Skidmore College Employee Review

View all Skidmore College reviews

Skidmore is a challenging environment to make in with staff and students alike.
Office Coordinator Media Services (Current Employee) –  Saratoga Springs, NYFebruary 8, 2014
A typical day at Skidmore involves managing student workers and interacting with both staff and students. I learned that media in college is very different than media in the public realm. I would have to "rate" both management and co-workers as average. The hardest part of the job is a lack of consistency emanating from the top down. The most enjoyable part of the job is working with the students.
Pros
Relaxed and learning atmosphere.
Cons
Working with faculty who think they are "above the law."

Other Skidmore College Employee Reviews

I'm a student worker
Media Services Student Technician (Current Employee) –  Saratoga Springs, NYJune 13, 2018
I am a student worker, so I do not receive the same benefits as those who actually work for the college. It's more of a part-time job sort of thing. Therefore, I cannot give a proper review or rating of what it is like to work at Skidmore. The ratings that I had given are completely arbitrary and should not be considered into the overall work experience there. The only reason those stars are there is because I thought they were required. From my experience though, I've had a good time.
Hebrew Professor
Hebrew teacher (Former Employee) –  Saratoga Springs, NYApril 24, 2018
I worked at Skidmore for nearly ten years. There was no room for advancement or any benefits. There was no appreciation for my advance degrees. It was a job.