Skechers Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Found 786 reviews matching the search See all 1,052 reviews
Keep your options open
2nd Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Ontario, CAJuly 17, 2018
You learn quiet a few things here, operations. But not worth the pay. If your looking to grow within the company it’s also not worth it. Might be depending on the district manager. But you can find a better pay somewhere else as an associate then here as a manager. Don’t get me wrong I met some amazing people at Skechers that’s the only thing that kept me through it while working there
Pros
Coworkers, Discounts
Cons
Raise, corporate management
Great store manager
Sales Floor Associate (Former Employee) –  Paramus, NJJuly 16, 2018
My store manager was one of the best, if not the best. Some managers were lazy, but overall the store manager at the place I worked made it a comfy and cozy family environment
Disappointed with my relocation.
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLJuly 13, 2018
I've worked for Skechers as a Sales Associate for almost 2 years and I never had any problems with the management or the team. I really enjoyed my time working at my first Skechers location but that has changed as I transferred to a different store due to my location. The transfer process went on smoothly due to my old store manager, but the new store I am currently working at lacks acknowledgement on basic company policies and professionalism. I was really looking forward to growing with Skechers but the amount of rotation of store managers during my time working here has made it difficult to arise and I find it even more difficult to do so when the team has no clue on how to do things the right way.
Pros
fast paced environment, Sales driven
Cons
management knowledge on policies is lacking
Horrible DM / unenjoyable work place.
Sales Lead (Current Employee) –  United StatesJuly 12, 2018
The job is easy, stock shelves, help customers and repeat. The district manager is horrible, sets the team up for failure and belittles them. Would absolutely never recommend this job to a friend. My management was awesome, we tried our very best to keep the store up to par, but it was never good enough. There was a flaw in everything apparently. The most enjoyable part of the job for me was getting that hands on customer service experience and making sure our customers had the best possible shopping experience they could have.

I've learned to never over work yourself with this company, very little acknowledgement and something is always wrong in somebodies eyes. Can never get a good job.
Pros
50% off Discount x4 per month x1 Free pair per year.
Cons
Everything.
It was ok
2nd Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  West Nyack, NYJuly 12, 2018
I believe the company can do so much more than what it is doing now, and to do so they need to start with how they operate and move forward as a whole
fun place and flexible hours
Sales associate (Current Employee) –  Daly City, CAJuly 11, 2018
It Is usually busy on the weekend, but the time goes by quickly! You learn so much about different styles that you actually become a shoe expert. Management is great and so are the people you will work with. You will be expected to greet customers, provide customer service, work on the floor/stock, and cashier.
Wonderful
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Jackson, MSJuly 11, 2018
I really enjoyed working for Skechers. I loved the management and other employees. The environment was friendly and the company treated you as family. I wouldn't mind returning in the future.
Excelente
Asociada de Ventas y Cajera, Carolina, PR (Former Employee) –  Carolina Municipio, PRJuly 10, 2018
Muy buena compañía! Ayudan al empleado a desarollarse como persona y como empleada! Agradecida por demás.
Pros
Cordiales y súper amables
Cons
Nada
It’s nice
Sales representative (Former Employee) –  Tacoma, WAJuly 5, 2018
You just have to be fast on your feet and they are very flexible when it comes to hours. You also get a discount on Skechers since you work their. And it’s like a family
Productive, Expect to be on your feet a lot
Floor Associate (Former Employee) –  Vernon Hills, ILJuly 4, 2018
Work is enjoyable, considering who you are working with. A typical retail job. Sometimes it's slow, and sometimes it's fast-paced. Do expect to help out customers.
Pros
Work is easy
Cons
30 min break for long hours

Want to know more about Skechers?

Ask a question
great place to work
Sales Associate/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Glendale, CAJune 29, 2018
get place to work great discount, friendly associates, very flexible, great hours, great pay. the more you sell the more money you make it was a awesome place to be you and be focused on saling
Pros
great hours
Cons
to compeditive
Productive and great environment to work in
1st Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAJune 28, 2018
Working for the company and the location I was in, it allowed myself and other staff to interact with customers whom traveled across the world for conferences, vacation, etc. Understanding the features and benefits that shoes have also play a large role with our customers. In order for us to be successful in maximizing sales, we always received product information on new styles and shoes that were released so we can assist customers in picking shoes that best fit their needs. Also,being in a management position further allowed myself to understand how businesses can be successful and continue to strive each day. Since this location was in downtown, the workplace culture was always vibrant and positive. Interacting with people from around the world made the job fun and intriguing and also exciting to come into work each day because we never know whom we will interact with that day. This is a great company to work for who constantly allows us to learn new things each day and provide us with great resources and training tools to ensure we are successful in our role.
This was an in between job
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, ALJune 27, 2018
When I worked for Skechers it was a fairly young company with not much technology under its belt. Management was not the best. Store Manager and myself were not treated well.
I enjoyed working at Skechers I enjoyed helping the customers got alone with all the employees over all it was nice place to work.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Hillside, ILJune 26, 2018
I left sketches because of the hours which some time it was less then 20 but I still worked it. I enjoyed assisting the customers with making purchase.
Good Benefits
Janitor (Former Employee) –  Manhattan Beach, CAJune 25, 2018
Great benefits. They offer health, dental, and vision care. Only problem I can think of is that they did not match 401k contributions. Got all major holidays off as well.
High standards and great learning environment
SECOND ASSISTANT MANAGER (Current Employee) –  Santa Barbara, CAJune 24, 2018
Skechers has a lot of high standards when it comes to operations, sales, management, and pretty much everything else. It can be a lot, but you learn a lot working for this company. Working here will definitely put you in a good place of growth even if you don't stay with the company.
Pros
Commission, friendly environment
Cons
Very low pay
Fast-pace yet collaborative work environment
Retail Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYJune 23, 2018
A typical day at work is first shifting the shoes on display , making them neat and presentable for the customers . approaching customers and starting a conversation then ultimately bringing them to the cashier and ringing them up . after we do that for about 4 hours we then fix the display boxes before the closing shift and finally leave .
Great product fast paced work place
Assistant Manger (Former Employee) –  MarylandJune 15, 2018
I would definitely recommend this company to someone. They invested in their band and try new things they also take the time to invest in their people
A lot of work to do always busy
Stock Manager (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJune 15, 2018
Just make sure that you're a fast learner know how to talk to customers know how to talk to management and talk to corporate people overall know how to add more to sell
Pros
50% off discounts for employees
Enjoyable place to work. Great benefits
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Lehi, UTJune 14, 2018
For retail, I really enjoyed this job. It was area management that were unprofessional. They thought they could say and do anything to anyone. Beside that i really loved this job fun times.
Pros
Family oriented
Cons
area management were not professional at all.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Skechers. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.3InHerSight Score

1.8Personal Development

3.2Career Opportunities

1.9Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight