Skidmore College Employee Reviews

Does Skidmore really care?
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Saratoga Springs, NYFebruary 13, 2019
The staff at Skidmore are extremely underpaid. The staff is what keeps Skidmore running but yet no one cares about the staff. If you don't have the word director in your title or are a faculty member you pretty much don't matter.
Fast paced, repetitive, unionized.
Short Order Cook (Current Employee) –  Saratoga Springs, NY 12866February 6, 2019
This job would be a great beginning job for high school graduates. Hard to work as a team player when there is no team. The benefits are fantastic.
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
Poor upper management
Fun place for work while studying
Dance Production Crew (Former Employee) –  Saratoga Springs, NYDecember 14, 2018
I worked here as part of my work-study on campus. My supervisor was very understanding of that and made sure we were paid adequately for the skills we were utilizing, and was very chill.
Fun place to work
Short Order Cook (Former Employee) –  Saratoga Springs, NY 12866October 18, 2018
All in all this was a good place to work. The students and staff are great and I made a lot of friends while working here. My only complaint about the job is if you don't fit into your managers clique then you are considered an outsider and will be targeted and scrutinized more, while people that are in the clique can get away with anything.
Pros
Great benefits, free food
Great college
Writing Center Tutor (Former Employee) –  Saratoga Springs, NYAugust 18, 2018
I attended Skidmore College for 4 years. Starting in my Sophomore year I worked as a tutor in the Writing Center on campus. It was an excellent place to work as I got to be paid as well as practice my own writing skills.
Many oportunities
Undergraduate Biochemistry Researcher (Former Employee) –  Saratoga Springs, NYAugust 15, 2018
Everyone is very friendly and wants to help you succeed. I've worked in a few different departments at Skidmore College and have had great experiences at all of them.
Great Place to Work
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Saratoga Springs, NYJuly 19, 2018
Skidmore has a great culture. They encourage staff and faculty to maintain a work-life balance. Compensation is good as is morale. Increasing diversity is a priority for the administration.
a good place to work
facilitator Trainer (Former Employee) –  New York StateJuly 17, 2018
a good place to work. Management should listen more to the needs of the employees. Employees are put into to many dangerous positions with the students.
Pros
good benifits
Cons
little support from managment
Student Employee
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Saratoga Springs, NYJune 25, 2018
I was a student employee. There is no room for growth as a student employee because you are focused on receiving your degree in your field of study at the college.
I'm a student worker
Media Services Student Technician (Current Employee) –  Saratoga Springs, NYJune 13, 2018
I am a student worker, so I do not receive the same benefits as those who actually work for the college. It's more of a part-time job sort of thing. Therefore, I cannot give a proper review or rating of what it is like to work at Skidmore. The ratings that I had given are completely arbitrary and should not be considered into the overall work experience there. The only reason those stars are there is because I thought they were required. From my experience though, I've had a good time.
Great Liberal School
Campus Safety Officer (Former Employee) –  Saratoga Springs, NYJune 12, 2018
Campus Safety program is run by retired NYS Troopers that keep a good ole boy club. The school and facility is wonderful. The Officers are great, the HR is atrocious.
Pros
Local to home
Cons
Hr
Hebrew Professor
Hebrew teacher (Former Employee) –  Saratoga Springs, NYApril 24, 2018
I worked at Skidmore for nearly ten years. There was no room for advancement or any benefits. There was no appreciation for my advance degrees. It was a job.
Great being able to work on campus
Graphic Designer (Student) (Current Employee) –  Saratoga Springs, NYJanuary 27, 2018
I set my own hours as a graphic designer so it makes my time flexible and I can work as much or as little as I want. It's my school so I'm glad to be a part of the community by using skills I learned at Skidmore.
Great Job
Peer Academic Coach (Current Employee) –  Saratoga Springs, NYJanuary 12, 2018
Working as a peer academic was great. I was able to help my peers with their issues relating to my subject but also was able to help with broader issues.
Great while in college
Student Ambassador (Former Employee) –  Saratoga Springs, NYJanuary 11, 2018
Skidmore was a great college to work for. They did their best to make sure that all employees were happy and well informed. They scheduled employees fairly. Each employee went through various trainings to make sure that they were educated and professional.
Position Review
Leadership Gift Officer (Current Employee) –  Saratoga Springs, NYDecember 21, 2017
Distracted management is one of the greater difficulties at Skidmore and a culture based on tasks not goals adds to this difficulty. On a positive note, staff are collegial and pleasant to one another, and teamwork is emphasized within divisions on shared projects.
Pros
Vacation, autonomy
Cons
Lack of management and planning
Balanced work/academic life job opportunity
Resident Assistant (RA) (Current Employee) –  Saratoga Springs, NYOctober 14, 2017
Skidmore Reslife is an awesome place to work as a student at Skidmore College. It pays for housing, and you receive the opportunity to strengthen your leadership skills, as well as your clerical, social, time management, and communication skills.
Pros
Free Housing, Good Workplace Environment
Cons
Sporadic Heavy Work Weeks
Good student work
Student Technician Assistant (Former Employee) –  Saratoga Springs, NYSeptember 26, 2017
Student work was decent and there were a lot of opportunities available to students who wanted to earn some extra money while at school. The work was satisfying and educational and management was good.
An excellent college atmosphere
Visiting Assistant Professor (Former Employee) –  Saratoga Springs, NYSeptember 26, 2017
I enjoyed my brief time at Skidmore College, and would return there in a heartbeat. The physics faculty were friendly and readily welcomed me into the fold.
Great Place to Work
Food Service Worker (Former Employee) –  Saratoga Springs, NYAugust 17, 2017
I had a great time working at Skidmore College. My coworkers there were very nice and helped me develop as a person. I learned many valuable skills. The owners are great.