Skate World Employee Reviews

horrible
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Troy, MIFebruary 17, 2019
You get treated terribly ! the owner doesn’t care about you or if you get hurt on the job ! some of the managers there are terrible! you don’t get paid enough either
Very uncomforting setting
Walker (Former Employee) –  Waco, TXDecember 30, 2018
• Expected to clock in on time, wouldn't let you clock in early.
• I learned that I need to stand up for myself more in the work environment.
• The management was not the best. I was once working in the kitchen one night and the manager noticed human feces on the floor towards the skating rink. Instead of getting someone who was working in that area, the manager decided to pick the person based on a game of "noes-goes". I was the last to do it and was told that I needed to clean up the feces, even though I was the only person working the kitchen at that time.
• If you were new to the workplace then you were not included. The people who work there have worked there for years and have a close bond. One other girl and I applied around the same time and she decided to quit because she was not treated respectfully by certain workers because she was newer.
• The hardest part of the job was working with the other employees and the managers. I felt very disrespected a lot of the time that I was working at Skate World. I was belittled, bullied, and not treated as a human being.
• The most enjoyable part of Skate World was the customers. A lot of families came to Skate World and tended to be very friendly with the employees. There were a handful of customers that I can say we're not too pleasant to deal with, but overall I enjoyed the customers.
Pros
Making people happy
Cons
Little breaks, disrespected, poor magement
Great place to work at.
Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Springfield, ORJuly 25, 2018
Really enjoyed my experience working at SkateWorld. Management was great, as well as worked with a great and collaborative team. I recommend SkateWorld as a first time job to someone.
Pros
Great Team Environment
Cons
Not Enough Hours
Very fun work environment
Birthday Party Hostess (Current Employee) –  Billings, MTJuly 19, 2018
I love this place. Everyone is so at home at skate world and I love my job. I have a good relationship with many of my coworkers and bosses. They are very lenient and understanding.
Pros
Discounts
Cons
Low hours in the summer
The best job
Skate Guard (Former Employee) –  Wichita Falls, TXMarch 23, 2018
This was a family own business I work for my uncle and auntie they’ve own the busines for years and I was always there so they hired me to work there when I got the age I was a body guard at the age 12 and work in the kitchen and the skate floor
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
3 breaks
Skateworld
Recreation Assistant (Former Employee) –  Tallahassee, FLJanuary 22, 2018
This place is an okay place to work. The managers are poor at communicating with workers on a professional level. There is not a difference between professional and personal in skateworld.
Lots of energy.
Party Host (Former Employee) –  Deer Park, TX 77536October 24, 2017
If you dont want a boring job, this is the place. I was constantly running food, cleaning, cooking, ordering, and much more. Besides management, its mostly high school age employees.
Fun Workplace
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Kernersville, NCAugust 23, 2017
Great People, fun place, great culture, great managers, family environment, would recommend to others, mostly easy days, tons of customers, meets tons of people
Treated unfairly
Snack Bar Cashier (Former Employee) –  Tallahassee, FLMay 20, 2017
I got fired from this job because I accidentally brought alcohol to work and an underage employees went through my bag, drank the alcohol, and then told the manager I have it to get. They fired me and kept her around.
Staff is deplorable
Skate guard (Former Employee) –  Lakeland, FLJune 6, 2016
Seriously lacking in work ethic. No one cares about their job or even wants to be there. The owner barely comes in to check on everything and doesn't hold the employees to any standards.
Lots of fun
DJ (Former Employee) –  Pasadena, TXMay 12, 2016
The job didnt pay well but was very fun

I often played laser tag with the kids there and roller skated.
My job was to do these things and play music.
Pros
Relaxed management, free soda.
Cons
low pay, annoying kids
Best place to work that is fun
Floor guard/Custodian (Former Employee) –  Copperas Cove, TXMarch 13, 2015
Typical Day:

Show up. Set up (if necessary). Get the snackbar ready for the shift. Greet customers as they come in. As soon as everyone is in, sound off the nightly rules for patrons. Clean up after customers as the day goes on. Coordinate games for the customers to make it fun. After session is over, clean up rink.

What I learned:

How to communicate with and handle large crowds of people.

Management:

Main boss very nostalgic. Not open for improving rink. Not open for opening rink during the week.

Hardest part of job:

Scraping gum off the carpet. Seldom dealing with rude customers.

Most enjoyable part of job:

Skating, playing games with customers
Pros
Skating, good exercise
Cons
Not enough hours
A great family buisness
Crew member (Current Employee) –  Hillsboro, ORApril 11, 2014
I loved working at the rollerskating rink. A typical day at work is running around cleaning, restock, and customer service. The crew got along pretty well for such a job and I learned a lot of skills working here. The hardest part was the fact that It couldn't stay opened, I would have loved to work my way up at skateworld.
Pros
Family business
Positive and enjoyable atmosphere.
Maintenance Worker (Former Employee) –  Springfield, ORAugust 2, 2012
Cleaned the rink and surroundings (vacuuming, wiping, and repairing). DJ private parties.

The hardest part was working in darkness (lack of windows).

The most enjoyable part was DJ'ing the parties.
Pros
skate for free.
Cons
lack of sunlight.