Skip the Dishes Employee Reviews

Job For Money Haters
Courier Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, ABDecember 16, 2018
This is the best job if you're not interested in money. Getting paid for $3.45 for 9 kilometres delivery ( restaurant + customer's house). They should do the math on how to pay the right transit fee for the drivers, distance of the restaurant + distance from the customer's house. They should not include customer's tips on transit fee.. It's for us.
I will not recommend this, waste of time, money and more wear and tear on the vehicle.
Pros
you can pick your own hours
Cons
not enough pay
Courier/driver
Courier / Driver (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, ABDecember 16, 2018
Skip is basically a robot. Dispatch help is slow and patronizing . Designed on word selection to reply via live chat. If you need help immediately , it will take a minimum of 20 mins to talk to someone real . Skip only worries about volume and funds from restaurants . Skip will cap your income to optimize your shifts for coverage and give minimum orders after you’ve earned your limit. Calculated , manipulation to tell you it’s gps and random. Will cost you money in the end to work for them .They will hire anyone , so pride in your job isn’t important. They guilt you with customer reviews but they could care less about customer service or food quality. Nobody knows how they calculate pay per order .. it’s a secret. No time allotted for apartments , wrong addresses , wrong phone numbers , waiting at restaurants. Restaurants pay for wait times but NEVER reimbursed to couriers. Bonuses are NEVER paid for referrals or other sign ons. Have to pay for your own bags . A lot of idle time when there’s a thousand new couriers they want to push orders on.
Pros
Weekly pay- if you make money, meeting new people, work alone
Cons
Terrible courier support, deceiving and manipulating company, carry your own maintenance on vehicle, buy your own bags, no coaching with app, will hire anyone, only concern is volume
Love the delivery, hate the pay.
Courier Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Alberta, EdmontonDecember 15, 2018
Being a courier, my salary is based on tips. People in Edmonton are selfish and don't care about others so they either tip small or mostly, not at all. Obviously this makes it impossible to make a living off being a courier for this company.
Highly suggest not working here. Not being tipped most of the time or in such small amounts is very angering and that anger can fester.
Pros
Picking your hours, driving around.
Cons
little to no tips.
skip the dishes
Food Courier (Current Employee) –  St. Catharines, ONDecember 13, 2018
love the job just currently unable to drive at the moment due to medical reasons. very flexible and you pick your own hours so its a wonderful thing to do on the side.
Good
Independent Contractor (Current Employee) –  St. John's, NLDecember 11, 2018
I would like to reply to the man who cancelled his job. This is not good for the system, you need to take the jobs you are given in shift - to help the system deal with all the orders. You got bumped to the bottom of the system and took an hour to find a job because you got bumped to the bottom for being out of rank
Pros
Social
Cons
Gets hungry a lot
My overall experience is good.
Delivery Driver (Part-time) (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg, MBDecember 11, 2018
The most important thing is explore the area. While doing skip the dishes learn so many things. Everyday meet with new people and get some knowledge from them.
Pros
flexible hours.
Cons
less earnings.
Terrible!
Driver/Delivery (Former Employee) –  Ottawa East, ONDecember 7, 2018
The average person in my are does not tip, or will tip very poorly. The Skip delivery rate just isn't worth it. You blindly accept orders without knowing how far you have to drive to the restaurant (something you don't get paid for), you have to accept the delivery rate based on how long Skip thinks it takes to deliver (they don't account for traffic or weather), and they expect you to earn your money via tips, but don't give customers the ability to tip after, only before, which is bizzar, so many people just don't tip. I've spent half an hour on an order that earned me a total of $3.50! It's wrong, and not worth it. I will only drive for Skip's competitors that actually pay half decent!
Pros
Don't have to wait at restaurants long
Cons
Scheduling shifts instead of just going online, Being stuck in the area Skip picks for you, Not making fair amount of money.
Less then min wage
Driver/Delivery (Former Employee) –  Burnaby, BCDecember 6, 2018
TERRIBLE PLACE TO WORK . if making money is your goal you will be racing around and dubble parking ( getting towed ) ( parking ticket) no parking in most busy areas . I did the math after my 3 rd shift after buying the bags for 80.00 and gas per shift 15 i was almost in the red . I calculated i was making less then min wage andf driving all over the city 240 km 2 days . They take advanatge of you BIG time . don't waste your time making them rich .
Pros
smelling food
Cons
everything
Its perfectly fine fort me
Courier Driver (Current Employee) –  Newfoundland and LabradorDecember 1, 2018
Ok so if you want a true review of skip the dishes this is going to be it. a lot of people are complaining about how much money they are making. see the thing is, its not that you dont make money its the fact that people are .... going out with vehicles that are not even good on gas. I have a 2016 Hyundai Elantra with eco and its a 1.8l i make about 300 dollars or more and spend about 40 on gas. Its simple if you dont live in a busy area your not very smart for wanting to do this anyways. if you have the right kind of vehicle and you live in a highly populated area for the job you make BANK at this job dont listen to what other winy people are saying just because there unlucky.

