Skechers Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Found 770 reviews matching the search See all 1,029 reviews
Demanding work environment
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Whittier, CAApril 25, 2018
The company requires it's employees to be accessible 24/7 , not allowing it's employees to have a semblance of a life outside of work. The new direction of the company calls for almost a robotic demeanor in the work environment.
Fun Place
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Mercedes, TXApril 23, 2018
Skechers is a really easy fun job, they have good managers and really good customer service, there was a lot of nice people and awesome management but you really need a lot of patients with recovery but other than that this job was fun
Pros
easy fun job in general
Cons
no cons
Working with shoes
MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Moreno Valley, CAApril 23, 2018
This location had most of its availability for the weekend. One of those jobs that you would rather just keep to themselves and get the task done. Connected to the warehouse, one can work for the store or the warehouse depending on the availability.
Pros
free shoes on your anniversary
Cons
few full-time positions, few benefits, short hours
Everyone was fun, but that is its downfall
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Michigan City, INApril 23, 2018
Everyone got along great. The managers however, sat in their office all day doing the schedule. I peeped in to ask if I could take a break and was granted but noticed the schedule was filled for the next month and that got me curious. The garbage bag I changed when we opened was full with snacks too, so that's another thing. And she was always on her cell phone. I got back from my break and she was on some shopping websitr, none of which haf anything tobdonwith skechers or affiliates or stores that carried skechers. The shopping cart icon had stuff in it! Onto the backstory. The most unorganized mess ever. They did their best, the warehouse just sent way too much stuff. So much in fact, backstory was on the sales floor. 2 managers would call off all the time. Then they had more than a handful of people I had never even seen or heard of on the schedule as on call just to keep their discounts..
Pros
Discounts on comfy shoes.
Cons
No incentives, nothing worthwhile for employees.
Productive and fun workplace
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Brookhaven, GAApril 23, 2018
It was a great environment to work in especially because we had a great team. We were always on point with sales and made sure all of our customers were taken care of as well as we could.
Pros
good environment and smooth job overall
Cons
small pay
I hated this job
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Albertville, MNApril 23, 2018
This company is terrible, no support, no understanding, not enough hours given to staff a busy store... I just hate this company. If you are able to succeed in this type of environment, it can be very profitable, but I just do not care for how they run things.
Handling shoes and customers
Assistant manager (Current Employee) –  Pearl, MSApril 22, 2018
A great place to work, but no career advancements. Salary is ok, but more is to be desired. A work day normally is spent by myself handling all duties and responsibilities.
Pros
discounts
Cons
no benefits
Terrible Management
Store Associate (Current Employee) –  Deer Park, NYApril 19, 2018
The new managers don't care for the employees. And they only care about promoting there friends from previous jobs but not anyone from within. The district manager is also a terrible person. The associates however are very nice people.
Pros
good associates
Cons
terrible management
Great retail store to gain experience and have very flexible hours and some good incentitives.
Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Springfield, NJApril 18, 2018
A typical day at work may be restocking merchandise and handling customer service. I learned to truly multitask. Management at Skechers is pretty good. The workplace is very relaxed very organized. The hardest part of the Job is just having a really busy day. The most enjoyable part of the job is when it is not busy.
Pros
flexibility
Cons
pay
the most stressful/ drama place to work
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLApril 17, 2018
A typical day at working at skechers is when you working in the morning everyone worked as team and got along well. if you you would work night that when it was the most stressful and drama place to work.
Inbetween Job
1st Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMApril 12, 2018
Great opportunity for a self motivated, fast paced, quick thinker. If you can work with a sense of urgency and enjoy working as part of a team AND individually you will do great. However depending how your coworkers are towards each other can really set the environment. When you have a good crew the store can run like a machine.

Confusion on the company level, constantly double touching projects because of contradicting instructions from upper management.
Pros
Small retail environment
Cons
Zero family/work balance
Fun Place to Work
ASSISTANT MANAGER (Current Employee) –  TexasApril 10, 2018
The people are fun, not as stressful as other retailers. Employees get a deep discount on products every month. If you like helping people find what they want then this is the place to work.
Productive and new things to be learned
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Jersey gardensApril 10, 2018
What I’ve learned at Skechers is that there quality of shoes are inexpensive and very comfortable, also learned that working with customers can be difficult but you have to be patient and we do have customers that don’t speak English so it was very hard for me to translate so I would have to use different types of gestures. The most enjoyable part of my time at Skechers was my coworkers we were like a family and the energy was always great. The least thing I didn’t like was some of the management.
Pros
Discounts
Cons
Health care benefits and management
Fun atmosphere and great co workers
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  New Orleans, LAApril 9, 2018
I enjoyed my time at Skechers. There was great leadership and management. Everyone worked together well. I would definitely work there again. Favorite part while working there was the rewards we would receive for competing against other stores in our district.
Very unorganized
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Cambridge, MAApril 7, 2018
Very unprofessional and unorganized, would not recommend to anyone. they have commission, other then that nothing really good to say about them... sorry...
Manager
Production Manager (Former Employee) –  Rancho Belago, CAApril 6, 2018
I loved the freedom to perform my job. I loved the trust given to make decisions. If not for the hours and mostly the commute I believe I'd still be working at Skechers.
Pros
Freedom to perform my job
Cons
Hours and commute
Nepotism is not good....
Director (Former Employee) –  Manhattan Beach, CAApril 6, 2018
Executive leadership is not supportive of lower levels of management. You never hear any appreciation for a job well done and the senior/executive leaders (VP and up) do not function well together....creating organizational dysfunction at lower levels of the company.
Pros
Manhattan Beach
Cons
Poor senior and executive management
Challenging
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Pembroke Pines, FLApril 5, 2018
Skechers USA is a very competitive and yet challenging work place. Not only does It drive you to aim as top sales but it motivates you to push yourself even harder to see what you can do as a sales associate.
Nice coworkers, annoying customers
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  WilliamsburgApril 4, 2018
I quit my job in food service because I thought this job would be easier. Boy, was I wrong. It can get quite stressful at times because the customers won't stop coming, and they are really good at messing up stuff. My store manager is really nice and works with my school schedule (I am in college and my schedule is all over the place), and that is basically the only reason I have stayed. Do not come to Skechers expecting it to be a chill, relaxed job. The work is demanding, and the customers can get down right mean with you. The good thing is that you get 50% off shoes, and a free pair with every year you've been with the company, so I now own lots of comfortable shoes :)
Pros
discounts, close early on Sunday, nice manager
Cons
stressful, customers are inconsiderate and rude
Cool and laid back
SALES ASSOCIATE (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILApril 2, 2018
i worked there when i was in high school so i wasn't there that long but i enjoyed it while i was there managers were cool taught me alot bout the store and customer service

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Skechers. Our community is ready to answer.

Diversity score

46out of 100

The Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at Skechers.

Powered by Comparably