Skilled Wound Care Employee Reviews

Micromanaged work environment
Medical Biller (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAJuly 27, 2018
A typical day is come in, clock in and sit down and start working. There is no talking allowed in the Billing Department, it is so quiet all you hear is the keyboards. Management needs better training. H.R needs training on how to talk to employees. During breaks all you hear is complaining about work and management. One thing is that in the Billing Department there is favoritism.
Pros
Free lunch every Friday
Cons
pays minimum wage
Enjoying better work/life balance as 55+ worker
Physician Provider (Current Employee) –  Southern USOctober 23, 2017
Great way to be clinically involved ,educated , travel , and connected to progressive group serving an expanding client base in a field needing to be better served by a medical team. I see the trade off in time and reward for efforts every day with more than 18 months of time invested.
Pros
CME hrs, travel/lodging, advancements, supplies, proprietary EHR, and uniforms.
Cons
no part time benefits currently
Excellent Work Life Balance
Physician (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXOctober 18, 2017
I am currently a full time physician working for Skilled Wound Care. I originally started part time looking for a new career with more flexibility and regular work hours while still getting hands on patient care and procedures. After I started with SWC, I appreciated working independently with full autonomy seeing patients and doing procedures while still feeling like a part of a team with an emphasis on quality of care and internal continuing education so that I can feel confident that I am providing the best care for my patients. A typical work day includes rounding from ~7am to 2pm on an average of 20 patients at 2-3 skilled nursing facilities plus ~2-3 hrs of charting in the afternoon or evening depending on my schedule. The EMR is user friendly on the iPad and directs the user by prompting for a majority of the information required to write a good note. I always have support from colleagues and management when I encounter challenges or difficult cases. I was also pleasantly surprised to have found working with the skilled nursing patient population very rewarding especially with the long term patients that you see week after week and feel very fortunate to have developed great working relationships with the various nursing staff. I strongly recommend SWC and look forward to growing with the company.
Pros
work life balance, team approach, continuing education, Emr
Cons
driving time which is dependent on personal preferences
I can't stop recommending Skilled Wound Care to my colleagues.
Physician provider (Current Employee) –  San Diego County, CAOctober 6, 2017
I'm a physician provider and have worked at this company for one year. I have worked in various medical fields and I have never felt like part of a family, until joining SWC. I have full control of my schedule and I am finally able to enjoy a balanced work/lifestyle. The compensation is fair and I make as much as I want, based on my goals. They never pressure you into working more than you desire. The company is very ethically and their sole goal is to improve patient's lives by eradicating pressure injuries.This is a long term career and I am very happy I have found a place at SWC.
Pros
flexible, excellent company support, ethical, relaxed work environment
Cons
variable driving hours based on provider preferences
Look closely
Full Time Physician Assistant (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles County, CA to Riverside Co, CASeptember 6, 2017
-inadequate training for inexperienced medical provider
-no travel allowance pay
-long hours for greater pay
-no pay for writing reports
-forced independent contractor tax status
Pros
Patients
Full Time Physician Assistant
Full Time Physician Assistant (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAMay 23, 2017
I am a full time physician assistant, and I have been with SWC for a little under 3 years. I have really loved the job and the day to day rounds. I do drive to nursing facilities and see patients who are mostly elderly with wounds. I have a lot of autonomy seeing the wounds and performing bedside procedure like debridement. As a PA I enjoy being out on the field, making my own decisions, and getting to work alongside nurses. My day starts early to drive and beat traffic. I round at a number of facilities with nurses. Then I come home early in the day at around 3 or 4 ish. I do document at night for about 2 hours on the EMR System.
Pros
Work/Life Balance, Friendly Company, A lot of Support
Cons
Documentation, but they are available to help you
worst job I ever had
Physician Assistant (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAMay 5, 2017
If you like running around town to 5-6 different skilled SNF's a day, making less than 30 dollars an hour with no benefits not even mileage allowence take this job. They do little to no field training and then expect you to do procedures which you are absolutely not trained well enough to do. Don't put your license at risk and get paid bad for it. I worked here for 2 months and that was enough.
Pros
learn something aobut wound care
Cons
everything
Very progressive company with great leadership
Physician Assistant (Current Employee) –  Sacramento, CAFebruary 17, 2016
Great support for questions and new issues encountered in the field. Co-workers are primarily retired surgeons, who are all very helpful!!. I have learned a myriad about wounds and the treatment thereof!
Great work enviroment
Full Time Wound Care Specialist (Former Employee) –  Culver City, CAMarch 27, 2013
Wound debridement, Tx recommendation and recorded using EMR
Pros
good money and working relationship at the facilities
Cons
time consuming reports

Want to know more about Skilled Wound Care?

Ask a question