Skechers Employee Reviews

Found 913 reviews matching the search See all 1,226 reviews
Bleh
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Lahaina, HIJanuary 10, 2019
I've worked at some messed up places but this is by far the worst!! No communication, unprofessional management. Its just horrible.. I would not reccomend this job to anyone.. even if it's to a high schooler.. but then again the company prefers not to hire anyone under the age of 18 due to laws and etc. They say theres room to grow in this company but their isnt. No incentive for employess.. no bonuses (except skechers bucks), no commission, no pay raises or nothing!!! Unless you get a promotion that's the only way you'll make more money. Managers at my location lack communication with their staff, they claim they have tons of paper work to do but actually dont. When their paper work for the week should actually be done every sunday. Since it goes Sunday to Saturday. Management is lazy will make their sales associates do everything and will take credit for the things they dont do. They have ridiculous policies that none of the management team even follows. Management will tell their sales associates when they step out "if anyone calls for me I'm in the bathroom" and per company policy management is not allowed to leave a sales associate in the store alone!!
Pros
50% off shoes
Cons
No pay raise, no compatible pay, Sassy ignorant management, No communication, Not enough hours 6, Lazy management 8. Management is sexest
Room for advancement and great work/life balance.
Assistant Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVDecember 16, 2018
It is a great place to work, there is much room for advancement and if you work hard you will be rewarded. The work/personal life balance is great, going to school and working full time is very do-able with this company.
Pros
Advancement, Pay, Benefits, Ethics
Cons
Fast Pace/High Pressure Environment
Joke
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Ontario, CAOctober 17, 2018
This job is a joke. Theres no chance of getting a raise UNLESS you get promoted to a floor supervisor and even then the pay is a joke. When I got hired, I was told that there was a lot of opportunity to grow and that was complete BS. I've seen rarely anyone get promoted in the time I've been there. Management is also a joke. They'll hire any baboon to be in a higher position. Most managers are cool, but the GM and store manager have absolutely no clue how to handle a store that big and with that many employees. The GM (Amber?) lacks common knowledge and would not let us leave the store when there was a "shooting" at the mall. thankfully, it was a false alarm, but had it been real, we would've been in real danger. Way to care about the people who keep YOUR store clean.
Pros
Awesome coworkers, 50% discounts
Cons
Terrible managent, short shifts, no raises
Great place to work. Fun company culture.
Womens Merchandiser - Retail (Former Employee) –  Manhattan Beach, CAJanuary 31, 2019
I enjoyed my time working at Skechers and learned a lot about the shoe industry. The office culture was friendly and fun, which made the fast paced work and learning all the more worth it. Management was approachable and encouraged professional development. I would recommend this company to anyone.
Skechers is a great brand to work for!
STORE MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHJanuary 3, 2019
Skechers is a great brand to work for! It's a fast paced, fun and challenging work environment! The overall culture is very important and they offer a great work life/ home life balance.
For the Average College Student looking for a place to earn money it is not bad.
Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Boca Raton, FLFebruary 3, 2019
Skechers had its ups and downs, It wasnt the best job especially when the GM we had was very inconsistent. Most of the people i worked with were very nice and i can easily say they belonged there. Others were very lazy and not in the right spirit.
A normal day of work consisted of about 6 rushes in which you get constant back to back customers some requiring a lot more patience than others. Commission wasnt that high you would have to sell a lot in order to make decent money on commission. Overall towards the end of my time there Skechers fixed a lot of things. New GM was really deserving of the promotion, and the commission percentage was raised. I can easily say this meets above average standards for the typical college student in need of a job but if you are like me and needs a lot more than that, this isnt the right place.
Pros
Very flexible in Schedule
Great products, not so great corporate management
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Dawsonville, GAJanuary 8, 2019
Skechers provides all its employees with their products and gives excellent discounts throughout the year. Your first pair of shoes is free and on the anniversary of your hire date you get another free pair. They also allow the chance of getting 4-10 pairs of shoes at half price every month. The number of pairs you can get is determined by the position you hold.
While that is nice, the company really needs to work on their corporate management skills. For example, a memo will come from corporate that will cause the retail store to be scrambling to get the project done while still expecting regular activities to continue and to do all this with no extra spending on payroll. After the project gets completed, corporate will decide they do not like the new memo and will want everything back to its original state. Because of this people get very frustrated with the those higher up in the company and they will leave, making turnover rates high.
The company is trying to compete is a very competitive market and is struggling to stay afloat and stay relevant to its consumers, and sadly their employees are the ones taking the blow for it all.
Pros
good discounts on merchandise
Cons
bad corporate decisions
First Management
Multi Store Director (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GADecember 22, 2018
This was my first position in Management. With them a long time. Work was never really appreciated. Qas looked over numerous time for advancement. They don't do things according to policy.
IT was coo
Sales (Former Employee) –  Greenfield, WIDecember 20, 2018
Didn't pay enough though, there was not a lot of room for advancement, Was made to think I would be made a manager which never happened. Culture was okay, friendly co workers.
Warm Work-Relationships
Individual Top sales (Former Employee) –  Parkway paradeDecember 15, 2018
Highly Competitive Environment - however followed by a culture of supervisors imparting skills of body language reading to teach us how to promote sales better.
Pros
Commission Included
Cons
Long Hours
My experience
Store manager (Current Employee) –  AnonymousDecember 20, 2018
