvy-ness to people skills and basic know how of a construction environment. My supervisors took me under their wing and helped steer me in a direction that pushed me in creativity and diligence that came with accomplishing new tasks.
great company in different states
CONSTRUCTION SUPERINTENDENT (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXSeptember 24, 2018
Company is great in other states, not a lot of work in Houston.
people get complacent, lazy. Lack of communication throughout teams and upper management.
benefits
Cons
lack of communication from team members
N/a
Project Engineer (Current Employee) –  Hillsboro, ORSeptember 6, 2018
Management: Good
Workplace Culture: Good
Typical Day at Work: Good
This is a good place to work.
The most enjoyable part of the job: working with the team.
It was ok
Shuttle Driver (Former Employee) –  Queens, NYSeptember 5, 2018
Job was ok. The executives I drove within the airport were really nice. Management was lacking at times but overall not too bad. Some supervisors lacked leadership or involvement with some of the workers.
Fun work place
CAD Design Engineer (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCSeptember 5, 2018
It was a great opportunity and great team at First Street tunnel project. I learned many new things during my two years with Skanska there. they gave me the good lead to success, very good management team. I was proud to be a part of Skanska.
Can be difficult or rewarding to work for
Assistant Superintendent (Former Employee) –  New York, NYAugust 13, 2018
I learned many things but felt i could've learned a lot more if i had a better manager. Theres a lot of personal politics and people throwing each other under the bus on the larger projects. Days were extremely long sometimes but that is normal for this industry.
Pros
very good benefits, have some talented people working for them
Cons
work life balance, middle management can be awful
Fast paced rewarding work
Project Accountant (Former Employee) –  Miami and Fort LauderdaleAugust 4, 2018
On site helping the project managers to stay on schedule by facilitating payments and ensuring work completion matched cash flow needs. Very supporting teams and great mentorship from management. Finishing the high school and watching the excitement on the kid's faces was very rewarding. Staying on schedule given subcontractor hurdles was the most challenging.
Pros
Flexible Hours
Cons
Site changes once projects were substantially complete
Cut throat
Preconstruction Coordinator for Florida (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLJuly 6, 2018
Too many people that don't deserve it are getting promotions. The ones who do all the work get no credit. It's all about who you know and not so much about what you know.
Lack of advancement.
Shipping, Receiving, Forklift operator (Current Employee) –  Pensacola, FLJune 25, 2018
If you are a woman in this company, they don't want to advance you or give you a pay raise, even after long days with no breaks or lunch, and working for this company for over several months. Upper management doesn't want you there, because they think women are weak, and they would rather have men who don't complain or don't report their injuries. If you ask about a raise you are told NO. I was hurt on the job and went to my own doctor and now they don't want to give me workmen's comp or allow me work in the office until I'm better and back on my feet again.
Cons
No breaks or lunch, no pay raise.
LaGuardia Redevelopment Project - Queens, NY
Procurement Contract Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Queens, NYMay 28, 2018
Worked with supervisor who has poor management skills; supervisor very condescending. Did not want to explain processes to me during the first week of my employment. Self depricating supervisor very hard to work with.
Pros
Nice company
Cons
Supervisor(s) need diversity & ethics training.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Skanska. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2

Women's ratings

3.5Fairygodboss Score

50%say women are treated fairly and equally to men

50%would recommend to other women

Fairygodboss provides free job reviews for women, by women.

Powered by Fairygodboss