Skidmore College Employee Reviews

Many oportunities
Undergraduate Biochemistry Researcher (Former Employee) –  Saratoga Springs, NYAugust 15, 2018
Everyone is very friendly and wants to help you succeed. I've worked in a few different departments at Skidmore College and have had great experiences at all of them.
Great Place to Work
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Saratoga Springs, NYJuly 19, 2018
Skidmore has a great culture. They encourage staff and faculty to maintain a work-life balance. Compensation is good as is morale. Increasing diversity is a priority for the administration.
a good place to work
facilitator Trainer (Former Employee) –  New York StateJuly 17, 2018
a good place to work. Management should listen more to the needs of the employees. Employees are put into to many dangerous positions with the students.
Pros
good benifits
Cons
little support from managment
I'm a student worker
Media Services Student Technician (Current Employee) –  Saratoga Springs, NYJune 13, 2018
I am a student worker, so I do not receive the same benefits as those who actually work for the college. It's more of a part-time job sort of thing. Therefore, I cannot give a proper review or rating of what it is like to work at Skidmore. The ratings that I had given are completely arbitrary and should not be considered into the overall work experience there. The only reason those stars are there is because I thought they were required. From my experience though, I've had a good time.
Hebrew Professor
Hebrew teacher (Former Employee) –  Saratoga Springs, NYApril 24, 2018
I worked at Skidmore for nearly ten years. There was no room for advancement or any benefits. There was no appreciation for my advance degrees. It was a job.
Great being able to work on campus
Graphic Designer (Student) (Current Employee) –  Saratoga Springs, NYJanuary 27, 2018
I set my own hours as a graphic designer so it makes my time flexible and I can work as much or as little as I want. It's my school so I'm glad to be a part of the community by using skills I learned at Skidmore.
Great Job
Peer Academic Coach (Current Employee) –  Saratoga Springs, NYJanuary 12, 2018
Working as a peer academic was great. I was able to help my peers with their issues relating to my subject but also was able to help with broader issues.
Great while in college
Student Ambassador (Former Employee) –  Saratoga Springs, NYJanuary 11, 2018
Skidmore was a great college to work for. They did their best to make sure that all employees were happy and well informed. They scheduled employees fairly. Each employee went through various trainings to make sure that they were educated and professional.
Position Review
Leadership Gift Officer (Current Employee) –  Saratoga Springs, NYDecember 21, 2017
Distracted management is one of the greater difficulties at Skidmore and a culture based on tasks not goals adds to this difficulty. On a positive note, staff are collegial and pleasant to one another, and teamwork is emphasized within divisions on shared projects.
Pros
Vacation, autonomy
Cons
Lack of management and planning
Good student work
Student Technician Assistant (Former Employee) –  Saratoga Springs, NYSeptember 26, 2017
Student work was decent and there were a lot of opportunities available to students who wanted to earn some extra money while at school. The work was satisfying and educational and management was good.
An excellent college atmosphere
Visiting Assistant Professor (Former Employee) –  Saratoga Springs, NYSeptember 26, 2017
I enjoyed my brief time at Skidmore College, and would return there in a heartbeat. The physics faculty were friendly and readily welcomed me into the fold.
Great Place to Work
Food Service Worker (Former Employee) –  Saratoga Springs, NYAugust 17, 2017
I had a great time working at Skidmore College. My coworkers there were very nice and helped me develop as a person. I learned many valuable skills. The owners are great.
great place to work but was only a part time job that I held while I was a student at the College
Captain, Men's golf team (Former Employee) –  Saratoga Springs, NYAugust 11, 2017
Skidmore College was a great place to work with a great work culture and great management but was only a temporary job during winter and summer breaks from classes.
Pros
great people to work with and work for, Enjoyed meeting and talking to a lot of new people about their interest in attending the college
Cons
temporary/seasonal job
My Skidmore Review
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Saratoga Springs, NYAugust 9, 2017
housekeeping at skid more college was pretty nice day to day each day went and cleaned for 8 hours an area assigned to you, so every day you would clean as much as possible so the next day after the area was used you could clean it back to *normal*. The atmosphere was younger college students so nothing to scary around. Most employees where nice to work with and you get to know each other as you spend 5 days a week 8 hours a day with them. I also believe that the pay and benefits are fair for the amount of work that is asked. I would recommend to a friend.
Well organized management
German Tutor (Former Employee) –  Saratoga Springs, NYJuly 31, 2017
I had very little face to face communication with a lot of my supervisors but they had great communication through email. I learned a lot about organization and playing to peoples strengths while remaining patient about weaknesses.
Pros
Good learning experiences
Cons
Beautiful Campus and wonderful faculty and students
Office Coordinator to Department of Sociology (Former Employee) –  Saratoga Springs, NYJuly 16, 2017
This takes me back a bit but I would unlock my office and see if any of the professors asked me to make copies or create spreadsheets today or if I needed to prepare a room for video, then the students would arrive asking for professors and I kept schedules for all 12 of them for Sociology, Anthropology and Social Work.
I handled the department's accounts receivable/payable, renew many subscriptions for professors, ordered office supplies and equipment and made changes to catalog within the department concerning classes. I would arrange travel for professors and or student trips and then the daily copies, faxes, and working on both PC and Mac platforms to accommodate all professors and students. I was fortunate to have the IT department teach me anything new I needed to know and then some, I also enrolled in courses myself to learn how to update the department website. Take a walk across campus to collect the mail then distribute.
Pros
Working on my own
Cons
Some professors were more needy than others
Comfortable and exciting work atmosphere
Research Designer (Former Employee) –  Saratoga Springs, NYJuly 10, 2017
Most enjoyable part of the job: many opportunities for advancement. State of the art equipment and technology. Great coworker relationships, which improves work environment.
Great Management
Prep Cook/Dishwasher (Former Employee) –  Saratoga Springs, NYJune 14, 2017
It was always a busy day when working at Skidmore College. The most enjoyable part of the job was meeting new employees everyday and never really having downtime
It was a great school that helped me obtain many skills
Skidmore Crew Team (Former Employee) –  Saratoga Springs, NYJune 8, 2017
During my time at Skidmore I developed stronger communication skills and an incredible work ethic. I became a self advocate as well allowing me to achieve an overall gap of 3.84.
A great place to work and learn!
Contributing Writer / Communications Dept. (Former Employee) –  Saratoga Springs, NYJune 7, 2017
Great school, provided a ton of opportunities for my own career growth. There were also numerous employment oppourtunities which I garnered there. I would highly recommend this institution.