Skechers Employee Reviews

Found 854 reviews matching the search See all 1,150 reviews
Great experience but terrible management
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCNovember 14, 2018
Had a great experience at the location, yet there were the common ups and downs with the managers. But, I'd recommend the job to anyone interested in a great first job or who likes shoes.
Pros
pay, free shoes, discounts, advancement
Cons
management
Productive fun fast pace work environment
Cashier/Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Birch Run, MINovember 12, 2018
I work in Birch Run Skechers. Im seasonal part time I enjoy working for this company. Managers are Awesome. They are more than understanding and are willing to work with your everyday schedule. Also its a 30 minute drive 1 way and its worth it. Drama free..
Pros
Flexiable hours, Awesome Co Workers, Discount
Fun
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Mercedes, TXNovember 9, 2018
Fantastic place to work at. Many ways to grow in this company. I enjoyed every moment spent there as a manager with the great team members i had to work with.
Health insurance
Seller Support Associate (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLNovember 7, 2018
Associates do not get benefits as this, only full time workers. I think everyone should have benefits so we do not have to be paying to the hospitals with the money we work for since we do not get a lot of hours
Great work environment
Product Manager (Former Employee) –  Manhattan Beach, CA 90266November 5, 2018
Awesome company to work for. Learned a lot while I was with Skechers. Awesome people to work with and great company culture. Great location if you live near by.
Fun place to spend a few hours.
Sales Lead (Former Employee) –  Midland, TXOctober 31, 2018
Had a GREAT Store Manager at Skechers. Most of the staff was self motivated and hard working. SM did not put up with gossip and drama which lead to easy work environment. Hands on training and trying on the merchandise is suggested.
Pros
4 Hour Shifts Only
Cons
No benefits unless you are managment
Innovative, progressive, challenging company
VP of Sales (Former Employee) –  Manhattan Beach, CAOctober 29, 2018
I had an opportunity to work with the leading talent in the footwear space and witness first hand the development of a multi-billion dollar footwear conglomerate.
It provided a foundation for learning the key components of product, marketing, and sales management that has set the pace for my career.
Pros
fast paced, dynamic, energetic
Cons
mixed messages, some gaps in collaboration
Fun and like family
First Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Spokane, WA 99218October 27, 2018
I have loved working for Skechers. The company really cares for there employees. Typical day at work. Open the store turn the alarm off. Count all the money in the store. Help customers with what they need. Do paperwork through out the day. Mange my team that i have that day. Help my employees stock the store. I have learned how to lead. The culture is a high beat family place. The hardest part is to please every customer. Sometimes we wont have a certain shoe or size in store or online. Helping the costumers find the right shoe that fits and is comfortable for there feet. Making sure that I went above and beyond to make there experience at Skechers enjoyable.
Pros
keeps you busy
Cons
not enough time or man power to get it all done in the time frame they want it done in
Terrible place to work for
A title (Former Employee) –  Paramus, NJOctober 23, 2018
They only care about the money and different ways to get it. Anyone who works under them means nothing. If a customer is bothered by anything about you. You WILL be replaced. Whether the customer is right ir wrong. It’s a slave job, all work no appreciation. And racial slurs against an employee doesn’t matter as long as the customer is okay.
Great
Manager (Former Employee) –  Sunrise, FLOctober 22, 2018
It was very funny to work there but the salary was not good enough.
Good beginner's job
Sales Associate/Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Oakland, CAOctober 21, 2018
Good job to get started in retail. Knowledge of skechers products will help while on job. Cashier and retail experience recommended. Time off after first two months.
Pros
availability
Cons
graveyard shift may be tiring
Terrible work experience
Retail Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Aurora, ILOctober 21, 2018
Mangers were very rude , very unprofessional & unorganized , they treat you like you are slaves instead of emplyoees & a lot of the mangers had very bad attitudes
Pros
No Pros
Cons
Fast pace work environment and overall satisfying.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Manhattan, NYOctober 19, 2018
Working for Skechers is not only fun but I can say that it is well balanced. Staff members were keen on times to take it easy and time for business. Good job management.
Pros
Flexible hours, hourly wage+commission based
Cons
not any worth listing
Joke
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Ontario, CAOctober 17, 2018
This job is a joke. Theres no chance of getting a raise UNLESS you get promoted to a floor supervisor and even then the pay is a joke. When I got hired, I was told that there was a lot of opportunity to grow and that was complete BS. I've seen rarely anyone get promoted in the time I've been there. Management is also a joke. They'll hire any baboon to be in a higher position. Most managers are cool, but the GM and store manager have absolutely no clue how to handle a store that big and with that many employees. The GM (Amber?) lacks common knowledge and would not let us leave the store when there was a "shooting" at the mall. thankfully, it was a false alarm, but had it been real, we would've been in real danger. Way to care about the people who keep YOUR store clean.
Pros
Awesome coworkers, 50% discounts
Cons
Terrible managent, short shifts, no raises
Not a fun workplace
Laborer (Former Employee) –  Moreno Valley, CAOctober 13, 2018
I would not work there I felt that the company doesn't really care about you as a person and were asking too much at times and the people there aren't as respectful
Pros
Easy Money
Cons
Too much
Ok working there
Great customer service (Former Employee) –  West Sacramento, CA 95605October 10, 2018
Would be a great first job out of high school will learn a lot of customer service skills. Pay is not as good, job is pretty chill not much to worry about.
easy Job, management could be stronger
Stock Associate (Former Employee) –  Queens, NYOctober 10, 2018
Stock is easy enough once you learn techniques but you still need strong leadership with a plan when dealing with so much inventory. If management ALL worked together the teams would be able to all work smarter instead of harder.
Pros
easy going environment
Cons
work load can get redundant instead of efficient in the wake of bad decision making
Good team and discount
SALES ASSOCIATE (Former Employee) –  Kissimmee, FLOctober 9, 2018
A good company to grow up. Good discounts. The hardest part of the job is to deal with bad customers, other than that. Perfect job if you go to school.
Fun place to work at.
Floor Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CAOctober 7, 2018
I learned a lot at this company. Gained a lot of experience at sales and talking to customers. Management was fantastic and so was commission. You got recognized for the hard work you did.
Wholesale Allocations Was Awful
Allocation Planner (Former Employee) –  Manhattan Beach, CAOctober 6, 2018
Rude, demeaning, lazy director who spent all day on facebook and instagram, and threw temper tantrums and threw things when something went wrong. Horrible leadership from top to bottom. No room for advancement because no one cared about their jobs.
Pros
Nice facilities
Cons
Everything else

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Skechers. Our community is ready to answer.

See reviews about

Diversity score

Comparably
Diversity Score

The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at Skechers.

Powered by Comparably