I was a Skechers Store Manager. First of all. Average salary realistically is 35000-42000 for a store manager which is terrible. The company is cheap and sneaky and doesn’t care about anything except money. Staff is underpaid in all positions. No morals and values in the company. Extremely stingy corporate team... one example. Staff was forced to do 2 overnight stays for the simple task of ripping off every price sticker and marking UP every shoe by $10-$15 dollars. The people that noticed left and said they would never be back. Rip off price sticker to hide what we were doing. Stores get One BULK shipment a week, 1500-3000 units at one time so cut shipment costs. Extremely stressful situation that happens every week. They have overstocked their stores because allocations is poorly managed. The weight of the product on the walls was so heavy it was pulling the fixtures out of the wall and breaking them. District Manager visits once a week... I’ve never seen this in any company. Puts huge stress and constant unrealistic visual expectations on staff and managers. Likewise, regional manager visits once every two weeks. Bonus is just for Store Managers, no one else. BUT upper management manipulates sales plan goals so high... sometimes 50% up to LY per quarter to make $850 before taxes. Lame and very stingy. Good luck staffing your store. No one wants to work here for any amount of time because of the crazy workload and stress. Not to mention that Skechers has a reputation of not being cool at all. That and the low rate of pay.. no wonder Skechers gets the lowest talent.  more... High turnover... in and on and on. Not worth it!  less
Pros
Cons
Read the review.. too much to name
Great company to learn from and start with
Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Burbank, CAAugust 7, 2018
I would recommend Skechers to anyone looking to start a career in the retail world. This is not for someone who is looking to make lots of money but instead a learning and growing experience.
Pros
Discount, benefits
Cons
Salary, management
Great experience but terrible management
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCNovember 14, 2018
Had a great experience at the location, yet there were the common ups and downs with the managers. But, I'd recommend the job to anyone interested in a great first job or who likes shoes.
Pros
pay, free shoes, discounts, advancement
Cons
management
Innovative, progressive, challenging company
VP of Sales (Former Employee) –  Manhattan Beach, CAOctober 29, 2018
I had an opportunity to work with the leading talent in the footwear space and witness first hand the development of a multi-billion dollar footwear conglomerate.
It provided a foundation for learning the key components of product, marketing, and sales management that has set the pace for my career.
Pros
fast paced, dynamic, energetic
Cons
mixed messages, some gaps in collaboration
Poor Management
Graphic Deigner (Current Employee) –  Manhattan Beach, CAOctober 5, 2018
The pros for Skechers are big budget projects with a variety of work, good pay and good people. Cons are there is no work / life balance and management is very unprofessional.
Pros
Variety of projects, good pay and good people
Cons
No work/life balance and poor management
Keep your options open
2nd Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Ontario, CAJuly 17, 2018
You learn quiet a few things here, operations. But not worth the pay. If your looking to grow within the company it’s also not worth it. Might be depending on the district manager. But you can find a better pay somewhere else as an associate then here as a manager. Don’t get me wrong I met some amazing people at Skechers that’s the only thing that kept me through it while working there
Pros
Coworkers, Discounts
Cons
Raise, corporate management
Associates are unfairly paid
Management Assistant (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CASeptember 25, 2018
Unfairly paid associates who work above and beyond for a company that has the worst turn over rate. The company is more preoccupied with cutting back wage percentage and promotions than keeping what good employees and management they do have.
Pros
Health care
Cons
Corporate
Productive and great environment to work in
1st Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAJune 28, 2018
Working for the company and the location I was in, it allowed myself and other staff to interact with customers whom traveled across the world for conferences, vacation, etc. Understanding the features and benefits that shoes have also play a large role with our customers. In order for us to be successful in maximizing sales, we always received product information on new styles and shoes that were released so we can assist customers in picking shoes that best fit their needs. Also,being in a management position further allowed myself to understand how businesses can be successful and continue to strive each day. Since this location was in downtown, the workplace culture was always vibrant and positive. Interacting with people from around the world made the job fun and intriguing and also exciting to come into work each day because we never know whom we will interact with that day. This is a great company to work for who constantly allows us to learn new things each day and provide us with great resources and training tools to ensure we are successful in our role.
Great co-workers, dysfunctional management
Business Systems Analyst (Current Employee) –  Manhattan Beach, CAAugust 28, 2018
The turnover at our department is very high, the majority, if not all, of my co-workers feel mistreated. The management is highly dysfunctional and creates a stress-full environment with abusive behavior. Feedback is highly emotional and is dependent on moods. Pay is all over the place, some are paid under-market, some over. Good to put on your resume, but you have to be careful not to let your self-evaluation get skewed.
Pros
diversity, decent working hours, good technology, good location
Cons
401K is not matched, management highly dysfunctional and abusive, they cannot get along with each other or management from other departments
Fun working environment with lots of room for creativity and insight on how to progress sales.
Sales Executive (Current Employee) –  Gardena, CAAugust 27, 2018
The over all experience at Skechers is very free and open. If one truly wants to move up, what needs to be shown is devotion. The environment is fun and competitive for anyone who chooses to view it in that light.
Pros
Two 10 minute breaks on top of a lunch. 50% off discounts.
Cons
No benefits at all outside of the work place.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Skechers. Our community is ready to answer.

Diversity score

Comparably
Diversity Score

The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at Skechers.

Powered by Comparably