SkillsUSA Employee Reviews

Productive and Outstanding organization for any member
Northwest District Secretary (Former Employee) –  Enid, OKAugust 16, 2018
Though this was a student organization, it was one unlike any other with competitions and opportunities to grow being it at it's best, SkillsUSA really has about something for anyone who really wants to branch and learn / acquire new and old skills for the present and hopefully the future of the workforce.
Pros
Ofter are away from home and tend to work late in the night.
Cons
Great People and Wonderful job and competition experiences
Great work environment
Chair of Digital Cinema Production (Former Employee) –  Reno, NVFebruary 12, 2018
Was a great experience helping the kids achieve a bit of success. The team running the event was a great help in getting me up to speed and keeping me there.
Not a company but a Leadership Organization
State Officer (Former Employee) –  Springfield, ILJanuary 8, 2018
SkillsUSA is an excellent organization that works to promote leadership and professional development skills for high school and collegiate students looking to go into trade or technical fields of work. As a State Officer for Illinois, I met countless members across my state and the United States who have greatly benefitted from all that this organization has to offer.
not a job
Activities & Member (Former Employee) –  Allentown, PASeptember 14, 2017
this isnt actually a job it was an activate i was apart of while i was in high school to be more in depth it was required for all students in carpentry to attend
fun people
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Hendersonville, TNJune 1, 2017
Skills USA was a good, easy credit to get for high school. I would help set up events. The hardest part of the job was the long shifts. The most enjoyable part was getting to know new people.
Fun and also helpful for doing more for our school.
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Newark, OHDecember 15, 2016
This was a program part of C-tec that helped students, teachers, and staff work together to help everyone excel. It was not a company and there would be meetings for students to find out ways to improve the student body. It made many students involved more outside of school. I participated with Skills USA during the Craft Show at C-tec by providing help with unpacking/packing boxes for members.
Very productive and fun.
Connecticut Regional SkillsUSA Participation (Former Employee) –  ConnecticutApril 26, 2016
Everyone works very hard an are proficient to experts at there trade/skills for such a young age. Great work atmosphere and people new to meet through out the event.
Pros
great people
Cons
waiting
A Productive Workplace Envoirnment
SkillsUSA National Skills Leader (Current Employee) –  Columbus, GAApril 9, 2016
A causal Work Day for a 16 Year Old would be waking up at 6:30 in the morning and attending school with a nice hot cup of coffee. Throughout the School Day pay attention in all classes, and ending the day I would love to work at a Part-Time Shift at Red Lobster, which is a job that I am currently applying for, finish that shift go home and get ready to do it all over again.
Excellent Organization for Evaluating skills of trade skill students in the format of a contest
volunteer Judge (Former Employee) –  Rexburg, IDMarch 22, 2016
Skills USA is an excellent opportunity for students to be judged and ranked against other students of the same trade. I anticipate I will continue to seek opportunities to serve in this organization.
This was not a job, but I loved it!
President (Former Employee) –  Pine Bluff, ARJune 17, 2015
This is also another organization that I was president over in my senior year of high school. It was a vocational organization that allowed students to learn labor and skills for careers such as criminal justice and architecture. There were also national competitions in this organization that allowed students to understand the competitiveness of the work force in the real world.
Pros
skill and charater building, informative courses
SkillsUSA was a fantastic experience to be a part of.
Member (Former Employee) –  New JerseyMay 30, 2015
SkillsUSA was absolutely fantastic to be a part of. It required a lot of work, including practice for presentations every day, and spending at least half of my day working on a project or presentation to be ready for the competition.
Pros
Builds life skills, knowledge, and personality.
Cons
Very tiring
Competition for school
Competition (Former Employee) –  usNovember 19, 2014
Another competition based on technical center programs and potential jobs
This was a school program
Secretary (Former Employee) –  Bonne TerreSeptember 3, 2014
This allowed me to practice the things that i learned in votech. This also allowed me to meet other people who wanted to better their future.
Great Experience
Volunteer time (Former Employee) –  Grantsville, WVJuly 16, 2014
Volunteer work, very great experience for students and staff
Pros
competition
Cons
long travel times
Skills USA
Member (Current Employee) –  Township of Brick, NJJune 10, 2014
skill USA is a great competition to be in it really pushes you to your limits
Productive fun experiencing
Secretary of Muslim Student Association (Former Employee) –  representative clubMay 12, 2014
Attending meetings, talking to my employees and managers, getting heavy equipment up to 50 lbs and carrying it to film locations, meeting new people, interviewing, calling, setting up emails, i love my job and i learned so many work skills for my first time experience as an intern.
Pros
meet new people, travel to schools
Fun way to prepare students for the world of work
Member (Former Employee) –  Bellflower, CAMarch 18, 2014
SkillsUSA is an amazing program which helps students of all ages (middle school and up) adapt in a friendly environment to work life. They have competitions for nearly every field and are in every state across the US. Helping to form or run a chapter is rewarding both morally and socially while creating opportunities for others
Greeat Benifits!
Service Technician (Former Employee) –  Greenwood, MS 38930June 4, 2013
I would love to work in a well orginized business with insurance, 401K, and retirement,
Officer
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Newbern, TNJune 27, 2012
Volunteer to help the community. We held toy, Penny, and Can food donations to help out community.
Pros
helping others