Skechers Employee Reviews

Typical retail job
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Elizabeth, NJSeptember 20, 2018
The main purpose of this position is to replenish the sales floor with shoes from the stock room, organize misplaced shoe boxes and assist costumers finding shoes to try or buy.

There were a store manager and various assistant managers.

Customers can be ruthless and it is up to you to maintain posture.
Pros
Lots of hours
Cons
Low pay
Great place
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CASeptember 20, 2018
Everyone was nice and welcoming and friendly, great place to make big sales and management was great, pretty cool perks as far as discounts and getting a free pair of shoes when you start, everyone was patient and friendly!
Pros
Good hours, Good pay, nice team work environment!
Cons
there was one manager who was hard to work with due to their attitude when i would ask for guidance.
dont
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  West Des Moines, IASeptember 17, 2018
the job was okay at first until the lack of communication came into play. and how they play favorites with employees depending on how well they like them.
Great for part time job
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  TarzanaSeptember 14, 2018
This was my first part time job as a college student. I worked for the company for 2 years. Overall, I had bittersweet moments working here. This is a decent job for students or anyone looking for a part time job. I got along with my managers and most coworkers, which made my shift run faster.
Pros
50% discount, team, flexible schedule
Cons
Annoying customers, short break and not enough hours
Sell, Sell, Sell
General Manager (Former Employee) –  Clinton Township, MISeptember 14, 2018
Need to be able to sell product while completing other operational tasks. Strong focus on customer experience, which is good but there are no excuses for not accomplishing all "talking points" with a customer.
Constant upheaval
Store Manager (Current Employee) –  UsaSeptember 12, 2018
They change rules and policies everyday. Once you have it figured out "Corp" comes in and you're doing everything wrong. Profits and customer experience doesn't matter, only that your store is pretty. They're also turning themselves into a clearance company.
Benefits
Cons
Heavy workload low pay
Productive sales environment
Part-Time Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Garden City, NYSeptember 11, 2018
Skechers had a fast paced and productive sales environment. The employees were highly diverse, and also the customers as well. Skechers was also number 2 in highest sneaker brand sales.
Pros
Short breaks
Cons
No store security, not enough employees for crowds
Fast pace
Retail Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKSeptember 11, 2018
Must be able to learn fast and work fast. Must be able to multi tasking. Must be able to give the right change and money to the customer. Must be able to read a shoe size scale.
Pros
Discount
Cons
Lunch break
a typical day at work
Sales Associate/ Cashier (Former Employee) –  New York, NYSeptember 8, 2018
once we arrived at the store the manager wait to chat you in, by telling you store goal , how much has been sold and how much is needed to complete the goal.
upbeat fast paced environment
Sales/Assistant Manager - As sales associate (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLSeptember 7, 2018
best job I had worked at, advanced to manager within a few months. The hardest part of this job would be climbing ladders all day, but thats more so tiring than anything. Communication Is key there, which is beneficial. They work as a team, always.
Pros
room for advancement
Cons
short breaks
It's fun at times
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLSeptember 6, 2018
I'm only here until I graduate college and move forward with my career but, I like working here at times. My favorite part of it all is that we make the commission if we sell 2 or more shoes to a customer. Sooo I loooove the commission and it really makes us push our sales. Just the managers only think about each other and care about themselves, district manager as well. They don't really care about their employees that much. The store manager doesn't really listen if you request a day off they give you a lot of c r a p for it. I just want considering we deal with a lot of rude customers!!!
Pros
Commission and shoe discounts
Cons
Pay
Fun workplace
Manager - 2nd assistant (Former Employee) –  Hawaiian Gardens, CASeptember 4, 2018
A great environment to grow and develop interpersonal skills with workers and customers. Working with others and having the manage coworkers gave a lot to the growth to my experience.
Probably not a bad place, just depends on location
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Howell, MISeptember 3, 2018
The location I worked at was honestly a disaster. I worked there for six months and loved the place at first. It was fun, low stress, and everyone seemed to get along. As time went on, things changed. Our store manager didn't adhere to company policies, and a lot of things took place that shouldn't have. It was a lot of teens running a store and fending for themselves. The district manager would pop up but usually just to critique everything we'd worked on. I know of several things that occurred in that location that were probably illegal. There was a lot of harassment within the store between employees, and what really stood out to me was when a coworker of mine committed internal theft and nothing was done about it. Said coworker blamed myself and others, and our district manager didn't address it. When I left, I included many photos and mentioned the internal theft incident, and none of it was addressed. My overall impression is honestly pretty poor.
Pros
Some slow days where you can have fun
Cons
Inconsistent schedules, different expectations for different employees, constantly changing "policies", little support from management
This would be a good 1st job for someone in high school
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Santa Rosa, CASeptember 1, 2018
This was my first job i don’t really feel it helped or molded me for a better paying job because the skills you learn only would benefit you for a sales associate job
Pros
Free pair shoes once a year
Cons
Only girls work here
Ok
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Bryant Park, NYAugust 31, 2018
Not a bad place to work, the schedule can be adjust to meet your needs. People don't have to stay open to late because it's easy to close if your store is organized.
Team environment
Retail Associate (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLAugust 30, 2018
I was assigned a section to work in during my shift, the majority of the work was providing customer service. The hardest part of working in the outlet store was keeping the store clean and giving the customers popcorn when it was available.
Pros
Friendly staff
Cons
Language barrier, most of the Spanish customers wanted to talk to them in Spanish.
Great co-workers, dysfunctional management
Business Systems Analyst (Current Employee) –  Manhattan Beach, CAAugust 28, 2018
The turnover at our department is very high, the majority, if not all, of my co-workers feel mistreated. The management is highly dysfunctional and creates a stress-full environment with abusive behavior. Feedback is highly emotional and is dependent on moods. Pay is all over the place, some are paid under-market, some over. Good to put on your resume, but you have to be careful not to let your self-evaluation get skewed.
Pros
diversity, decent working hours, good technology, good location
Cons
401K is not matched, management highly dysfunctional and abusive, they cannot get along with each other or management from other departments
Stressful, Long Hours, and terrible manager
Floor Lead (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NEAugust 28, 2018
I would be asked multiple times to come in early, work late, and work overtime. I would be left on the floor alone for a few hours at a time, sometimes during really busy times, and sometimes during slow times. I was constantly being asked to re-organize and move things around on the floor and in the back room.
Competitive Workplace
Floor Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Concord, CAAugust 27, 2018
It was a great place to work at until you were stuck doing all the work. Not a serious job to other employees. Hence why I was stuck doing shipment or helping out customers
Working at Skechers.
Sales associate (Current Employee) –  Tamuning, GUAugust 27, 2018
It’s fun working here. Having to interact with the customers and heating their language and where they come from. Some customers are challenging and give u a hard time.
Pros
Idk
Cons
Idk

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Skechers. Our community is ready to answer.

Diversity score

Powered by Comparably

46out of 100

The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at Skechers.