Skills of Central PA

Skills of Central PA Employee Reviews in Ebensburg, PA

Ebensburg, PA11 reviews

amazeskillindividualrewardclientleaderavailbenefit

Wouldn't recommend

Absolute joke of a company. The team leaders are extremely incompetent, unfair, and flat out lazy. The cliques are ridiculous. In my experience, I was treated like trash. I had a family emergency and couldn't even get ahold of anyone to find relief for my shift. You can't call off because there is literally no one to cover shifts. You'll literally live at work and any extra work you do goes unnoticed.

Was fun in the begining

Was a great company at first but in the last year management and up have just made this a horrible place to work. The only good part about this job is the people that we support. There is no one that had your back and helps you other than some fellow DSPs, and maybe a few team leaders. Most team leaders think that they are above helping and working more than monday thru friday 8-4. Overall i would not recommend working here

Pros

The people that are supported

Cons

Every other thing and all the upper management

Skills of Central PA insights

What people like
  • Clear sense of purpose
Areas for improvement
  • Trust in colleagues
  • Sense of belonging
  • Support from manager

This company does its best to put employees first and is dedicated to making a difference. This is my first experience in non profit and I'm very happy here.

Tolerable... Good times and bad

Working here taught me a lot for the special needs and their lifestyle over the years I've worked here. Management was helpful to a point and day to day work was a piece of cake most of the time. Coworkers could be your best friend or your worst enemy. Team leaders all have a sense of power instead of leadership and give off the vibe that they are better than you because of their position.

Horrible management in Cambria County

Management is terrible. When issues arise nobody addresses them. Employees are disrespected. When individual rights are abused and reported ,nothing is done. Turn over is high. That should tell you something!

Pros

Individuals are awesome!

It was good in the beginning

Very good in the begining. But then we got new managers that liked to talk to us emloyees like imbusuls was told when we got new ones that whoever stayed at the house would either get fired and or would be pushed so hard to quit the management in the ebensburg office is a joke is ran by a clique

Pros

Good pay

Cons

Bad managers

Skills of Central Pa is a good job!

This job is very similar to Lifestyles Support Services, all the same protocols apply. Your individual comes first and that is what made this company amazing!

Pros

Free food, helping those in need.

Cons

Hours during college.

A good place to work. With good benefits and plenty of work.

Overall the workplace culture is good. Scheduling could be more consistent. I didn't feel matched well with my team members. Not much offered to grow or learn with in the company.

Pros

Paid time off, Benefits, Clientele

Cons

scheduling

The people are nice, and there to assist you when needed.

Skills is a nice place to work. My co-workers are there when I may need some assistance with the learning curve, since I have only been there a relatively short time. However, I am looking for another opportunity in which I could stay with the same company for the remaining 20 to 25 years of my career.

Pros

Flexible schedule.

Cons

At times, the job is fast-paced.

fun place to work at

I get along with everyone here at skills... Everyone makes it fun to work at because it is a easier day if you are having fun.Taking care of the poeple we support is the number one priority

working with Skills

Skills was a very helpful business. This was my first experience working with special needs individual. I enjoy learning how to work with my resident and everyday brings something new.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Skills of Central PA. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.9 out of 5 stars for Compensation/Benefits

Ratings from women

2.1
InHerSight Score
1.3Personal Development
2.8Career Opportunities
2.6Family Support
Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight
Powered byInHerSight