Skiff Medical Center Employee Reviews

Relaxed atmosphere, friendly staff
Ultrsonographer (Former Employee) –  Newton, IAFebruary 18, 2018
Working at Skiff Medical Center was very enjoyable. The team in the department that I worked in was more like family. I felt welcome from day one! This assignment was more like a working vacation. Loved the staff and my short time there.
Pros
Friendly, welcoming staff
Growth is optional
Patient Access Representative (Current Employee) –  Newton, IowaMay 21, 2017
With the right attitude of self improvement and focus, it would be a good company to work for. No job is perfect. Don't look at other peers and keep on task.
Pros
good benefits through Conifer Health Solutions
Cons
None at this point
great hospital in rural iowa
Physical Therapist (Former Employee) –  Newton, IAFebruary 13, 2017
My experience was during a clinical rotation in PT school. I am unable to accurately rate the compensation/ benefits, job security/ advancement, and management due to my limited experience. During my 10 week clinical I was able to work both outpatient and inpatient care. The outpatient clinic was professional and the inpatient care was very pleasant. The patients who stay at Skiff love the hospital and the staff are all very friendly and helpful.
Pros
nice cafe, clean hospital, positive atmosphere
Cons
rural iowa
Nice co-workers but poor teamwork!
Stock Technician (Current Employee) –  Newton, IAJune 29, 2016
I work hard, do not get breaks except for lunch. I often have more work than be completed in one day and get asked to do more without getting help. I get paid very poorly, not getting to save anything, live paycheck by paycheck. Management does not listen to complaints and tell you just what you they think you want to hear. My position does not offer any advancement opportunities. I do love working with others outside of my department!
The Hospice Unit was a very loving/caring unit, Med-surg unit was very miss managed
Hospice/Med-Surg C.N.A. (Former Employee) –  Newton, IAJanuary 14, 2015
Assigned patients for shift. Shift change. In Hospice there was no typical day. Each patient was cared for depending on their needs, depending on the stage of end of life that they were at. Management and co-workers worked as a total Team. It was hard to see a patient with no loved ones by their side at end of life, but they always had a staff member by their side holding their hand. It was very rewarding to comfort the patient, family and friends during this difficult time. Med-Surg had poor management on the night shift. Co-workers would push their patients off on the co-worrkers that cared about the patients. I learned alot about recovery for patients with knee, hip and shoulder replacement. I enjoyed the hospital when it was management correctly and we worked as a Team.
Benefits
Cons
Short staffed, no breaks or lunch breaks on the night shift.
Small community hospital
Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Newton, IAJuly 6, 2014
typical day at work starts out getting reports of your patent you were assigned and group with your nurse who also was assigned the same patients to get more detailed report. After reports id start the vitals and then chart them into the computer and from there I go by answering call lights taking patients to the bathroom and reporting pain or other uncomfortable feeling the patients are feeling.
I worked over nights so I didn't work much with management
The hardest part of my job was the 12 hour shifts.
the most enjoyable part of my job was the thought of how much I am helping people
Pros
great job oppertuinty
Cons
short staffed
local hospital
Cna (Current Employee) –  Newton, IAMay 10, 2014
i worked over night my co workers were great at pitching and helping out the hardest part was always being under staffed and being very busy i enjoy what i do as a cna
Great staff
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Newton, IAApril 21, 2014
Great staff
Great staff to patient ratio
Up to date medical equipment
Medical/Healthcare/Surgery
Surgical Tech (Current Employee) –  Newton, IAJanuary 25, 2014
Skiff places high priority on making employees feel like a part of a large extended family. My specific department has a staff shortage, but also has a varied schedule. One week we might work overtime and the next we are sent home early due to low census.
Fun place t work
Supervisor PT satellite clinics (Current Employee) –  Newton, IAJanuary 21, 2014
Evaluate and treat patients with wide varieties of dx's and age ranges, day to day operation of department. I learned that every day is unique and every individual is, also. Co-workers are all around good people. Hardest part of the day remains the ever present evil of paper work. Most enjoyable part of the day, remains patient care., day,
Pros
Patients
Cons
Paper work
fun work place just to hot
any, cleanig,housekeeping, (Former Employee) –  Newton, IASeptember 13, 2013
press men's dress shirts, up 56 a day. lay 450 flat bar towels for Grinnell College, mangle linen for 1an12 hours, clean office, vacuum, Run the Business when owner is on vacation. hardest part of job is the heat. coworkers are awesome friends. Mondays missing my coworkers over the weekend.
Pros
air conditioning
Cons
missing my ex work friends

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Skiff Medical Center. Our community is ready to answer.

Skiff Medical Center Reviews by Location