Get a good cheap on gas car, and live in a populated area simple as that. and be smart about what your doing, dont floor it up hills, dont drive high in rpms, accept the order check the details if its to far for the amount simply decline it, turn your car off and wait for a bigger order. in 4hrs im after making 130 bucks. and in about 10-9 hours im after making about 200 with only spending like 20 on gas not even.

so like i said money to gas ratio is not even a problem at all if u have the proper vehicle for it. and it all depends on the night dont go out 9am and expect it to be flat out, not many people order breakfast. go out in the evenings from 3:30 until like 9:30 learn your community and when its busy and when its not. look for events for example i had a occasion where all the bars downtown where im from were all free people were loaded and all they wanted was food. this evening around 2pm
  more... will be busy because people are gonna have hang overs and not want to leave there house for food.

all in all be smart about it, get the right car with the right fuel efficiency, learn the times that its busy, and decline small stupid orders that are 20min drives. the only downside is that maintenance is on you.
Pros
Your own time, work with who u want, stop at any time, take a break anytime
Cons
Gas money, Car maintenance
Skip the dishes is okay
Courier (Current Employee) –  Grande Prairie, ABDecember 1, 2018
Skip the dishes is okay. It sucks getting lots of 5-6dollar delivery’s.. exspecially when they added McDonald’s. It’s easy on the body, and the app is easy to work with. Sucks being called pizza boy.
Pros
Easy Money
Cons
Doesn’t pay very well with high fuel prices, and low tips

Want to know more about Skip the Dishes?

Ask a question
It's ok if you are looking for a little extra cash.
Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Welland, ONNovember 28, 2018
It's a delivery job and you only get paid per delivery. I don't mind it for when I have nothing to do but if is a lot of waiting around and you are using your own car so you pay for the wear and tare on the car plus they don't pay for gas either
Discriminatory behaviour towards courier who decline the order
Courier (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONNovember 26, 2018
It has been observed for the past 3 weeks that once you request to reassign the order you do not get any orders for the next 1 hour. I experimented on a trip where I had to pick food from a restaurant 9 Kms and go further 8 Kms today deliver. The pay was only $9. I just requested to reassign. I was in a busy area on a Saturday evening and was expecting another order soon. However, after waiting for 1 hour I checked out. This is ridiculous, as an independent contractor I can decline deliveries which are not worth and and I should not be penalized for that.
Skip sucks.
Pros
Easy job
Cons
Paltry pay, greedy company
it is OK to generate few dollars if nothing else is available.
contract driver (Current Employee) –  Calgary, ABNovember 24, 2018
Work base on contract using own vehicle .
Pay based on delivery which each one has different $ value. Each delivery pay is calculated base on average delivery time, not on the distance. it means no mater how far driver go (gas usage), but how much time ia required to accomplish the delivery. not every driver getting the $ assignment.

I'm doing this only because I have no other means of income, not because I love it.
Pros
Flexibility
Cons
Low pay and high expenses. Lack of personal contact with management.
enjoyable meeting different people all over the area
Driver/Delivery (Current Employee) –  Oshawa, ONNovember 22, 2018
communication over your phone.
pick up orders and deliver
at times you can extend your shifts
get feed back from customers sent to Skip and they rely back to you.
such as customer services,friendly,over and above etc.

The wait time some days is long before getting an order but the communication between the office and myself has always been very good. They work with you. Enjoy this job
Pros
working on your own time frame
Cons
days with not many orders
Cannot believe how unprepared it is
Customer chat (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg, MBNovember 21, 2018
The only thing i can do is give a number to call or an e-mail, i can't actually help with anything for customers. If you want a simple job with no real responsibility or due diligence, this is your thing
Pros
easy, dont do much work
Cons
bad pay
Was better, now it's a waste of time!
Courier Driver (Current Employee) –  Victoria, BCNovember 21, 2018
I joined Skip in April while I was still in university as a part time job. It was pretty decent with I was making $20 per hour on average with some days making even more. But it has really gone down since October with way too many couriers on the road and no ones making any decent money. I've been making like 40-60 frequently on a 4 hr shift which is really a waste of my time. I guess Skip got greedy with their golden goose and started to put more couriers on the road and pretty soon they will see it would not be sustainable with so many couriers leaving for a better job.
Pros
Flexibility, Being your own boss
Cons
Low pay, Mileage on the vehicle, Accidents, Fines, Tickets
productive and a really fun place for work
Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MBNovember 16, 2018
one of the best place I've worked. they have a call center for the drivers which is really great and they pay about 4.5 cads per transit ( tips are not included)
Standard tipping
Courier (Current Employee) –  St. Albert, ABNovember 16, 2018
I do skip at st. Albert.. Some generous some are not.. Many customers give wrong addresses.. Customer too should be educated about tipping because some are opportunist.. Making 400-550 a week.. 3-4hrs a day for 6-7days.
Pros
You are the boss
Cons
Poor. Management
Horrid
Delivery Driver (Current Employee) –  Kelowna, BCNovember 14, 2018
Today I drove about 40KM to make 30 bucks, 20 after gas, I started at 3 :30 and stopped at 7PM I made 20 bucks, for real 20 dollars!!!! And the Mac D's orders are the worst.
Pros
nothing
Cons
everything
Friendly colleagues but progression is not guaranteed.
Onboarding specialist (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg, MBNovember 11, 2018
Great management but they need to understand that education and experience both should be relevant. Experience within the company should be rewarded and it is also important to reward education and loyalty towards company. It affects employee morale when without any assessment or feedback someone gets promoted and it makes you question your quality of work.Otherwise great and a friendly work environment. Need more quality assessment interviews and performance reviews and benefits based reviews on a 360 degree level. Performance reviews do not assist in salary advancement or growth. Everyone is driven, understanding but needs an organized structural and growth opportunities on an individual level (non-comparitive).
Pros
Great Social structure, friendly workplace, Flexible work hours
Cons
No opportunities for advancement if there is no socialization, internal experience seems irrelevant, No work-life balance

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Skip the Dishes. Our community is ready to answer.

2.7