Skechers Employee Reviews

Fast-Paced
Footwear Design Intern (Former Employee) –  Manhattan Beach, CAMay 24, 2018
Skechers was a fast-paced learning environment that immersed me in all parts of the design process. My co-workers were veterans in the industry and taught me a lot.
n/a
General Flagship Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Times Square, NYMay 24, 2018
The company is family run even though it is publicly owned. They sell shoes for the entire family but lately have been trying to dabble in the performance sector. Seems to be going well. Overall the company appears to be pushing forward.
Very nice place to work! The management is fun and understands very well
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Pooler, GAMay 21, 2018
I enjoyed my time at Skechers and will definitely recommend it to someone to it. I enjoyed the management and loved how understanding and easy to talk to they were.
Easy and fun
1st Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Simpsonville, KYMay 18, 2018
The job in itself is very satisfying, fun and relatively easy. The only downfall is the corporate's lack of support or communication with the stores.
Sales Associate
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Bridgewater, NJ 08807May 18, 2018
Don't come here unless you're ready to be miserable. Everyone hated it and quit including the managers. Your work is not valued you will always be expected to do more than asked of you but e paid for less than what you are doing.
Very disorganized, torment if new.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXMay 16, 2018
I had a very horrible time, personally they dealt with customers with horrible customer care and also didn’t bother to have security cameras, so if something went missing employees were always to blame.
Pros
Good help with customer service
Cons
Disrespectful, No organization, horrible pay for large amount if work.
Great job for a student
Floor Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLMay 15, 2018
This was a great job for me. It was all about product knowledge and how much you really learned about the brand and the type of shoes you were selling to a customer. I enjoyed walking a customer through every type of shoe that we carried and explaining the benefits the customer would receive for the shoe that they chose to wear. Selling shoes for Skecher's requires a lot of product knowledge and customer service.
Good for Retail Starters
2nd Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Santa Clara, CAMay 15, 2018
Very diverse. A lot of teamwork and communication. Really have to be willing to reach out to customers to listen and meet their needs. I really enjoy working with my team every chance i get. we all try our best to make the most with the time that is given to us and to recover the store as best as possible before/after closing and before we leave for the night
stressful work place
Floor supervisor (Former Employee) –  West Sacramento, CAMay 13, 2018
i feel like i do not get paid enough to work in a stressful environment like that. its an easy job but theres a l lot of stealing. And i didnt get a pay raise when i got moved up to floor associate.
High Paced
Sales Associate- Product Specialist (Former Employee) –  Torrance, CAMay 11, 2018
It is a flagship store so a lot is expected. But it is an interesting place to work. You do get a lot of connections with coportate so it is easy to transition from retail to the offices.
Relaxed environment.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Queens, NYMay 11, 2018
It was such a relaxed work place, of course you don't slack off, you work hard and do your job. At the same time you have fun with co workers and helping customers was the best part.
A mess
Part-Time Floor Associate (Current Employee) –  Rochester, NYMay 10, 2018
They only want to hire those with a year of work experience, despite paying their workers like they're entry level. Corporate is poorly run and has unrealistic expectations of its workers. Quick to fire hard workers for petty reasons. Too many internal conflicts, Horrible hiring decisions of store managers. Pay is not worth the expectations of corporate. Constant retractions of employee pay and discounts.
Do not recommend
Sales Associate/ Cashier (Former Employee) –  Folsom, CAMay 6, 2018
i do not know if it was the management or what. but i ended up being homeless with a job that sometimes would only give me 6 to 8 hours a week. Had to go on welfare in order to buy food while homeless. welfare saw my check stubs for a whole month that was 50 bucks only. they told me to not worry about checking in anymore and to let them know when i find a new job.
Pros
Not Applicable
Cons
Not enough hours to make a partnered living with someone
fun place to work with good music and lots of discounts on shoes
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Stockton, CAMay 4, 2018
I currently work here. I like my supervisors and managers. We all get along and had developed this sort of "family" at the workplace. All co workers get along and cooperate together. Management is okay, but communication is not their best attribute. Some shifts are better than others and busier than others. The shoes sell themselves basically, so all you have to try to sell is the stores accessories (socks, hats, shoe cleaners, candy). The hours are not great because all sales associates don't even get 20 hours per week and it's bi weekly pay. It's a good job to keep you busy and to earn a little extra money on the side.
Pros
cool co workers and managers, popcorn machine on the weekends, time and a half pay on holidays
Cons
really short breaks, understaffed most of the time, not enough hours for employees
A fresh perspective
Part- Time Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Gettysburg, PAMay 2, 2018
In the area i work everyone knows everyone. It is a good place to work the individuals i work with were very open. Make a great connection with customers and employees
Heavy labor
2nd Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Commerce, CAMay 2, 2018
Nice environment
Great managers
Heavy work (warehouse environment)
Depending on are busy / slow
Many tasks to be completed
Hours giving to complete tasks
Great place to learn and advance but upper management is unfair
2nd Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  San Marcos, TXMay 2, 2018
It was great working there, I was given the opportunity to move up fairly quick. There I got to learn the management side of the job, which gave me new skills. Upper management is not the greatest, company wise Skechers is not the best to work. They overwork and stress employees with little pay and benefits. Its always who you know and not how productive you are that gets you the recognition that's deserved. I did value what I learned, it helped me grow as a person and as a professional.
Pros
people
Cons
too much work for little pay
Awesome store teams
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXMay 1, 2018
Teams working in their stores are always awesome, the down fall is mostly with the communication and lack of support from some DMs and cooperate. Customers are like any customers anywhere.
Pros
discount on shoes and socks
Cons
not too many full time chances
Productive work environment
Store Manager (Current Employee) –  West Covina, CAApril 27, 2018
Skechers is an upcoming influential company that provided me with amazing learning opportunities. Great job for college students who seek a part-time or full-time position. Positive work environment. Opportunity for networking amongst corporate staff at events.
Pros
Learning opportunities
Cons
Limited growth opportunity as a sales associate
productive environment
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Gretna, LAApril 26, 2018
service customers. product knowledge. cashier. Shipment control.
pricing shoes. display new items. creating positive shopping environment for customers